AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 8.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 34.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 18.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 10.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.04%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-06, 21:24   Link #81
StainGlass

I still much prefer the Nomad design for Suigintou.
This one, although close to the manga looks much more childish and less threatening, I guess that suits her manga personality too.

The one design I do like better than Nomad's is Souseiseki. I really like how she appears here, and then much like Suigintou, her manga personality was quite different after all.
Old 2013-07-07, 00:27   Link #82
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

For most of the characters I like both versions' designs equally, with the exception of Hinaichigo. She looks a a lot cuter here, imo. Nomad's designs made most of the dolls look older, which worked for certain personalities like Suigintou or Shinku. Hinaichigo, while still cute in Nomad's design, didn't look as child-like as she should've (to me, that is).
Old 2013-07-07, 00:36   Link #83
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

I really enjoyed this episode, and since I've watched the previous Rozen Maiden series, I will watch this one too. The buildings and the backgrounds are drawn nicely and in a bit unusual way, the music, animations and seiyuu's are really good too.

I just hope that they will go according to the manga.
Old 2013-07-07, 02:42   Link #84
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...wow Rozen Maiden...

...unfortunately I don't remember much since it was 7 years ago...
...but with this ep I kind of got the idea...

...either way glad to see the dolls back in action...especially the desu...
Old 2013-07-07, 06:02   Link #85
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
My understanding is that Studio DEEN was going for a style that's meant to be much closer to the manga's. So while it does look very "flat", it's now more accurate to the source material. I personally love it (and I still love the original series' designs, too), but that's just me.
Oh it certainly does with the thinner more shoujo styled linework. I'm not really a fan of the use of textures for actual shading, hence why the show looks flatter to me in general. This is all personal preference I know. The character's hair (especially Shinku) is done quite nicely though.
Old 2013-07-07, 07:29   Link #86
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
Oh it certainly does with the thinner more shoujo styled linework. I'm not really a fan of the use of textures for actual shading, hence why the show looks flatter to me in general. This is all personal preference I know. The character's hair (especially Shinku) is done quite nicely though.
Spoiler for Le pics:

Visually the show looks nice. I also had to decide whether or not I liked the way they textured the clothing and I decided that I actually do. One of the things that I was drawn to with the previous Rozen Maiden was the outfits of the characters. From what I've seen the outfits are more lovely than ever, and so I'm a very happy person.

Also I took the time to listen to Suigintou a bit. Such amazing voice acting. That famous evil laugh is just too much for me to handle!
Old 2013-07-08, 07:37   Link #87
kitten320

That was a horrid episode... they should've just continued from where they left instead of trying to sum 2 seasons + extra material in one episode. It was all over the place and left no impact what so ever.

Looks like this version tries to stick more with manga art. I preferred old anime one more =/

I hope that just like FMA: Brotherhood, later episode will be better because this "recap" was horrible!
Old 2013-07-09, 02:39   Link #88
Tenzen12

They had to clarify from where they left, it's this is second second season not third

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-07-09 at 02:58.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:05   Link #89
Horse

I don't know, the problem is with how they did it - a single, continuous storyline. If we are to take the events in this episode seriously then Jun has never even met Hinaichigo or bonded with Tomoe.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:44   Link #90
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I don't know, the problem is with how they did it - a single, continuous storyline. If we are to take the events in this episode seriously then Jun has never even met Hinaichigo or bonded with Tomoe.
I'm not familiar with the manga so I might be wrong here, but it seems like they would have been better off just treating it like a reboot.

Reintroduce the cast and the story like it was new, and not waste time creating this weirdo mashup of two prior seasons.
Old 2013-07-09, 05:29   Link #91
Tenzen12

That is impossible. First season was faithfull adaptation and there is no point of repeating it in reboot. Second season deviated from source and Zurückspulen is technicaly start from point these deviation started.

Making whole season again that was done already as introduction of new intended story, is just wast of time.
Old 2013-07-09, 05:37   Link #92
StainGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I'm not familiar with the manga so I might be wrong here, but it seems like they would have been better off just treating it like a reboot.

Reintroduce the cast and the story like it was new, and not waste time creating this weirdo mashup of two prior seasons.
Would have loved this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That is impossible. First season was faithfull adaptation and there is no point of repeating it in reboot. Second season deviated from source and Zurückspulen is technicaly start from point these deviation started.

Making whole season again that was done already as introduction of new intended story, is just wast of time.
The first season was not a faithful manga adaption. It may have not strayed as much as the second season did, but there were certainly significant differences.
Old 2013-07-09, 05:41   Link #93
Tenzen12

Ok it was faithful enough for me not remember any changes after five years. Whatever.

Still there is no reason make whole first season again just to get to Zurückspulen part of story.
Old 2013-07-09, 07:33   Link #94
kitten320

As far as I know, Suigintou is not broken in manga.

There might not be a reason to make full out reboot but there was no reason for this horrid episode either. It left 0 impression. Jun's sister suddenly knows about dolls, Souseiseki suddenly died, Hinaichigo who we don't know died without any real impact, Jun is ready to go god knows where even though he barely knows Shinku and others and so on.

This episode was a massive crap and for people not familiar with series, it would be an even bigger crap.

I just pray the rest is better since it should be a new material.
Old 2013-07-09, 09:54   Link #95
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I wish they had made the transitioning between the events more distinct. The episode, as it is now, could come off to someone who didn't know better as the literal sequencing of events. Of course, there's no way all of that happened in the span of only 2-3 days. But it's less about the scenes they showed and more about how they were edited (or rather not edited).

Most 'good' recap episodes that I've seen typically have a narrator (or perhaps one or two of the characters narrating). There are also clear cuts from scene to scene that really give the viewer a sense of "oh, this isn't all happening at once, gotcha". (Basically, they tend to rapid fire snippets of the story so far, only focusing long enough on each scene so that you get the major gist of what transpired. A very recent example is episode 13.5 of Attack on Titan.)

I don't know what DEEN was thinking, honestly... Hopefully for the rest of the episodes they came to their senses. <_<
Old 2013-07-09, 13:01   Link #96
Horse

In my humble opinion the whole episode (apart from the Laplace opening and ending) should've been from Kirakishou's point of view. Just her obsessing over Father, Alice and the other dolls while stalking Shinku and the gang. Then launching an all out attack in the 2nd half of the episode.

Not only would that quickly reintroduce everything to the viewer but also set Kirakishou up as the beautiful psycho that she is. She deserves more than what DEEN did with her here.

... but I'm no pro writer.
Old 2013-07-10, 12:59   Link #97
arkxkra
全力全開

so it is a ultra summary of 1st season manga... is tiring to watch this episode, but good to see all the doll come back and luckily all the Maiden design are better than the previous .
Old 2013-07-10, 20:42   Link #98
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Dammit....Su looks so damn pretty that I might be torn between her and Desu
Old 2013-07-12, 08:23   Link #99
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
extremely messy and chaotic, if i was a first time viewer i probably would have found it too much to handle. However, it was just awesome seeing some old faces
Old 2013-07-14, 13:53   Link #100
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen. A Fresh Rewind into an old tale.

It's been almost seven years since I last watched Rozen Maiden, and after viewing the first episode I felt as if everything rewind back to the starting line, then someone gave it an unexpected spin on the series, and, finally, I got myself diving into a whole new take on the same world.

Granted, my knowledge only goes as far as back to Ouvertüre and Träumend but never got the opportunity to see the first anime that got released about nine years ago. Moreover, I'm also making myself clear that I have never read the manga in my entire life, either.

The first episode is good but far from epic and not flawless, because I believe it has to do with the pacing; everything transpired quickly, as if they wanted to make haste with the Rozen dolls' introductions. The problem pointed out by some of you out there is that the first episode's pacing alienates a new generation of audiences that happen to come across to Rozen Maiden in anime form for the very first time.

The moment that Jun rewinds Shinku things start to get moving like a lightning:
- Suigin-Tou fastens her introduction in order to mount her attack on Shinku.
- Souseiki drags her twin, Suiseiki, and inadvertently drags as well Jun and Shinku into her dream field in order to take back Suiseiki's ring.
- Souseiki already loses her Rosa Mystica, which Suigin-Tou proceeds to claim for herself.
- Kirakishou traps Hina-Ichigo in her own dream field, and eats the latter's body to turn it into a vessel of her (Kirakishou) own, which would later prompt Hina-Ichigo to hand her Rosa Mystica to Shinku much to the latter's grief and regret.

Everything is packed in one episode, hence, unfamiliar viewers with Rozen Maiden might feel confused or with a disjointed sensation.

As to me, I'm asking the experienced and veteran Rozen Maiden fans out there to please bear with me regarding my future posts and comments on this series, because I tend to deliver my comments right after watching episodes only once. In turn, my posts will sound biased and full of ignorance for someone who has never read the manga or watched the first series. Hence, I'm making a commitment to myself that I'm NOT going to make stupid, baby questions regarding this series.

For example, no baby questions about:
1. What's the Alice Game?
2. What's an N-Field?
3. Why a pair of Rozen Maiden twin dolls is so valuable?
4. Why only seven dolls created?
5. Who is Rozen?
etc.

I think with just watching both Traümend and Overture gave me enough experience to have knowledge of basic questions that no doubt the new viewers and fans are posting in the question thread.

Rozen Maiden third series is either a remake or sequel? Herein lies a dilemma.

However, that's not a dilemma from what I've seen in the first episode. You want my opinion?

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen is actually a fresh restart granted an unexpected spin into the story to make it correlate consistently and better from the new manga to the first manga.
Closed Thread