AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 42.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 14.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-05, 06:43   Link #21
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

im pretty sure naegi real talent is ultimate bad luck
there is NOTHING lucky about him, meanwhile komaeda utilize his luck to 100% potential at ease
Old 2016-08-05, 06:47   Link #22
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
im pretty sure naegi real talent is ultimate bad luck
there is NOTHING lucky about him, meanwhile komaeda utilize his luck to 100% potential at ease
Well, he was thrown into a trash compactor and managed to get out of it alive. Granted, it wasn't due to sheer luck as much as to him inspiring others to action, but still, if he was unlucky he would have croaked then .
Unless of course fate decided that making him suffer through all that came afterwards and that will come now was a crueller option than merciful death .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 06:53   Link #23
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If you know the events of Naegi's worst day ever, you'd know that Naegi's true talent is Ultimate Unlucky Student.

That being said, all the unfortunate events that happen to him tend to leave him with an opportunity to come out on top. All he needs to do is grab it.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 09:36   Link #24
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If you know the events of Naegi's worst day ever, you'd know that Naegi's true talent is Ultimate Unlucky Student.
Not sure about that. Do you mean the beginning of DR1 or something in side material?

Old 2016-08-05, 11:10   Link #25
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Not sure about that. Do you mean the beginning of DR1 or something in side material?
Side material that is also canon. Long story short, after a series of unlucky, Naegi managed to burn an invitation to the original lucky student, which forced HPA to redraw and pick him as teh lucky student.

DR have a habit of incorporate "Side" material. DR:AE just became a canon instead of mere side material, and I would not be surprise if DR0 and many others will be too.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 11:11   Link #26
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I forget what it came with but it's a little side story that describes the events leading up to Naegi being scouted.
Old 2016-08-05, 11:15   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hahaha, so Nagito was the one responsible for their expulsions. He ruins everything he touches.
Old 2016-08-05, 11:38   Link #28
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Oh Komaeda, I know I won't be disappointed when the episode centers on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
DR have a habit of incorporate "Side" material. DR:AE just became a canon instead of mere side material, and I would not be surprise if DR0 and many others will be too.
The heck? Why are people questioning the canonity of DR0? It was the bridge between DR1 and SDR2, and some names from the novel got mentioned in SDR2.

In fact I think you kind of mistook the meaning of side material. All of them are canon bar "IF" and a number of extras in the games. Just that you have no idea if they will be in DR3 because of the information walls for anime-only watchers.

As for Naegi's Worst Day Ever, it was a booklet from DR1 anime BD bonus.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 16:20   Link #29
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I like how the two series tie together like this simultaneously.

Anime-original/first!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 21:52   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm already suspecting that Yukizome's replacement will probably be some sort of Junko proxy since, you know, this is precisely the best time to push the class into their fated selves. With Komaeda suspended, Yukizone gone, the tragedies in the gym and the reserve course and Izuru on the cusp of awakening, all the pieces are set for Junko to make her entrance and transform the class into the perpetrators of the most blah blah blah event in human history.

Once, of course, Chiaki's ultimate end occurs.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 03:53   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They'd have to fast forward a little bit. I don't know exactly where they are in the year but if Enoshima is to be introduced we'd have to go to the point where the new class is introduced.
Old 2016-08-06, 04:03   Link #32
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Side material that is also canon. Long story short, after a series of unlucky, Naegi managed to burn an invitation to the original lucky student, which forced HPA to redraw and pick him as teh lucky student.

Oh, I see. Sounds funny, gotta check that out . Makes one wonder what would have happened if Makoto and Nagito ever got a chance to interact...

Old 2016-08-06, 19:57   Link #33
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Oh Komaeda, I know I won't be disappointed when the episode centers on you

The heck? Why are people questioning the canonity of DR0? It was the bridge between DR1 and SDR2, and some names from the novel got mentioned in SDR2.

In fact I think you kind of mistook the meaning of side material. All of them are canon bar "IF" and a number of extras in the games. Just that you have no idea if they will be in DR3 because of the information walls for anime-only watchers.

As for Naegi's Worst Day Ever, it was a booklet from DR1 anime BD bonus.
Because general media, even in Japan, is that side material and spin-off are "canon BUT does not affect the grand scheme of things, just more details." One would not miss anything if they miss the side-materials or spin-off

Only DR would have its major storyline in different media and in side materials, especially if we consider it start out with 2 visual novel, before having an action game that is now made intergral.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 22:05   Link #34
stray
aniki

Quote:
Because general media, even in Japan, is that side material and spin-off are "canon BUT does not affect the grand scheme of things, just more details." One would not miss anything if they miss the side-materials or spin-off

Only DR would have its major storyline in different media and in side materials, especially if we consider it start out with 2 visual novel, before having an action game that is now made intergral.
DRAE wasn't as much a spinoff as a different format, but while we're at it 'adventure game' is probably a better descriptor for the franchise as a whole. Regardless, the events from Ultra Despair Girls were anything but minor.

Zero is probably skippable but if you've read it you have an idea of the despair that's coming.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 10:48   Link #35
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

I watched a few bits of the DRAE Let's Play on YouTube and frankly I'm sad I can't play it , but of course buying a PS Vita for the sole purpose of playing that is a bit... eh.
On the other hand, I tried reading Danganronpa Zero but I just found that the writing was terrible. Perhaps it was the translation's fault, dunno, but it was a rather unpleasant experience, so I dropped it.

Old 2016-08-07, 11:07   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I watched a few bits of the DRAE Let's Play on YouTube and frankly I'm sad I can't play it , but of course buying a PS Vita for the sole purpose of playing that is a bit... eh.
On the other hand, I tried reading Danganronpa Zero but I just found that the writing was terrible. Perhaps it was the translation's fault, dunno, but it was a rather unpleasant experience, so I dropped it.
DR Zero's writing (or the translation, no clue either) is indeed atrocious. I had to struggle a lot to reach the end of it. It's a shame because the story is actually pretty interesting. It's better to just read a summary.
Old 2016-08-07, 14:19   Link #37
stray
aniki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
DR Zero's writing (or the translation, no clue either) is indeed atrocious. I had to struggle a lot to reach the end of it. It's a shame because the story is actually pretty interesting. It's better to just read a summary.
The TL was done by a lot of different people but I thought it was passable, at least. Also keep in mind that the viewpoint character for the majority of the story is Ryoko, who is very much presented as an unreliable narrator, and not necessarily as that sympathetic either.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 16:06   Link #38
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't know about DR Zero, but I tried reading DR IF... I couldn't finish it. It was just too.... wordy.
Old 2016-08-08, 05:40   Link #39
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
The TL was done by a lot of different people but I thought it was passable, at least. Also keep in mind that the viewpoint character for the majority of the story is Ryoko, who is very much presented as an unreliable narrator, and not necessarily as that sympathetic either.
That is indeed true, but what I'm talking about is sheer quality of writing. You can write a novel from the POV of an unreliable AND unsympathetic narrator and still don't write it like shit. The writing in Zero was all over the place, sometimes you wouldn't understand what was going on, other times the dialogue was supposed to sound "chatty" but sounded more like a random generator threw words together without sense. That's why I suspect translation shenanigans are involved, I've often seen this kind of thing in Light Novels and sometimes it looks like someone relied on Google Translate a bit too much here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't know about DR Zero, but I tried reading DR IF... I couldn't finish it. It was just too.... wordy.
I managed to finish DR IF, even noticing it as wordy it's kind of par for the course for Light Novels; I didn't manage to get past the first volume of DR Zero. So imagine how THAT is .

Old 2016-08-08, 08:32   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well idk how else to describe it. I've read Suzumiya Haruhi, and Harry Potter, and I would not describe those as "wordy". I mean, there are words, but none of them feel wasted. In IF, they do.

In particular, the action scenes are terrible to get through. Not every muscle movement needs to be described. It's very jarring when people do that.