AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-01, 15:32   Link #21
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

monaca the demon girl is back
Old 2016-08-01, 18:52   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

A lot of unexpected things today. The hacker girl is a robot. And the robot is controlled by Monaca of all people.... Which, by law of narrative design means she can't possibly be the killer, or the mastermind. Which means.... Exactly what?

Also I keep fearing for Asahina's safety. D=
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 21:31   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Called it!

Now waiting for Touko, Byakuya and his sister to show up.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 22:27   Link #24
com_gwp

It would be kind of hilarious, and kind of fun to see, if this really does turn out to be the case that Nagito, again, is behind some of the shenanigans here.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 22:56   Link #25
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Considering Nagito's absurdly ridiculous good luck I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did in fact survive the virtual killing game somehow despite being one of the victims in it.

He is a large part of the reason Monaca even decided to become Junko's successor too anyway so it'd be very appropriate for him to have some role here.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 22:57   Link #26
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
A lot of unexpected things today. The hacker girl is a robot. And the robot is controlled by Monaca of all people.... Which, by law of narrative design means she can't possibly be the killer, or the mastermind. Which means.... Exactly what?

Also I keep fearing for Asahina's safety. D=
it means that either

- She likes to talk to herself (Monkuma adressed the killer)
- She is the killer but not Monokuma
- She is Monokuma but not the Killer (very unlikely)
- she is both Monokuma and the killer (In which case she'd have talked to herself, when adressing the killer)
- she is neither

As for why its unlikely she isn't the killer - simply because the robot Body negates all negatives regarding her physical condition and makes all those crimes needing a lot of strength possible. Moreover she was right at the scene of the crime.

Also a sidenote: She apparently actually turned right sometime after she had her bracelet

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 02:37   Link #27
Brother Coa
Banned

Another good episode and what a revelation. xD

I am so sad chairmen had to die, but I am guessing he proved that Kyousuke is wrong. Despair will only be fully eliminated after he is the last remaining human on the face of the Earth. And even then there will be despair as insanity will eat him alive after he realize that he is all alone.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 03:36   Link #28
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
As for why its unlikely she isn't the killer - simply because the robot Body negates all negatives regarding her physical condition and makes all those crimes needing a lot of strength possible. Moreover she was right at the scene of the crime.

Also a sidenote: She apparently actually turned right sometime after she had her bracelet
All the evidence pointing to her being the killer makes me feel it's LESS likely for her to be the killer, due to the lack of "obvious" evidence. Also the fact that if she is the killer, her reveal would ruin everything.
Old 2016-08-02, 03:55   Link #29
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually when I gave the episode a second pass... I'm starting to think of the possibility that Monaca's indirect presence in the tower does not necessarily mean that she's one of the instigators.

It's actually fairly plausible that she might be personally invested in this series of events but actually independent of the real Monokuma. She might have her own agenda. It's pretty far fetched but crazier things have popped up in this crapsack world.

Aside from being the one that essentially killed Junko that Monaca idolized, one thing that strikes this game is that it's more personal, that is to say that the perp has a very intimate reason for wanting to break Naegi's hope. Turning him into despair by breaking him is the ultimate victory for the despair side. Everything else are side victories; all this occurs to finally break Naegi.

I just don't see how invested Monaca would be to simply break him. Even by the end of Ultra Despair Girls you could already see that promulgating despair isn't really so much the Warriors of Hope's real motive as it was revenge. Using despair was merely a vehicle but not so much the intention, even that other members who actually survived their battles eventually turned on her, it was just Monaca who continued on with Nagito's "support" (well if you could call it that anyway).

Another thing is that she clearly looks older to some degree. If we take that at face value then a good chuck of time clearly passed by the end of Ultra Despair Girls. We do know of course that UDG happened before SDR2 (unless there's another explanation for Nagito being in that city).
Old 2016-08-02, 06:09   Link #30
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

No it most definitely happened before. The Remnants of Despair had not been apprehended yet by that point. Kamakura also appeared in that game.
Old 2016-08-02, 06:16   Link #31
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
No it most definitely happened before. The Remnants of Despair had not been apprehended yet by that point. Kamakura also appeared in that game.
Actually that sort of supports the idea that the Remnants may not have operated as a cohesive group since Nagito apparently had his own agenda, but that's for the other series.
Old 2016-08-02, 06:19   Link #32
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There's a lot more evidence pointing at the fact that they aren't one cohesive group.
Old 2016-08-02, 07:57   Link #33
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
All the evidence pointing to her being the killer makes me feel it's LESS likely for her to be the killer, due to the lack of "obvious" evidence. Also the fact that if she is the killer, her reveal would ruin everything.
Aye thats why I left so many possibilities open - Other question is still how many traitors there even are.
Most suspicious two people are imho the Animator and the Scout, the latter because he was the first, and only one, to point at Miaya - thus he was right about her being a despair using a 'hunch' (his own words). - Oh aslo it also explains why she went to the side when Aoi wanted to pet her head.
In any event, for the time being she is the most plausible suspect due to each and every one of those crimes having needed enhanced physical strength; The real question is imho more who controls Monokuma now.

Some of them being robots would explain how they can broadcast stuff though.
Actually all of them could be.

On another note - how old is Monaka even atm? - and yeah those eyes is that a ...?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 08:20   Link #34
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I am so sad chairmen had to die, but I am guessing he proved that Kyousuke is wrong. Despair will only be fully eliminated after he is the last remaining human on the face of the Earth. And even then there will be despair as insanity will eat him alive after he realize that he is all alone.
There's definitely no way he's making it out of the next episode, but I did find it funny that for a guy who was impaled on a huge drop, and supposedly right on his deathbed, he was incredibly chatty at that point.

"Hey Munakata, you lucky dog, come here and let me tell you some secrets, might take a while so just siddown right there."
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 08:48   Link #35
Marina2

While the Scout was pointing to Miaya , Miaya was also pointing back at him. What did that mean?

According to this image
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Monaca still have Monokuma kids under her control even though she doesn't have the controller anymore , when combine with her monokuma army , it is possible that Monaka can do everything by herself - (attacked the base (drone helicopter?), decorated the base, killed all the guards, and controls Monokuma) - without the help from anyone. Monaca might wait and switched herself with real Miaya right when she arrived at the base.

I predict that next ep. will be about another sleep time and it will show us what Monoka (Miaya) does when everyone go to sleep. It will be super creepy.

....and what is thing thing that has Monokuma(s) buried at the base.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

.................................................. ....................................

Come to think of it, Did Naegi know from his sister that Monaca was behind the death of his parent?

Last edited by Marina2; 2016-08-02 at 10:06.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 09:41   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given how early she was revealed, I'm guessing Monaca is not actually the mastermind. It's actually rather hard to guess what her exact role is in this mess. There's no question she's up to no good though.

Glad they're also trying to conclude the story started in Ultra Despair Girls. This just made Touko and Komaru showing up a lot more likely.
Old 2016-08-02, 11:11   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Come to think of it, Did Naegi know from his sister that Monaca was behind the death of his parent?
Whether they are dead at all is unknown. Their bodies were never found.
Old 2016-08-02, 15:15   Link #38
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

But if we do have Komaru here, then I HOPE that she would be the one that helps to restore Naegi from the heavy DESPAIR.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-03, 18:27   Link #39
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Well that explains who killed the security guards.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-03, 20:11   Link #40
xellos2099

Anyone noticed they change the opening slightly?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote