AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-23, 02:49   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
^It's really not as complicated as you are making it out to be. Izuru is the identity he went with after he started losing all emotions, attachment to the world, and sense of self, due to the experimentations. This is what he went by after the events of the Tragedy, during his time as an Ultimate Despair. Hajime Hinata is simply himself. Who you play as in DR2 is Hinata, pre-HPA experimentations that turned him into Izuru.
Like I said for some reason I was under the impression by the end of SDR2 was that Izuru was the original personality and Hajime was the other one that developed out of the obstinate desire not to fall into despair as Izuru did. Apparently I had it in reverse.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 07:08   Link #22
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
^It's really not as complicated as you are making it out to be. Izuru is the identity he went with after he started losing all emotions, attachment to the world, and sense of self, due to the experimentations. This is what he went by after the events of the Tragedy, during his time as an Ultimate Despair. Hajime Hinata is simply himself. Who you play as in DR2 is Hinata, pre-HPA experimentations that turned him into Izuru.
Is this alright we are talking this in this thread
This literally future spoiler, right?
Old 2016-07-23, 07:50   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Is this alright we are talking this in this thread
This literally future spoiler, right?
It's a spoiler free for all and has been announced anyway so no need to tags and somesuch.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 14:13   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

As far as I understand, the only things considered spoilers are things specific to the anime that haven't happened yet. Things that already happened in the games are fair game.

But yeah, he was Hinata first, then became Kamakura after the... surgery, I guess? Then the NWP reverted him back to Hinata. Basically the process that turned him into the Ultimate Hope overwrote his personality. The NWP made his personality roll back to his pre-Kamakura state.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 14:16   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv173
*Graphic Designer

Despair arc is still part of Danganronpa 3, therefore requires DR2 knowledge considering it is a sequel.
Let's just consider the other way around: if someone were to watch despair arc before playing the game, one of the major twists is spoiled right from the get go.

It is pretty much the reason why despair arc has the same spoiler rules as future arc: the audience is expected to know the events of DR1 and DR2.
Old 2016-07-29, 11:52   Link #26
Guido

Perhaps, for me felt the most despairing watching unfold the normal, school life of Class 77th students at Hope Peak's Academy. However, the viewers are actually reminded of the shady deals happening behind-the-scenes regarding the board of directors and the project to expand Hope Peak's Academy.

But, this is how despair starts unraveling at first with the good moments and beautiful memories.

For now I'm enjoying the crazy antics but not forgetting what is lurking beneath the sugar-coated exterior lies the not-so-kind crapsackness.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 19:55   Link #27
FFTHEWINNER

-the "old reserve course friend" stuff is intriguing. If i remember correctly, in DR2's "game within a game" camera girl witnessed her friend murder the girl who was introduced today. the reason for the murder was that the killed girl bullied camera girl. i presume the future murderer is her "old reserve course friend",who would be killed by peko in return and that this is what will lead camera girl to despair.

-so what was tengan's position at that time? hard to believe someone as old as him would have been just an adviser

-so joining the izuru project was the price for hajime joining hope's peak? how did this come about/get arranged exactly? also, If i remember correctly, DR2 said hajime was randomly chosen from within the reserve students, which contradicts this episode. am i missing something here? :/

-playing an N64! damn! she was really into retro games as expected,like me XD

-the love potion stuff,especially the zipper scene, was legit hilarious XD. good to know coach and akane kissed too XD

-Sonia's country doesnt sound as lovely as it sounded in DR2 XD

-all the NPCs are blue for some reason XD

-it is ironic that Nagito was pretty happy with real Nanami becoming president,considering that he would be the one to condemn AI Nanami to death.

-the title of the episode was interesting. my impurest heart for you? so someone is lying on someone,or hiding a secret. intriguing.

overall,like last time,i am enjoying the despair arc far more than the future arc.
FFTHEWINNER is offline   Reply With Quote