AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 18 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 26.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 12.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 24.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-08, 18:21   Link #81
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not like they're beating up helpless girls, those are villains of the story.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be an issues if the villains were male? No, not even that, it wouldn't be an issue if the ones were girls beating up girls right?
True but I'm just saying that a lot of the villians are women.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 18:24   Link #82
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And? They were villains, he beat them, end of story. It had nothing to do with gender. You know, if Touma refused to hit women or no women were villains, I'm sure we would hear how the series is against women...

In any case, fear not. The next two antagonists are men.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 18:25   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Fair enough, but if anything this shows supports women having a more... Prominent role... Heh...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:04   Link #84
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
lets see

season 1. antagonists.

1.stiyl and kanzaki.
2.izzard
3.accelerator
4.angel(no gender)
5.urabara.
6. aoi in accels story.
7. sherry

score

guys-5 girls-2

season 2-

1.oma
2.agnese. ill count her only since she was only one punched.
3.awaki.
4.lidvia and oriana.

guys-6
girls-6

pretty even surprisingly
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:49   Link #85
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Index in John's Pen mode has to be one of the most powerful magicians in the series. Her Dragon's Breath had so much magical power that Touma's hand was bleeding because it couldn't negate it fast enough, and when she tilted back it went into outer space and destroyed the most powerful supercomputer in the world (Tree Diagram) like it was nothing. I'd say her power in that state exceeds even the Pope's.
So, does that mean that Oriana thought to have the strongest magician of all time in front of her when she saw the cross on Himegami's neck?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:53   Link #86
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
So, does that mean that Oriana thought to have the strongest magician of all time in front of her when she saw the cross on Himegami's neck?
no but she knows thats strong enough. There are probably many stronger magicians than index.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:06   Link #87
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
No, just that she has an above average 'armor' to say the least.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:14   Link #88
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Overall, a good ending to a rather so-so arc. I give this episode a 9, and the arc overall a 7.5.
Nice fight, although Styl was more comedic relief than anything else, with him tripping like that
Oriana finally gets falcon punched, first by Styl and Touma together, then Styl joins the group of people lying in a pool of their blood (I can see a trend there), and Oriana is falcon-punched once more by Touma, and she's out

She came off far too lightly there. That crazed woman tried to throw all of Academy into damnation (even if she was deluded into thinking she was doing something good), and she's only a little punched and doesn't even have any injuries?

Anyway, with Oriana out cold, Lidvia is revealed to be too far away to still be reached and feels safe enough to reveal her (and the Roman Catholic church's) true sinsister plans, which are just as I predicted: they'll only help anyone if they can profit from it, and they want to create a second Dark Age by supressing science once again and forcing people to abandoning it and convert to be Catholics. Only those who can be forced to convert will be embraced, the others who don't want to give up science and resist the forced conversion would be persecuted by a second Inquisition

In the hospital, we get some funny antics with Index mad at Touma not telling her anything and starting one of her famous biting attacks
Mikoto then appears and is also mad at Touma for dilly-dallying around with Index

Lidvia tries to get away in her private plane, but Linda, the Arcbishop of the Church of England, has other plans for her. She blasts away the plane's door with a magic card and makes frantically grinning Lidvia leave the plane a little prematurely in 8000m height
Linda then talks to Lidvia more though the card, to rile her up some more. Lidvia tries to save herself and the cross with magic, and there was actually a small chance of her doing it, but then there comes the pilot, falling on top of her... that was definitely too much for her. Lidvia's fall ends with a nice, satisfying "splat", telling us that there's now one less religious fanatic we have to worry about
The cross was probably destroyed as well, as it didn't have any special durability and thus couldn't have survived the fall intact.

At the end, we get some foreshadowing of Aleister's blast rod. We'll probably see more of it later.

Old 2011-01-08, 21:22   Link #89
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Overall, a good ending to a rather so-so arc. I give this episode a 9, and the arc overall a 7.5.
Nice fight, although Styl was more comedic relief than anything else, with him tripping like that
Oriana finally gets falcon punched, first by Styl and Touma together, then Styl joins the group of people lying in a pool of their blood (I can see a trend there), and Oriana is falcon-punched once more by Touma, and she's out

She came off far too lightly there. That crazed woman tried to throw all of Academy into damnation (even if she was deluded into thinking she was doing something good), and she's only a little punched and doesn't even have any injuries?

Anyway, with Oriana out cold, Lidvia is revealed to be too far away to still be reached and feels safe enough to reveal her (and the Roman Catholic church's) true sinsister plans, which are just as I predicted: they'll only help anyone if they can profit from it, and they want to create a second Dark Age by supressing science once again and forcing people to abandoning it and convert to be Catholics. Only those who can be forced to convert will be embraced, the others who don't want to give up science and resist the forced conversion would be persecuted by a second Inquisition

In the hospital, we get some funny antics with Index mad at Touma not telling her anything and starting one of her famous biting attacks
Mikoto then appears and is also mad at Touma for dilly-dallying around with Index

Lidvia tries to get away in her private plane, but Linda, the Arcbishop of the Church of England, has other plans for her. She blasts away the plane's door with a magic card and makes frantically grinning Lidvia leave the plane a little prematurely in 8000m height
Linda then talks to Lidvia more though the card, to rile her up some more. Lidvia tries to save herself and the cross with magic, and there was actually a small chance of her doing it, but then there comes the pilot, falling on top of her... that was definitely too much for her. Lidvia's fall ends with a nice, satisfying "splat", telling us that there's now one less religious fanatic we have to worry about
The cross was probably destroyed as well, as it didn't have any special durability and thus couldn't have survived the fall intact.

At the end, we get some foreshadowing of Aleister's blast rod. We'll probably see more of it later.

howd u know of the blast rod?
Old 2011-01-08, 21:25   Link #90
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
howd u know of the blast rod?
That's only because I read about it in the novel translation that was posted further up in this thread.
Besides, you really don't need to quote my entire post for a one-line comment
Old 2011-01-08, 21:26   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lividia's motivation for 'destroying' Academy City was because she feel that [Science] had overtaken the position of [God] and religion in people.

You know like saying "It's true because it has been scientifically proven!"?

She feels that religion no longer have a place in people's hearts because the word ‘science’ here is no longer just simple knowledge, but a pagan cult in itself and people will just believe the words ‘Science’s views’ without any condition.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:28   Link #92
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

forget about the Rod it wont be animated till 3 years later.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:44   Link #93
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the sisters died. Like almost 10 000 of them got butchered. And a lot more will be butchered in the near future. It will get bloody.

The series doesn't hate women and the anime needs more blood and gore. The wounds on touma is really lacking and standing their giving an epic speech but on your background is bloody Styl also doesn't help much on it.

It's a good thing that the night parade was awesome.
Woops...excluding the Sisters of course
Old 2011-01-08, 21:48   Link #94
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

Linda then talks to Lidvia more though the card, to rile her up some more. Lidvia tries to save herself and the cross with magic, and there was actually a small chance of her doing it, but then there comes the pilot, falling on top of her... that was definitely too much for her. Lidvia's fall ends with a nice, satisfying "splat", telling us that there's now one less religious fanatic we have to worry about The cross was probably destroyed as well, as it didn't have any special durability and thus couldn't have survived the fall intact.
Ummm.....no, not really.....she's....tough....Croce di Pietro is gone though
Old 2011-01-08, 22:01   Link #95
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Ummm.....no, not really.....she's....tough....Croce di Pietro is gone though
Yeah, I was wondering if Lidvia also has a "walking church" on. It didn't look like she was worried about the drop.

But Laura blowing the airplane door and sacrificing the pilot. Now that's hardcore.
Old 2011-01-08, 22:13   Link #96
Miraluka
Banned

Well I think Lidvia chose to save that crying pilot from a painful fall and sacrificed the cross of the saint.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:16   Link #97
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well I think Lidvia chose to save that crying pilot from a painful fall and sacrificed the cross of the saint.
That would explain why Croce di Pietro would be gone then.
Old 2011-01-09, 02:29   Link #98
Primary Consult

Hmm...
In this day and age when people are complaining about their municipalities spending money on fireworks displays, its nice to see this particular one saved the city from destruction. I wouldn't be surprised if Crowley manipulated the scheduling of things to help that along.

Meh, the arc was kinda lackluster but the episode itself was pretty good. For once Touma's punch didn't actually save the day.

Plane scene was cool. Not sure why everyone is surprised Laura risked the pilot to prove a point, she's actually not that nice [ie: Index memory wipe, manip of Kanzaki, etc]. She makes me think of one of those people at the bank who will repossess your house and leave your family homeless, all with a smile and a cheerful "is there anything else I can help you with today?"
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 02:51   Link #99
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Finally this arc ended. The fight against Oriana is sooooo poorly animated it looks like a joke fight. On the other hand, they scene with Lidvia was well done, thank god they at least did that part right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
It's a "Pain becomes Pleasure" ideal of a masochist.
No, Lidvia is a sadist rather than Masochist.
It is not about the pain is pleasurable, but the pleasure she can obtain after she overcomes the pain and crushed her enemies.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 03:42   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Hmm...
In this day and age when people are complaining about their municipalities spending money on fireworks displays, its nice to see this particular one saved the city from destruction. I wouldn't be surprised if Crowley manipulated the scheduling of things to help that along.
It's not just the cost of fireworks, I cannot imagine how much energy (and money) they have to burn to light up the entire city and then some

(There were laser shows as well I recall)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Plane scene was cool. Not sure why everyone is surprised Laura risked the pilot to prove a point, she's actually not that nice [ie: Index memory wipe, manip of Kanzaki, etc]. She makes me think of one of those people at the bank who will repossess your house and leave your family homeless, all with a smile and a cheerful "is there anything else I can help you with today?"
Both Laura and Aleister should never work together