AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 08:10   Link #8421
Dragoonkiller

Well... I just finished Negima... I read some of the latest posts here, and I agree with that LH ended way too better than Negima did...

Spoiler for Opinion:

But as you all said before, Akamatsu really did a great job in the start, and had troubles to finish the story with some great stuffs... But Negima got me because it showed to be a great story until Fate x Negi battle, that in my opinion is one of the greatest battles of the whole manga, loosing only to Negi x Jack, that is pure epicness kkkk

I'm not a heavy fan nor close to it, but I think that in the end, even if you're buying the manga, for me it's worth enough, it messed up the end but it's really worth enough....

Srry for my bad eng.

Hugs from brazil o/
Dragoonkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 16:09   Link #8422
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoonkiller View Post
Well... I just finished Negima... I read some of the latest posts here, and I agree with that LH ended way too better than Negima did...

Spoiler for Opinion:
That's pretty much one of the major problems with the ending:
Spoiler:

One more additional complaint about the ending (which is another reason why I don't consider at least the last two chapters to be "canon"):
Spoiler for Epilogue:
Old 2012-04-17, 16:38   Link #8423
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

A bit, but I think that's what the author wanted to convey: space is the new frontier, where everything of importance happens. That's why it's our heroes' new stomping ground.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 16:05   Link #8424
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
A bit, but I think that's what the author wanted to convey: space is the new frontier, where everything of importance happens. That's why it's our heroes' new stomping ground.
Of course, the big argument here involves the whole "magic vs. science" issue. I'm not saying that they can't co-exist together (after all, that's part of the nature of some of the title's characters). Rather, the issue at hand is that most of the story has a fantasy feel to it. Thus, when you consider some of things that take place in the epilogue, it feels as if there's some unneccessary areas of "sci-fi" being inserted to the futures of some of the girls (with a few girls, especially Yue and Nodoka, leaning towards a future that's more in gear with a "sci-fi" ending than the "fantasy" style of ending that would better fit them).
Old 2012-04-18, 17:16   Link #8425
Hata
時の異邦人

update, T+1month

Ken and "Natsumi".
http://yaplog.jp/moimoi7/archive/1035

Ken will no longer update his blog diary, which is replaced by…

a biweekly newsletter from J-Comi, it will offer "insider news and view of manga", this newsletter will be available via a 105 yen monthly subscription fee to the J-Comi "Premium" account,

the J-Comi Premium account, beside the newsletter, will offer readers the access to read ero titles, plus higher resolution PDF of regular manga titles which are available.

at the the J-Comi one year anniversary, new features:

-- you can place personal ads on J-Comi for a cost (varied by pages, time, type, etc.), which 100% will go to the original author, while at the same time you can promote your own personal blog or fan pages.
-- you can vote for your "favorite page" in a volume.
-- IOS "J Reader" support high resolution PDF at 1170X1654. which you can read J-Comi Premium account high resolution PDF with. however, due to file size limit, does not support retina.
-- the above mentioned Premium account biweekly newsletter, which will go out every 1st and 15th of the month.
Old 2012-04-20, 19:05   Link #8426
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Ken and "Natsumi".
http://yaplog.jp/moimoi7/archive/1035

Ken will no longer update his blog diary, which is replaced by…

a biweekly newsletter from J-Comi, it will offer "insider news and view of manga", this newsletter will be available via a 105 yen monthly subscription fee to the J-Comi "Premium" account,

the J-Comi Premium account, beside the newsletter, will offer readers the access to read ero titles, plus higher resolution PDF of regular manga titles which are available.

at the the J-Comi one year anniversary, new features:

-- you can place personal ads on J-Comi for a cost (varied by pages, time, type, etc.), which 100% will go to the original author, while at the same time you can promote your own personal blog or fan pages.
-- you can vote for your "favorite page" in a volume.
-- IOS "J Reader" support high resolution PDF at 1170X1654. which you can read J-Comi Premium account high resolution PDF with. however, due to file size limit, does not support retina.
-- the above mentioned Premium account biweekly newsletter, which will go out every 1st and 15th of the month.
is Ken making his old H-doujins available?
Old 2012-04-21, 17:12   Link #8427
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Of course, the big argument here involves the whole "magic vs. science" issue. I'm not saying that they can't co-exist together (after all, that's part of the nature of some of the title's characters). Rather, the issue at hand is that most of the story has a fantasy feel to it. Thus, when you consider some of things that take place in the epilogue, it feels as if there's some unneccessary areas of "sci-fi" being inserted to the futures of some of the girls (with a few girls, especially Yue and Nodoka, leaning towards a future that's more in gear with a "sci-fi" ending than the "fantasy" style of ending that would better fit them).
It's not that sci-fi is being inserted, it's that it was done half-assed. Less than half-assed, even.

Take the Chao arc. Lots of sci-fi there, but since it was introduced slowly and naturally with the characters, situations and time required, it felt natural. This, however, was literally one chapter of "Oh yeah, and here's some stuff." Not to mention that little, if anything, involved the characters and their dreams as mentioned in the story prior.

Throwing around random trivia does not a good ending make.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 02:19   Link #8428
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is Ken making his old H-doujins available?
no, (copyright)

==========
the cover of all covers, 100+? characters, here is BK 38.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4063846709

you can thank Catmania for the work on merging and magnification.
http://catmania.blog13.fc2.com/blog-entry-3406.html

of course, things worthy of notes,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hata; 2012-04-26 at 19:04. Reason: adding info
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 23:13   Link #8429
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

You mean 355, not 350.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:09   Link #8430
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Hakase has a cute outfit
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:40   Link #8431
AstroNerdBoy

Arika -- the most mysterious character in all of Negima! She's not even a thought nor mention of Negi's until the Magic World.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:21   Link #8432
ChronoReverse

Huh, so are Asuna and Negi gonna get married? That looks an awful lot like a tuxedo and bridal dress (not really but I like to imagine).
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:15   Link #8433
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I don't believe so. Negi DID tell Asuna who it was he *liked*...and Asuna's reaction was very much like it was another person.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 16:56   Link #8434
Hata
時の異邦人

Negima news

in the last? big Negima dojin meet, "The 10th day of Library Island Closure" at Kawasaki. one of the dojin put up by well known Negima blog catmania will have 10 Q&A with Akamatsu, questions including what is Negima trying to convey to the readers, what now is there for Negima, what is the theme of Negima, and who is the final partner of Negi?

while Ken give his permissions for this email exchanges to be published, the fanzine will hit the Negima event May 20th. Ken's assistant Max also contributes.

now remember, while Ken replied to the questions, that doesn't mean he will actually gives a real answer to the million dollar question is my guess, in any case, this will be the first Q&A we got from Ken since the end of Negima, it is going to be interesting.

----------edit
38 is out.
-- before anyone ask, total 102 "people" on the cover
-- while Arika is not in the cover, she is at the back cover.
-- in author's words, picture as detective Yue, Ken says:
-- with anime ending B Ken just felt it was time to TEMPORARY end it.
-- Temporary means Negima might be revived sometime in the future.
-- what Chao shown are just one of the many PARALLEL UNIVERSE ENDING,
-- there are many puzzles in the story, to fully explain it might take 100+books.
-- it will be good if you can read future Negima story IN YOUR HAND, it would certainly answer any of your questions.

my thoughts:
1. (future Negima series) told you so.
2. (not fixed ending pairing) told you so.
3. (possibility of future Negima going E-publish) told you so.

#2 certainly is my guess for Ken's answer in the 05/20 announcement,

Last edited by Hata; 2012-05-17 at 01:31. Reason: add 38 info
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 21:13   Link #8435
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

So, if I read this correctly, the last two chapters is just one of many different "parallel universe" endings for Negima, and that there's other possible endings for Negima, right?

Now if only the same can be said for the last two volumes completely.
Old 2012-05-17, 21:22   Link #8436
Cachalo

Totally predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
So, if I read this correctly, the last two chapters is just one of many different "parallel universe" endings for Negima, and that there's other possible endings for Negima, right?

Now if only the same can be said for the last two volumes completely.
Coming up: Crisis On Infinite Negimas.

Arm your ships.
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 21:48   Link #8437
Heavy Arms

Oh god no, DC did bad enough on their version of Infinite Crisis. The last thing I want is for Negima to suffer a similar trainwreck.

btw Chachalo. Are you a member of aquastar by any chance?

Last edited by Heavy Arms; 2012-05-18 at 16:37.
Heavy Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 22:15   Link #8438
Cachalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Arms View Post
Oh god no, DC did bad enough on their version of Ifinite Crisis. The last thing I want is for Negima to suffer a similar trainwreck.
Crisis On Infinite Earths was incredible. Infinite Crisis was a trainwreck but with some good ideas.

As long as I can keep getting my Yue fix I'm game.

Quote:
btw Chachalo. Are you a member of aquastar by any chance?
Nope.
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 22:47   Link #8439
APNki

The news of a possible future continuation was posted on Anime News Network: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-a-possibility
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 22:52   Link #8440
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I don't think Akamatsu would want to do a Crisis crossover. This is just his escape way if he wants to do a reboot from a certain point, and avoid the mess that was the final part of the manga by skipping it altogether.

I'd be fine with that if it saves us from crap like the Sports Festival and the epilogue, and we can see all the juicy events in the 5 month gap mentioned in the class roster fleshed out. But it all will depend on many things, including the alleged problems with Kodansha, so I'm not optimistic.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy