Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-12-10, 05:14   Link #21
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Just read the two chapters.
I really like it. Too bad no translations are out for the LN.
Its like my favorite parts of SAO and LH combined.
The first 2 chapters of the manga seem like the first episodes of SAO and LH jammed together.

Anyways, chapter 2 is pretty interesting, waiting to see where it goes.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 05:26   Link #22
drunkenwolfin
Bearded Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
The first 2 chapters of the manga seem like the first episodes of SAO and LH jammed together.

Anyways, chapter 2 is pretty interesting, waiting to see where it goes.
I can second that, I also caught a bit of Overlord too.
-didn't log out till the end,
-max char,
-OP compared to everyone else.

lol. ^.^

endonline.wordpress.com
drunkenwolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 05:33   Link #23
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
That isn't answered complete in the first few volumes of the WN.
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Basically, very few details were given about that, though for whatever reason the MC ended up in the boss fight alone.

I don't get why the series starts where it does, or why the death game aspect even came into the series at all. It's like the death game aspect was introduced just to prepare the MC for the fact that you can't risk death in the isekai, but either way if there's no real difference then it might as well have just been an isekai from the start. The stuff from the death game almost never gets applied other than the fact that the MC is already used to being careful and avoiding risking his life.

There are hints that something happened maybe to a friend of his during the death game though...

Edit: Oh yeah, also, the scroll he used to check if players were logged out is a player made item, he mentions that it only has names that alchemists were able to record through some means, in other words it's very possible that some other players didn't log off and ended up in that world as well.
I dunno, I think the fact that it was originally a game was what make the series interesting with how the resident of the world view the old actual player and their "miracle" in awe and reverence and how the NPC gain self-conscience and became people MC can finally talk like real person instead of predetermined dialogues.

The "death" aspect of the game (and his transport to different world) most likely become the main mystery of the series so we wouldn't know until later.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 06:43   Link #24
Namorax

So, there are hints that the reincarnation-system is still working since overpowered NPCs appear in the world.
Does that mean if the MC happens to "die", will he reincarnate as well?
Spoiler for random guess:

But I agree: This isn't the story about a MC being/becoming strong. It's about what happens to the world inside the game when the last player goes offline.
(Maybe what we perceive as reality is actually what remains after "god" stopped playing "The Sims"? xD)
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 06:52   Link #25
travelingbum

that reincarnate thing is only at certain places.
kinda like in Ragnarok Online though that's only a 1 time thing. (too lazy to think of other games)

death does not equal new game plus.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 07:30   Link #26
gimme breack
I Hate Ecchi . . . NOT!!?

what chapter's of WN was the manga's current chapter . . . ?
Old 2014-12-10, 07:43   Link #27
VooXoo

I tried reading a machine translation the WN yesterday.
I think the manga pass the first chapter and ends at the start of the second or halfway in it.
But from what I could get a lot of things were passed over (like every other manga from novel) or the progress was switched in some parts.
I'm not totally sure because my brain refused to go with it but seems like the strongest person in that area is a royal around level 158, but probably the MT was wrong, if is right that would mean the created NPC hide their stats.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 07:44   Link #28
drunkenwolfin
Bearded Author

I haven't scanned through them but judging on the size of the chapters and how much a manga tends to cover, should be somewhere between half and all of chapter 1

endonline.wordpress.com
drunkenwolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 09:13   Link #29
travelingbum

with all the stuff skipped....

the manga is a bit into vol1 [2]

maybe they have plans on putting in all the skipped stuff later but who knows.
Old 2014-12-10, 09:40   Link #30
Avaricia
My Lord

Ran online rebirth system? Fucking amazing if so.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 12:18   Link #31
Breidaluk

There will be translations of the novels?
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 11:23   Link #32
Baltoferd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
That isn't answered complete in the first few volumes of the WN.
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Basically, very few details were given about that, though for whatever reason the MC ended up in the boss fight alone.

I don't get why the series starts where it does, or why the death game aspect even came into the series at all. It's like the death game aspect was introduced just to prepare the MC for the fact that you can't risk death in the isekai, but either way if there's no real difference then it might as well have just been an isekai from the start. The stuff from the death game almost never gets applied other than the fact that the MC is already used to being careful and avoiding risking his life.

There are hints that something happened maybe to a friend of his during the death game though...

Edit: Oh yeah, also, the scroll he used to check if players were logged out is a player made item, he mentions that it only has names that alchemists were able to record through some means, in other words it's very possible that some other players didn't log off and ended up in that world as well.
Assumption time : the developers pulled a deadly prank because the game was nearing its cancellation...

There's no romance yet? Only hints right?
Baltoferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 11:49   Link #33
laon
Hantai

There is in the web novel. MC is conflicted as how to deal with it though (understandably).
Old 2014-12-11, 11:49   Link #34
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltoferd View Post
Assumption time : the developers pulled a deadly prank because the game was nearing its cancellation...

There's no romance yet? Only hints right?
There's no hints of anything on the developers end, it's really hard to say what was behind it.

The feel I got was more like the death game was a tutorial version to get them used to living in the dangerous world they would go to if they don't log off, though it could have been purely to gather information to build AIs or give personalities to the NPCs or something, really anything.

I am guessing if there were a number of other players with stats comparable to the MC, but either they didn't want to risk their life, or they were enjoying the situation, so they just didn't care to help clear the death game part, it's possible such players could have ended up in that world as well.

Though there's been no hints of such a thing, just a possibility.

There's a number of characters showing romantic interest in the MC, especially the silver haired elf that he left behind, she still has memories of all the time he spent playing the game from when she was an NPC before the death game started. (not just her, but he was with her in a lot of those memories since way back)

The MC made her basically a full strike zone to his preferences, so he shows interest occasionally as well, but he still seems to be leaning towards wanting to get back to his original world again, like it's just a continuation of the death game.

Last edited by Kaito Yamakage; 2014-12-11 at 16:54.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 20:53   Link #35
lemonedSM
the show must go on

the chapters are long and MT is a pain, but kinda worth it.

what's with the fox anyway, the elementail is it a pet? kinda vague there.
Old 2014-12-11, 21:11   Link #36
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonedSM View Post
the chapters are long and MT is a pain, but kinda worth it.

what's with the fox anyway, the elementail is it a pet? kinda vague there.
Spoiler for Spoilers:

I plan to read more eventually, but the switch off point between the digests and the WN kind of bothered me. I read the first 3 volumes or so of the WN, then I wasn't sure where to switch into the digests from there, the content was slight off in the chapter order, mostly with everything relating to the first king dude they meet missing from the WN version.
Old 2014-12-11, 21:17   Link #37
travelingbum

Don't think the WN got digested.

just edited to so they end up in their respective LN vols.

heck I'm on WN vol7 [3] and haven't noticed anything off.
Old 2014-12-11, 21:36   Link #38
laon
Hantai

Yeah, the chapter and volume is way too long for digests.

By first King did you mean the beastman king?
Old 2014-12-11, 21:42   Link #39
Kaito Yamakage

I'll try re-reading the digests from the start and see if there are any differences then, I made it up to like the 6th volume by the archived standard, but the point that's at in the main page is like the 3rd or 4th volume.

Yeah, the part where I read up to into the 6th volume was when she had just gone and tamed that unique monster to pull their carriage heading towards his place.

I guess that would make sense though, there's like 6 volumes of reasonably long chapters on the archived version, and then if you try to match that up to the digests/main page it turns into like 3 volumes of super insanely long chapters.
Old 2014-12-11, 21:46   Link #40
travelingbum

man WN vol 6 would pretty much become LN vol 4 and 5...

since each ch is so long.

Tags
another world