AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 4 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 41.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-08-16, 01:09   Link #21
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
As I thought Byakuya in charge now, with Tengan demise and Kyousuke fallen there is nothing suit to assume leader mantle in Future Foundation except Byakuya.
The shit getting crazier now, i know after DR2 event Izuru might has gone but i really hope he is not entirely gone yet, we still not see Izuru badasness yet.

Now i wonder that future the weedman saw (lol that weedman in weeds,it seem Kodaka does aware about fortuneman weed jokes by fandom)

This guy from MAL wrote interesting theory regarding Hajime-Izuru status
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlCiel View Post
In the epilogue, Izuru did not lie in his own internal monologue. I went back to watch it, and these are his exact words:

"There’s no such thing as an answered mystery…It’s doubtful whether or not things will even end well. The future isn’t a path, it’s like an endless sea. You can try to go anywhere…But it doesn’t mean you’ll get there. Even so, I will keep on living. I will keep on living as Hajime Hinata.

What we can interpret from this monologue is that Izuru has resolved to go on living as Hinata, which would describe perhaps even his physical transformation. Now that I read it again, these words really do seem like they would come from Izuru's mouth. If you rewatch the epilogue, both Togami and Kirigiri sort of were hesitant about Hinata and leaving the remnants of despair on the island. With this episode, it really solidfies the fact that Izuru is not completely erased from existence after the game; that dark, twisted side still resides in him. Now, we are not completely sure of Izuru/Hinata's motives, but we can't assume that he's good just because he resolves to live as Hinata.

Just like Munakata said: This is reality. Real life. Sure, people can learn to be happy, share happy memories in a game, but not once reality strikes: reality that you are not who you think you are. That people artificially stored your existence into the back of your mind, literally ruined and experimented on you. That fact doesn't go away when you wake up.Remember that Izuru strongly resents the world, people, and harbors deep hatred in him that didn't just disappear after getting out of the game. Literally, his options, his future, is open to anything: good or evil. One thing we do know, though: Izuru seems to have already predicted the ships coming to the island. It makes you question his motives: Why would he stay on the island knowing this would happen? Izuru is greatly talented + intelligent, this is why he always appears bored because he is extremely gifted in predicting, and basically everything.

But, I think you do bring up a good point that we may have all forgotten. Sure, Hinata is not standing on the island in this episode, however Hinata IS in Izuru. Izuru now has a better idea after the game of the person he was before he was transformed into Izuru. Before, Hinata probably existed as a concept, but now his presence his more real to Izuru. This means that Hinata somehow does reside within Hinata. In SDR2, during the last trial, Junko saw Hinata's resolve and determination to make his own future...but Junko is VERY confused. She even questions whether there's something wrong with the game, because she sees Izuru before her, even though it is supposedly Hinata.

They are one in the same. Izuru displays qualities of Hinata, and Hinata shares the hatred and resentment of Izuru, which creates this distorted person who is a combination of both. The fact that Izuru is still Hinata means that we cannot assume that Hinata has the same objectives as Izuru.
Regardless Hinata might has return but Izuru still within him, which possible unlike the previous where there is 100% Izuru and 0% Hajime.
Hajime status most likely 50% Hajime and 50% Izuru, To describe there are two personality fight over Hajime body atm.
__________________

Last edited by Oberstein; 2016-08-16 at 01:43.
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 01:59   Link #22
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 34
Well if Chisa wasn't dead then she's dead now!

It was actually never stated outright that only one person can be killed by the perp every sleepy time, so while one of those two could have been killed by someone else, the perp could have also chosen to kill 2 people. I'm actually thinking that Ruruka killed her... er... boyfriend and crazy pharamcist chick was the real killer's victim.

As for Monaca, well, I think this episode shows without a doubt it's not her. She seems hell bent on getting Naegi out of there alive for her own intentions, most likely revenge or something. She has her own agenda and it apparently requires Naegi surviving this game. In a way Byakuya was probably right not to tell them that the real Gekkogahara's dead so as not to alarm Monaca who's apparently controlling the fake from Touwa City.

On that end it's nice to see Touko and Komaru plus panty shot. Looks like we're also getting some sort of closure to the Ultra Despair Girls storyline with this one.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 02:04   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
As I thought Byakuya in charge now, with Tengan demise and Kyousuke fallen there is nothing suit to assume leader mantle in Future Foundation except Byakuya.
The shit getting crazier now, i know after DR2 event Izuru might has gone but i really hope he is not entirely gone yet, we still not see Izuru badasness yet.

Now i wonder that future the weedman saw (lol that weedman in weeds,it seem Kodaka does aware about fortuneman weed jokes by fandom)

This guy from MAL wrote interesting theory regarding Hajime-Izuru status


Regardless Hinata might has return but Izuru still within him, which possible unlike the previous where there is 100% Izuru and 0% Hajime.
Hajime status most likely 50% Hajime and 50% Izuru, To describe there are two personality fight over Hajime body atm.
If this theory holds true, then Hajime is suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder.

While the truth on how Hajime and Izuru coexist in one body will ultimately be revealed in the Despair Arc, it's been speculated that after the Kamakura Experiment Izuru took full control at some point and the Hajime that Nanami knew was completely suppressed. In DID you have the possibility of personality cycling depending on circumstance. This may be the case after his release from the simulation on Jabberwock island.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 03:48   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
Well, if it's like you say, and it is in fact Kamukura who remembers being Hinata, then that would mean he would also have all of Kamukura's abilities.

Which means he can't go down that easily.


Either way, clearly this episode was meant to signal the second act, wouldn't you say? The real fun begins now.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 04:37   Link #25
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
Yes,i take it episode 6 onward still start the second act of D3 with half casts has killed, new (returned) casts will appears. I doubt Monaca really in Towa city because there was that gate the blacksmith discovered.
And everything going to relate at the end? will every main casts will gather at Kyousuke tower in final episode. Something tell me Kyousuke eventual fate is to become dead mad guy or dead heroic guy, and we don't see our boy Juuzo yet, i hope he still alive (not sarcasm)
__________________
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 06:29   Link #26
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Excuse me, I just finished catching up with this and I'm a little confused at the discussion. Why are we separating "culprit" and "mastermind" here? Aren't they one and the same? Hasn't the show outright shown that the mecha-chair girl is a fake, who made her the intruder/traitor, and therefore the one behind the killings? The real mecha-chair's head was turned 180 degrees as well, like the corpse of the securities. There is probably something in that mecha-chair that does exactly that, what with missiles and everything.

Although, I was a bit disappointed about the reveal. I noticed during the confrontation with Munekata, the mecha-chair girl turned right when she's about to carry Naegi, despite her saying her NG was to not turn right. As I was excited about finding such an important clue the show went and showed that she indeed is a fake, lol. Although we know this, it might be a clue for Naegi to figure out that she's a fake, or that at least she lied about her NG and work from there. I played the first game, and a clue like this is impossible to show with that format.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 06:34   Link #27
R.LocK
My turn
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Because it's Danganronpa.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 06:39   Link #28
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If this theory holds true, then Hajime is suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder.

While the truth on how Hajime and Izuru coexist in one body will ultimately be revealed in the Despair Arc, it's been speculated that after the Kamakura Experiment Izuru took full control at some point and the Hajime that Nanami knew was completely suppressed. In DID you have the possibility of personality cycling depending on circumstance. This may be the case after his release from the simulation on Jabberwock island.
This theory actually goes back to one of the things I think DR3 has been setting up to do, which is to show that the Hinata persona was never really "erased" or suppressed, so to speak, from apathetic Izuru. But we'll see in the coming weeks how that'll turn out.

And as for the Hajime/Izuru now, I don't buy that they have different objectives, or are fighting over the body, or are currently two personalities residing in one; Hajime is Izuru, simple as that, and the game simply made him remember his younger self, the Hinata persona. What I thought the DR2 ending implied was that Izuru, through the experience of the game, started to embrace his younger self, the Hinata persona that he originally lost, which I think broadly applies to the rest of the survivors as well. And it ties in to what the ending was mostly about, which is to accept yourself, strengths and flaws and all, and continue to strive for the future with it.


One other thing I wanted point out that's actually about the episode; I already knew from the ad spoilers that Togami was going to show up (see the discussion thread) but all this while, I thought he was going to be the 13th branch head. Now we find out he is in the same division as Kirigiri and Naegi as an acting head; well, then who is this mystery 13th branch leader that Aoi is substituting for? Considering the anime has made it a point to give us all the branch heads up to 14, i don't doubt this is something that will come up sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Excuse me, I just finished catching up with this and I'm a little confused at the discussion. Why are we separating "culprit" and "mastermind" here? Aren't they one and the same?
This isn't your first Danganronpa, is it? If so, well, strap yourself in for Kodaka's wild ride.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 07:03   Link #29
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
About Monaca involvement in this Killing game....

If Monaca is the mastermind and the one who killed people, then it will be simple and logical. But this is Danganronpa so it probably not that simple.

If we say that Monaca and mastermind are different person but..

A: She is working with Mastermind

While this surely explain how Monaca can free roam around the place with no interruption from the mastermind. However, I think Monaca is not the type who will work under someone order (unless that person is at Junko level). Moreover, she can control Monokuma and there is no reason why she has to hand over the control to someone else. If she need to work with someone, she probably on the top of the chain of command , but then that will mean she's the mastermind.

B: Mastermind and Monaca doesn't know each other

whether it is... Monaca unintentionally get caught in the mess but she finds it is a good chance to do something. OR Monaca found out about the mastermind plan in advance and decided to interfere it for her own goal.

The mastermind probably found out about Miaya being the robot controlled by (someone) since the first sleep time but then why he still let her in his game? Did Monaca hijacked the game from him? Why didn't mastermind do anything when they tried to contact future foundation?

Oh so many questions.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 10:36   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 32
I'm glad the anime won't be focusing solely on the the killing game. It will be great to see Jabberwock island and Towa city again.

Komaru is still wearing the same uniform, and it's getting tight in some places. I bet Touko is really jealous
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 12:52   Link #31
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
This isn't your first Danganronpa, is it? If so, well, strap yourself in for Kodaka's wild ride.
It's not my first, but it is only my second one.
Anyways, unlike the first game where the mastermind forced people to kill each other and become culprits, the culprit in this one is stated to be one traitor which gets to kill people during sleep time while everyone else get to try and eliminate that traitor during wake time. So basically a game of Werewolf/Mafia, Munekata even went and proposed voting right from the start.

So, to clear things up, can anyone explain which part of all this is exactly attributed to the mastermind and not the culprit?
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 15:36   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 32
The Mastermind is the one who abducted everyone, imposed the bracelet and is carefully observing everyone.
They pretty much are different persons, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Monokuma to talk with the attacker.

Of course, that doesn't mean there is only one attacker out in the woodwork.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 16:16   Link #33
Brother Coa
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Holy Terra
Great prelude episode, as everyone is gathering for big battle in the end.

So hacker girl is the real impostor? I do hoep ntohing bad will happen to Naegi and Aoi for being around her for much longer...

On the other hand Kirigiri is on investigating spree and hel pis coming. I cannot wait to see how is one men going to stand alone against entire fleet of battleships. xD
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 18:30   Link #34
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
How the heck is Hinata gonna fight a fleet of ships, even with the spy's help?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 18:40   Link #35
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Read My Sig :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
How the heck is Hinata gonna fight a fleet of ships, even with the spy's help?
he has all talent, he is Ultimate Kancolle Player

ez pz
__________________
~Anime Songs Chord~
latest update 1 September 2016
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 20:02   Link #36
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
It's not my first, but it is only my second one.
Anyways, unlike the first game where the mastermind forced people to kill each other and become culprits, the culprit in this one is stated to be one traitor which gets to kill people during sleep time while everyone else get to try and eliminate that traitor during wake time. So basically a game of Werewolf/Mafia, Munekata even went and proposed voting right from the start.

So, to clear things up, can anyone explain which part of all this is exactly attributed to the mastermind and not the culprit?
Yep, sorry, I missed your remark at the end of your first post, and I was being a little inconsiderate as well.

Adding to the explanations that Marina2 and Klashikari gave you on why Monoca, the attacker, and the mastermind are likely to be separate individuals; the reveal of Monoca came at too early a stage, that most people are treating it as a red herring and assuming she is neither mastermind nor attacker (but could still be linked to them).

There's also a couple of other assumptions at play; one is that Tengan's reveal means that the attacker is someone of significance to Munakata, and another is the series trend to have an ambiguous, mystery 16th "participant" that only gets revealed towards the end.

These are just off the top of my head, to generally give an impression of why people are expecting another reveal of the mastermind or attacker later on.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 23:32   Link #37
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 34
Another assumption is that Monaca has a different agenda for Naegi than the one controlling Monokuma.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 04:41   Link #38
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
I would like to address that Komaeda might return as the mastermind, anybody who played DAE or learned the story from internet should knew the relationship established betwen Komaeda and Monaca at end of another episode.
True, Komaeda status is coma in jaberwock island but that only in assumption we still don't know Komaeda exact fate.
It's implied Komaeda death in DR2 was intention from him, most likely he tried to killed himself to bet to escape from game world with his super duper luck. Komaeda could somehow awaken with him super luck and managed to escaped the island and avoided Naegi and co sight.
considering D3 is final saga for Naegi &despairs saga? they inevitably must return Komaeda for every hype they put on him or else we are going to riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Another assumption is that Monaca has a different agenda for Naegi than the one controlling Monokuma.
Maybe Monaka agenda is to suffer the hell out Naegi for Junko death while the attackers could be someone who has grudge toward FF who want to eliminate every FF members
Clearly, Monaca and mastermind must be ally because Monaca is the only one has Monokuma technology.
There something bothering me now why Monokuma lied the game being broadcasted?
I don't think Monokuma lied only for the lulz this must red herring attempt for mastermind ulterior motives.
__________________
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 04:56   Link #39
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
Komaeda being the mastermind would be a huge turnoff. Aside from him being "dead", there's the whole thing where he is looking for the greatest hope, not despair.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 05:03   Link #40
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
Komaeda is Naegi darker opposite, his hope is twisted and the ending of AE has established Komaeda being ally or mentor to Monaka.
Regardless they have to return Komaeda in DR3-future arc to fulfill his long time built hype.
__________________
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.