AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-22, 22:05   Link #121
james0246

^Are you comparing Hashirama and Madara to Romeo and Juliet?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 23:52   Link #122
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Are you comparing Hashirama and Madara to Romeo and Juliet?
maybe that's how hashirama died. stabbing himself in the heart when he thought madara had died. how tragic
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 05:14   Link #123
Eragon
Still Alive

Given how "infatuated" Madara is with Hashirama, I wouldn't rule out that possibility
Old 2013-02-23, 08:59   Link #124
HasuMasu
*Artist

If that was the case, I'd totally be down with that.

It's better than NaruSasu, at least.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 12:39   Link #125
yogotah

Hahaha

That would be the twist of the century
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 03:28   Link #126
Jpmartinez

I am a bit concern what you guys are writing first of all it makes sense the first is as strong as madara no one complain how strong he was when he appeared. Second the first was called the god shining just some chapters ago, the guy fought the nine tails, now in his first appearance can you guys say he could defeat the nine tail ? Answer is no. And why is because his personality was practically block from the beginning of et, was it not mention by second that now they were reborn at 80 percent makes sense they are so powerful. Where is the plot hole ? No one before this chapter had seen the first true strength so now that you see stop bitching and accept it. Where is the retconning ? Can't call it that, is not like the power of dead characters had been measure in fact many et characters came out to be stronger than usual. This days people find anything to complain about just enjoy the chapter is better than the past what 50 we seen.
Jpmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 06:43   Link #127
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Retcons can go completely unnoticed. It can still be a retcon if the new facts don't completely conflict with the old ones. It just won't become a plot hole.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 11:59   Link #128
yogotah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmartinez View Post
I am a bit concern what you guys are writing first of all it makes sense the first is as strong as madara no one complain how strong he was when he appeared. Second the first was called the god shining just some chapters ago, the guy fought the nine tails, now in his first appearance can you guys say he could defeat the nine tail ? Answer is no. And why is because his personality was practically block from the beginning of et, was it not mention by second that now they were reborn at 80 percent makes sense they are so powerful. Where is the plot hole ? No one before this chapter had seen the first true strength so now that you see stop bitching and accept it. Where is the retconning ? Can't call it that, is not like the power of dead characters had been measure in fact many et characters came out to be stronger than usual. This days people find anything to complain about just enjoy the chapter is better than the past what 50 we seen.
I can only speak for myself, but the biggest issue that I see is the disorientation by Kishi in the way that he portrayed the strength of these Hokage. He clearly said in the first season that the fourth was the greatest of the Kages, and then moved on and said that the Third was the greatest warrior. I let those go, but then after a very long time, we now find out that it is the First who is the greatest, and not by a small margin at all. He towers over the rest of the Kages by an insurmountable amount of power.

If the first was suppose to be this strong, we should have known when Orichimaru summoned him, or sometime else during the first season.

But since we didn't, we can assume that even the author didn't intend for the First to be this strong, and I can understand why some people would take some issue with that.

That being said, I don't really read or watch Naruto for sound logic or to find it's fallacies. I read for enjoyment, and you're right, these last few chapters has been some of the best that I've seen. I don't have time to be a critic when I see the awesomeness that we are witnessing.
Old 2013-02-24, 12:16   Link #129
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmartinez View Post
I am a bit concern what you guys are writing first of all it makes sense the first is as strong as madara no one complain how strong he was when he appeared.
perhaps because he was enhanced with rinnegan, hashirama's cells, infinite chakra and an immortal body. so given all that it makes sense for edo-madara to be insanely strong

back when madara and hashirama were alive, madara had none of those things and therefore should have been much weaker than edo-madara (although still very strong of course). but i agree with yogotah. i'm not really complaining. i'm just pointing out that the first wasn't intended to be so super strong when compared to hiruzen and minato, but now he towers above everyone else, even madara, since madara had to use the kyuubi's power to stand on even ground and he wound up losing
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 13:59   Link #130
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Kishimoto started to make Hashirama and Madara the titans towering above everyone else mirroring the future Naruto and Sasuke at the end of part 1 when he made gargantuan statues of them at the gorge of the end. Virtually every arcs since then have had characters hyping them to kingdom come.
It was a retcon many years ago but it has been this way for nearly two third of the story now.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 14:02   Link #131
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogotah View Post
That being said, I don't really read or watch Naruto for sound logic or to find it's fallacies. I read for enjoyment,
Same here.

One could also ask how did this godlike ninja die so early. Also why didn't Madara return to rule the world after the 1st died. But of course many questions are answered a bit later by the author. Of course usually the answer itself can raise even more questions and complaints One example was lately how could Naruto keep using the kyuubi's chakra with so many clones when it was clearly stated that he can't make clones in kyuubi mode. The answer itself came a bit later, but it also raised the question: why is the kyuubi suddenly so friendly with Naruto after all the years of hatred and rage.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 14:19   Link #132
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Pretty much what Hunter said. If anything I feel everyone else has a been slightly retconed into this cookie cutter ninja role and the so called "dangerous ninja world" has been retconed into the "ninja world that had dangerous villanous ninja, that all died years ago (with the exception of the former Akatsuki)", moreso then the past Hokages not being overpowered enough.

Quote:
That being said, I don't really read or watch Naruto for sound logic or to find it's fallacies. I read for enjoyment,
Amen.

Now back to the scheduled kickass...
Old 2013-02-24, 15:57   Link #133
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Now back to the scheduled kickass...
We'll be back to the 1st hokage's version of the story, but he doesn't know that Madara survived and stole his cells. I wonder what "his cells" were, it shouldn't be just some DNA since he could have obtained that without a battle. Maybe it will be explained that he needed cells from the 1st's sage mode, activated cells, or whatever pseudo-scientific explanation which needs them to have a battle in which the 1st powers up to his limits. Also if he took cells, does that mean he managed to take limb or something that would make the 1st somewhat crippled? If Madara damaged the 1st in some way that could explain why did the 1st die so soon.

BTW one more reason for Hashirama to join Naruto in this battle is to show him his power, since Naruto wanted to surpass all the past hokages he should be aware what sort of godlike powers he has to surpass

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-02-24 at 16:43.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:40   Link #134
Monster0

Hashirama isn't the end all be all,he has a unique ability but he can be beat just like anybody in this story.Just spray him with weed killer.What i mean is that every jutsu has a weakness and every power has an anti power.Even Bijuu power isn't the greatest,it's all how you use what you got.Shikamaru defeated the imortal Hidan and he did it with brains more than with chakra levels.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:53   Link #135
yogotah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

BTW one more reason for Hashirama to join Naruto in this battle is to show him his power, since Naruto wanted to surpass all the past hokages he should be aware what sort of godlike powers he has to surpass
Lol at the reaction that Naruto would have if he saw the strength of Hashirama...the kid wouldn't stand a chance.

Don't you think that Naruto has hit a power ceiling? He's done sage, he's mastered the nine's tail power....I really don't know what else he could do to get stronger....but I can hear Kishi's voice now saying " Don't tempt me, don't tempt me "
Old 2013-02-24, 16:58   Link #136
Monster0

Naruto would turn hashirama into tree, cut it down,make some TP and wipe.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 17:12   Link #137
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogotah View Post
Don't you think that Naruto has hit a power ceiling? He's done sage, he's mastered the nine's tail power....I really don't know what else he could do to get stronger....but I can hear Kishi's voice now saying " Don't tempt me, don't tempt me "
LOL, Naruto could do what everyone does to get stronger: learn something new . The Kage Bushin method alone gives Naruto the ability to master nearly every jutsu in existence as well as the 5 elements (potentially), so in no time he could go from the 10 or so core techniques he has to truly overwhelming numbers. From that, he could also continue to master the technique he already knows. And, of course, there is the legendary Uzumaki fuinjutsu he could learn...if he could ever get his hands on the techniques.

Naruto, right now, is almost just pure strength with some ingenuity mixed in. If he could ever actually learn how to harness that strength in truly productive manner then he would easily surpass all that came before him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Naruto would turn hashirama into tree, cut it down,make some TP and wipe.
That's an interesting idea. We have seen how Naruto's chakra interacts with the Zetsu dolls, so it would be interesting to see how Naruto's chakra would react to a Zetsu body used in Edo Tensei.
Old 2013-02-24, 17:33   Link #138
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To get good at something you need some aptitude for it though. It's useless to even try if you lack the talent. Naruto should just stick to what he's good at.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 18:46   Link #139
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I think Naruto has received so many power-ups in quick succession during this arc that people just don't really realize how ridiculously powerful he is become.
The guy just supercharged thousands, tens of thousands of fodders into pseudo Jinchuuriki increasing their power hundreds folds without breaking a sweat and chakra cloaked them into a blade that cut the limbs of a being who knocked down a Bijuudama with a flick of its finger.
Learning something new is so last year, now it's just do it. Whatever *it* is.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:47   Link #140
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
To get good at something you need some aptitude for it though. It's useless to even try if you lack the talent. Naruto should just stick to what he's good at.
Not really. A thousand stupid people can still accomplish a task, and Naruto is a thousand stupid people in one.