AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 123 54.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 31.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.88%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-14, 22:53   Link #201
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaken
Agreed!

I'm glad I read the chapter before watching. Nagato Yuki is on a grand level of kawaii in this ep, its not really a secret. Definitely knew there was more to this girl from the time she slipped the secret note in the book before giving it to Kyon (what is his real name anyway??).

Although, Yuki has that "poker face", I have a feeling that she is simply very good at keeping her emotions inside. Yes, she definitely has something going on inside.

Emotions. Yuki's got'em, but if she is considering that data as unimportant junk, or unrelated info, then she probably doesn't understand them very well and they are running amok. Pehaps she has them filed neatly in her super cleano internal data storage facility. May be she even peeks at them every once in a while? I don't know, it's just a thought.

Anyway, she has really great eyes
Pure speculation: its the old "put an alien mind in a human body and after a while they start thinking and emoting like a human" story .... Star Trek did that a few times.
However, I remember one short story when i was a teenager that went the other way: they'd re-engineer humans to live outside on the surface of Titan ... but they kept losing contact with the volunteers so they reworked their top guy and sent him out to see what was going on. Once out there: all the new scents, the feelings, the textures were so exhilarating he just felt sorry for the "behinders" and never looked back.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-06-14 at 23:04.
Old 2006-06-14, 22:59   Link #202
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, we get to see her in a maid outfit next episode anyway.
Old 2006-06-14, 23:08   Link #203
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Well, we get to see her in a maid outfit next episode anyway.
Isn't it a fried soba cafe costume? I guess that's a maid outfit.

I wanted to point out something that I didn't notice earlier. Did anyone notice that on the episode preview of Live A Live, that it felt like all of Tsuruya's actions within the preview itself looked like the mouth movements actually matched Haruhi's introduction to the next episode? It totally looked like lip synchronization even though Tsuruya in the next episode on that same exact scene will definitely say whatever actual content is presented. Even Taniguchi's appearance on the preview also seemed to initially match Kyon's incorrect correction. And then it's like when Kyon looks at the menu or paper he's holding in the preview, then he corrects himself. I don't know, it seemed like in that particular preview it seemed like everything they showed matched what they were saying.
Old 2006-06-14, 23:11   Link #204
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
The Gundam Mod(Homeworld 2) is still alive and well check relic forums, they put in a Single player too. The Battle of Loum(spelling), awesome, plenty of ships and action.
There's also a Gundam mod for Starcraft floating around. It was being worked on in 99/00, but then the guy stopped. Seeing as how it was 6 years ago, it might be hard to find now, but Ive still got my copy :>
Old 2006-06-14, 23:28   Link #205
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin Squad

The thought of a Warhammer 40k space combat game with HW like gameplay makes me happy.
You do know Games Workshop has a Tabletop game of that already? It's called Battleship Gothic, now all Relic has to do is get the licence off GW and they are sorted! WOOT!!

BIOTYRANT Ships???!!!! Necron Tomb ships?!! Kroot Sphere?! Not to mention even a Black Fortress or a ELdar Craftworld?!?!?!!

YEEES!!!

I hate you Haruhi, for bringing back my hard sci-fi spirit back to life...
Old 2006-06-14, 23:39   Link #206
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Pure speculation: its the old "put an alien mind in a human body and after a while they start thinking and emoting like a human" story

I suppose this is a throwback to the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"
Old 2006-06-14, 23:52   Link #207
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Yes, you are right. Upon closer inspection, the hairstyle is different.
who the hell could it possibly be then
Old 2006-06-14, 23:52   Link #208
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
At 05:04, Kyon said the only memory he wanted to retain from the cultural festival would be Asahina-san's fried soba cafe costume.

At 05:09, we are instead treated to the following image of Tsuruya-san (not that I mind, of course).

That's kinda odd. Could Kyon be unconsciously shifting his attention from Asahina to Tsuruya? Is there hope for Kyon x Tsuruya fans afterall?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-14, 23:57   Link #209
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
Spoiler:
I don't think Mikuru made the outfit. Kyon mentioned that Mikuru's class must have someone good at clothing design, but I don't think Miruru was credited for it... And could you imagine Mikuru sewing? She would hurt herself!
Old 2006-06-15, 00:11   Link #210
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

You know, this episode really kicked butt in the music department! We had Shostakovich's Symphony #7 at the start of the game (with a funny computer bleep version it would switch to), Tchaikovsky's Symphony #4 at the end, and I just noticed Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe at the episode prologue. The only two missing from my top 5 favorite composers are Stravinsky and Bartok. I like the music director's choices!
Old 2006-06-15, 00:25   Link #211
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just a minor point I obtained from another website...

Guess who wrote the script for this episode?

None other than Shoji Gatoh!

The novel author of Full Metal Panic!!!!

What the HELL is he doing here?

Get back to work! Go and type up more FMP, you slacker!
I guess you didnt notice when Esper Boy summoned fireballs by saying Fumffou, and Second Raid, in the episode of the bug.

My guess they are having too much fun being creative with this series.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Old 2006-06-15, 00:56   Link #212
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I don't think Mikuru made the outfit. Kyon mentioned that Mikuru's class must have someone good at clothing design, but I don't think Miruru was credited for it... And could you imagine Mikuru sewing? She would hurt herself!
Episode 9. But yeah, re-reading the chapter, you're right, it was left as unknown after all.
Old 2006-06-15, 01:30   Link #213
Ardee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
So, did anybody find out what's Yuki's typing at the very end of the ep yet?
It doesn't seem to me to spell anything for an English keyboard layout. Hehe, I was just sitting with my laptop on my lap, replaying these few frames, pausing and unpausing to try and see it, and trying to visualize a keyboard's layout. Completely forgetting that I was holding my laptop and typing on its keyboard at the time

So maybe you can type absentmindedly.
Old 2006-06-15, 01:31   Link #214
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
Episode 9. But yeah, re-reading the chapter, you're right, it was left as unknown after all.
I believe that was crochet rather than sewing
Old 2006-06-15, 03:09   Link #215
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
So, did anybody find out what's Yuki's typing at the very end of the ep yet?
I can't make any particular word out, but in case someone can, here goes (from the QWERTY layout)

Her first tap was with her thumb on the right hand, and it would land somewhere in the vicinity of the N (could be central BNM line), but it could also be the Space button.

Second tap was in the vicinity of the T, on the topmost line, it could be a Y, which made me think shes typing her name (but in Eng!??). 3rd tap: She moved her hand further in, so it should be the second line, vicinity of K.

4th tap, I'm pretty sure was on the QWER line. 5th tap, on the TYUI line. Last tap before screen blacks out, DFG line.

Now, even assuming shes using the QWERTY layout (but she should be, considering the Windows XP interface, the commands in the cmd window are also in EL characters, and some actual shots of the keyboard) I can't make sense of what she would be typing! Maybe something in Romanji?

I've a feeling I just did something useless.

Anyhow, nice episode. I really love it when they do such aspects on Yuki, maybe its because it lets me make sense of this data creation; and how shes not so lifeless as I thought. Gives it a 9.
Old 2006-06-15, 03:10   Link #216
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yuki maybe not even be typing according to an English keyboard, maybe she's typing in Hiragana?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-15, 03:28   Link #217
Lost

oooo possible.. the closest snap of the board I can get is this

Old 2006-06-15, 03:31   Link #218
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, it's obviously a keyboard with Hiragana on. If anyone recognizes the layout, he could speculate about it. Maybe she's writing something interesting.
Old 2006-06-15, 03:45   Link #219
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And its damned hard to *find* a -kana keyboard here in the states.... classmate's wife has one but she brought it with her from Japan.
Old 2006-06-15, 04:27   Link #220
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Okay, well it seems like the Day of Sagittarius III game is definitely based on a Legend of Galactic Heroes game as others have mentioned, and after a bit of research I turned up this screenshot of 銀河英雄伝説 VI (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu 6). It seems like it's actually not massively old, it came out around 2000 or so. I haven't a clue how one would go about getting hold of it though, Amazon Japan won't ship games out of the country, and hardly anybody else seems to do Japanese PC games.