AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 10.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 10.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-20, 18:30   Link #61
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
That is for that - another thing I see though is the significance of the video being shown; It is actually one of the Monokuma Theatres.
If you're not familiar with the reference "Gloomy Sunday" is a Hungarian song that according to urban legend drives people to suicide. I probably shouldn't link (someone may on the brink after too many incorrect theories) but if you're curious you can Google it... shitlord.

Junko may be alive (hopefully flesh and blood and not AE) but for the moment I'm of the opinion Mitarai made the video.
Old 2016-09-20, 18:43   Link #62
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias
Also Naegi falling into brainwash despair and had to be rescued was probably a low point of the show. Best solution was if he got out of it himself, 2nd best was remembering Kirigiri's words and snapping out of it. He's the hope after all.
No, you got it all wrong. Naegi used his power of ultimate luck to get himself out of the despair. See, Juzo came out of nowhere to save him in time.
Old 2016-09-20, 18:56   Link #63
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
If you're not familiar with the reference "Gloomy Sunday" is a Hungarian song that according to urban legend drives people to suicide. I probably shouldn't link (someone may on the brink after too many incorrect theories) but if you're curious you can Google it... shitlord.
Uhm I don't see how what you posted contradicts that gloomy sunday was the name of one of the theatres or the same footage having been shown back then?

Edit: Really am I the only one who didn't skip them and remembers the puppets and layouts to some extend?

Edit 2:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
finally found at least the picture. Note that the music is also the same. - So yeah hope this finally prooves that those theatres were more than just random things one could skip without consequence

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-20 at 19:23.
Old 2016-09-20, 19:23   Link #64
DragonXX

It all come down to the next episode where we will finally know who the Mastermind is out of the three of Tengan, Chisa and Mitarai or we may be troll and someone else competely different turn out to be the Mastemind. There even a chance that there were many people which different plans and they all ended up conflicting which each other. Like for example the one who plan the game is different from the one who plan the murders if they were not done by suicide. So there could be someone who plan the game but not the same person who could of bit doing the murders and they didn't know about each others identity.
Old 2016-09-20, 19:24   Link #65
stray
Classic Yandere

...huh?

I'm sorry man I forgot you've got the "detective" blinders on. All I'm saying is that there's a well known real world reference there. Feel free to ignore me.

edit: and for the record I did read all the Monokuma Theaters but its been a while.

Last edited by stray; 2016-09-20 at 19:37.
Old 2016-09-20, 20:22   Link #66
DMurphy

Actually, while it is a Monokuma Theater (or to be more precise, it's an image of Monokuma in a Monokuma Theater moving his head back and forth), I don't think that's actually a relevant point, let alone an 'aha, they were meaningful all along!' thing.

More likely it's just a reference to the games, in the same vein as when Chiaki's execution started off with the typical execution animation style, or when Junko sending out the footage of the first killing game was done in the same comic book format as the closing arguments.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2016-09-21, 01:57   Link #67
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
You don't need to be a detective to be the detective; DR 1 for example had Naegi as detective. Kyoko being the detective there was actually a double-perspective trick.
The game wanted to make you think Naegi isn't the detective at all, buit rather Kirigiri. (Perspective trick 1, refer to 'Sleeping Murder' to get something similar) - However Naegi was still the detective all the time, rather than Kirigiri who may be 'a detective' but not the detective of the story.
Way to ignore my actual points. V_V
Old 2016-09-21, 13:42   Link #68
Homura7

Watching the opening again, the amount of hints and foreshadowing in there is insane. And then there's also the lyrics.

It almost feels like every answer to our questions could be given just watching the opening.
Old 2016-09-21, 15:05   Link #69
stray
Classic Yandere

Random theories...

There is a 16th participant but they aren't the mastermind
Monaca helped set up but never met the organizer
Tengan recruited Mitarai to reverse Yukizome's brainwashing
Mitarai made the suicide video

I can't decide why Chisa had those pictures. I figure either she was going to talk about her 12 steps or she was getting ready to confess to Munakata for the sake of a murder-suicide despairgasm. Either way.

Unless they're planning to use the "Special Episode" to close the series I'd expect we're gonna continue with reveals in Despair. I'm still pulling for my dark horse but I guess I'll see.
Old 2016-09-21, 15:49   Link #70
Homura7

There's no way the next and final episode of Despair isn't going to converge with Future and have everything set up for the grand finale. There's barely anything left to explain in Despair, other than connect the dots.

Speaking about Tengan and Mitarai, I just remembered something.

When we were introduced to Mitarai the first time he was holding onto his phone. And then he said that Tengan had called him for the meeting.

But when Mitarai entered the room, Tengan had a reaction of surprise, and then Mitarai reacted with an equal confused look.

Tengan is dead now. He's deader than disco. Therefore whoever wrote Mitarai that mail is not him, but someone who took Tengan's phone. And I'm willing to bet it was that same person who called Mitarai to attend Naegi's hearing.

I will even go farther, and say that the message written up in blood wasn't Tengan's doing, too.
Old 2016-09-21, 16:08   Link #71
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The girl who looks like a corpse is clearly alive, so the guy who sent a mail must clearly be dead. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Watching the opening again, the amount of hints and foreshadowing in there is insane. And then there's also the lyrics.

It almost feels like every answer to our questions could be given just watching the opening.
Did you know that you have this habit of... Not actually telling anyone what it is you're talking about?
Old 2016-09-21, 16:12   Link #72
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The girl who looks like a corpse is clearly alive, so the guy who sent a mail must clearly be dead. XD
Difference between the two is:
Ones death was clearly observed, while the others was a flashback that didn't even make sense (Already brainwashed, + chair not high enough to reach chandelier, still not sure if this is intentional or just an animation screwup).

TBh even Munataka having a MPD would be more satisfying then 'Tengan did it and survived being impaled over the course of 2 sleep times'

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-21, 16:27   Link #73
Homura7

Quote:
Difference between the two is:
Ones death was clearly observed, while the others was a flashback that didn't even make sense (Already brainwashed, + chair not high enough to reach chandelier, still not sure if this is intentional or just an animation screwup).
Adding to that point the fact none of the frames show the moment the victims presumably kill themselves. Naegi is just explaining his version on how it happened.

Quote:
TBh even Munataka having a MPD would be more satisfying then 'Tengan did it and survived being impaled over the course of 2 sleep times'
Impaled is an understatement, Munakata fucking slashed his throat open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
TDid you know that you have this habit of... Not actually telling anyone what it is you're talking about?
Of course, where do you want me to start? I know, I'm going to start off with what is read in the lyrics:

'DEAD OR LIE' followed by 'Sleeping pills'. A hint that someone who was presumed to have died is actually alive.

The FF HQ reflection on the water.

The left side of Kirigiri's face in place of Monokuma's black side.

The survivors counter that has been off since episode 2.

The reflection on the dagger.

I would continue with the deaths portrayed in the opening, but I feel a bit tired right now
Old 2016-09-21, 17:10   Link #74
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
And I'm willing to bet it was that same person who called Mitarai to attend Naegi's hearing.
You brought this up before, and I'm still confused why you think its weird the FF 10th branch (cultural preservation or something) head would have showed up to a meeting of branch heads. There has to be some context for Mitarai being excluded here which I'm not really seeing. Unless you're just kind of shitposting at which point... nevermind I guess.

Speaking of Mitarai though I'm not ready to say he is the mastermind but as things stand he really seems to have some level of involvement.

Anyway I do think its possible the person texting from Tengan's phone is the one who tried to save Kirigiri...
Old 2016-09-21, 17:41   Link #75
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
You brought this up before, and I'm still confused why you think its weird the FF 10th branch (cultural preservation or something) head would have showed up to a meeting of branch heads. There has to be some context for Mitarai being excluded here which I'm not really seeing. Unless you're just kind of shitposting at which point... nevermind I guess.
Apparently not all heads where supposed to be there though. Togami for example wasn't either.
The real issue with him being there is that Kirigiri is surprised to actually see him which means she didn't expect him to be there despite being a branch head.

Thus people assume he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. - Him looking at his phone the entire time kinda confirms that someone specifically called him there too.

Old 2016-09-21, 18:17   Link #76
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Apparently not all heads where supposed to be there though. Togami for example wasn't either.
Um... Togami isn't a branch head, he's FF 14th under Kirigiri. He was acting head while she was away. I dunno what TL you guys are watching but this stuff was translated when characters were introduced...

Anyway there's any number of reasons Kirigiri reacted that way... he's a shut in who doesn't make many appearances, he's the only member of 77-B not a Remnant... maybe she got really into Detective Conan. All of which are probably more plausible than the idea he shouldn't be there. Sorry.
Old 2016-09-21, 18:22   Link #77
Homura7

The meeting started without Mitarai and the 13th branch leader (Asahina went in his/her stead).

You would think if the branch leaders were going to have a meeting that they would first wait till all of them arrived before coming to the point.

Quote:
Anyway I do think its possible the person texting from Tengan's phone is the one who tried to save Kirigiri...
Wait, wait. What are you talking about now?
Old 2016-09-21, 18:54   Link #78
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Um... Togami isn't a branch head, he's FF 14th under Kirigiri. He was acting head while she was away. I dunno what TL you guys are watching but this stuff was translated when characters were introduced...

Anyway there's any number of reasons Kirigiri reacted that way... he's a shut in who doesn't make many appearances, he's the only member of 77-B not a Remnant... maybe she got really into Detective Conan. All of which are probably more plausible than the idea he shouldn't be there. Sorry.

And how was Kirigiri supposed to know he used to be a shut in while he was still doing anime? Remember Despaier he called Anime stupid in the end - and while he still hs rings under his eyes they are now probably more from being guilt ridden than from making anime all the time.

The meeting also started without him and at first he didn't even want to go in - to be precise he stated ' I didn't know if I could go in' so why would he not be able to if he was officilaly invited?
If you paid attention even Tengan was questioning him being here and everyone else also silently questioned it.

Quote:

Wait, wait. What are you talking about now?
Well the Cure W must have gotten there somehow

Old 2016-09-21, 19:56   Link #79
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
You would think if the branch leaders were going to have a meeting that they would first wait till all of them arrived before coming to the point.
I mean... you can't really be like "lets wait another 5 minutes" when you're already standing on the conference table.

Quote:
And how was Kirigiri supposed to know he used to be a shut in while he was still doing anime? Remember Despaier he called Anime stupid in the end - and while he still hs rings under his eyes they are now probably more from being guilt ridden than from making anime all the time.
I used the present tense on purpose; if he has a reputation of being a shut in in the present (which BTW seems like it would be pretty consistent with his character) I'm pretty sure a fellow branch head would know.

In universe Despair was years ago, not days. We don't really know if he's doing anime or not right now, but like I already said 10th branch mission has something to do with restoration of culture so its possible he is. Or maybe he's turned into Hayao Miyazaki or Hideaki Anno who despises anime yet still makes it for some reason.

And then there's the possibility Monokuma's Gloomy Sunday is his work... but that's probably better left for a separate post.
Old 2016-09-22, 01:19   Link #80
Homura7

Quote:
Well the Cure W must have gotten there somehow
Ah yes, I commented on that one. That Kirigiri fell asleep forward and then someone moved her and put her in supine position. And then the empty bottle of Cure W was there.

By the way guys, an epilogue has just been made official. Is titled Side: Hope.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tsurara_s...64474593325056
Closed Thread