AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 10:57   Link #821
mochichan

Nah~ the great sensei is a joke on their creator Akimoto Yasushi. He's the Vice President of Kyoto university of art and design so that's why he's call "sensei"... unless they pull a Kyube, he won't turn out to be a villain
At this point, I'm saying he's a mecha just because of the low voice and glowy eyes :P

It wouldn't be too farfetch if they make Acchan into this diva character again like they did on AKB49.... It would be too boring to make Acchan's character like who she is in real life, introverted and quiet since she's suppose to be the ace of AKB0048 and all.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 11:06   Link #822
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ok ... well, after watching eps 2 and 3 I still really don't know what to make of this series. It is ... well ... awkward, for lack of a better word. It reminds me of a child who woke up one morning and realized for the first time that they have become an adolescent, and then begins the difficult process of realizing where all his limbs are while moving around.

It's not bad per se, but it is ... well, awkward. Perhaps even a a trifle stilted at times while feeling rushed and trite too. But for all that I find it kinda likeable for some reason. Go figure.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:03   Link #823
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
entertainment is hell....:|

Not as bad as some other face it, at least we face oblivion head on...only to be royally pissed when it was mock training.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:09   Link #824
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Not as bad as some other face it, at least we face oblivion head on...only to be royally pissed when it was mock training.
>kawamori
>not trolling

pick 1.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:44   Link #825
mochichan

As interesting as it would be if the training was real since it would make this show go the Madoka ep 3 route and make it all dark and psychological...it would look bad for AKB0048 to kill off girls that join them. It will give them bad rep and no way anyone would want to be idols if they'll get blow up + this show is probably intended for younger/more casual audience

Kawamori/Okada troll made this ep more dramatic at least.
Old 2012-05-16, 13:01   Link #826
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
It's not bad per se, but it is ... well, awkward. Perhaps even a a trifle stilted at times while feeling rushed and trite too. But for all that I find it kinda likeable for some reason. Go figure.
One issue among several (including the liberal use of CG in place of full-on hand-drawn animation of dance sequences, as mentioned earlier) are some unexpected scene skips and gaps, the glaring lack of smooth transitions to ease the flow of the plot. Hence there should be a "Director's Cut" version in the DVDs/BRs to address this deficiency.

----------

As for general viewer reactions elsewhere, it's really a mixed bag, that is, there's always the sordid reality that a show like this can't please everybody, especially those who view the whole idol industry with cynicism.
Old 2012-05-16, 13:04   Link #827
maximilianjenus
[E]

Idol anime is the new sports anime for me. the lengths at which they go to sing are comparable to the stuff they do in sports anime, like risking not being able to walk again just to wina stupid game.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:05   Link #828
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
As interesting as it would be if the training was real since it would make this show go the Madoka ep 3 route and make it all dark and psychological...it would look bad for AKB0048 to kill off girls that join them. It will give them bad rep and no way anyone would want to be idols if they'll get blow up + this show is probably intended for younger/more casual audience

Kawamori/Okada troll made this ep more dramatic at least.
Personally I view AKB0048 as the idol genre on steroids, hallucigens and amphetamine. As this is a kawamori anime, the concept will be on drugs.
This anime can still be all grimdark/psychological without any deaths. Kawamori may as well turn this show into a deconstruction of the idol genre.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 14:04   Link #829
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
One issue among several (including the liberal use of CG in place of full-on hand-drawn animation of dance sequences, as mentioned earlier) are some unexpected scene skips and gaps, the glaring lack of smooth transitions to ease the flow of the plot. Hence there should be a "Director's Cut" version in the DVDs/BRs to address this deficiency....
I get what you're saying, but I think smooth transitions are a crutch. We can figure things out without having our hands held the whole way. And Kawamori seems perfectly willing to make those jumps. I think that's part of his style. To be honest, I found Macross F a lot more confusing than this show is so far.

The CG dance sequences are the successor to shows like Pretty Rhythm. They are a bit hard to get used to, but they certainly work for me in context, with the music. Like a lot of things in this show, they violate our expectations for a smooth conventional product but work quite well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower
...It's not bad per se, but it is ... well, awkward. Perhaps even a a trifle stilted at times while feeling rushed and trite too. But for all that I find it kinda likeable for some reason. Go figure.....
This is how I see it, too, except that I think the "faults" may be part of the reason the show is so likeable.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:00   Link #830
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

This is just a reminder that I had to remove several posts because of one post that violated the forum's Spoiler Policy. Please refer to it so that any more posts won't have to be deleted.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:44   Link #831
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Idol anime is the new sports anime for me. the lengths at which they go to sing are comparable to the stuff they do in sports anime, like risking not being able to walk again just to wina stupid game.
Seems it's a prevalent theme for those types to see the main characters try to get to the top, but achievements would not be possible without teamwork all the while attempting to overcome individual prejudices and inner angst.
Old 2012-05-16, 23:03   Link #832
mochichan

Oh right sorry.

Yeah basically it's interesting to see these idol animes just because you want to cheer them on to succeed in their goals.
Old 2012-05-16, 23:46   Link #833
sa547
*Author

Something I thought about since morning:

Spoiler for speculation...:

And then an interesting fact about the original Katyusha, a Russian love song that became popular during World War II (and thus extended to the rocket launcher system):
Quote:
Apple and pear trees were blooming.
O'er the river the fog merrily rolled.
On the steep banks walked Katyusha,
On the high bank she slowly strode.
As she walked, she sang a sweet song
Of her silver eagle of the steppe,
Of the one she loved she loved so dearly,
And the one whose letters she had kept
O you song! Little song of a young girl,
Fly over the river and in the sunlight go.
And fly to my hero far from me,
From his Katyusha bring him a sweet hello.
Let him remember this plain young girl,
And her sweet song like a dove,
As he stands guarding his proud nation,
So Katyusha will guard their love.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-17 at 01:05.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 01:22   Link #834
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for The Problem with that:
Old 2012-05-17, 07:23   Link #835
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Done with episode 3 and my god... It was like I was thrust into a Omaha in Saving Private Ryan, specially the scene where one of the girls goes walking blindly against the mechas, unarmed, waiting for death

Well what can I say? This goes from Cute girls singing to a battlefield.

Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 09:15   Link #836
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Something I thought about since morning:

Spoiler for speculation...:
....if the Kirara end up evolving into some super alien bugs...
I think the reason idols are banned have something to do with the "forbidden lyric" that the great GodKi-P said.
Old 2012-05-17, 09:20   Link #837
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for The Forbidden Lyric:

Last edited by asaqe; 2012-05-17 at 09:51.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 12:13   Link #838
zero7090

For a moment i thought urobuchi gen was the story/scenario writer if there were for so many hints about kawamori trolling
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 12:49   Link #839
sa547
*Author

(related news) Aki-P has just set Acchan's graduation day, a day after Tokyo Dome in August:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ted-for-august

Leaves me wondering if this could affect the storyline of the possible second cour (as disclosed by Thomas Romain), as there's some signs of her transition to post-AKB life (for example, the poster and CM for her latest movie no longer includes her affiliation -- enclosed in parenthesis -- with the group). Hopefully the show should stick according to plan and as originally intended more than a year ago.
Old 2012-05-17, 15:48   Link #840
mochichan

I'm crying over my wallet after ordering Manatsu no sound good.
fuck idols...they should be ban :P

tho it's not so bad if Japan didn't have such high shipping rate...<__<

Surprise to see them report this news..I guess like some other news site complain, Acchan's graduation get more coverage than political election lulz..

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime