AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-06-19, 04:29   Link #301
Thany
Unfair

I'm not even gonna bother replying to your flamebait and go back on topic:
Spoiler for chapter 19:

SaHa has almost cought up with the raw now I think
Old 2007-06-19, 06:17   Link #302
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for ch 19:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 07:22   Link #303
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Think of it this way, there are currently 2 forumers who like my interpretation of "ecchi" aganist 1 who think it's too vaugue.

I win on democractic grounds.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 07:27   Link #304
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Think of it this way, there are currently 2 forumers who like my interpretation of "ecchi" aganist 1 who think it's too vaugue.

I win on democractic grounds.
Well given why you say you use it I believe it's not a bad idea either to look at it though I usually prefer to see stuffs said very abrutaly
Either way the whole choice of words is up to you, after that, wether the person likes it or not doesn't really matter, especially since most peoples who download the mangas don't really care about that anyway.
Old 2007-06-19, 07:36   Link #305
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
especially since most peoples who download the mangas don't really care about that anyway.
Then, they are just part of the flickered minded public who reads and forgets.

The more hardcore core ones will choose to debate over the choice of words.
Old 2007-06-19, 08:20   Link #306
Hayami
lonely soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
In this digital age, the softcopies are for reading while the hardcopies are for collecting. You will not want to read the material over teabreak and accidentally spilled your drink on the book you have bought with your hardearn cash, right ?
But even if you don't like collecting books (hardcopies) that you rarely (if ever) read, you still can be a fan, right?
I've such a chaos at home (and the flat/apartment is so small) that there's even no good place to put new figures.

I would prefer to buy something that is
- more compact
- cheaper to manufacture yet sold for the same price --> more money for the artist
- something that I could wear, for example a badge

I'd love to have a KnJ badge ^_^
- show everyone that you're fan
- promote the manga/anime
- support the artist
Old 2007-06-19, 08:32   Link #307
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayami View Post
But even if you don't like collecting books (hardcopies) that you rarely (if ever) read, you still can be a fan, right?
I've such a chaos at home (and the flat/apartment is so small) that there's even no good place to put new figures.
That's up to you actually. For my case, I just feel like supporting Watashiya directly when I bought the Japanese publication. The Taiwan chinese translation was to check out how they would proceed with the material.

By the time I bought the Trading Fig....I figure that what the hell, I might as well buy everything KnJ had to offer since there are so few to collect.
Old 2007-06-19, 09:11   Link #308
Hayami
lonely soul

Sure, but do you think my idea is bad?

As of now if you have no place to store new manga & figures the options are:

- throw away ---> I'd feel bad doing it

- give away or sell ---> It's a hassle to find someone who wants it, to ship, etc. and they might end up not buying other products or even this product (if there's re-print available or if you give away a new manga/figure)

- don't buy the new ones ---> but I want to support the creator!

Even if you have enough room in your flat, you'd face the same problem if you go to another country and can't afford to bring with you all this stuff. Even if you stay in the same country but move to another city etc. it's a hassle to carry all the books.
Old 2007-06-19, 09:35   Link #309
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I have a wardorbe to throw my junks in instead for storing clothes. I intend to rent a room somewhere once I get all my space filled up.
Old 2007-06-21, 09:06   Link #310
Lordshade

I gave up on defending SSE after they tried to make excuses based on some images out of context on various boards. I mean, where did Adam get the idea of Rin drinking from a condom? One scene where she was playing with an ice pack and PRETENDING it was a condom, and she was drinking from it, so she could freak Aoki out again? You would notice it wasn't real if you had just SEEN, (not necessarily READ) the two previous pages, where they showed the ice pack..

Lame excuses, they no longer have my support, I wanted to give them the benefit of a doubt, but, instead of admitting that it was a business issue, they have to spread MORE misinformation about the series...

BTW: Vexx, where you the "crankydragon" on the SSE boards?
Lordshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 12:41   Link #311
GammaRed

Well, now that I have had a chance to read some of wots going on in english, I can still say I suport KNJ 100%! It is nither vulger, nor is it over the line.

I particuarlly enjoyed chapter 21, where Rin discovers that there is more than 1 way to win someone's heart.

I also got a kick out of page 7 & 8. But I dont think that Aiko has the right idea about wots going on in Rin's home life. Renji may see much of Aki in Rin, but he knows that she isnt.

I am looking forward to seeing how things devlop between Renji and Aiko now that both sides have suspisions about wots going on. Not that either of them is right *smirks*
GammaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 15:02   Link #312
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordshade View Post
I gave up on defending SSE after they tried to make excuses based on some images out of context on various boards. I mean, where did Adam get the idea of Rin drinking from a condom? One scene where she was playing with an ice pack and PRETENDING it was a condom, and she was drinking from it, so she could freak Aoki out again? You would notice it wasn't real if you had just SEEN, (not necessarily READ) the two previous pages, where they showed the ice pack..

Lame excuses, they no longer have my support, I wanted to give them the benefit of a doubt, but, instead of admitting that it was a business issue, they have to spread MORE misinformation about the series...

BTW: Vexx, where you the "crankydragon" on the SSE boards?
Aye, actually I was but I've asked them to close my account there --- and a big welcome to you with your big box of clues That's the trouble with corporate fan forums, they're basically just supposed to be worship-boxes rather than actual feedback zones.

Yeah, like my literary professor used to say -- please bring your critical reading skill toolbox to the stories you read. They didn't seem to have those tools and their CEO lost my confidence when he made his various easily punctured assertions. Adam shot himself in the ass with that "condom" remark - makes me think he may be able to read some japanese without having any clue about the culture/products/dailylife.

Anyway, they are out of the picture and we have a few groups doing scanlations. It may be that this is no loss at all for Watashiya and her publisher --- because her publisher may have sold the license to SSE as a fixed fee (maybe with a micro-bump for #-copies-sold). In that case, selling zero or millions of copies amounts to mostly the same thing and SSE just ate the license cost.

Again, if people like the scanlations and want to support the author - the books are freely available on amazon.co.jp and other dealers... and I found the entire set at my local Kinokuniya bookstore.

And welcome again, we need all the literate posters we can get

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-06-21 at 15:18.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 15:35   Link #313
Lordshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, actually I was but I've asked them to close my account there --- and a big welcome to you with your big box of clues That's the trouble with corporate fan forums, they're basically just supposed to be worship-boxes rather than actual feedback zones.

Yeah, like my literary professor used to say -- please bring your critical reading skill toolbox to the stories you read. They didn't seem to have those tools and their CEO lost my confidence when he made his various easily punctured assertions. Adam shot himself in the ass with that "condom" remark - makes me think he may be able to read some japanese without having any clue about the culture/products/dailylife.

Anyway, they are out of the picture and we have a few groups doing scanlations. It may be that this is no loss at all for Watashiya and her publisher --- because her publisher may have sold the license to SSE as a fixed fee (maybe with a micro-bump for #-copies-sold). In that case, selling zero or millions of copies amounts to mostly the same thing and SSE just ate the license cost.

Again, if people like the scanlations and want to support the author - the books are freely available on amazon.co.jp and other dealers... and I found the entire set at my local Kinokuniya bookstore.

And welcome again, we need all the literate posters we can get
Well, I bought the first two from my Kinokunya, but couldn't find the third there. I'll get it from Amazon.co.jp...

Anyway, as for SSE, what REALLY finally put me off was THIS post on the AnimeonDVD forums:

"No, your honor, I was just aroused by her, I'm not really attracted to children..."

That was ADAM ARNOLD who posted that...
Way to imply that there was something more sinister in those pages. Seriously, this is the same guy that edited the first volume of "Nymphet" before it got canned, so he SHOULD know that Aoki is NOT attracted to Rin in that way.

THAT pretty much proves that they are trying to defend themselves by spreading MORE misinformation. I wouldn't have cared if they had JUST canceled it, but they had to make up stuff to defend themselves, and that is just going to make more people angry...

IOW, They REALLY need to work on there damage control...

Anyway, I'm done with them.

When is the next NLB scan out, anyway? My Japanese isn't really that good...

Last edited by Lordshade; 2007-06-21 at 15:47.
Old 2007-06-21, 16:09   Link #314
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its a poster-child example that translation skills don't necessarily include context or cultural analysis skills (or a basic understanding of psychology or physiology ).

Anyway, the scans are out when they're out --- (like any fansub or scanlation). The group that most posts here seems to be taking extra time as necessary to "make it good" .... and this is one series where I think getting it contextually as close as possible is very important. It's the best way to blow holes in the cloud of misinformation.
Old 2007-06-21, 17:19   Link #315
bleakessence

*off-topic*
GOD, I hate my ISP. Applying for rebates... <_<*

*on-topic*
A few pages back, someone mentioned that we ought to lessen the translation-discussions, since it more often than not steers the discussion away from this thread's true purpose: expressing opinions about KnJ's story (and other related stuff).

So I guess I'm laying off comparing translations between SaHa and NLB here. Maybe NLB or SaHa would care to post a site where we can discuss translation notes without worry?

Anyways, I also agree that KnJ isn't as taboo as the flamers have portrayed it to be, but there ARE some slightly questionable parts to the manga. Although not enough to warrant a book burning or something (lol), chap13 and chap 17 made me begin to see SSE's PoV regarding KnJ. Both chapters have gags on the first page that are, to be frank, pretty inappropriate for some (if not most) people... no matter the context of the situation. Sure, we who are not so prudish can look at it and dismiss it as harmless jokes... but I can see why the conservative types have some objections to it. As I said, though... it's not enough to warrant a cancellation of the series. Perhaps a warning or a more mature rating would have better been in order rather than straight-out cancellation (if the reasons behind it were as SSE's head explained before)

Last edited by bleakessence; 2007-06-21 at 17:21. Reason: typos and fixed grammar
bleakessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 17:33   Link #316
Lordshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Anyway, the scans are out when they're out --- (like any fansub or scanlation). The group that most posts here seems to be taking extra time as necessary to "make it good" .... and this is one series where I think getting it contextually as close as possible is very important. It's the best way to blow holes in the cloud of misinformation.
That question was directed at Makubex2. The person doing the NLB version. I wanted to have an ETA on it..
Old 2007-06-21, 17:36   Link #317
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordshade View Post
That question was directed at Makubex2. The person doing the NLB version. I wanted to have an ETA on it..
That kind of question could get you a seat on the express train to bannz0rd land.

The answer to that question is always, invariably: when it's done.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 17:43   Link #318
Lordshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakessence View Post
*off-topic*
GOD, I hate my ISP. Applying for rebates... <_<*

*on-topic*
A few pages back, someone mentioned that we ought to lessen the translation-discussions, since it more often than not steers the discussion away from this thread's true purpose: expressing opinions about KnJ's story (and other related stuff).

So I guess I'm laying off comparing translations between SaHa and NLB here. Maybe NLB or SaHa would care to post a site where we can discuss translation notes without worry?

Anyways, I also agree that KnJ isn't as taboo as the flamers have portrayed it to be, but there ARE some slightly questionable parts to the manga. Although not enough to warrant a book burning or something (lol), chap13 and chap 17 made me begin to see SSE's PoV regarding KnJ. Both chapters have gags on the first page that are, to be frank, pretty inappropriate for some (if not most) people... no matter the context of the situation. Sure, we who are not so prudish can look at it and dismiss it as harmless jokes... but I can see why the conservative types have some objections to it. As I said, though... it's not enough to warrant a cancellation of the series. Perhaps a warning or a more mature rating would have better been in order rather than straight-out cancellation (if the reasons behind it were as SSE's head explained before)
Of course, THOSE might have caused some problems, but the main issue here is that they DIDN'T mention those things, they just pulled some random pages out of context.

While I think those pages are harmless teases, which kinda fit's Rin's nature, they might turn some heads...

SSE DID NOT mention them, however, so i don't think those would have had anything to do with it..

FatPianoBoy: Sorry, I was just curious.... Didn't mean to sound impatient. I was mainly wondering if the project was still alive is all. I don't really care how long it takes...

Last edited by Lordshade; 2007-06-21 at 18:13.
Old 2007-06-21, 18:02   Link #319
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
owh i just love how the story unfolds in such a "my pace" kinda way

~ and isnt rin's mum just dam cute? ^.^
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 18:21   Link #320
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

SE Of Vol.4 Out for Preorder on Amazon JP

As said, I've preordered 2 copies

And tis strange that Amazon did not put SE of Vol.4 up with their KnJ lineups...maybe they are afraid that they can't fulfil their SE Vol.4 preorders ?

PS :- Our ETA is that we tend to releases our version at a pace of a chapter a week, maybe 2 if we aren't tied up in real life.

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen