3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 14:16   Link #1161
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
I'm arguing not because i want to see him alive but because there was really no reason for him to set himself up to die just to obtain the results that happened at the end of the series. Crimes? He sees himself as someone who can influence the world not someone who has to pay for his actions.(that would be Suzaku)
He'd have all kinds of legacy problems if he didn't kill himself this way. There would be underground resistance movements through the entire tenure of his reign, and the moment he died naturally, the world would fracture and end up in chaos with everyone killing everyone else.

He's a bit naive though (or the writers wanted it to be too convenient). Even if a dictator dies and there is some period of peace and cooperation, it'll probably dissolve amidst power-gathering and backstabbing before the year is out. There's no such thing as perpetual peace. His so called "future" is merely the start of another cycle - all he did was displace the starting point a bit, nothing more.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:16   Link #1162
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering how C.C. "died" during R1 and R2, we can assume that an immortal actually "dies", but their body immediately recovers.
Also, if we follow the "code theory", we can speculate that Lelouch actually was still human, hence the "death" pattern for his body, then the code kicks in when he died.

The only "problem" would be: how actually lelouch would be able to get away, once he is "back"? Not like people wouldn't freak out to see a body missing, or a walking dead.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:17   Link #1163
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
All in all, at least this series is over

now we wait a week for the insanity that 00 season 2 brings with it... dammit, I hope I get a happy ending out of a dramatic show in this upcoming fall season

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:17   Link #1164
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGoNe View Post
Nunally's little bit at the end after realizing the truth of Zero's Requiem at the time of Lelouch's death was heart wrenching.
i hated her when she opened her eyes at the end of ep 24....i pitied her when she fell on the steps of the stairs..and i loved her when she showed her love for lelouche in the end
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:18   Link #1165
Miraploy

Lol Xinghe didn't get invited to the wedding. Either that or he finally croaked.
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:18   Link #1166
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering how C.C. "died" during R1 and R2, we can assume that an immortal actually "dies", but their body immediately recovers.
Also, if we follow the "code theory", we can speculate that Lelouch actually was still human, hence the "death" pattern for his body, then the code kicks in when he died.

The only "problem" would be: how actually lelouch would be able to get away, once he is "back"? Not like people wouldn't freak out to see a body missing, or a walking dead.
Who is going to notice that the "dead person" is not only breathing, but has no wounds from a giant sword?

It would clearly take a genius to figure that out.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:18   Link #1167
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
he is Zero, the man of miracles
Old 2008-09-28, 14:20   Link #1168
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:

orange knew the plan..and orange is in charge of everything under lelouche..there's also nothing in the show that says that lelouche HAS to be immediately revived by the code after dying..at least, it has never been shown to be the case..so who's to say he can't come back to life after orange moves his corpse out to the countryside...likewise..lelouche already geassed all the other people working under him..so he could have them move his body away and then totally forget they did that
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:21   Link #1169
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
he is Zero, the man of miracles
... lol yea 'nuff said... in the world of Code Geass, lelouch MAKES his own rules.
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:21   Link #1170
lousylaus

Well I just watched it and hmm, I don't know if Like it or not so I guess I'm just gonna say I'm indifferent.

I also thought at first that since Lelouch had Geass, he might've been immortal and they would just fake his death and he would then disappear far away from everyone, but heh, it really looks like he's dead and I guess that's fine.

As for Suzaku, since they didn't show anything after his Lancelot blew up and it was kinda too fast for him to go, I knew something was up. But basically he is dead too, atleast the name Kururugi Suzaku is. So I guess that means he'll always stays behind the mask and never reveal himself to anyone. That kinda sucks. But Lelouch said it too, it's punishment for him too.

I wonder if he could atleast show his face to people who know nothing about him, like outside of Japan? If he can't, does that seem like a punishment even worse than death? Never showing your face to anyone for as long as you live while working and giving everything you have for others. That's tough!
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:21   Link #1171
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
... lol yea 'nuff said... in the world of Code Geass, lelouch MAKES his own rules.
he owned god lol, it really is the case !
Old 2008-09-28, 14:21   Link #1172
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
I really support the theory that Lelouch is still alive but one thing REALLY REALLY bugs me and that is the "black ring" that appears around the people's eye when they about to die WAS in fact on Lelouch ... i.e. Shirley when she dies and WONT be coming back for sure will have this like panda eye before she dies, also, Rolo had that panda eye thing on them... so I don't know... I am still torned I wish Sunrise would make it clear for us!!
Didnt cornilla have those black rings Season 1?
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:22   Link #1173
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
He could have atleast asked the guy to take a picture with him before he died.
lol

yea I'm sure Nunally wouldn't mind snapping a few photographs :P
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:22   Link #1174
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousylaus View Post
Well I just watched it and hmm, I don't know if Like it or not so I guess I'm just gonna say I'm indifferent.

I also thought at first that since Lelouch had Geass, he might've been immortal and they would just fake his death and he would then disappear far away from everyone, but heh, it really looks like he's dead and I guess that's fine.

As for Suzaku, since they didn't show anything after his Lancelot blew up and it was kinda too fast for him to go, I knew something was up. But basically he is dead too, atleast the name Kururugi Suzaku is. So I guess that means he'll always stays behind the mask and never reveal himself to anyone. That kinda sucks. But Lelouch said it too, it's punishment for him too.

I wonder if he could atleast show his face to people who know nothing about him, like outside of Japan? If he can't, does that seem like a punishment even worse than death? Never showing your face to anyone for as long as you live while working and giving everything you have for others. That's tough!
well nunnaly knows the truth so does Kallen.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:23   Link #1175
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Here's the problem if Lelouch fakes his death than I have lost all respect.

He trashes the world, than all he does is leave it to Suzaku to fix? It worse than Gundam Seed Destiny's ending, at least in that one Lacus sticks around to help fix up the place.

Instead of repenting Lelouch runs away like a coward
I think you're missing the point. Lelouch garnered all the hatred and took on all the sins of everybody. Charles, marianne, suzaku, nunally and when he died, he took it all with him. In doing so, it gives the world the freedom it needed. That was his requiem. As for leaving Suzaku to fix, he doesn't leave anything behind. Suzaku as Zero is merely a tool to make sure that the freedom and peace that Zero had bestowed on the world continues.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:23   Link #1176
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
Didnt cornilla have those black rings Season 1?
That's true... orz I need an OVA or 25.25 or something to show him dead or alive!!!! let's storm the director's office and force them to spit out the answer... but in all honesty I don't think the writer/director WANTS him alive or not either lol... that's why they made the ending like this... so ambiguous.
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:24   Link #1177
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
orange knew the plan..and orange is in charge of everything under lelouche..there's also nothing in the show that says that lelouche HAS to be immediately revived by the code after dying..at least, it has never been shown to be the case..so who's to say he can't come back to life after orange moves his corpse out to the countryside...likewise..lelouche already geassed all the other people working under him..so he could have them move his body away and then totally forget they did that
That could "work", however, jeremiah had to ensure the safety of all people still "loyal" to lelouch. As result, I would actually be a bit skeptical about the removal of the body, as it would be a bit difficult.
That said, I never implied that he has to get his revival ASAP, otherwise, Nunally would see through of it.

The biggest problem is how people would certainly stay on guard if they don't have the hide of their so called "demon" in their possession. Even if people saw Lelouch being stabbed, I would expect them to make sure he is really dead, and trash out his body asap, instead of toying with him so Jeremiah can salvage it.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:24   Link #1178
Gt_max

Quote:
He would probably come back whenever the World really needs him. And ofcourse after many hundred years ppl would eventually forgot who he was...
Gt_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:24   Link #1179
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Here's the problem if Lelouch fakes his death than I have lost all respect.

He trashes the world, than all he does is leave it to Suzaku to fix? It worse than Gundam Seed Destiny's ending, at least in that one Lacus sticks around to help fix up the place.

Instead of repenting Lelouch runs away like a coward
Why is that exactly? He's played out his role, should even he or Suzaku take up the burden of the new world by themselves? Of course not, the greateste gift they can both give is to reveal to people the way in which they themselves will uphold this peace which they wish deep in their hearts but did not have a way to grasp it, until now, until Zero and until Geass, the manifestation of their dreams made into reality. You just said that his death would be him running away, do you not think that if he was alive he would be better off atoning for perhaps all eternity and watch over this peace silently from the shadows, but also restrain himself in his belief that the people will move to sustain it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
He'd have all kinds of legacy problems if he didn't kill himself this way. There would be underground resistance movements through the entire tenure of his reign, and the moment he died naturally, the world would fracture and end up in chaos with everyone killing everyone else.

He's a bit naive though (or the writers wanted it to be too convenient). Even if a dictator dies and there is some period of peace and cooperation, it'll probably dissolve amidst power-gathering and backstabbing before the year is out. There's no such thing as perpetual peace. His so called "future" is merely the start of another cycle - all he did was displace the starting point a bit, nothing more.
Ah, but Lelouch's plan was two-fold in his creation and projection of a hated image that is to be challenged, along with the inspiration drawn up from the hero that is Zero. His faith lies in the belief of human will and decency, that deep down they all yearn and struggle for a better tomorrow, and that will provide the counter balance to power struggle. Whereas war and domination were the mainstream, that will now subside before peace and resolution
Old 2008-09-28, 14:25   Link #1180
Lelouch71
Black Angel

All I have to say damn you Taniguichi for leaving it ambiguous. I hope he gives us some confirmation of Lelouch's fate. Whether he is dead, alive, or left to the fans interpretation. If he is alive, technically he is dead to the world and the people who care about him. He can't go back to Nunnally or Suzaku. Not to mention if he was immortal he will outlive them so it better if they think he is dead. This way if anything happens after Suzaku and Nunnally dies he can come back to make sure the world is still in order.

Either way it was a beautiful "death" and I like how Lelouch gave the torch to Suzaku. It was kind of like Kamina giving the torch to Simon.
Lelouch71 is offline   Reply With Quote