AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 25 24.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 22.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 31.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.98%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-10, 23:07   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
very enjoyable episode.
Noticed they took the opportunity for some Index fanservice with showing underneath her skirt as she was running to Touma.

Is there anymore explanation on the magic Oraina used that make Tsuchimikado incapacitated?
A bit of a recap- the style of magic Oriana use is base on the four elements, Earth water Wind Fire. In addition to those words, the elements also come with their symbolic colours, eg water=blue and fire=red.

Oriana intentionally use the wrong colour with the wrong words, by combining 2 conflicting elements together she creates negative or repelling results. In this particular case- she uses [Fire Symbol] but in blue colour. Water extinguishes Fire, thus eliminating the regenerative powers of Fire spells and creates a spell that does the opposite - makes people unconscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I assume the reason why Oriana kept using different magic is that she only has one-copy/use of each on those paper-slips of hers.
Hmm not exactly- aside from words and colours, Shorthand also factors in other variables like angle/direction, and the number of pages used and etc. But yeah the basic idea is that she can't use the same spell twice.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 23:17   Link #42
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

WHAAA !!!! Index and Misaka don't know each other ? This is awkward.

hehe... sleep over at the beach. HAHAHAHAHAAH
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 23:45   Link #43
eiyuu99

They should have met as strangers, rather than acquaintances of Touma.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 23:47   Link #44
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
They should have met as strangers, rather than acquaintances of Touma.
Every girl is an acquaintance of Touma, some how, some where.
Old 2010-12-10, 23:59   Link #45
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Wait: You're his girl friend. I'm not
No, you're his girl friend., I'm not
Oh no !! You're his girl friend. I'm just a friend
Wait a moment. I'm just his friend. You're his girl friend.
and the infinite loop runs on FOREVER !!!
Old 2010-12-11, 00:04   Link #46
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I can already see the ending.
Old 2010-12-11, 00:07   Link #47
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
the fight was alright, still don't understand how a punch in the face breaks her button on her shirt
Touma is actually some kind of a power-negating ninja, as shown in episode 7. The sly bastard probably snagged the button right after punching her face. Good job!

Lots of Oriana fan service. The fight was good, although not really that impressive. The spell Oriana used on the ground left me clueless, I'm just assuming if someone steps on those it instantly kills him/her, and Touma managed to avoid those easily. But seriously, who couldn't? they were glowing with rainbow-like colors.

like father and son indeed (even uses the same killer pick up line). Index is surprisingly similar with Touma's mum, they both emit the same black aura of jealousy
Old 2010-12-11, 00:22   Link #48
tsunade666

nope, the rainbow pathways are only visible for oriana. Touma did trigger the trap. You could see the white silhouette that should have slice him the moment he step on it. But he still continoues to run.

So Oriana said idiot because her intentions are to threaten him with "invisible trap" touma can't see those. But he still goes one and he might get killed and that's not what Oriana wanted. She just wants Touma to stop already. That's why Oriana's spell are more like restrictions than an actual killing spell.

btw in terms of power on the power chart. The current Oriana is stronger than the past before damage accelerator and now the weakened accelerator.

The past before damage has more computing capabilities but his still immature on how to use it. He just discover he can control the atmosphere at will when his getting beaten up by touma. And the current weakened Accelerator.... well his weakened but that wouldn't stay long. Well he is the "accelerator!"
Old 2010-12-11, 00:37   Link #49
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
nope, the rainbow pathways are only visible for oriana. Touma did trigger the trap. You could see the white silhouette that should have slice him the moment he step on it. But he still continoues to run.

So Oriana said idiot because her intentions are to threaten him with "invisible trap" touma can't see those. But he still goes one and he might get killed and that's not what Oriana wanted. She just wants Touma to stop already. That's why Oriana's spell are more like restrictions than an actual killing spell.
Ah I see, thanks for the explanation.
Old 2010-12-11, 01:03   Link #50
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
btw in terms of power on the power chart. The current Oriana is stronger than the past before damage accelerator and now the weakened accelerator.
There is a lot, lot, lot wrong with that power chart. I wouldn't suggest putting too much faith in that abomination.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 01:21   Link #51
all_flying

7.1 out of 10, saved by Index, Mikoto aaaaanndddd..... MISUZUUU!!! (speaking about a Mother who didn't appear as a mother at all (by any means)) XD
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 02:50   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looking back at the fight scene... I should give credit to Touma for not freaking out by any of Oriana's seductive attempts with words and loose clothings.

Too often heroes get distracted by fanservice in the middle of a fight- But not Kamijou Touma !
Old 2010-12-11, 02:53   Link #53
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, his everyday source of that (Seiri) got nuked. Who wouldn't be pissed?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 03:08   Link #54
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Hmmm... why did Oriana bump into Touma's father ? what did she plant on him ?

Ya know... Touma's not gonna fall for any fan service from some old hag wicked witch type.

Magic spelll buttons.. Yeah... that's the ticket. She didn't have any buttons, so Oriana called up a spell to make buttons. Only Touma negated the spell... Silly woman... buttons made from spells don't last like real ones.
Old 2010-12-11, 03:11   Link #55
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
the part where Oriana said her underwear was wet sounds hawt, cue Highschool of the Dead "i'm wet!!" text meme
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 03:27   Link #56
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Magic spelll buttons.. Yeah... that's the ticket. She didn't have any buttons, so Oriana called up a spell to make buttons. Only Touma negated the spell... Silly woman... buttons made from spells don't last like real ones.
In the first place, it really doesn't look like it'll take much for it to burst apart...
Old 2010-12-11, 03:34   Link #57
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Ya know... Touma's not gonna fall for any fan service from some old hag wicked witch type.
What, you didn't know? Touma likes the older woman mature type.
Old 2010-12-11, 03:46   Link #58
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um guys can anyone edit this pic??

um can any of you add kamina's sunglasess? thanks in adv because it would be soo funny and awesome to put it on FB hahahaha

technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 04:19   Link #59
Primary Consult

9/10.
Positives:
+that whole sequence culminating in the Misakas and Kamijous go to lunch
+Index cheerleader wants attention
+That's one way to stop a bus you've missed...

Negatives:
-Touma preaching instead of fighting when time is of the essence (from his perspective)
-Touma not going for the card for Tsuchimikado while Oriana is down... unless I missed something there.
-Explanation of Sword/Cross confusion and what the Cross does was very convoluted and confusing as all hell. Of course, that may just be bad subs.

A few frames here and there had animation quality woes but nothing as bad as some ongoing ones... BD will probably touch it up, hopefully.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 04:27   Link #60
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

That's so funny. St Peter's Cross.. from his grave.. hahahaha... He was buried in a crypt, later his bones were moved to catacombs. Such fun playing with historical facts. But this isn't real Earth. This is fiction.. so It's not big deal.. still.. funny to me.