AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-03-16, 13:49   Link #121
Julius Firefocht

Clannad anime announced when I had not yet gotten over the awesomeness that is Kanon?

*bows to KyoAni and Haruhi-sama and grovels to them*

We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 15:09   Link #122
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
So Haruhi will be delayed? God damn KyoAni.
If i am not mistaken, nothing official was ever mentioned about Haruhi 2 in the first place... outside of fan's drooling fantasies that is
Old 2007-03-16, 15:12   Link #123
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

I'll get this out of the way now,
1. Prepare of all out avatar request hell, when this airs, pelli if you're reading this ill probabaly break the record again, run while you can.
2. I declare myself a kyou/ryou/tomoyo fan, *Sets up shrines early*.
Now we wait, it's going to be a long wait .
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 15:17   Link #124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its quite impressive how many assumptions are being made about when the show will air and how it will delay SHnY or whatever ... all lack veracity.

1) KyoAni has announced they will make Clannad... no date was mentioned.
2) KyoAni is releasing Lucky*Star for the next season (starting April).
3) Nothing has been said about the summer season or any later season.
4) There has been no official announcement of a second season for Haruhi (though the buzz is exceptionally hot).

Plenty of room in those facts for a Fall/Winter/Spring (pick one) of Clannad and for a hypothesized SHnY2...

Personally, I blame credibility damaged sites like ANN and others for republishing blog hints and offhand comments as if they were facts instead of properly bagging them as UNCONFIRMED. ANN was saying Fall release for Clannad the other day as if it were fact when there are no cites for that at all.

I mean, I heard from someone who is *friends* with the wife of Ken A. (as in they have each other over and eat dinner) that the "special announcement" about Negima in April would be a Live Action Show. Very interesting and worth discussion ---- but it still has very little credibility since Ken's wife could be just as much in the buzz-gen loop. My acquaintence is simply reporting what she was told by an unofficial source, eh? Wakarimashita ka?
Old 2007-03-16, 15:21   Link #125
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
.[*]So... after a weird dog and an unnaturally tame cat, they decided to go with a fuzzy-wuzzy boar? O-kay.

From the few things I have seen in both the manga and the promo, this has to be the one thing I have not liked so far. I always hated P-Chan in Ranma 1/2, and this little fellow here certainly reminds me of him.
Old 2007-03-16, 15:50   Link #126
FireChick

Actually, according to Wikipedia, Button is a baby warthog.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 16:35   Link #127
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Personally, I blame credibility damaged sites like ANN and others for republishing blog hints and offhand comments as if they were facts instead of properly bagging them as UNCONFIRMED. ANN was saying Fall release for Clannad the other day as if it were fact when there are no cites for that at all.

I mean, I heard from someone who is *friends* with the wife of Ken A. (as in they have each other over and eat dinner) that the "special announcement" about Negima in April would be a Live Action Show. Very interesting and worth discussion ---- but it still has very little credibility since Ken's wife could be just as much in the buzz-gen loop. My acquaintence is simply reporting what she was told by an unofficial source, eh? Wakarimashita ka?
Err, about the Live Action show, MOON PHASE has reported that Akamatsu Ken's blog had an entry mentioning this, but was later removed. Besides, cyan-san rarely posts underclaimed speculations.

And about ANN: Their japanese news are usually dug up by their helpers, ANN Encyclopedia staff, people that don't get paid. After a lengthy discussion with one of the encyclopedists, he admitted that ANN senior editors, people who get paid to write on their site, don't know the japanese language at all. Even though they've been into this profession for years! God forbid they'd use tools to help them translate foreign news entries (they're pretty useful, actually; ATLAS, Infoseek's web translation). Even though ANN made a pile of "Errata" in the past week, they usually wait for confirmation, unlike AnimeNewsService i.e.

Anyway, if one wants to start a separate discussion in another topic about news sources, I'll gladly post the discussion I had with the encyclopedist, because I think we're getting pretty off-topic with this thread. But hey, I remember AIR's thread getting into similar off-topics back in the day.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 16:35   Link #128
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Lol this will be a long post.

Quote:
Not really liking the vibes being emitted by the main heroine, but don't worry. This is normal. I seldom adore the main heroine in most anime that I have watched.
If you're basing that simply on the trailers, then I wouldn't worry too much, since it doesn't really represent anything significant.

Quote:
[*]Despite having no real knowledge of the girls' traits, I have decided to shamelessly cast my vote for this one. A girl that has the blessing of KyoAni's "trademark" Lambda Driver special effects? Sounds good to me.
Yeah, the graphical upgrade is impressive. The game's graphics looked "primitive" compared to that:

Quote:
[*]On the flip side, the following girl invokes feelings of horror and trepidation. Is she brain-dead? Mentally-impaired? Am I suppose to laugh at this scene? If so, it is not working.
When the anime starts and we reach this part of the story, remind me to post a link back to your post here so the swarm of new Fuuko Master wannabes that would have amassed by then will put you on a stake and burn you alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
- Kyou = win. Too bad she's going to get sidetracked in the anime... game's a different story though. I don't recall the dictionaries being called "murder dictionaries" (as Sushi-Y calls them), as I am translating her route in the game at the moment. Though, calling them that might not be too far from the truth.
Her story is, in my opinion, one of the weaker ones due to it being rather typical. Combined with the fact that the one big final twist in her route is heavily based on romance elements, I fear she might get the short end of the stick in the anime.

And those dictionaries are really more like 1500-page sniper rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Spoiler for game:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Somehow, my favorite scene from the promotional video is Sanae's sobbing scene, reminds me a lot of what Misuzu will look like when she grow up.
Sanae-san's boke level is abnormal (just look at the triple antenna and you can tell ). But she's also probably the greatest mother out of all Key games, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
It's very difficult to defend Fuuko without spoiling her story. Let's just say that I cried a lot at the end of Fuuko's story. Hopefully, you will be the same when her story is finished.....
I remember it being a totally unexpected hit for me too. There were no misty eyes or anything, it just came out of nowhere and I went straight to tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I would prefer to see just one girl's path (in this case, Nagisa) explored in full, while the other girls play a side role and perhaps get an episode or two - in a way, they can be "truer" to the source material by adapting a particular story in the novel.
Actually, in CLANNAD's case, that will most likely be the format since that's pretty much what it was like in the game. Everyone will get their own scenarios (although many are intertwined, which is actually good news for an anime adaptation), just like a typical bishojo game. But only Nagisa had an After Story (which is where the heart of the game actually lies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Who said anything about delayed? Nothing has been mentioned on CLANNAD'S air date (though i'm hoping Spring 2008 --- if you get what i mean).
According to the CLANNAD TV article on eg, a game news site, the airing date is listed as 2007.

The speculation continues. Maybe we'll find out when the official site updates in 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
I'll get this out of the way now,
1. Prepare of all out avatar request hell, when this airs, pelli if you're reading this ill probabaly break the record again, run while you can.
2. I declare myself a kyou/ryou/tomoyo fan, *Sets up shrines early*.
Now we wait, it's going to be a long wait .
There's going to be a Fuuko Master club or something too.
Maybe we'll use this as an emblem:

Finally, according to Animate TV online shop, there's going to be a special campaign held in celebration of the announcement of CLANNAD TV anime: in addition to the angel keychain that you can get for buying every Kanon DVD volumes by sending in the application postcards included in each volume, you will also receive a DVD of "CLANNAD Invitation", which will include the no-credit version of CLANNAD's TV OP and ED, plus promotion clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Err, about the Live Action show, MOON PHASE has reported that Akamatsu Ken's blog had an entry mentioning this, but was later removed. Besides, cyan-san rarely posts underclaimed speculations.
Not that I care what they do to the Negima franchise now, but
real-life Negi = 萌えない罠

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-03-16 at 17:09. Reason: how does include get typo'ed into conclude anyway? ^^;
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 16:55   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Finally, according to Animate TV online shop, there's going to be a special campaign held in celebration of the announcement of CLANNAD TV anime: in addition to the angel keychain that you can get for buying every Kanon DVD volumes by sending in the application postcards included in each volume, you will also receive a DVD of "CLANNAD Invitation", which will conclude the no-credit version of CLANNAD's TV OP and ED, plus promotion clips.
Now that's a good deal. Incidentally, the timing of the arrival of the last Kanon DVD (early August), and the time when people would receive the send-in offer items (late-August/early-September), would definitely support the rumoured Fall 2007 (October) start (which ties nicely to the mid-September movie). Obviously that's just speculation, but it all seems to be lining up nicely. If I were a betting person, that's where I'd place my chips.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:06   Link #130
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
When the anime starts and we reach this part of the story, remind me to post a link back to your post here so the swarm of new Fuuko Master wannabes that would have amassed by then will put you on a stake and burn you alive.
Let me help with that .

Quote:
There's going to be a Fuuko Master club or something too.
Maybe we'll use this as an emblem:
Don't get me wrong I'm a Fuuko fan too and I will probably join that club , but I was just stating my top 3.(Ill leave the Fuuko shrine up to you.)
Spoiler for thoughts that will uncover my dark past, and ruin the story:
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:45   Link #131
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Well, many people in this thread were certain that Clannad would come before SHNY, so I thought that was the case. And about Haruhi, if I'm not mistaken, I think there was a 'message' in the official site that came from the Disappearance book? I don't think that counts as an "official announcement", but still...
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:55   Link #132
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Don't expect a second season of Haruhi until there are an official announcement.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 18:16   Link #133
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Even though we have seen some official clip, but the eyes in this promo art seem kinda huge compared to even those of AIR and Kanon.

●TVアニメ「Kanon」DVD全巻購入応募特典として、
TVアニメ「CLANNAD」スペシャルDVD「CLANNAD Invitation」を追 加! 
【全巻購入応募特典】『天使のキーホルダー ミニチュア・サイズ』に加え、
同応募ハガキにて『スペシャルDVD「CLANNAD Invitation』ももれなくプレ ゼント決定!
<収録予定内容>
TVアニメ「CLANNAD」ノンクレジットOP&ED・プロモーションクリップ

Base on this info, if KyoAni wants to keep the mood, CLANNAD will only see release in Spring'08. But then we got AIR in Spring....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 18:36   Link #134
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Requesting help from Clannad fans !!

Some friends and I have been helping out the animesuki staff in the addition of more predefined avatars for the members to choose from in their CP section.

This has been going along for a while now, and back then, I wasn't familiar with the Clannad characters at all. After reading the manga, I am 99% certain that at least some of these avis are from this show.

So, can someone help me ID the characters in these avatars?

Because they are in chibi-mode, I feel like asking just to be 100% sure about their names.

Hope someone can help me out with this.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-03-16 at 22:26.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 18:47   Link #135
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
if KyoAni wants to keep the mood, CLANNAD will only see release in Spring'08. But then we got AIR in Spring....
Yeah, i've mentioned in the past how i wish AIR was aired in the summer, but then again its perfect rewatch at that time of year.

Still, i have high hopes that Spring '08 shall see CLANNAD.
Old 2007-03-16, 19:05   Link #136
DanielSong39

I'd love to see a CLANNAD vs. D.C. II duel starting in Spring '08.

It's one of the battles that will likely have no losers... excited at the possibility of having two top-notch dating sim conversions going on at once.

Until then - perhaps School Days might fill the void? The only concern is that this is being done by the Shuffle! team - which mangled the character designs and the plotlines in their previous adaptation. But hopefully they'll show a lot of improvement this time around.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 19:09   Link #137
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

I haven't gotten around to play Clannad myself yet but I belive I can name some of those avatars.

Spoiler for Names:

Last edited by Orrin; 2007-03-16 at 20:01. Reason: Added a spoiler tag
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 19:37   Link #138
Deiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
I haven't gotten around to play Clannad myself yet but I belive I can name some of those avatars.

Spoiler for Names:
Spoiler for names:

Last edited by Deiran; 2007-03-17 at 09:32.
Deiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 19:52   Link #139
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
there was someone on these boards for the longest time that had a Clannad sig. that basically was begging for it to become an anime. I thought I'd see that person going crazy on this thread but looks like he isn't he anymore.
Old 2007-03-16, 19:55   Link #140
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
looks like he isn't he anymore.
Now that... is a scary thought 0_o

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen