AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 41 18.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 13.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 10.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 10.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 29 13.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 5.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 12.11%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-25, 20:20   Link #281
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Even if my japanese and motivation were enough...
What do you think we have the Witch Hunt around for? >_>;
Old 2009-12-25, 20:54   Link #282
June 1983

Dude, you don't really think the hoards of VN players on this board all speak Japanese, do you?

http://witch-hunt.com/
Old 2009-12-26, 01:04   Link #283
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
As an anime viewer I'm confused as hell XD. I was the same with Higurashi until Kai came out then I was like... okay that makes sense.

But if they do make the 2nd season that they use a better director and heading staff, which I believe is where things went wrong. Perhaps if they review complaint of viewers they will try to do more of what people want.

When do we get the fav char poll and the overall impression? I love reading those ^-^
Old 2009-12-26, 04:02   Link #284
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Though disappointed with the many inconsistencies and errors with the series from a vn standpoint i still enjoyed the anime as fairly entertaining.
Old 2009-12-26, 07:53   Link #285
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I think Beato's seiyuu read the VN and agreed DEEN made a shit job, that's why even her voice acting (which I completely adore, by the way) was really bad in this Ep, to get revenge of the anime team.

I shall write a very long review of the whole episodes on a general anime topic, but for now I'll refraing from ranting.

Just a question;
Is red truth expensive as in budget? Seriously, wtf DEEN? One of the aspects that make Umineko unique is the Red Truth. Without it, it's just "something". There were so many errors that DEEN made, for example not making red truths as red, and they even contradicted themselves. "Oh last episodez I said in red lulz" But it wasn't actually red, wtf DEEN? The anime viewers are definitely confused and they have a very different understanding of Beato compared to VN viewers, because of lack of Red Truth...

I gave this ep a high 5 (lol), just because of the respect that I have to VN...

Edit: I'm sure this is posted, but this is how it should've been.
Old 2009-12-26, 09:16   Link #286
Aetheus

Oh, I dunno if it really was THAT painful. I never read the VN, so like when I watched Higurashi, I had no prior expectation of what the anime would be like. I'll admit, for a "mystery" anime, this fails miserably (although I'm not sure if I would have graded the VN much better, since both of them feature a boatload of scenes where lolis murder people for the lulz), but if you're just watching this anime for the kicks, then it wasn't bad overall. I honestly enjoyed the last few plot twists (Battler's "sin", his real relation to his family, etc). I'm looking forward to the next season, if only to find out what Battler's "sin" is, and what the answer to Beato's "final riddle" is supposed to be.
Old 2009-12-26, 10:56   Link #287
maximilianjenus
[E]

The problem here is that they ruined the metaworld scenes which are the ones that make the mistery more enjoyable, those are pretty much batler stating theories to solve the murders and beatrice refuting them with red truth. They had a really great idea back on Episode 1 when they started animating the theories if they kept that it would have been better than the vn... but they did not.
Old 2009-12-26, 14:08   Link #288
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

How many episodes of this series do we have left?
Old 2009-12-26, 14:10   Link #289
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post

Episode 26 was the last one.

Old 2009-12-26, 14:15   Link #290
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
The anime's done (for now), but there's 2-4 more Visual Novels to go for the story.
Old 2009-12-26, 22:31   Link #291
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post

Just a question;
Is red truth expensive as in budget? Seriously, wtf DEEN? One of the aspects that make Umineko unique is the Red Truth. Without it, it's just "something". There were so many errors that DEEN made, for example not making red truths as red, and they even contradicted themselves. "Oh last episodez I said in red lulz" But it wasn't actually red, wtf DEEN? The anime viewers are definitely confused and they have a very different understanding of Beato compared to VN viewers, because of lack of Red Truth...
I never knew animating red text could be so hard. I also can't believe there's so much red text missing from watching that fanmade video. And yea, I can see how important the red text is-- without it, all we have is meaningless speculation. What's the point if you can't trust anything? I might as well conclude this was a dream that Rika and Hanyuu had after too many bottles of wine.

You need some kind of basis to start out with. A fellow viewer that's been following the anime with me simply gave up, because there's no way to arrive at any thought that can make sense. I'm an anime-only viewer, but I pretty much feel that there is no way to solve the mystery from just the anime. Nowhere near close. I've gone all around and nowhere. That's pretty much the show in a nutshell.

For the most part I've been enjoying the show for its other factors, but yea that didn't go well in this episode here either. :/

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-12-26, 22:37   Link #292
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Since Kinzo's been dead since the beginning, who's been playing chess with Nanjo?? Suspicious...
Old 2009-12-26, 23:13   Link #293
bereal31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
Since Kinzo's been dead since the beginning, who's been playing chess with Nanjo?? Suspicious...
Good point. Was that an anime mistake?
Old 2009-12-26, 23:16   Link #294
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Good point. Was that an anime mistake?
Of course not. There are even mroe such scenes in the VN. Kanon makes reports to Kinzo etc. But ever more interesint. In Ep 2 both Shannon and Genji claim to have been with their master during the second twilight...and Rosa confirms that. How can that one be?
Old 2009-12-26, 23:32   Link #295
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

My theory is starting to kinda make sense now ^^ *happy*
Old 2009-12-27, 00:34   Link #296
Kheve

Jes finished watching the anime. If kinzo is dead, does this mean that there are different culprits for different episodes? Natsushi must be the culprit for ep1 since she was heard talking to kinzo hence it means she was acting in front of eva. Which ofc explains how kinzo disappear from the room after eva put the paper there. Then Rosa shannon and genji are in it together for episode 2 since they claimed to be with kinzo?!??! I mean higurashi have the same culprits for all the episodes but if its diff culprits for diff episode in umineko then it sux -_-
Old 2009-12-27, 00:35   Link #297
Crontica

This episode was horrible. the only things i acknowledge is Angie's final stand, Battlers recovery, The text battle, Beato's ghost state, and most importantly. The Grand Witches Proclamation.

That in itself was pretty much saying that they will leave the pieces to their doom. While a miracle "may" have happened and the game was finally stopped by an outside force... there are still an endless array of kakeras out there. They are pretty confident that they chose the most difficult to interfere kakera there is.
Old 2009-12-27, 00:46   Link #298
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheve View Post
Jes finished watching the anime. If kinzo is dead, does this mean that there are different culprits for different episodes? Natsushi must be the culprit for ep1 since she was heard talking to kinzo hence it means she was acting in front of eva. Which ofc explains how kinzo disappear from the room after eva put the paper there. Then Rosa shannon and genji are in it together for episode 2 since they claimed to be with kinzo?!??! I mean higurashi have the same culprits for all the episodes but if its diff culprits for diff episode in umineko then it sux -_-
How can Natsuhi be the culprit for EP1 when she was with Battler almost constantly? She's automatically ruled out for every twilight after the 4th. And of course, someone we thought was dead had to have been alive to shoot her at the 9th twilight.

More generally, just because someone knew Kinzo was dead, does that necessarily mean they are the culprit? That would make an awful lot of people accomplices in Episode 1.
Old 2009-12-27, 00:48   Link #299
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

I wouldn't conclude on who the culprit(s) is/are or that the culprits are different each time yet if I were you. Since you're compairing Umineko to Higurashi, remember that only the central culprit of Higurashi is the same every time, the other killer and their circumstances change regularly (from what we've seen). I'm guessing that it may be similar for Umineko, there's the central culprit 'Beatrice', then a random (?) killer, and probably an accomplice or someone who interferes like in Higurashi when:
Spoiler for Higurashi:

I have a (incomplete) theory on who the culprit/killer etc. could be if anyone wants to read...
Old 2009-12-27, 00:58   Link #300
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
I have a (incomplete) theory on who the culprit/killer etc. could be if anyone wants to read...
Sure, let's hear it. It can't be much more ridiculous than small bombs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheve View Post
I've been working off of the theory that there's different murderers in each arc since fairly early on. But there _might_ be just one planner behind everything--the one who sent the money to Ange and Kumasawa and Nanjo's sons so it would arrive after the murders.

Anyway, now I need to go back and figure out who was lying in each arc, if Kinzo was already dead. At a minimum, Dr. Nanjo, Krauss, Natsuhi, Genji, Kanon, and Shannon. Possibly Kumasawa and Jessica, maybe not Gohda. Probably not any of the people who didn't live on Rokkenjima.

Did anyone else claim to talk to Kinzo? Battler saw him near the end of the second game, but both of them got eaten alive by goatmen shortly afterwards, so I think we can discount that part. Also, _everyone_ at dinner in the 4th game, but Battler had an explanation for that, even if it was a bogus one.
Closed Thread