AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-12, 19:22   Link #101
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post
Thing with Sekai is that she's not at all a strong willed character. She's easily pushed around and cowers down from confrontation. She's quite dependant in her relationship with Makoto. Her boyfriend will have to support her and make sure she's well taken care of, but Makoto, being a useless tool, fails in this role.

Sekai doesn't have a mean bone her body, she just needs the support of a decent guy. Makoto's abuse of her and abandonment is crime against men, he just needs to die.
huh? Makoto is a fool BUT what does that have to do with Sekai's inherent character flaw. Really, she has only her self to blame for being that weak to begin with. Her lack of strong will is not a defence for her actions, thats like saying "oh I failed my examin, it must be fate, it is meant to be". Really, what is Sekai? a 7 year old kid that has to be taken care of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
Dont know if anyone has said it, but does Sekai remind anyone of Tomo?
Which Tomo are you refering to? The one in Kenshine OVA? If so, no, because her choice much harder to make ( to kill or not to kill a boy) vs screw or not to screw around with Makoto.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2007-09-12, 19:40   Link #102
Orin GA

No, Tomo from azumanga
Old 2007-09-12, 19:47   Link #103
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
No, Tomo from azumanga
Kinda, of course Tomo or any main character excluding that lesbian girl could even find a guy. Sekai seems to have found someone.
Old 2007-09-12, 21:37   Link #104
komichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf View Post
huh? Makoto is a fool BUT what does that have to do with Sekai's inherent character flaw. Really, she has only her self to blame for being that weak to begin with. Her lack of strong will is not a defence for her actions, thats like saying "oh I failed my examin, it must be fate, it is meant to be". Really, what is Sekai? a 7 year old kid that has to be taken care of?
That's exactly why she got screwed over in the end, it's not particularly 'his' fault, it's just she's not strong enough to support herself or enough to keep him on a leash. And this is also karma biting her in the ass for sneaking behind Katsura.

I'm not saying I dislike Sekai or anything (she's much better than the 3 hos, that for sure). But I just want to point out that she was the root of Makoto's corruption. So instead of just hating the beast, hate its creator as well.
Old 2007-09-13, 00:15   Link #105
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Sekai actually started out pretty good but as things went on she (at least to me) become more and more contemptable, I mean WTF, practicing grouping with Makoto (not that Makoto is any better for agreeing).

As for emotions and the right to slap someone, Makoto and Sekai could at least have the decency to tell Konoha about the change in relationship before they get it on, its not so much as right or wrong but I personally feel that the other party has a right to know, there is no law demanding it but I would think it common sense if not common decency.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2007-09-13, 00:37   Link #106
komichi

That was what I was kind of wondering too, in most (if not all) high school romance, don't you break things off with your partner if you no longer have feeling for them and move on?

Makoto must be feeling laziness wounding up his ass so he didn't want to tell Katsura and have to deal with the emotional crap.

Sekai on the other hand is most likely afraid of telling Katsura because she was the one who set them up in the first place. But later on that didn't really matter to her anymore.
Old 2007-09-13, 00:37   Link #107
GUTB_

Sekai, as noted, shies away from confrontation. She's very reluctant to face Kotonoha, which is a very bad matchup with Makoto who is just cowardly. However, in the game, she DOES finally build up the courage, but just as she was going to come clean, Kotonoha (who at this time still doesn't suspect Sekai) pulls out a knife and admits that she was going to find out which girl was seducing Makoto and stab her through the neck. Kotonoha thinks it was Otome, and gave up due to their difference in physical strength. Sekai looses her courage and goes on the retreat.
Old 2007-09-13, 21:45   Link #108
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf View Post
Sekai actually started out pretty good but as things went on she (at least to me) become more and more contemptable, I mean WTF, practicing grouping with Makoto (not that Makoto is any better for agreeing).
I agree that her tactics for getting to Makoto were a little, well bad, but I also think that its to be expected of someone who is so obviously head over heels for a guy. If there were to be a happy ending between Makoto and another girl, Im rooting for it to be Sekai, because she sacrificed so much to get close to him in the beginning and I think she deserves him most (though I can't see why anyone would want to be with a douche bag like Makoto).
Old 2007-09-25, 04:11   Link #109
haiz123321
Obey me world!

@komichi:You would usually break off but no one wants to break off with the other party feeling sad/depressed and there's also the courage issue...

and since they are in the middle/high school(should be high but not sure) days, their issues are more or less what we face in everyday life, cause if someone likes a person of the opposite gender, if the other party requests to have sex/intimate actions, chances of them resisting is close to 0% so we can't really label Sekai as loose or anything since it was her first time with Itou.

But yes, I agree that her ways of getting Itou is wrong but nevertheless, was she even thinking clearly at that time?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-09-28, 04:37   Link #110
Wheelman56

Quote:
Dont know if anyone has said it, but does Sekai remind anyone of Tomo?
That was the FIRST thing that came to my mind when I first saw her. A hot, better animated version of Tomo.
Old 2007-09-28, 05:17   Link #111
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by komichi View Post
That was what I was kind of wondering too, in most (if not all) high school romance, don't you break things off with your partner if you no longer have feeling for them and move on?
In any romance, highschool or not, if you act like a moron, you got kicked by your girl (unless the girl is a moron too). period.

Sekai is as bad as Makoto, that one I'm sure.
Old 2007-09-28, 13:30   Link #112
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Usually the main male character is a fixated pervert. In School Days, all the characters are fixated perverts. What they all needed was a sane person to give them a collective slap.

My final thoughts on Sekai was pretty well surmised by Setsuna. Sekai pretended to be the nice girl and help Makoto but all along she wanted him for herself. And then she got a delusion that he loved her and only her despite lots of evidence of the contrary. In a way it is her fault for building up her expectations.
Old 2007-09-28, 21:38   Link #113
alphabetdude
SKBP KID

Sekai was just a girl who was disillusioned. She thought she could get Makoto by trying to hook him up / Let him practice with her / Having sex with her. However , this caused Makoto to only see her as a sex toy or a friend with benefits. Sekai could have gotten Makoto if she had not interfered . If she just let Makoto be a regular Average frustrated chump she would have easily gotten him and controlled him as well. But instead she had to be nosy in his love life. Everything that occured had a reason. She was the reason we got Playa Makoto -Sex fiend Makoto. If she didnt teach him how to kiss and do some moves he would have never been popular with the ladies. I think she is as much as fault as Makoto.

But beats him by a nose as she Killed him, Girl why would you kill him. He may be a wishy-washy , douchebag , little pu$$y but he was still a human being . If she wanted him to suffer she should have made him pay for child support and leave him indebt ( If she was pregnant that is lol ) or could have told the police that he raped her and send to him to jail to rot slowly. Now that is Punishment , death is only a sweet escape compared to the unforgiving living hell we call prison.
Old 2007-09-28, 21:53   Link #114
butter_sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetdude View Post
Sekai was just a girl who was disillusioned. She thought she could get Makoto by trying to hook him up / Let him practice with her / Having sex with her. However , this caused Makoto to only see her as a sex toy or a friend with benefits. Sekai could have gotten Makoto if she had not interfered . If she just let Makoto be a regular Average frustrated chump she would have easily gotten him and controlled him as well. But instead she had to be nosy in his love life. Everything that occured had a reason. She was the reason we got Playa Makoto -Sex fiend Makoto. If she didnt teach him how to kiss and do some moves he would have never been popular with the ladies. I think she is as much as fault as Makoto.

But beats him by a nose as she Killed him, Girl why would you kill him. He may be a wishy-washy , douchebag , little pu$$y but he was still a human being . If she wanted him to suffer she should have made him pay for child support and leave him indebt ( If she was pregnant that is lol ) or could have told the police that he raped her and send to him to jail to rot slowly. Now that is Punishment , death is only a sweet escape compared to the unforgiving living hell we call prison.
And that is the difference between Sekai and Kotonoha via game endings. Kotonoha in her craze suicided and caused Makoto and Sekai to split and forever traumatized him and with guilt. If I can recall the end exactly, he works for his mom after finishing highschool and never had a gf since. Painful conscience for him~
Old 2007-09-29, 04:39   Link #115
mistyken

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetdude View Post

well not quite. first of all, sekai didnt try to get makoto initially. she wasnt sure about her own feeling. yes, she cares about makoto. she wants the guy to be happy. it's the kind of genuine love which initially start as simply good will and care for another.

but another side of her wants to be near makoto, but for some reason she just couldnt take the extra step and ask for his love. so the best solution for her was to hook makoto up with her friend, first was setsuna(explained in eps 12), then kotonoha. she thought being "makoto's gf's best friend" can put her in a position where she can ensure and safeguard the well being of the man she loves.

but in the end, slowly she start to realize her truth feeling for makoto and she realized she just couldnt lose the guy. If she can really realize her love for makoto and go for it, the story wouldnt happen this way.

If u've watched Saikano(最終兵器彼女, Saishu Heiki Kanojo), the character Akemi in that show is very similar to Sekai.
Old 2007-10-07, 12:54   Link #116
GameShark03

Sekai is the best friend kinda person. Tries to put others before her, but she is immature to realize what her own feelings are. Her name means the "world", but i think its wrong that she plays the role of Cupid or God to try pair people up and supervise their relationship.

She is like the girl next door, your childhood friend that supports you, but you havent realized that she might have a crush on you, since your mentally set that she is under your "Best Friend" category. Sekai knew how Makoto felt, what he would do and tries to train him to be a proper person so that he wont two-timer in a relationship. She tried that hard .. and got into a real nasty mess with Makoto (but Makoto is really a brainless and uncaring douchebag)

If anyone had to take out Makoto, it'd be Sekai. But by doing that, she unleashes the Psycho Kotonoha .. now she's scary .. i dont know whether to pity her or to run away! *shivers*
Old 2007-10-15, 10:18   Link #117
InkMaster

It's actually interesting how much people think that she was the "mastermind" - one who planned everything out from beginning to end. After watching all the episodes, the way I see it is while she did sincerely want to help at the beginning, towards the end, just as all the other characters she lost control of her emotions and got "pulled in" to the whole thing.
Old 2007-10-17, 21:18   Link #118
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I think sekai is world in english right?
I think the story goes like this....We can put it as in moral thinking...sekai as her name's meaning is full of desires... take a look around the world is full of seduction and lust...... Human managed to find love but the world showed him a lot of immoral things that made him lose himself.......The story goes that if the human managed to resist his desires in the world... He could be in heaven...and total happiness... Think of Makoto as human and heaven as kotonoha....
Old 2007-10-18, 01:20   Link #119
InkMaster

now thats deep... indeed something to think about
Old 2008-01-04, 15:33   Link #120
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I remember the words Sekai uttered that my gut feeling knew spelt doom... It was in the fourth episode, right exactly at 12:12 - Thanks to that, I now have the foresight to turn down any girl, no matter how gorgeous, when I'm around with another girl. This should apply to anyone who doesn't want psychological breakdowns and mayhem to ensue.
Closed Thread