AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-25, 17:36   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Huh? Tokyo Babylon is definitely set in the same world as X. There are tons of references between both works, especially at the later parts of X.
Yeah you're right, my mistake. I haven't read either works in a while, and i totally forgot that. I'm so bad.
Old 2009-07-26, 01:11   Link #42
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The thing is that when the old dames finally finish up X, we'll get another anime/OVA. Really, that story is one reason why I don't buy CLAMP until it's over. Clover is the other one.
Old 2009-07-26, 03:28   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The thing is that when the old dames finally finish up X, we'll get another anime/OVA. Really, that story is one reason why I don't buy CLAMP until it's over. Clover is the other one.
Guess i just love their works that much that i can't help but buy them.
Old 2009-07-26, 03:31   Link #44
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Their completed canon is awesome. That, I give them. But, there is just something about the need to buy the whole canon just to get every single reference that puts me off a little.
Old 2009-07-27, 16:38   Link #45
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I've had a bad track record with Clamp titles, but I read the first chapter of this and I have to admit that I've fallen in love with this one.
BTW, isn't this neat?
Spoiler for size:
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 16:38   Link #46
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I can say that in Kobato all of the references (so far anyway) have been really subtle ones. In fact, Wish hasn't even been mentioned much, I'm still waiting on the latest chapter to see how it's supposed to be tied in.
And CLAMP did say at Japan Expo that they do want to finish X soon or something like that. Frankly I never got why people liked it and find it odd that you guys keep talking about it on a thread for something else...
And ZOMG, I want that figurine!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 23:43   Link #47
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

X is like the missing Holy Grail of CLAMP's canon. It is a good place to start for CLAMP newbies on understanding angst in the CLAMP multi-verse. And yes, it is also mentioned in Tsubasa.
Old 2009-07-28, 00:50   Link #48
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

so looking forward to this one, 2 bad tsubasa and X doesn't give me satisfying anime endings. CCS is awesome btw
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 03:34   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And CLAMP did say at Japan Expo that they do want to finish X soon or something like that. Frankly I never got why people liked it and find it odd that you guys keep talking about it on a thread for something else...
The topic of X and Tokyo Bablyon is quite similar to the one that's happening now between Kobato and Wish, so that's why we're talking about it.

& personally, i love X for many reasons. Have you ever gave the anime or manga a try?

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-07-28 at 03:46.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 14:53   Link #50
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Very interesting that they'll join the two stories together. Makes sense really, because there's not really enough Kobato material for a whole series. It's also interested that pretty much al lthe staff working on this have worked on past CLAMP anime adaptations in the past. Goes to show that they know who to use.
I hope this doesn't mean I'll watch another Tsubasa anime....

I read a chapter of this, and it seemed like a cute story. I hope it's more like Chobits, though, and nothing like the mindscrew that apparently was Tsubasa [From what I've heard. I couldn't finish it].
Basically, I'm haunted by Tsubasa.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 14:56   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Basically Kobato is a warm and fuzzy series, so yes you could say it's like CLAMP's past title, Chobits.
Old 2009-07-29, 01:49   Link #52
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

But, even Chobits prompted a lot of deep thinking in me. So yeah, it's safer to say that most CLAMP series will leave you chewing on something at the end of it. I'm expecting Kobato to illuminate me on a thing or two, even as I take in the other friendly aspects.
Old 2009-07-29, 02:46   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
But, even Chobits prompted a lot of deep thinking in me. So yeah, it's safer to say that most CLAMP series will leave you chewing on something at the end of it. I'm expecting Kobato to illuminate me on a thing or two, even as I take in the other friendly aspects.
Kobato has it's fare share of deep thinking moments. Not as heavy as Chobits, though there are a few.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:31   Link #54
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& personally, i love X for many reasons. Have you ever gave the anime or manga a try?
I actually did (I wouldn't say I didn't like it otherwise, that's just too silly) and, to me, it introduced too many characters too fast with not enough introduction and the plot wasn't especially captivating. CLAMP can draw some pretty boys but they're plots aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Dangit, now you got me talking off topic! Anyway, part of the reason I like Kobato is because it has been one of their lighter series, it has serious stuff in it but it isn't dark.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 16:34   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i could argue about your reasons for disliking X, though this isn't the thread for that, so we'll just leave it be.

Hoping we find out who the voice actors will be for this series soon. It's killing me waiting this long.
Old 2009-08-02, 13:50   Link #56
FireChick

Wait, hold on a minute! Are they seriously going to cross Kobato with the entire Wish manga? Don't get me wrong, I love Wish and have all four volumes (had them all since 3 years ago).
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 13:56   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Wait, hold on a minute! Are they seriously going to cross Kobato with the entire Wish manga? Don't get me wrong, I love Wish and have all four volumes (had them all since 3 years ago).
Nothing at all has been said that they'll cross the whole of Wish with Kobato. If it sticks with the flow of the manga, then they'll just introduce Kohaku.
Old 2009-08-02, 14:32   Link #58
FireChick

I see. But if it does happen, then I am SO putting this on my list of anime to watch (even though I have others to finish watching)!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 21:52   Link #59
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I actually did (I wouldn't say I didn't like it otherwise, that's just too silly) and, to me, it introduced too many characters too fast with not enough introduction and the plot wasn't especially captivating. CLAMP can draw some pretty boys but they're plots aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Dangit, now you got me talking off topic! Anyway, part of the reason I like Kobato is because it has been one of their lighter series, it has serious stuff in it but it isn't dark.
This, my friend, is the old dames' secret. To understand X, you probably should also be reading Tokyo Babylon as well, along with the older CLAMP series of that time. CLAMP canon is so intertwined that one of the wishes on my "to-do" list is to convince the old dames to do a Kingdom Hearts with their canon.
Old 2009-08-04, 03:41   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
CLAMP canon is so intertwined that one of the wishes on my "to-do" list is to convince the old dames to do a Kingdom Hearts with their canon.
They are doing in a way, it's called Tsubasa Chronicle.

Tags
adventure, clamp, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen