AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-07-14, 11:41   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation Regarding Danganronpa 3 (Very important for those who didn't play DR2)

Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen is the last part of the Danganronpa series, composed of 2 anime series concurrently broadcasted this summer: Future Arc and Despair Arc.

Future Arc is the direct sequel of the games, focusing on Naegi Makoto. This is meant to be a proper closure for the franchise.
Despair Arc is actually the prequel to Danganronpa 2, focusing on the members of Class 77 prior the events that occur in the game.

Please note that due to the settings and the purpose of both series, it is highly recommended that you have completed both Danganronpa 1 and Danganronpa 2 games (and most likely Danganronpa Another Episode: Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo too to a lesser extent), as both series disclose critical spoilers right from the get go.
There won't be any turnback considering both series are meant for the players, not for those who only watched Danganronpa the animation. As such, watch and/or discuss in the related threads at your own peril if you didn't play the games yet.

Consequently, "game spoilers" are perfectly welcome in both series threads when forum members wish to discuss about game elements that are mentioned/used in any of the anime series of Danganronpa 3. There won't be any restriction when it comes to discussions related to both games, therefore, spoiler tags are not necessary.

However, please be aware that there isn't any official english release for other media such as Danganronpa Zero, therefore usual spoiler rules still apply: please avoid mentioning elements from such media and use spoiler tags if you really believe information from such sources is relevant to the discussion at hand.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2016-07-15 at 15:45.
Old 2016-07-15, 12:46   Link #2
com_gwp

Definitely much needed; I would further suggest including in the title that anyone who hasn't played DR2 should read this first.
Old 2016-07-17, 18:55   Link #3
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Future Arc is the direct sequel of the games, focusing on Naegi Makoto. This is meant to be a proper closure for the franchise.
Sad.

I'm gonna miss this series.
Old 2016-07-17, 19:53   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thank you for all the staff at opening this thread in order to warn first-time viewers or the anime-only viewers.

About Danganronpa my experiences and knowledge are restricted only to the first anime show that aired back in 2013.

Unfortunately, neither I allowed myself the chance nor getting the means to play the first and second games plus the other the side-story or spin-off or alternate sequel game. My knowledge expanded by reading the entries at the Dangaronpa wikia site, particularly on the second game and its characters.

Unfortunately as well, I started watching the Future Arc of the Danganronpa 3 anime if only was the first episode. Hence, I see for myself no choice but continue watching that show as well as beginning to watch Despair Arc of Danganronpa 3.

However, thankfully, that I read the warning at this thread, it saves the trouble at putting comments such as "a pity at not being able to play the other games after Dangaronpa 1 and such as like".

Hence, I'll be focusing only on those two anime with a fully open and fresh mindset in order to enjoy the experience.
Old 2016-07-17, 20:04   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Unless you "can't use" steam, I don't see how you have no means for that as I've put links to both games just in case.
Old 2016-07-17, 20:05   Link #6
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Sad.

I'm gonna miss this series.
Well, it's not quite accurate. It's the closure of Naegi's arc and everyone involved with him. The new game coming out for PS4/Vita will focus on brand new characters with the only returning character being Monokuma
Closed Thread