AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 14:10   Link #1841
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Sometimes we have to be careful about how we pull it off. Look at Mobile Suit Gundam, lot more people like Zeon's cast than the other side.
Oh, I remember; the opposition had some of the most-liked characters.
Old 2012-06-30, 14:30   Link #1842
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
I wonder, how DES has not though about getting a spy in AKB0048? (after watching Episode 7) This could help them located where they are and find their supporters.
Girls don't get in without the heart eyes and hair. Thus, to get in to AKB0048, you need to actually want to be an idol. Moreover, I'd say the hearts are representative in some way of the "soul of an idol" that the kirara look for. Because of that, everyone who joins 0048 is there because they want to do what 0048 does. That makes it pretty difficult for someone to sneak a spy in.

Besides, the DGTO has been stomping on creativity wherever they see it for decades. Do you think they're going to encourage their soldiers to use creative strategies, in violation of the very essence of what they belive in? They don't want to encourage people to think. Mindless drones who obey orders are much more preferable, in their eyes.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 16:08   Link #1843
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Girls don't get in without the heart eyes and hair. Thus, to get in to AKB0048, you need to actually want to be an idol. Moreover, I'd say the hearts are representative in some way of the "soul of an idol" that the kirara look for. Because of that, everyone who joins 0048 is there because they want to do what 0048 does. That makes it pretty difficult for someone to sneak a spy in.
There is no indication so far that the hearts are actually visible to the characters and isn't just some visual thing for the viewers.
Old 2012-06-30, 16:33   Link #1844
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
There is no indication so far that the hearts are actually visible to the characters and isn't just some visual thing for the viewers.
That doesn't mean anyone who doesn't have them is getting in, because I will bet you that that never has and never will happen.
Old 2012-06-30, 16:34   Link #1845
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
This is what I believe as well. The heart are indication of the soul of an idol but only us (the viewers) can see it.
Old 2012-06-30, 16:36   Link #1846
Random Wanderer

That wasn't my point. The hearts are an indicator. Whether they are visible to the characters in the universe or not, the things that they are an indicator of are what determines if a character makes it into 0048 or not. As such, no one who doesn't have them will get in, and every who does have them actually wants to be an idol.
Old 2012-06-30, 16:38   Link #1847
RDF2050
Superidol

Any information about what exactly happen to Acchan?
Old 2012-06-30, 18:09   Link #1848
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
Any information about what exactly happen to Acchan?
Spoiler for acchan:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 20:31   Link #1849
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
That wasn't my point. The hearts are an indicator. Whether they are visible to the characters in the universe or not, the things that they are an indicator of are what determines if a character makes it into 0048 or not. As such, no one who doesn't have them will get in, and every who does have them actually wants to be an idol.
I disagree with that point. The heart is indeed an indicator that those girls have the "heart" to become idols and join AKB, but being able to train and deceive people is one of the things spies are supposed to do. Yes, a good one is even capable of faking genuine interest and making effort towards a goal. The heart may means that at least all the girls we know so far, are genuine ones, but doesn't mean one couldn't get in for instance, in a future kenkyuusei audition.

We know that even girls with no heart are capable of getting on the finals test for the kenkyuusei. And on that test it seems the main reason for making those girls pass is to keep pushing ahead and put their lives in the line for AKB, and also to work together with others as the test is hard so even a very skilled person would have trouble all by herself.

While that test works well with normal girls, as only the ones that really care about AKB will be willing to make the effort to go through it, an trained spy would also be willing to take that danger, although it isn't actually for the AKB but for the DES.

But besides the reason you used, one reason that may make it hard or not even possible to get a spy in depends on how Sensei-Sensei works. On Episode 1 it does seems Tsubasa get all the applications sent to them and show them to Sensei-Sensei. Depending on what exactly it may be, for instance some kind of supernatural being, it may be able to know who would be an spy and deny their entries all together.

All in all, if DES wanted an inside spy, I think it would be easier to make someone already in turn into a spy through some kind of blackmailing, like capturing the family of a girl and make her work for them or else they would kill her family.
Old 2012-06-30, 21:44   Link #1850
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
All in all, if DES wanted an inside spy, I think it would be easier to make someone already in turn into a spy through some kind of blackmailing, like capturing the family of a girl and make her work for them or else they would kill her family.
This. I have been thinking of something similar but couldn't express it with words. I wonder why they have not thought of black mailing one of the idols if they really want to get rig off AKB0048.

Another curious issue is the machine that attacked Takamina (Episode 8). She was surprise when it appear.
Old 2012-07-01, 03:36   Link #1851
mechdra

Found this just now.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/0...-was-shameful/
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:38   Link #1852
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Dat sensationalist headline and spin.

Stop going to the Fawx News of anime journalism.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 09:38   Link #1853
sa547
*Author

Holy shit, poster size... I'm getting this.
----

Tonight... this episode has to be the most hilarious/service-filled, with a bit of revelation.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:41   Link #1854
Kazu-kun

Great episode after all. Lots of plot dialogs related to the Center Nova thing.

Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2012-07-01, 09:41   Link #1855
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2012-07-01, 09:51   Link #1856
sa547
*Author

(Pixiv) I wonder what the seniors were saying here:
Spoiler for can't know moonspeak:

Ontopic: I'd say Mita Mao (Makoto) is tonight's winner, on top of other things that left me laughing hard.
Spoiler for ...and...:
Old 2012-07-01, 10:05   Link #1857
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Spoiler for ...and...:
Spoiler for ep10:

On another note, I'm glad the plot is finally coming back to Chieri and Nagisa. I hope it will keep that way till the end.
Old 2012-07-01, 11:09   Link #1858
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

But now, Makoto now has a permanent chest size increase. Guess the high Calorie training paid off and now Makoto is just as well endowed as Mimori. So now Yuka and Sonata are the flat chested girls.
Old 2012-07-01, 11:10   Link #1859
mochichan

Spoiler for ep 10:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 11:12   Link #1860
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

But at least we know what Makoto is supposed to be, the average AKB0048 hopeful who doesn't have any sort of tragic past. Just an ordinary girl with big dreams and all the flaws that go with it.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime