AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-12, 17:29   Link #2961
zaeraal

Haimura's web page with js06 translations http://www.mediafire.com/?6pzhbodyv3k061s
(Contains both images and texts)

Even though it looks unrelated to Railgun, Haimura designed the railgun characters too before they were drawn by Motoi Fuyukawa and there are some interesting sketches and comments about them. (look for "Comic edit" tab.)
Old 2012-06-23, 17:00   Link #2962
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I being a little rushed, but the spoilers should not have left already?
Old 2012-06-24, 23:39   Link #2963
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Here's the spoiler images for the new chapter.

Spoiler for 50:
Old 2012-06-25, 00:14   Link #2964
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
Here's the spoiler images for the new chapter.

Spoiler for 50:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-25, 00:24   Link #2965
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Mikoto is angry, flee to the mountains. But I really expected to see this chubby bastard picking, since in theory the first images released are the most important, but let's go see what gives.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:05   Link #2966
Miraluka
Banned

So he handles them with no problem at all until one of his contacts tells him to stop fooling around and do his job.
Old 2012-06-25, 05:38   Link #2967
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
Here's the spoiler images for the new chapter...
I will add the translations by js06:
Spoiler for size:

The last image is most likely the last page (if you look at the page to the left, it's certainly from something else).
Which means the chapter didn't progressed much.. at least Mikoto is now free to go for Misaki.

Considering that Baba does not want the new girl to steal his achievements, I suspect that the new girl is from some other group (not MEMBER) that also was send to stop Misaki (it's quite obvious now that they are all after her).

And if we add the fact that she did not showed up in vol. 15 and the fact you can't really leave this dark groups, she is certainly going to be killed or something worse will happen to her.
Old 2012-06-25, 06:42   Link #2968
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If Railgun is being used as a medium to expand those characters of Darkness that were... Lets say 'cut short' in the Novels, I sure hope we'll get something on 'Boy with goggles' or even more miserable existences like BLOCK's Yamate and Tetsumou, though I doubt the latter two... I mean heck, I'm sure Kamachi didn't just decide to shine the spotlight on Baba because Accel World got an Anime right?

(Originally I would add Kakine as well, but NT4 made that request obsolete...)
Old 2012-06-25, 08:05   Link #2969
zaeraal

Not really sure how accel world is related to Baba, but I believe he just needed a character to expand the story.
And the best is if you keep the story coherent and let the readers empathise with the characters.
If he would have swapped them too much, readers would not care about them nor what happens to them.

And don't forget you need some connections to future arcs (vol 15) for which Baba is perfect.

PS: Yes, Railgun expands the characters from Index, but certainly not all.

And for those interested, it looks like this chapter has only 25 pages..
Old 2012-06-25, 09:03   Link #2970
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Not really sure how accel world is related to Baba, but I believe he just needed a character to expand the story.
You don't have to think so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
And the best is if you keep the story coherent and let the readers empathise with the characters.
If he would have swapped them too much, readers would not care about them nor what happens to them.

And don't forget you need some connections to future arcs (vol 15) for which Baba is perfect.

PS: Yes, Railgun expands the characters from Index, but certainly not all.

And for those interested, it looks like this chapter has only 25 pages..

I don't expect all of them to show up in one arc at once, I'm only stating my interest in seeing more of them where it's this arc or the next.

Besides, last time I've checked, this series thrives on many characters and their povs.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:56   Link #2971
zaeraal

Anyway, another spoiler by js06.
Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-06-27, 09:57   Link #2972
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just hope this doesn't send Misaka into another 'I CAN"T DEPEND ON ANYONE' thing.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:10   Link #2973
Destined_Fate

Well, sometimes you gotta go it alone. If it gives us more Misaka fight scenes than isn't that a good thing?
Old 2012-06-27, 10:17   Link #2974
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I just hope this doesn't send Misaka into another 'I CAN"T DEPEND ON ANYONE' thing.
Queue Kamijou appearing out of nowhere and clairvoyantly figuring out Misaka is being bothered by something then sets out to help her.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:33   Link #2975
Destined_Fate

I thought that was a given that would happen. We could use another fight between them.
Old 2012-06-27, 11:06   Link #2976
Acer
Death to the infidels!

summary and some pictures in good quality:http://beatarai.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-2554.html
Old 2012-06-27, 18:06   Link #2977
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
Queue Kamijou appearing out of nowhere and clairvoyantly figuring out Misaka is being bothered by something then sets out to help her.

That may be good in theory and for shippers, but it wouldn't be good for Misaka's reputation if she always need Kamijou to help her.
Old 2012-06-27, 18:20   Link #2978
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Mikoto needs to keep his "pride of the protagonist," if she lives being saved, she would lose it, not to mention that she is not like the protagonist "weak", side in the world where she lives a few people can challenge it. I'm not telling her to do everything yourself, but it would be nice if she gave the "last blow".
Old 2012-06-27, 19:06   Link #2979
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh... recently I've been getting negative rep for the smallest shit... I mean sure, it's fine if it's because I crap on yuri fans and their delusional pairings and self righteous attitude against anything with a penis- I wear that like a badge of honor.

But to get negative rep for not agreeing to a Kamijou saving Misaka scenario? Oh come on! How was anything I said offensive ? As it is Misaka doesn't have a lot of moments of badassery, do we really need to add 'can't even save her friends without a man by her side' to the list?

Granted, if it's like remnant arc where Kamijou only appears at the end to do one thing, I don't think it would affect much...
Old 2012-06-27, 19:14   Link #2980
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sigh... recently I've been getting negative rep for the smallest shit... I mean sure, it's fine if it's because I crap on yuri fans and their delusional pairings and self righteous attitude against anything with a penis- I wear that like a badge of honor.

But to get negative rep for not agreeing to a Kamijou saving Misaka scenario? Oh come on! How was anything I said offensive ? As it is Misaka doesn't have a lot of moments of badassery, do we really need to add 'can't even save her friends without a man by her side' to the list?

Granted, if it's like remnant arc where Kamijou only appears at the end to do one thing, I don't think it would affect much...
I agree. We get enough of Touma solving problems by punching them in the main series (As much as I love that). This is Railgun not Index

I don't think we need to worry though. The only reason Touma was the hero at the end of the Sister's Arc was because he did it in the actual series and the author is keeping Railgun canonical. Misaka will be the hero for the rest of the arcs.

I bet he'll show up at the end of the arc to fix everyone's memories, but he won't be defeating Shokuhou
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen