AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 11:59   Link #361
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I hasten to add that there are anime original animes - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha is, IIRC, an anime original anime.
Actually, that's a spin-off.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-09, 12:01   Link #362
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Well, on the shipping note...

As much as I want Haruhi/Kyon to happen, my experience with a handful of anime that never resove the ships has made me...a little bit pessamistic (Evangelion and School Rumble were made of so much win until the endings ).
Old 2009-08-09, 12:04   Link #363
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Actually, that's a spin-off.
True, and thanks for bringing that up; that had slipped my mind for a second. Nanoha was a spin-off from a hentai game, IIRC.

Personally, I consider spin-offs to be source material in and of themselves unless they contradict what they were a spin-off from. I don't think that Nanoha contradicts the hentai game that lead to her anime, so...
Old 2009-08-09, 12:13   Link #364
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
(Evangelion and School Rumble were made of so much win until the endings ).
Evangelion's ending was awesome, what the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Personally, I consider spin-offs to be source material in and of themselves unless they contradict what they were a spin-off from. I don't think that Nanoha contradicts the hentai game that lead to her anime, so...
I think the only similarities are Nanoha's family, actually. And even then, her father is... different.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:15   Link #365
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Well, on the shipping note...

As much as I want Haruhi/Kyon to happen, my experience with a handful of anime that never resove the ships has made me...a little bit pessamistic (Evangelion and School Rumble were made of so much win until the endings ).
Have you seen Rebuild Eva 2.0 yet? Oh boy, I just can't wait till the dvd/blu-ray hits... some old Eva wounds are gonna open and the nerd RAEG will be delicious.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:19   Link #366
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I think the only similarities are Nanoha's family, actually. And even then, her father is... different.
That... raises an interesting point. When a spin-off becomes more popular than what it spun off from (which I'm inclined to think is the case with Nanoha vs. the hentai game that preceded it), what should trump what?

I... don't know. I'll have to think about that for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Have you seen Rebuild Eva 2.0 yet? Oh boy, I just can't wait till the dvd/blu-ray hits... some old Eva wounds are gonna open and the nerd RAEG will be delicious.
I heard that Rebuild Eva 2.0 has gone in an almost completely opposite direction from End of Eva. If so, it's going to create mostly fan JUBILATION, I would think. OTOH, if Shinji's performance isn't better than it was in the original, then yeah, you're right.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:27   Link #367
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
I heard that Rebuild Eva 2.0 has gone in an almost completely opposite direction from End of Eva. If so, it's going to create mostly fan JUBILATION, I would think. OTOH, if Shinji's performance isn't better than it was in the original, then yeah, you're right.
I've heard/read that it barely resembles Eva anymore...
Old 2009-08-09, 12:28   Link #368
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

They changed Asuka's name, now it sucks.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:29   Link #369
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I want to really badly, but I figure I'll wait until the dub is released. I'm certain it'll make it here to the states soon. Maybe I'll have my dad and I watch it together (my dad is a bit of an anime fan, too )

Anyway, I'm still worried that this series might have a tragic ending. I don't know why, but I keep getting that vibe from it. Something's going to happen to ruin the ships (Death of one of the leads, major catastrophe, etc.).

I don't know why, but I keep thinking that "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" was really symbolic of a war that happens between the humans of the Future and the "Aliens" and the Espers in the Organization were caught in the middle. It's only when the Espers finally ally themselves with the people of the Future that the aliens are defeated (and I think the Mikuru beam is symbolic for all the high-tech weaponry used against the aliens to defeat them). I bring this up because I keep thinking that this might be the catastrophe that ruins the damn ships (me being pessamistic again).

Has this possibility been discussed before? Just wondering.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:33   Link #370
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... The movie was a symbol that Kyon should be with Haruhi and not Nagato. Koizumi picked up on it during the "He, no I, I am the key" scene, but I'd assume Kyon is clueless about the whole thing.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:37   Link #371
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
... The movie was a symbol that Kyon should be with Haruhi and not Nagato. Koizumi picked up on it during the "He, no I, I am the key" scene, but I'd assume Kyon is clueless about the whole thing.
So if Yuki is Yuki, Itsuki is Kyon, and Mikuru is Haruhi... what the hell are Haruhi and Kyon?
Old 2009-08-09, 12:45   Link #372
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I picked that up, too. There's a lot of possible symbolism in the movie, me thinks.

Anyway, I figured that eventually Kyon was going to be a witness to this "war" when he goes to the future (since he's the camera man and thus the observer). Haruhi, being the director and writer (without of script of course), was the one who made this war happen, even if she doesn't realize it.

It's only speculation, of course. The only reason I thought of it was because Mikuru is always nervous around Nagato (even as an adult). I think she know something about the aliens...that maybe their intentions aren't...benign. Afterall, what exactly is going to happen should the DISE discover the key to auto-evolution? What does it plan to do with such a capability. I keep getting the feeling that this series might be leading to something epic (and it might happen after the Anti-SOS arc).
Old 2009-08-09, 12:49   Link #373
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
So if Yuki is Yuki, Itsuki is Kyon, and Mikuru is Haruhi... what the hell are Haruhi and Kyon?
The ultra director and cameraman/choreboy.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:55   Link #374
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
I picked that up, too. There's a lot of possible symbolism in the movie, me thinks.

Anyway, I figured that eventually Kyon was going to be a witness to this "war" when he goes to the future (since he's the camera man and thus the observer). Haruhi, being the director and writer (without of script of course), was the one who made this war happen, even if she doesn't realize it.

It's only speculation, of course. The only reason I thought of it was because Mikuru is always nervous around Nagato (even as an adult). I think she know something about the aliens...that maybe their intentions aren't...benign. Afterall, what exactly is going to happen should the DISE discover the key to auto-evolution? What does it plan to do with such a capability. I keep getting the feeling that this series might be leading to something epic (and it might happen after the Anti-SOS arc).
I was thinking that too. I was thinking that Kyon chooses Yuki and something horrible happens resulting from it; So, Yuki (who Kyon is playing) and Kyon ( who Haruhi is playing) need to go back in time and convince Kyon to stay away from Yuki. Holes are imminant, I know.
Old 2009-08-09, 13:29   Link #375
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
My take on the "What is canon?" debate.

(...)

Just my take. What do other people here think?
Very well said. You are really good surely good with words.

Yeah, I think that way too. It is more or less what I was trying to say early. (I didn't divide alternative material from adaption material. Your terms are more correect, however)

Quote:
No, I don't have a blog. I might consider making one, though, if anybody here would be interested in reading it. I could focus it primarily on Haruhi for now, and then tack on other animes that interest me.
If you make posts as interestings as this one and the relatonship one, I would certanly read.
Old 2009-08-09, 13:31   Link #376
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I'm not sure if Yuki will ultimately side with her boss during all this. She's already shown a tendency for disobedience in Disappearance. While I do suspect that a betrayal might be in the works in the story, I ultimately think that all five will stand together in the end (or something to that effect).
Old 2009-08-09, 13:43   Link #377
User89254
Disabled By Request

Wow, the more I read into this the more I see desperate attempts to keep Yuki and Kyon separate and Haruhi and Kyon together. Please cut the fangirlism.

The speculation is at a really wild point right now where it's scarcely even relevant.

And yes, I've read YukiKyon fangirlism here too.

By the way, the new spinoff manga, Nagato Yuki-chan, was actually written by Tanigawa (the manga is a blatant YukiKyon if anyone hasn't noticed)...I dunno if that signifies YK in the original series or not, but still, let's not jump to conclusions.
Old 2009-08-09, 13:51   Link #378
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yes, let's keep the Shipping to a minimum, shall we?

Take note, we still have ONE MORE unintroduced SOS-dan applicant judging from Book 9...
Old 2009-08-09, 13:57   Link #379
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
I'm not sure if Yuki will ultimately side with her boss during all this. She's already shown a tendency for disobedience in Disappearance. While I do suspect that a betrayal might be in the works in the story, I ultimately think that all five will stand together in the end (or something to that effect).
The only one the majority of people seem to doubt will do that is Koizumi. Of course, I'm of the opinion that he's probably the most likely to unite with Haruhi and Kyon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Wow, the more I read into this the more I see desperate attempts to keep Yuki and Kyon separate and Haruhi and Kyon together. Please cut the fangirlism.
Actually, my attempts to do that are because Kyon doesn't deserve to be with Nagato. I can be a Nagato fangirl if I want.
Old 2009-08-09, 14:11   Link #380
User89254
Disabled By Request

Doesn't deserve? You're insane. Yuki's amazing.

Anyway, forget shipping! Akai-Kurenai and I believe that since the novel is entitled Kyougaku (Astonishment), Haruhi will realize the truth about herself and the Brigade, because Kyon uses his trump card. Haruhi willingly gives her powers to Sasaki (hey, she's a good person). Life with the SOS-dan continues as before, with no assertion at all as to who is with who.

As for Slider-tan, we're still trying to work that in...but we will. We will.
Closed Thread