AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 5 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 8.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 8.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-18, 18:45   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

There isn't any guarantee there is only 1 attacker. To begin with, Monokuma didn't mention if it will be always the same person attacking the other FF members.

That said, there won't be any trial so it will be much more volatile (which is probably the reason why Kodaka said DR3 would be better in an anime format).
Old 2016-07-18, 18:46   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What you see is what you get. We know just as much as you do. Like I said, this version of the killing game is very much like Mafia.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 19:09   Link #23
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What you see is what you get. We know just as much as you do. Like I said, this version of the killing game is very much like Mafia.
town of salem > mafia
Old 2016-07-18, 19:13   Link #24
nfsac

Daisaku Bandai death method matches from the opening, death by poison. Only key point is that Naegi and Kyosuke share the same death pattern, shot themselves with a gun.

The last hint I see is Naegi reaching for Kirigiri and both of em facing off Monokuma.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 19:20   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

I'm not exactly sure if the OP isn't a red herring. Chisa's death doesn't look like how she was killed (seems she has her wrist cut in the OP) and Daisuke looks like he has a weird liquid all over him.

To begin with, I'm not even sure if Chisa was actually killed by the "attacker" or if she wasn't killed way before (still no indication for the time elapsed from the moment they were gased to the moment they woke up).
Furthermore, Monokuma said something quite peculiar: who will be the attacker's target today. So either Chisa was killed by someone else/way before the killing game started, or she commited suicide.

It is also interesting to note that Chisa has a bracelet, even though Yasuhiro doesn't.
Old 2016-07-18, 19:25   Link #26
Witched

What changed in the opening sequence?

I have a feeling that they'll die based on the weapon/method (?) showed in the OP sequence. Perhaps that just happen to be awfully coincidental.
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 19:30   Link #27
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

It would seem like there is some Artificial intelligence at play or at least an observer monitoring the feed being broadcasted and sending kill signals to participants; As it would be difficult for a system where arbitrary actions of other characters can activate functions in a bracelet. so It really seems like the traitor killing everyone and the mastermind activating the kill switches aren't necessarily the same person, that is if the Mastermind doesn't just walk out of his hidey-hole and kill someone himself after the bracelets activate or that someone is actually monitoring the live feed.

Spoiler for whops:

In any case there are two possibilities I can see for minimal traitors,
  • if there is only one traitor (no AI support) then he/she is not one of the active future foundation members. This isn't Danganronpa 2 guys; we can't overlook logical fallacies anymore, back to Danganronpa 1 Logic. namely if naegi had a pedometer checking if he was running then it would have gone off when Aoi lifted him up and ran
  • If the mastermind is one of the active future foundation members then they would need a supporting individual assisting with the kill switches, meaning there are two individuals contributing to the event, one hidden away and one monitoring the feed, either from within the Future foundation HQ or from some random hotel watching TV... unless it's the ultimate therapist in the wheel chair casually managing everything in-front of everyone(joke).
  • or there is 3-6 traitors and then nothing makes sense anymore, very unlikely since that would be dumb.
Spoiler for spoiler for kyosuke rant:

Last edited by SibylEnd; 2016-07-18 at 19:41.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 19:45   Link #28
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
town of salem > mafia
It really does not matter how you call it. Mafia, Werewolf, Town of Salem. The mechanics are identical. They are also identical to what is happening in this show except it isn't make believe.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 20:15   Link #29
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

I'm looking at the blood stain on Naegi's hand versus the blood on the handle; it's pretty consistent and there doesn't seem to be any room for mistakes here or any loop-holes to prove Naegi's innocence. This killer seems to have all his bases covered right now, I'll still wait for him/her to slip up as more murders happen, assuming there is only one killer.

the only thing that I can gather is that the killer covered naegi's left hand with blood, implying the murder was done with the left hand. Can we go back and see who predominantly used their left hand to perform actions to get a likely suspect?

I don't think this series will have any plot holes or inconsistencies in regards to murders and related evidence, unless explicitly highlighted(i.e. when kirigiri examined the spot on the door where there should have been a small knife from episode 1)

Edit: I initially thought that the killer wraped the knife around the left hand of naegi and had him stab her by moving his hand with the knife; but the blood stains are inconsistent on that account.

Last edited by SibylEnd; 2016-07-18 at 20:28.
Old 2016-07-18, 20:17   Link #30
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

They didn't show the muscle guy falling asleep after the countdown nor when Naegi woke up, hmm....

AND.....if he was able to break the ground so easily, he can just bust all the walls open!

Killer may have a sick love for Naegi since so far he/she is killing anyone that interacted with Naegi positively....

ALSO, we forgot someone "semi"-important: Yasuhiro Kagekure(the crystal ball guy from DR1). He was outside during the attack and not affected by that sleep gas attack in the room. But OP seems to indicate he is in this game somehow.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 20:19   Link #31
com_gwp

@SibylEnd

About your rant, you might as well also ask why Great Gozu, who can elbow drop a hole in the floor, doesn't just punch them out of the building. There's a requisite bit of suspension of belief that is inherent to the series, and DR3 won't buck that trend. We just have to buy that Kyousuke is trying to make pragmatic decisions.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 20:25   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

Pretty much the same reason that prevented Sakura to pave a way out back in DR1 despite her herculean strength. You have to accept the fact that Gozu would probably be unable to punch through the walls that lead to the outside.

That's assuming they aren't in a more fancy environment than a "standard building".
Old 2016-07-18, 20:33   Link #33
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Do she survives the first season to die in 2 episodes?

I felt like she was destined to die when she started talking about not being alone anymore.

Was the door opened from the outside or not? The killer clearly wants the MC to die, but his "forbidden" action may very well prevent him from doing it directly. Therefore, putting blood on his hand is the next best thing to do... that, and killing his allies.

Anyone who tried to murder the MC directly has been dropped from my suspect list. As crazy as it may sound, people "siding" with him could be the killer. That person can kill anyone who trusts him.

That's my speculation and I think I might be unto something I hope that the other girl that was with him (with the MC, and she was a survivor from the first season) lives. I was quite a fan of her from the first season. I hope she's not the attacker because... I ship her and the MC :/

(BTW, is that glass buddy with a sword from S1? I get a feeling that he is)
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 20:39   Link #34
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
@SibylEnd

About your rant, you might as well also ask why Great Gozu, who can elbow drop a hole in the floor, doesn't just punch them out of the building. There's a requisite bit of suspension of belief that is inherent to the series, and DR3 won't buck that trend. We just have to buy that Kyousuke is trying to make pragmatic decisions.
Didn't Nekomaru do exactly what you just described In D3Despair Ep-1, all while just taking a shit. hamming it up to anime levels of power is fine and all, but I'd like this series to stay within the realm of plausibility, especially when it comes to the mysteries.

Nagito was a pretty pragmatic guy; doesn't mean I have to buy into him, even if he has the most justified actions ever. I just think there are several better ways to go about this whole thing.
Old 2016-07-18, 20:40   Link #35
com_gwp

^Yep, exactly what you described. DR is ham and a bit of parody, and it never strictly adheres to what's plausible or realistic; for the most part, it does stay within the realm of the in-universe logic.

Now as for my thoughts to the episode (Dammit, Kodaka, you monster) I think the most questionable thing this episode showed (asides from the switching of location/VR hints) is the survivor count. Hagakure is a complete outsider at this stage and is not even included in the "game" explanation, so is he part of the opening's survivor count? That said, it would be kind of lame if we were to go through yet another case of the "extra participant" routine to explain the mystery.
Old 2016-07-18, 20:55   Link #36
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Was the door opened from the outside or not? The killer clearly wants the MC to die, but his "forbidden" action may very well prevent him from doing it directly. Therefore, putting blood on his hand is the next best thing to do... that, and killing his allies.
There is no guarantee the attacker actually has a NG action. It could be a mock bracelet that only inject a shorter sleep drug and potentially a poison if they fail to kill someone within the time limit.
Then again, Monokuma is S enough to impose the same rules to their accomplice.

Quote:
Now as for my thoughts to the episode (Dammit, Kodaka, you monster) I think the most questionable thing this episode showed (asides from the switching of location/VR hints) is the survivor count. Hagakure is a complete outsider at this stage and is not even included in the "game" explanation, so is he part of the opening's survivor count? That said, it would be kind of lame if we were to go through yet another case of the "extra participant" routine to explain the mystery.
There is a very high chance they will find Yasuhiro in the next episode or midway with a bracelet. This might lead to a very awkward situation as people might suspect him for being the attacker as he wasn't kept in check for a while contrary to the other 15 after Chisa's murder.
Old 2016-07-18, 21:03   Link #37
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
^Yep, exactly what you described. DR is ham and a bit of parody, and it never strictly adheres to what's plausible or realistic; for the most part, it does stays within the realm of the in-universe logic..
Nekomaru>Sakura.
And we are led to believe that Nekomaru had a heart condition, Is it pretty much confirmed at this point that people who get sick gain super powers or something?
http://bato.to/reader#25846df2a213a6a0_63
Old 2016-07-18, 21:04   Link #38
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is no guarantee the attacker actually has a NG action. It could be a mock bracelet that only inject a shorter sleep drug and potentially a poison if they fail to kill someone within the time limit.
Then again, Monokuma is S enough to impose the same rules to their accomplice.
It could be possible. I didn't see the "extra" participant from the S1 coming at all.

It's always sad to see "old" characters fall I thought the 3 of them could regroup and make it through together. I haven't played the game so I have no clue on how twisted it can become.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 22:18   Link #39
Chosen_Hero

Of course Asahina gets killed off, meanwhile Kirigiri once again showing off her plot armor, she really should thank her dad for being so important to the story.

Yes, i'm fucking salty, especially since all episode long they all but told you she was going to die. I will also echo the sentiment of this hopefully being a virtual world.
Old 2016-07-18, 22:26   Link #40
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibylEnd View Post
Nekomaru>Sakura.
And we are led to believe that Nekomaru had a heart condition, Is it pretty much confirmed at this point that people who get sick gain super powers or something?
http://bato.to/reader#25846df2a213a6a0_63
I...huh...what? I'm sorry, I think lost you. I was only trying to highlight that what you said about Nekomaru, reinforces that Danganronpa has its fair share of absurdities and exaggerations, due to the nature of the series. Hence, a requisite suspension of belief on certain stuff. Comparing plausibility or power levels is the last thing I want to be doing here.