AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-15, 12:43   Link #21
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Sentimental values played a huge part here, but this OP is definitely my favourite this season
It really is quite clever with the visual-foreshadowing of what will eventually happen.

As for the episode, I really enjoyed this more than episode one of mirai hen. It serves as a great companion piece to mirai hen, showing that Kodaka definitely had some reason for setting up the viewing order in this manner. We're getting more questions and mysteries on both sides of the show, such as with Miterai and Chisa, and that's rather exciting, especially as we go forward.

Also, I want to also note that the despair arc is the one to "end" the series, so to speak, with the very last episode being the one from this arc. It's a question I had in the back of my mind for a while now, when, logically thinking, Mirai hen should be the one capping off DR3. Kodaka hasn't showed his hand on what he really plans to do with the double narrative set up, and that's something I'm really looking forward to see unfurl over the course of the season.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 20:01   Link #22
mistress_kisara

Episode 1: I liked this better than Future arc, I hope they show how Nagito and Mikan turned into nutcases :P
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 22:27   Link #23
steam fish

Spoiler for Nanami:
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 07:09   Link #24
Marina2

Is this the hope I should grab on, or it is a trap that will lead me into the despair?

Old 2016-07-16, 12:36   Link #25
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I accidentally watched these in the wrong order, which I only realised after watching the second one end.

I guess the Ultimate Impostor will remain forever nameless.

It seems this side isn't without its surprises either... Nanami is real! :O

The fact that she's real, however, means her fate is sealed.

That shipping moment does not veel very good because of this.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 15:25   Link #26
AC-Phoenix
Detective

tbh I doubt it will be Junko who kills her - My money goes more to Sonia or one of the other girls. (Also where is the imposter? I thought the animator is it at first tbh lol)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 15:37   Link #27
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

You're correct. Ultimate Impostor is the overweight character who goes by "Ryota" that Chisa dragged out of his home in this episode. He mimicked Byakuya in Danganronpa 2.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 15:38   Link #28
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You're correct. Ultimate Impostor is the overweight character who goes by "Ryota" that Chisa dragged out of his home in this episode. He mimicked Byakuya in Danganronpa 2.
Nah thats the animator, thats the point. - I thought he'd be the oimposter too first but he is the animator that somehow lost weight. Or the imposter pretending to be the animator... whatever.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 15:43   Link #29
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yes I know that Ryota is the Ultimate Animator, but the Ultimate Impostor is mimicking him. You asked who Ultimate Impostor was so I told you. It's a completely different character that noone knows the real identity of.
Old 2016-07-16, 17:04   Link #30
xellos2099

I wonder if at the end of the despair arc they will cut to the present where the Hajime and co. will go help Makoto to help them survive the future arc. It will proof to other member of future foundation that even ROD can be rehabitated
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 17:11   Link #31
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Eh, I'll take Sonia.

I'm on the same boat as everyone that Chisa is the evil mastermind in Future Arc. She is strangely hot/sexy, her personality from Future Arc is not like now in Despair Arc.....
Don't tell me she's Junko's secret older sister.....cause they do have similar hair colors/etc?

Hope Nanami is not really dead in Future Arc.....

Ryota is part of Future Foundation, making me suspicious.

Last edited by Nvis; 2016-07-16 at 17:39.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 18:27   Link #32
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

She doesn't seem all that different in behavior. Perky and maidlike?

While it's fine to be suspicious of Ryota, I'd like to point out that the future foundation IS mostly former Ultimates. It's not weird for the Ultimate Animator to be there.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 19:16   Link #33
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

^^
Yea, except carrying around "Swords"/knives is normal for a teacher....and using them on her students...and her personality is kinda psycho like Junko in Despair Arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
While it's fine to be suspicious of Ryota, I'd like to point out that the future foundation IS mostly former Ultimates. It's not weird for the Ultimate Animator to be there.
Well Ryota was part of the same class as the rest of the Despairs. How he got away or resisted the Despair is still unknown(to us).
Old 2016-07-16, 19:42   Link #34
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ah jeez. That's not the real Ryota though, that's the Ultimate Impostor.

To make it easier to understand: the Future arc and Despair arc Ryotas are not the same person. The one in Future arc is the real one and the one in Despair arc is someone pretending to be him.
Old 2016-07-16, 19:45   Link #35
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Ah jeez. That's not the real Ryota though, that's the Ultimate Impostor.

To make it easier to understand: the Future arc and Despair arc Ryotas are not the same person. The one in Future arc is the real one and the one in Despair arc is someone pretending to be him.
Sounds reasonable. Where IS the real one in Despair Arc, then?
Old 2016-07-16, 19:48   Link #36
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Now that's a question I don't have the answer for. Perhaps he will show up later. I would like to believe the Ultimate Impostor is impersonating him for some plot-relevant reason but there's no guarantee.
Old 2016-07-17, 02:04   Link #37
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

So I walked in a lot of discussions and still see a lot of anime-only viewers, despite all of the game players warning that they should at least played/ watch a LP of SDR2 first. Fair enough, at least you guys know what you risk going into.

Let me remind a few things of Ryota Mitarai so the debate can be more open: SDR2 players assume that Despair arc's Mitarai is the SHSL Impostor, because it's a confirmed fact that he impersonated Togami Byakuya in SDR2 (hence "Togami" in this game is so overweight), and the only overweight student in Despair arc is Mitarai. From this people also assume that Mitarai in Future arc is the real SHSL Animator. What if Kodaka will use these assumptions for a future plot twist regarding both Mitarais of Future arc and Despair arc? Not to mention that SHSL Impostor's real identity is still a mystery to even game players, there is some potential here.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 02:21   Link #38
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I won't deny some sort of plot revelation could come out of it, but the thing we need to keep in mind is that at least for the time the Future arc takes place in, the Ultimate Impostor is currently in a coma inside a pod on Jabberwock Island since he was one of the victims in the virtual killing game.

So in other words because of that fact, I'm pretty doubtful about it being relevant at all at least in the Future arc.
Old 2016-07-17, 02:28   Link #39
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Not necessarily. We don't actually know exactly how long it was since Naegi left the island at the end of SDR2, and we know that at least one person was already awake when he left (Hajime), so it's very possible that there are members of old RoD already awake.

Of course Hajime wasn't in a coma, but still possible.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 02:38   Link #40
com_gwp

Quote:
I won't deny some sort of plot revelation could come out of it, but the thing we need to keep in mind is that at least for the time the Future arc takes place in, the Ultimate Impostor is currently in a coma inside a pod on Jabberwock Island since he was one of the victims in the virtual killing game.

So in other words because of that fact, I'm pretty doubtful about it being relevant at all at least in the Future arc.
There's a ton of ways DR3 could use to handwave the fact that both the impersonator and animator had been switched from the very start; false memories, for one. DR isn't something that particularly adheres to logic, so a twist like that still can work on some level. I wouldn't yet write off the underlying question of why Kodaka wanted to have the impersonator take the role of someone in the Future Arc.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote