AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-13, 15:29   Link #121
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@Eclipze: Oh you can bet I don't want to watch it at all, yuri not being my kinda thing, but I'd be a fool to miss an anime with someone as wonderful as Tomari just for that. I already said I'll pass on it until I am sure what happens in the end. Whether or not Hazumu actually reverts back to a boy is not the point since I'll still watch the entire show; I just want to mentally prepare myself for the ending, whatever it is.

And take what I have said as a compliment to the show. There aren't very many anime that can boast an interesting character that it even draws attention from people who don't enjoy that genre.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 15:31   Link #122
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

His best friend has the best reaction of the bunch

What happen if you best just turn into a hot chick what kind of reaction would you guys get.
Old 2006-01-13, 16:47   Link #123
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun
I just saw this first ep, i dont know to continue, so can someone tell me how it is..

well it be comedy stuff like him touching his breast, going into girls bathrooms, and such hillriatly all stick around..

IF its the otherway, he likes being a girl, as by the ending. says i was women hear me roar.. then all pass.. seems a little to transgendery, and odd... all pass..
It's a harem, it's gonna be funny. It might later be that but not for at least 10 episodes.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 17:14   Link #124
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
It is pretty interesting.

I've been reading the manga, and I quite like it. It reminds me of the webcomic Misfile in the fact that a boy turns into a girl. I dunno if it's just me, but these storylines are somewhat interesting.
Misfile does it right. And by the looks of the preview for episode two of Kashimashi, they might just have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^

What happen if you best just turn into a hot chick what kind of reaction would you guys get.
Stunned, but would probably laugh. That being that this time he'll finally get his way on the walk at the local titty bar.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 17:29   Link #125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

If I knew it were permament, I'd say --- wow, elite hot looking gamer chick who's my best friend ... i'm in so deep water with wife.
Old 2006-01-13, 18:34   Link #126
ultrataro

Well, there's not much out so we can't tell you much about how it is. However I'd say stick around for the next ep at least since it looks like they're going shopping for her(xhis) new underwear, and as said this show is aiimed at seinen audience so it'll prob have some of what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun
I just saw this first ep, i dont know to continue, so can someone tell me how it is..

well it be comedy stuff like him touching his breast, going into girls bathrooms, and such hillriatly all stick around..

IF its the otherway, he likes being a girl, as by the ending. says i was women hear me roar.. then all pass.. seems a little to transgendery, and odd... all pass..
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:26   Link #127
Furudanuki

I've watched the first episode now, and the jury is still out on this one. The premise is interesting and I can see the potential for a good show. I'm not even going to speculate as to why the aliens changed Hazumu into a girl - just going to file it under "some things mankind was just not meant to know" and move on. I'm sure the next couple of episodes will probably have a lot of "OMG, I have boobs!" and "I'm in the wrong bath/locker room" moments, so I'm going to watch a few more episodes and defer judgement until I see whether or not the series moves beyond that.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:34   Link #128
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
I've watched the first episode now, and the jury is still out on this one. The premise is interesting and I can see the potential for a good show. I'm not even going to speculate as to why the aliens changed Hazumu into a girl - just going to file it under "some things mankind was just not meant to know" and move on. I'm sure the next couple of episodes will probably have a lot of "OMG, I have boobs!" and "I'm in the wrong bath/locker room" moments, so I'm going to watch a few more episodes and defer judgement until I see whether or not the series moves beyond that.
Hopefully the Anime will follow the manga on this, since the manga only had a few moments of this. The main character accepted his lifestyle change pretty well.

Most of the ecchi reaction will come form his/her dad, who always want to bath with a daughter and his/her best friend who is trying to figure how treat him/her and it doesn't help that he/she has very good size boobs.

It concentrate mostly on the development of the lesbian love triangel. This is one anime i want a harem ending.
Old 2006-01-13, 20:22   Link #129
Eclipze

Quote:
This is one anime i want a harem ending.
You mean Polygamy? Im not quite sure what harem means...do enlighten me.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:37   Link #130
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
You mean Polygamy? Im not quite sure what harem means...do enlighten me.
My personal defination is if the relationship has more then 2 girls then it is a Harem. And this one has three inlcuding the main character.
Old 2006-01-13, 20:41   Link #131
Eclipze

Ah, but what did you mean by harem ending then? I thought harem meant a male lead with several girls to choose from, and that a polygamy ending involves marrying more than 1 girl (in this case, more than 1 girl in a yuri relationship. )
Old 2006-01-13, 20:58   Link #132
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Ah, but what did you mean by harem ending then? I thought harem meant a male lead with several girls to choose from, and that a polygamy ending involves marrying more than 1 girl (in this case, more than 1 girl in a yuri relationship. )
harems don't always have to have amale lead.

*points at Shizuru form Mai-Hime/Mai-otome
Old 2006-01-13, 21:03   Link #133
Eclipze

Hmm...but isnt polygamy ending and harem ending the same thing?
Old 2006-01-13, 21:49   Link #134
Sun-Ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka

edit: Also, for those who watch the subs, what does the "8*D" and "D^8" mean? It looked quite funny in combination with the faces though (^_~)

This were expression smiles ^^

"8*D" = YEEHA!
"D^8" = OMFG WTH

Old 2006-01-13, 22:16   Link #135
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Hmm... strange one, the story is just way out of this world though haha. Obviously aliens exist and despite their superior intelligence as evident by their technology, they somehow decided it was intelligent to screen a picture of the boy they just turned into a girl to the entire world...uh~huh~
I kinda explained what I think the reason is on Pg6 here. I'm just not sure how in depth I should try analyzing it, since the series is from a young seinen magazine. There is the potential in it for some pretty deep drama/romance/comedy exploration, but since its meant for a younger audience I think they will probably gloss over what would be the best part and just go for the "ooh lesbians!" factor. I also commented how retarded the videoscreen stuff was and the zero explanation for why they changed.

The series has the vibes to me that it isn't really going to be about "OMG I have boobs!" and whatever other various ecchi things you can think about a boy might do. Since Hazumu was so feminine to begin with, and judging by the ED, I would just say that treating Hazumu like any other girl is probably what the manga-ka was going for -- the introduction is just used as a different twist on how to approach a lesbian love triangle (and apparently get it OK to air on TV Tokyo lol...)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 22:52   Link #136
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Quote:
Hopefully the Anime will follow the manga on this, since the manga only had a few moments of this. The main character accepted his lifestyle change pretty well.

Most of the ecchi reaction will come form his/her dad, who always want to bath with a daughter and his/her best friend who is trying to figure how treat him/her and it doesn't help that he/she has very good size boobs.

It concentrate mostly on the development of the lesbian love triangel. This is one anime i want a harem ending.

Well, putting in fanservice is fine and all, I just hope they don't go overboard with it like what they did with Karin. First time I'd ever wanna hit J.C. Staff .

But still, the best strengths of this show is the development of the yuri love triangle and Hazumu <3.
Old 2006-01-13, 23:01   Link #137
JediNight
キズランダム

You didn't want to hit them after Ai Yori Aoshi? ^_^;;
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 23:06   Link #138
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Well, putting in fanservice is fine and all, I just hope they don't go overboard with it like what they did with Karin. First time I'd ever wanna hit J.C. Staff .
I guess you never saw Eiken eh?
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 23:22   Link #139
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

You can't analyze this as if it were some guns-and-aliens SF epic. Not everything is going to make sense. It is a wild comedy. If you want to compare this to any SF plot, think of the absurdity of Hitchhiker's Guide. Plus some serious romance, a sex change and a lot of yuri.

If the anime is up to the manga, there will be some fairly deep comedy/drama/romance involved, to appeal to both younger and older seinen. And pleeeenty of yuri for both.

As for why they changed Hazumu's gender, that will be explained pretty straighforwardly.
Spoiler for things that will be revealed later:
And as for why they broadcast the picture, of course the main reason is so that they could have that amazing image in the manga/anime, but one implied reason is that by interstellar law, the aliens had to make an apology, as well as the restitution. How do you apologize to a whole planet except by some sort of broadcast?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 23:27   Link #140
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka
Hmm... strange one, the story is just way out of this world though haha. Obviously aliens exist and despite their superior intelligence as evident by their technology, they somehow decided it was intelligent to screen a picture of the boy they just turned into a girl to the entire world...uh~huh~

Interesting anime I suppose, because instead of the past series where the boy is a girl (or *close* to being a girl) this one starts off with everybody knowing that the boy 'turned into a girl' as opposed to the others where the boy just 'camoflagues' as a girl (which none of the other girls notice...hence the ecchi and humour hehe~) aka. 'Pretty Face' and the rest

The entire anime looks like one big excuse for Yuri which is perfectly fine with me~! Like Xellos I'm hoping for a 'lets all end up in one big yuri festival' type relationship...I don't really need the girl to turn back into a guy though~

Note: They had English that could be understood for once... I don't have a clue how much it costs to hire a half decent english speaker to say two-three lines, but I really rather the production teams just stuck with everybody speaking Japanese. The control center resembled something like the last LAN-party I attended so I don't think we'd be bothered if the staff spoke Japanese instead of corny English lines...

edit: Also, for those who watch the subs, what does the "8*D" and "D^8" mean? It looked quite funny in combination with the faces though (^_~)
Now when has intelligence ever menat tack or wisdom? Some of the most intellignet people out are also the least senstive and mostl to say soemthing to offend becuase they don't know when to shut up.

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri