AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-17, 17:34   Link #861
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi View Post
But, it's hard for a happily ever after end...
After all, Battler's wife is just an... illusion... *shot*
Well there may be a happy ending with the girl who likes him, but

1) Shippers wouldn't like that.
2) It's probably Shannon and she seems to be lovey-dovey with George now.
Old 2010-01-17, 17:42   Link #862
Koi

BatXBeato forever pal!
I'm willing to wait years for that!
Old 2010-01-17, 18:08   Link #863
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi View Post
BatXBeato forever pal!
I'm willing to wait years for that!
I'm hoping if they survive the massacre, Battler bumps into "Human!Beato" and fall in love! ;D

Did I already said this?
Old 2010-01-17, 19:00   Link #864
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
I'm hoping if they survive the massacre, Battler bumps into "Human!Beato" and fall in love! ;D

Did I already said this?
Yeeeaah no.

That would be the most cliche cheesy ending. When a movie/anime/tv show or whatever pull that trick I just groan so much. Ryukishi already said he's going for bittersweet so don't expect any transfer students, who coincidentally look like Beato, to appear in Battler's school.
Old 2010-01-17, 19:11   Link #865
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Yeeeaah no.

That would be the most cliche cheesy ending. When a movie/anime/tv show or whatever pull that trick I just groan so much. Ryukishi already said he's going for bittersweet so don't expect any transfer students, who coincidentally look like Beato, to appear in Battler's school.
Awww damn! I just want my BeatoxBattler moment. Unless Battler chooses to live in that Kakera for eternity, torturing his own famillies forever!
Old 2010-01-17, 19:13   Link #866
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Awww damn! I just want my BeatoxBattler moment. Unless Battler chooses to live in that Kakera for eternity, torturing his own famillies forever!
EP 6 has a bunch of BatBeato moments (I mean the two get married at the end of it all) but most of it is grimdark at times.
Old 2010-01-17, 21:05   Link #867
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Ryukishi already said he's going for bittersweet
He's never said that. He simply said, Umineko doesn't necessarily have to have a happy ending. However, so far, he's never said what type of ending it'll be.

Considering a member of the family is quite likely the culprit, you can already assume it won't be a happy end.

I'd like a Human Beatrice, but I wouldn't like anything cheesy. As in, Battler returns to school and meets her there, or some crap like that. If there's to be a human Beatrice. She's got to be in the island, somehow, and then they've got to do whatever they do to survive.
Old 2010-01-17, 22:30   Link #868
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:

Did I already said this?
Haha, yeah you've already said it I'd like that ending, but It seems more fan-ficy to me.

Quote:
Yeeeaah no.

Hey, hey
Let's not totally trample on someone now.
I always predict those endings, so when I get them, I don't groan. I lol/
And when did he say he's going for bittersweet?
Old 2010-01-17, 22:35   Link #869
ArcticHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post

Hey, hey
Let's not totally trample on someone now.
I always predict those endings, so when I get them, I don't groan. I lol/
And when did he say he's going for bittersweet?
I also tried asking the same question, and can't really ever get an answer on the matter. Like Used Can said, I don't think it was specifically noted that it would be bittersweet - and believe me - I've certainly tried to find it. If I'm incorrect on that I certainly wouldn't mind eating crow on the matter. Personally I think it'd be in bad taste to let readers in on ending details, even if they're vague.
Old 2010-01-17, 22:40   Link #870
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticHelm View Post
I also tried asking the same question, and can't really ever get an answer on the matter. Like Used Can said, I don't think it was specifically noted that it would be bittersweet - and believe me - I've certainly tried to find it. If I'm incorrect on that I certainly wouldn't mind eating crow on the matter. Personally I think it'd be in bad taste to let readers in on ending details, even if they're vague.
I agree. I think It'd kind of ruin the surprise of the ending.
Alsooooo, when(and if) he denies witches (hey buddy I think you've strayed away from your goal a bit) will they, like, die? Or return to their human form?
Old 2010-01-17, 22:49   Link #871
ArcticHelm

I assumed it would probably take Battler full-circle and he would end up in the same position as he was in game 1: Denying what Maria and the servants say really "exists". Entities or aspects like that only seem to be 'dead' if they're denied completely, so if someone at least still believes in them they would keep a sort of partial existence which was dependent on that person.
Old 2010-01-17, 22:57   Link #872
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticHelm View Post
Entities or aspects like that only seem to be 'dead' if they're denied completely, so if someone at least still believes in them they would keep a sort of partial existence which was dependent on that person.
I thought this was pretty obvious back in Episode 4. This is why I no longer am on the side of "magic exists" or "magic doesn't exist" because it's existence isn't based on an absolute standard. It exists if you believe in it.

*Hides because people will shoot me down saying "WE ALREADY KNOW THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH*
Old 2010-01-17, 23:02   Link #873
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
I thought this was pretty obvious back in Episode 4. This is why I no longer am on the side of "magic exists" or "magic doesn't exist" because it's existence isn't based on an absolute standard. It exists if you believe in it.

*Hides because people will shoot me down saying "WE ALREADY KNOW THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH*
I'm still on the side that it exists, mainly because I've always believed in magic tricks
Also, I believe what I see, since I see alot of magic in all of the eps (except EP1, where I was just like WTF)
So, what you're saying, is that if he denies them, they won't really be denied?
Old 2010-01-17, 23:22   Link #874
ArcticHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
I'm still on the side that it exists, mainly because I've always believed in magic tricks
Also, I believe what I see, since I see alot of magic in all of the eps (except EP1, where I was just like WTF)
So, what you're saying, is that if he denies them, they won't really be denied?
It depends what sort of denial we're talking about. There can be a subjective denial, where he denies them, but they may still exist to those who believe in them. On the other side of the coin there can be an objective one like what Bern seems to be aiming for like when she dismissed Natsuhi's tea party with Beato as being fake. A number of people seem to lean towards saying it will be the later type, where it is totally denied as trickery. I don't really think this sort of ending is really satisfactory, and goes against the spirit of the work. Battler seems to echo that this sort of resolution is down right mean spirited, like telling a child that Santa, or witches, do not exist.
Old 2010-01-18, 00:00   Link #875
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Do any translations of the post-game TIPS exist?
Old 2010-01-18, 00:31   Link #876
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

I've been thinking and I have a theory of sorts. To me, since the murders in the story are committed by a person in the family at the family conference, as inferred by AuAu. Then in a way, I think, magic doesn't exist. Like for example, in this episode, instead of seeing Ronove and Virgillia, Battler see's there real world mediums, Genji and Kumasawa.

To me, I see that as a sign that the Meta-world could be in fact, nothing more than a simple dream. Or a story told to us, by someone in the year of 1998, as AuAu gives Ange. In a way, episode 6 is inference to this fact that, as we know because it's obvious. Umineko, especially episode 6 is a simple referring of a story by an outside source from what they were able to come out with, from the clues presented.

In a way, Umineko, the story is actually a dream by Battler, and as was said before, he wakes up in the same place as episode 1, on the boat. With a slightly enlighted view on the world. And then he saves the day and stops the murders and all is well.

... Lol...
Old 2010-01-18, 00:47   Link #877
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amegashita View Post
In a way, Umineko, the story is actually a dream by Battler, and as was said before, he wakes up in the same place as episode 1, on the boat. With a slightly enlighted view on the world. And then he saves the day and stops the murders and all is well.
That'd still be fantasy. You'd be turning this into Final Destination, but with a possible good end.

Also, I don't think the events in the Meta-World are mentioned in Hachijō's books.
Old 2010-01-18, 00:57   Link #878
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amegashita View Post

... Lol...
If this is true I will kill myself.
I don't think It's a dream, per se, dreams usually aren't this vivid.
I'm just gonna wait till EP 8 (lol long time) before I make any decisions
Old 2010-01-18, 01:21   Link #879
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

I'm saying the Meta-world could be an over exaggerated presentation of the clues from a person with a great imagination.
Old 2010-01-18, 04:55   Link #880
~Ayane~

Quote:
Alsooooo, when(and if) he denies witches
am...um...why would he deny them now when he married one?

Quote:
I've been thinking and I have a theory of sorts. To me, since the murders in the story are committed by a person in the family at the family conference, as inferred by AuAu. Then in a way, I think, magic doesn't exist. Like for example, in this episode, instead of seeing Ronove and Virgillia, Battler see's there real world mediums, Genji and Kumasawa.

To me, I see that as a sign that the Meta-world could be in fact, nothing more than a simple dream. Or a story told to us, by someone in the year of 1998, as AuAu gives Ange. In a way, episode 6 is inference to this fact that, as we know because it's obvious. Umineko, especially episode 6 is a simple referring of a story by an outside source from what they were able to come out with, from the clues presented.

....lol

also whats so wrong with Beato turning human and transferring to Battlers school? Hanyuu did that too, OLO
Closed Thread