AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-26, 00:31   Link #1561
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Context: I called Futoshi useless in defense of Biscuit (a character from another series) as a reply to Twi since he is comparing the two characters. And yes, compared to Biscuit, Futoshi is more or less useless . That's what my post that you quoted is all about.

See? You even fail to see the context and you just ignorantly use my comment as an example of someone who blindly hate Futoshi just because he is "fat & ugly" when I like Biscuit who is also "fat and ugly".

Your strawman is there for everyone to see.
If you mean to say that he is useless compared to this "Biscuit", whoever that even is, then actually use the words "useless compared to Biscuit". I. Can't. Read. Your. Mind. Your usage of the word "walking stereotype" also heavily implies that there is nothing to the character beyond being fat and ugly which simply is objectively false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I agree both parties are in the wrong. Communication is key. However, some behavior is based on how that person would want others to treat them and apply it to the situation. Futoshi was the controlling type and did not apply the "do onto others..." rule. He did have some people giving hints (Zorome) but it didn't arrive early enough.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ple-categories

Now, he knows what not to do hopefully.
Don't say you agree completely followed by something I don't actually agree with. Both sides aren't in the wrong, because I believe that Futoshi did absolutely zero things wrong. Doing something that another person may or may not like does not equal doing something wrong. In particular if you don't even know whether or not they like those things. In fact, even now it's really unclear to me whether she actually did not like his behavior or she just wanted Mitsuru's D.

Also, linking an article that literally reduces all men in the entire world down to 5 simple categories? Really? Imagine that article being about women instead. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Not gonna lie guys, Futoshi hit a bit too close to home. Acting nice to the girl, but in reality being possessive and dominating the relationship to be as he wants it to be. Hell, he pretty much forced the 'promise' this episode. Granted Futoshi isn't really bad or evil per se, but yeah, I wanted to smack my high school self a few times when watching the episode.
Have we even been watching the same episode? When was he acting possessive? When? When did he "force" anything on her? Dear lord what is going on here even?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I personally am glad Kokoro seems to have a more two-sided relationship with Mitsuru. Sure she isn't absolved of any sin from making promises she can't keep, but her being assertive with Mitsuru is a sign that THAT relationship is going to be healthier in the long run. That said, Mitsuru could be a bit more nicer and more enthusiastic with him pairing up, as he is the opposite of Futoshi. Wouldn't hurt to care a bit more.
Ok so first you complain about Futoshi allegedly "forcing" himself on Kokoro, and then you encourage Kokoro for doing the exact same thing to Mitsuru...

Am I seriously the only one seeing the double standard here?

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-03-26 at 00:42.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 00:59   Link #1562
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If you mean to say that he is useless compared to this "Biscuit", whoever that even is, then actually use the words "useless compared to Biscuit". I. Can't. Read. Your. Mind.
It's very obvious that my comment that you quoted was all in comparison to Biscuit. You're the one who easily jumped to conclusions. Also, my post that you quoted wasn't meant for you anyway. I was replying to Twi (who compared Futoshi with Biscuit) and from the looks of things, Twi and others understand my post just fine, unlike you . Reading comprehension matters.

Quote:
Your usage of the word "walking stereotype" also heavily implies that there is nothing to the character beyond being fat and ugly which simply is objectively false.
Yeah? Then please tell me the displayed traits that made Futoshi breaks away from the stereotype. Mind you that being "strong and dependable only in particular moments" aren't something special either.
Old 2018-03-26, 01:36   Link #1563
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
after you said that i go back to watch and indeed ichigo actually produced something almost on the minimum while ykuno was terrible low
Spoiler:

indeed it could means which she is really not a "lesbian" and it was her the problem.
Aslo you can see how kokoro was having high number with mitsuru which was still on his "barelly minimum numbers.

Another thing which i noticed indeed goro noticed hiro changes when they where kids:
Spoiler:
ikuno could still be lesbian but she is not honest with her feelings to herself or partner she needs to let it all out because kokoro's and mitsuru's numbers were decent until they talked it out at the end which result in mitsuru and kokoro hitting hiro/02 numbers 102/101
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 01:39   Link #1564
ReddyRedWolf

I'm wondering if the beast mode is standard or is only available to these customized Franxx.

We've seen mass produced Franxx look like. Team 13 is specifically a test group.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 01:50   Link #1565
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I'm wondering if the beast mode is standard or is only available to these customized Franxx.

We've seen mass produced Franxx look like. Team 13 is specifically a test group.
it was told which they franxx where indeed "uniques" or a new model, remember in the episode with the other franxx team which where pretty much all the same standart model, which was the "old one model", plantation 13 is using "new models" as probably the "elite teams aswell".
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
ikuno could still be lesbian but she is not honest with her feelings to herself or partner she needs to let it all out because kokoro's and mitsuru's numbers were decent until they talked it out at the end which result in mitsuru and kokoro hitting hiro/02 numbers 102/101
or could just be the system which indeed only work for "male and female duo and no matter how she tried the bar never gona progress because she is not a male.

I"m also don't think she is "not being sincere with her", at last this is not what she showed remember when she talked with mitsuru exactly about that which he is not being sincer with himself about what he really want to do and who is the person which he really want to impress, she told which she is not like that and she know what she want and that was the reason which she was the first one to rise hand when the "partner switch come in play.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-03-26 at 02:07.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 02:01   Link #1566
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
It's very obvious that my comment that you quoted was all in comparison to Biscuit. You're the one who easily jumped to conclusions. Also, my post that you quoted wasn't meant for you anyway. I was replying to Twi (who compared Futoshi with Biscuit) and from the looks of things, Twi and others understand my post just fine, unlike you . Reading comprehension matters.
How is this "obvious" how? How do you know they "understood" you? How do you know they don't just hate the character and thus agree with anything derogatory? What is even your problem with me. All your comments up to now have been very charged with negativity towards me personally. Does it really hurt you that much to be civil? You don't see me go "that's so like you" and literally spending a whole post replying to somebody who merely offhandedly mentioned your name just to complain about you?

Quote:
Yeah? Then please tell me the displayed traits that made Futoshi breaks away from the stereotype. Mind you that being "strong and dependable only in particular moments" aren't something special either.
You were saying how he does nothing except eat and bumble ("gluttonous wuss", your own words, you can't accuse me of misrepresenting your argument here), whereas he clearly does more. It's not exactly rocket science. But you knew this already, otherwise you wouldn't be coming up with this half-assed attempt to pre-emptively discredit it.

All I did was not understand you because I can't read between lines, nor should I have to. I did nothing wrong.
Old 2018-03-26, 02:16   Link #1567
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
How is this "obvious" how? How do you know they "understood" you? How do you know they don't just hate the character and thus agree with anything derogatory? What is even your problem with me. All your comments up to now have been very charged with negativity towards me personally. Does it really hurt you that much to be civil? You don't see me go "that's so like you" and literally spending a whole post replying to somebody who merely offhandedly mentioned your name just to complain about you?
Maybe because you are the only one here who is very aggressive?
I don't find your posts "civil" at all by the way.
Why don't you try rereading what you wrote, not the content, but your tone? For example, please don't start every sentence with "Remember kids", that's very annoying.
Old 2018-03-26, 02:19   Link #1568
KPSJ

Quote:
it was told which they franxx where indeed "uniques" or a new model, remember in the episode with the other franxx team which where pretty much all the same standart model, which was the "old one model", plantation 13 is using "new models" as probably the "elite teams aswell".

or could just be the system which indeed only work for "male and female duo and no matter how she tried the bar never gona progress because she is not a male.

I"m also don't think she is "not being sincere with her", at last this is not what she showed remember when she talked with mitsuru exactly about that which he is not being sincer with himself about what he really want to do and who is the person which he really want to impress, she told which she is not like that and she know what she want and that was the reason which she was the first one to rise hand when the "partner switch come in play.
Way to soon to give up on it only being male/female there is a theory going around we might her two more character added to the squad... if you pause the OP where they list the numbers of our main character(when they were kids)two of them are not part of plat 13 yet. why would we get numbers of kids not important to the plot with the main character?
Old 2018-03-26, 02:25   Link #1569
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Maybe because you are the only one here who is very aggressive?
I don't find your posts "civil" at all by the way.
Why don't you try rereading what you wrote, not the content, but your tone? For example, please don't start every sentence with "Remember kids", that's very annoying.
I was using humor to illustrate what the comment I'm replying to sounds like to me. I felt it was the most effective way to convey what I think about the matter. There's nothing aggressive about that. Believe me, if I'm feeling aggressive, I'd know. I'm fairly sure I know better than you what I'm thinking.
Old 2018-03-26, 02:31   Link #1570
Blueknight78

Quote:
Way to soon to give up on it only being male/female there is a theory going around we might her two more character added to the squad... if you pause the OP where they list the numbers of our main character(when they were kids)two of them are not part of plat 13 yet. why would we get numbers of kids not important to the plot with the main character?
you where talking about that image?
Spoiler:

remember before piloting with 02 hiro was piloting with other girl aswell which was there too and if they where really important as you claim they could appear more on the OP not just on that screen, basically for the first "half" all the 5 pilots where there and every plantation does have only 5 franxx so far and only when battling in the "fronts" which the klaxs which you could have more, also remember we also have already foreshadow the "rival elite team" which could be some of the kids on that image.
or it is that image?
Spoiler:

that are the elite team.
Anyway it was told which doctor franxx developed the franxx to be piloted especifically by "a couple of male and female, for "his own reasons" which is obvious ending that crap "distopia" and go back to the "old ways".

The possibility of a pair of male and male or female and female piltoing a franxx can only be possible if the doctor did a mistake on his work which allow that happens otherwise no, they where really designed to be a male and female only.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-03-26 at 03:39.
Old 2018-03-26, 02:51   Link #1571
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
How is this "obvious" how? How do you know they "understood" you? How do you know they don't just hate the character and thus agree with anything derogatory?
When it comes to reading comprehension in a forum, you might wanna pay attention to the comment that I replied to first. See below:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I mean, the series' Biscuit and the series' lesbian who just got rejected are piloting together. We all know if a Franxx gets killed whose it'll be.
Please don't insult Biscuit by comparing him with the useless Futoshi. They're like complete opposite aside from being chubby. Both characters have totally different roles in their shows. Biscuit was one of the smartest guys around and the antithesis of being useless. He's not even a gluttonous wuss like Futoshi. Biscuit avoids stereotype while Futoshi is a walking stereotype. Please understand the differences.
I even added an obvious bold to the part of Twi's comment that I was focusing on so that everyone can see that my comment that follows is all in relation to Biscuit, a character that I defend.

And as you can see, people actually understood my post and joining me in defending Biscuit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
And yeah Futoshi is no Biscuit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Biscuit... brain currently fails me... thinking... wait, what!? How is that even a comparison?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Even I must say that no way is Futoshi even a fraction of Biscuit. Biscuit was brave, smart, intelligent, resource and well-loved by anime viewers of a certain title.
Quote:
Don't compare Biscuit and futoshi!! Biscuit was a great character that would bring logic into orga's crazy ass plans TBH season 2 truly needed him

Quote:
What is even your problem with me. All your comments up to now have been very charged with negativity towards me personally. Does it really hurt you that much to be civil? You don't see me go "that's so like you" and literally spending a whole post replying to somebody who merely offhandedly mentioned your name just to complain about you?
Falsely accusing me of shallowly looking down on a character just because he is "fat & ugly" is one of your offenses to me. Look at your first sarcastic reply to me. It's condescending, insulting and offensively taken out of context:
Quote:
Quote:
useless Futoshi.
Remember kids, it doesn't matter what you do. Whether you're adept at piloting a giant robot you've never piloted before, with a partner you've never flown with before, or whether you're completely making up for the shortcomings of your team's weakest link, despite any spiritual pain you're feeling at the moment, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how many fights you win or how many lives you save. You are useless, because you're fat and ugly, and the weakest link is not.
You're the one who started the animosity here.

Quote:
You were saying how he does nothing except eat and bumble ("gluttonous wuss", your own words, you can't accuse me of misrepresenting your argument here), whereas he clearly does more. It's not exactly rocket science. But you knew this already, otherwise you wouldn't be coming up with this half-assed attempt to pre-emptively discredit it.
False accusation again. "Gluttunous wuss" is just one trait of Futoshi (among others). That's one stereotypical trait (among many) that Biscuit does not have despite being a chubby character. That's why I highlighted it. That's why I said Biscuit avoids stereotype. Get it? Do.you.get.it.yet?

Quote:
All I did was not understand you because I can't read between lines, nor should I have to. I did nothing wrong.
You did plenty of things wrong. First, you don't comprehend the context of my post to Twi. Second, you jumped to negative conclusion and blindly accuse me of shallowly disliking Futoshi just because he is "fat and ugly" when that is not true at all (otherwise, I would hate Biscuit too for the same reasons). Third, you're still denying your disrespectful and derogatory replies toward me and other users.

How many more false accusations are you going to throw at me before you're satisfied?
Old 2018-03-26, 03:03   Link #1572
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

About the discussion on indicators, I already had that on both Twitter and Reddit, and what's not clear to me is, how do you assign which of the two bars refers to which pilot? I've read both interpretations: that Ikuno's really low because it takes a boy to pilot, and that Ichigo's really low because she's not a lesbian. Any clues you use to actually determine which is which?

Quote:
The possibility of a pair of male and male or female and female piltoing a franxx can only be possible if the doctor did a mistake on his work which allow that happens otherwise no, they where really designed to be a male and female only.
Well, no, it depends on what they run "on". Do they run on "reproductive potential" (whatever that is)? Then male and female only. Do they run on emotions, the potential for romantic love, or even sexual attraction? Then male-male or female-female are fine, as long as both are gay.

My other fanfiction can be found here.

Last edited by Gan_HOPE326; 2018-03-26 at 03:16.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 03:23   Link #1573
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
About the discussion on indicators, I already had that on both Twitter and Reddit, and what's not clear to me is, how do you assign which of the two bars refers to which pilot? I've read both interpretations: that Ikuno's really low because it takes a boy to pilot, and that Ichigo's really low because she's not a lesbian. Any clues you use to actually determine which is which?
here when kokoro was about to enter stampede:
Spoiler:

the first black bar showing stampede is kokoro bar it's means it is the girl or piston bar and the second one in 0 is mitsuru which was disconnected then following the same logic the first bar on the other screen also means the girl and the second one the male which means which was ykuno the "low number" not ichigo.

Basically take attention in the anime and you can easy gues which one is the girl and the guy just based on the talks if image is not enough.

mitsuru alread stabilished of being able to "barelly get the minimum, which on that image we see he doing that while kokoro is easy passing him as she normally do since both she and fatso aways where much above the "minimum".
Quote:
Well, no, it depends on what they run "on". Do they run on "reproductive potential" (whatever that is)? Then male and female only. Do they run on emotions, the potential for romantic love, or even sexual attraction? Then male-male or female-female are fine, as long as both are gay.
that is why i told "doctor designed it to be piloted by a male and female", now how he did it i do not know, but that is why how he designed the franxx, now if him did not take in account the possiblity of gay couples or take into account or did a mistake which could lead to that is another history but his design was around that.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-03-26 at 03:45.
Old 2018-03-26, 03:53   Link #1574
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

In the interest of defusing the situation and making an end to this tangent before I actually start to get emotional, I'll just keep this brief.

Quote:
You're the one who started the animosity here.
I am sorry if you detected animosity, but I'm sorry, none was intended, and I'll be honest, I still do not quite understand why you feel so attacked. However, I will accept that you feel this way, and I am sorry.

Quote:
How many more false accusations are you going to throw at me before you're satisfied?
Look, I'm not sure what you mean by 'accuse', even if I'm wrong, I wasn't even thinking of you as a criminal. I just perceived something from your words. If you think I am mistaken, all you have to do is correct me. There's no need to get all angry. If you get angry, I'm less likely to take your word for it. But fine, if you say that's not what you meant, then that's not what you meant. I mean I don't quite understand what you did mean, but alright. It seems I have no choice but to blindly take your word for it. Maybe the problem does lie with me, I don't know. I tend to have a policy of not saying things I wouldn't want to have anyone say to me. However, there are a lot of things I don't understand if nobody explains them to me. I'm that kind of person. And I don't feel that I need to be ridiculed for that.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-03-26 at 04:04.
Old 2018-03-26, 04:10   Link #1575
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
that is why i told "doctor designed it to be piloted by a male and female", now how he did it i do not know, but that is why how he designed the franxx, now if him did not take in account the possiblity of gay couples or take into account or did a mistake which could lead to that is another history but his design was around that.
The thing is, it could just be a simplification. He may have designed them to promote "old style" sexual relationships, which means male-female in the most cases, and might include as a side effect gay couples when that works. Not an outright mistake, more like using something in a hacky way that wasn't intended but does not outright break it either.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 04:39   Link #1576
Kazu-kun

Quote:
it depends on what they run "on". Do they run on "reproductive potential" (whatever that is)? Then male and female only. Do they run on emotions, the potential for romantic love, or even sexual attraction? Then male-male or female-female are fine, as long as both are gay
There's always the chance that it runs on emotions but the writers simply don't think homosexual emotions count, you know.
Old 2018-03-26, 04:48   Link #1577
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Look, we don't know why the Franxx are designed this way. For all we know, it could be that whatever applied phlebotonium makes the things move won't work unless the two pilots have the capability to reproduce.
Old 2018-03-26, 04:49   Link #1578
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
In the interest of defusing the situation and making an end to this tangent before I actually start to get emotional, I'll just keep this brief.

I am sorry if you detected animosity, but I'm sorry, none was intended, and I'll be honest, I still do not quite understand why you feel so attacked. However, I will accept that you feel this way, and I am sorry.

Look, I'm not sure what you mean by 'accuse', even if I'm wrong, I wasn't even thinking of you as a criminal. I just perceived something from your words. If you think I am mistaken, all you have to do is correct me. There's no need to get all angry. If you get angry, I'm less likely to take your word for it. But fine, if you say that's not what you meant, then that's not what you meant. I mean I don't quite understand what you did mean, but alright. It seems I have no choice but to blindly take your word for it. Maybe the problem does lie with me, I don't know. I tend to have a policy of not saying things I wouldn't want to have anyone say to me. However, there are a lot of things I don't understand if nobody explains them to me. I'm that kind of person. And I don't feel that I need to be ridiculed for that.
Here’s some advice for you so that this can truly end:
  • If you don’t understand about something, ask nicely.
  • If you’re not sure about what other people are saying, don’t easily jump to conclusions.
  • If you don’t want to offend anybody in this forum, don’t start replying others with condescending and sarcastic comment like this:
Spoiler for saving space:
Your sarcasm is mocking the user that you quoted (plus, you misinterpreted my comment there). You might not feel that way because you’re the one doing the offense, but I and other users on the receiving end feel it. Below is a good representation of how people feel about your latest comments:
Spoiler for saving space:
If you start your argument by mocking someone in a conversation, that means you are looking for trouble with that someone instead of looking for a healthy discussion. If you don’t want to be ridiculed then don’t ridicule others.

I forgive you for all your faults and I'm ready to move on, but don’t do that ever again.
Old 2018-03-26, 06:36   Link #1579
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There's always the chance that it runs on emotions but the writers simply don't think homosexual emotions count, you know.
Don't mistake the writers of the show with the in show totalitarian society which isn't written with endorsement.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 08:04   Link #1580
KPSJ

Quote:
you where talking about that image?
Spoiler:

remember before piloting with 02 hiro was piloting with other girl aswell which was there too and if they where really important as you claim they could appear more on the OP not just on that screen, basically for the first "half" all the 5 pilots where there and every plantation does have only 5 franxx so far and only when battling in the "fronts" which the klaxs which you could have more, also remember we also have already foreshadow the "rival elite team" which could be some of the kids on that image.
or it is that image?
Spoiler:

that are the elite team.
Anyway it was told which doctor franxx developed the franxx to be piloted especifically by "a couple of male and female, for "his own reasons" which is obvious ending that crap "distopia" and go back to the "old ways".

Ya I am talking about the first image "373" looks like a female