Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-28, 17:22   Link #2801
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Wow, okay...personally, no. I wouldn't be seeing you as a snob, just as an extremely lucky guy. I'd pick C over A, despite that A recognises her weakness, you said yourself she's only ever kind to you. Honestly, like comparing, well, anything of this nature, you've considered the pros and cons of each quite detailed.

How very recently are we talking? If it's very recent, then maybe you should give it some more time as some more of the qualities of the girls seep through, yeah?
Odds are that I will not be pursuing any of these options until my novel is published and I have an agent to shop my screenplay around, so this is really more of a self-awareness (hah!) exercise at this point. But to answer your question, Girl A was an eighteen month communication gap, Girl B was six years and Girl C was two months. This is less about them being old flames and more about my starting to notice the whole self-awareness part of the equation, though.
Old 2010-01-28, 17:29   Link #2802
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Odds are that I will not be pursuing any of these options until my novel is published and I have an agent to shop my screenplay around, so this is really more of a self-awareness (hah!) exercise at this point. But to answer your question, Girl A was an eighteen month communication gap, Girl B was six years and Girl C was two months. This is less about them being old flames and more about my starting to notice the whole self-awareness part of the equation, though.
*sips coffee* well....it's a tough one...you've known these girls for a while, and are continuing to hold off until the release of your novel. I wouldn't be making a decision right now, although trying to get a fair idea about what you wanna do after the novel's released isn't a bad idea.

And...I'm not joking, I am sipping coffee as I read this xD
Old 2010-01-28, 17:34   Link #2803
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
*sips coffee* well....it's a tough one...you've known these girls for a while, and are continuing to hold off until the release of your novel. I wouldn't be making a decision right now, although trying to get a fair idea about what you wanna do after the novel's released isn't a bad idea.

And...I'm not joking, I am sipping coffee as I read this xD
Really, more than anything, I'm just curious to know how important people think self-awareness is. If there's advice to be had on what of my options to pursue, that's a nice bonus for later, but the explanation was provided so that people could know exactly what I meant by self-awareness and also how strongly I'm valuing it.

I'm trying to figure out the value of self-awareness in a partner as something to look for going forward in general, rather than this one specific instance, you know? I get other people who are hardcore students of the arts telling me that I'm in the right, but of course they'd agree about that sort of thing. But then, that's a circle of snobbery.
Old 2010-01-28, 18:10   Link #2804
Habhome

Self awareness.. hmm. Well, me myself I can't stand people who overestimate themselves and claim to be awesome at something when they in fact aren't, so I guess I'm in some way the same. And I am by no means a Hardcore arts student =P I'm going for Programming ^^
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 18:15   Link #2805
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Personally, I see nothing wrong with being attracted to someone based off their self awareness. Usually, when a person is aware of his or her own faults, admits to them, and makes an effort to try and change themselves for the better, it's considered an attractive thing because it shows that person isn't snobby or overestimating themselves. Besides, usually when someone is aware of their faults, it means they also know their strengths.
Old 2010-01-28, 18:52   Link #2806
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Personally, I see nothing wrong with being attracted to someone based off their self awareness. Usually, when a person is aware of his or her own faults, admits to them, and makes an effort to try and change themselves for the better, it's considered an attractive thing because it shows that person isn't snobby or overestimating themselves. Besides, usually when someone is aware of their faults, it means they also know their strengths.
Not necessarily, some people are very aware of their personal flaws but tend to ignore their strengths (and I'll admit straight away that I believe myself to be in this category).

As for the question of whether such self-awareness is important in romantic interests I would have to say it depends on the person. Everyone rates different qualities higher than others so I can't say as a fact that most people look at that quality as a fact, I don't even believe that's one of the qualities I value the most even if it is a very highly regarded one in my book.

As for your situation Ricky Controversy and considering all you've told us I would say you shouldn't focus so much on analyzing the qualities and flaws of each of those girls and more on how you feel when you're with them but that's just me.
Old 2010-01-28, 18:57   Link #2807
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
*gets a better view now that he's fully awake and finished his coffee* ah, I see what you mean now . Stupid me, I'd say then that A has self-awareness. She's able to tell the fact that she's not exactly nice to others.

Self awareness is quite important, now that you mention it. If you are able to tell your weaknesses instead of hide them for others to find out, then you're doing better than I am . Also understanding that it may be difficult to change bad habits that you pick up genetically or in early childhood (*cough* thank you dad *cough*), will help you get a better understanding of yourself and how you present yourself to the public.
Old 2010-01-29, 06:32   Link #2808
Animelover#1
Kouta...

@ Narona
No particular reason, though I guess I just prefer someone shorter or the same. taller people (when dating) just make me feel a little uncomfortable, i guess.

@ self awareness topic
I guess I understand what your saying. I know my strength's and weakness's well.
Weakness 1: I'm a lazy SOB
Strength 1: I'm good at art
Weakness 2: I sometimes say something offensive without thinking
Strength 2: I'm kind and considerate and understanding.
Weakness 3: I can get really paranoid about people looking at me for some particular reason or another
Strength 3: I'm non-judgemental.

This list could go on for ever :P
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 14:02   Link #2809
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
@ Narona
No particular reason, though I guess I just prefer someone shorter or the same. taller people (when dating) just make me feel a little uncomfortable, i guess.
*yawn*...I wouldn't blame you. A height difference makes it hard to kiss while standing. Either one has to break their back or the other must find a bench or even just be carried by the other...actually when I look at it that way (and with my gf too) that might be more fun

(i've been using Yawn because it's like 6AM, I should be asleep but I managed to wake myself up half an hour ago. Therefore my mind is at half it's working capacity, these opinions are therefore labelled with "Sleepy")
Old 2010-01-29, 15:00   Link #2810
kingzero

thats cool!!!!!!!!
...now if i can get one... NYU
kingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 16:31   Link #2811
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Not necessarily, some people are very aware of their personal flaws but tend to ignore their strengths (and I'll admit straight away that I believe myself to be in this category).
I've noticed that some people are like this too. Although I still find them a lot more pleasant to be around than people who are the other way around.

Quote:
*yawn*...I wouldn't blame you. A height difference makes it hard to kiss while standing. Either one has to break their back or the other must find a bench or even just be carried by the other...actually when I look at it that way (and with my gf too) that might be more fun
Personally, sitting before kissing probably works better than the other strategies mentioned. Carrying someone is romantic and all, but even a tiny girl is heavy enough to cause injury if not handled correctly - now excuse me while I go pump some iron.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 16:36   Link #2812
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I'm One Head Taller, so there are problems when we try to kiss standing up... she usually ends up almost bowling me over. >.>;

Sitting down first = best.
Old 2010-01-29, 17:03   Link #2813
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
The only time I've ever kissed a boy is when we're both sitting down. Works out easier in the long run, I think, since there isn't as much of a height difference and you don't really have to worry about falling over.
Old 2010-01-29, 17:10   Link #2814
bbqsauced
Stoned.

Send a message via AIM to bbqsauced
I used to date a girl who was about a foot shorter than I was. If it felt too awkward to kiss her standing up, I'd just pick her up and do it.

Kind of a manly thing though.
bbqsauced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 17:14   Link #2815
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

I think it's easier to cuddle sitting down. Thank god me and her catch the same bus home and usually find a spare bench/seat where I can't tell if someone's watching (about 20 other kids from my school catch this bus, including one from another school who me and my girlfriend would so dearly love to punch).
Old 2010-01-30, 16:41   Link #2816
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
I think it's easier to cuddle sitting down. Thank god me and her catch the same bus home and usually find a spare bench/seat where I can't tell if someone's watching (about 20 other kids from my school catch this bus, including one from another school who me and my girlfriend would so dearly love to punch).
Lmao! There's always the one, ya?
Old 2010-01-30, 16:48   Link #2817
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Oh yeah, always.
Old 2010-01-30, 18:46   Link #2818
Habhome

Quote:
I have one of those people I'd love to punch. It's not connected to me and my GF in any way, and it was a long time ago. And I kinda got my revenge already. But that person tried to strangle me twice. Once he tried to put a rope around my neck and another time he pulled my collar from the back. The second time I planted my heel firmly in his crotch though, he haven't bothered me ever since.

Sorry for the
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 10:10   Link #2819
Animelover#1
Kouta...

lmao, I fear this thread is starting to die ;(.

We should put more fuel on the fire.
Old 2010-01-31, 13:54   Link #2820
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
lmao, I fear this thread is starting to die ;(.

We should put more fuel on the fire.
*yawns* ...my fault for mentioning that jackass in the first place.

(school? Oh come on it's like 5.40am)

Well, I don't remember if I mentioned it before (I'm literally half asleep ^), but I have this friend. He's very smart, very good looking (I think I'm gonna puke, I'm saying this about a best friend. I'm not gay and have no intention of turning) and knows how to flirt. I see it all the time. Problem is, he can't secure a girlfriend on his own (ie, think of Hitch), and there's another pressing issue: my bi friend told me he had the hots for this guy.

So basically I have to try and find him a girlfriend, or else he's gonna have to go gay, and while I have no problem with that (apart from having 2 of my best friends falling for each other, which has it's qualms, but that's probably the sleep talking) I don't think the school community is going to react, well, welcomingly.

(Have I bought it back to dating?)

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom