AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 01:07   Link #1261
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Aren't some of the old characters the boss in this game?
I'm curious of this as well, like how the heroes of diablo1 presumably became bosses in diablo2 (hell, one of them becomes diablo lol).

Actually I think I did read somewhere that our characters from D2 will be corrupted somehow in D3.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:04   Link #1262
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There was a though early on the the player Barbarian (male) would be the same character as D2. But I think they scrapped that.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:42   Link #1263
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Aren't some of the old characters the boss in this game?
How so? D2 charecters didn't put soulstone on their forehaed after defeated Diablo.

Personally, I quite like Leah = Diablo theory that floating around internet.
Old 2012-04-27, 04:17   Link #1264
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
How so? D2 charecters didn't put soulstone on their forehaed after defeated Diablo.
I don't know. I just remember there is used to be a rumor about a leaked image of Diablo 3's bosses, and some theory about the old characters returns as bosses appeared.
Even
Spoiler for Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled about the story in D3:
Old 2012-04-27, 04:30   Link #1265
Xacual

Well a necromancer being a boss isn't too crazy. Isn't the whole point of their order that they believe in balance between good and evil. The only reason the necromancers joined the fight for good in 2 was because the evil side of the scales was way out there compared to good.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 06:36   Link #1266
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Yeah I'm curious how the story will explain our previous heroes from D2. What would be awesome is if they were available as epic npc teammates and they had their exclusive D2 skills
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 11:25   Link #1267
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC all that's been said about the D2 heroes is that their ordeals drove them to madness; I figure they were stuck in some place like the one Baal attacked. Dunno about them scrapping the Barbarian idea or not.
Old 2012-04-29, 20:24   Link #1268
Wigwams

Old 2012-05-01, 23:09   Link #1269
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Well, the Beta has closed. Time for the agonising wait for the game release. Made much more painful because I will be stuck in the jungle for a week before I can come back and play the game.

On the bright side... I won't need to experience the Hell of Week-01 log-in, and the bugs associated with it.

Having sampled all the Heroes up till Lvl-13, I am most definitely going to be focusing on the Wizard first. It helps also that her personality is the most colourful out of the five heroes. That laugh is infectious.

I also find it interesting that she is the only one whose Short Story directly references to the Hero that we get to play as in the actual game. In the other short stories, they only refer to the in-game heroes indirectly.

In short, there are many Barbarians, Monks, Demon Hunters, and Witch Doctors, but only one Wizard.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:17   Link #1270
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was nice knowing you Beta. But by now I'd gone through it so many time with all the characters that I'm ready to take a breather until the real thing arrives. Can only do so much.

I'm also going to start off with the Wizard. Probably will go male though. Still just having all that firepower will be a ton of fun. Besides back when D2 came out I had such a bad computer I couldn't play the magic classes, needed something that when the game lagged up I could just keep swinging with.

This will be a ton of fun.
Old 2012-05-02, 04:16   Link #1271
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, the Beta has closed. Time for the agonising wait for the game release. Made much more painful because I will be stuck in the jungle for a week before I can come back and play the game.

On the bright side... I won't need to experience the Hell of Week-01 log-in, and the bugs associated with it.

Having sampled all the Heroes up till Lvl-13, I am most definitely going to be focusing on the Wizard first. It helps also that her personality is the most colourful out of the five heroes. That laugh is infectious.

I also find it interesting that she is the only one whose Short Story directly references to the Hero that we get to play as in the actual game. In the other short stories, they only refer to the in-game heroes indirectly.

In short, there are many Barbarians, Monks, Demon Hunters, and Witch Doctors, but only one Wizard.

Cheers.
Actually, the Witch Doctor and Monk are unique in their kind as well.
Especially the Witch Doctor, he's an outcast who rebeled against his kind.
Old 2012-05-02, 04:17   Link #1272
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, but they're still monks and witch doctors. There's really one one person in the world who claimed the title of wizard.

*sigh* wanted to try the beta to see if it'd sway my mind, but I couldn't log in no matter how much I tried these past few days. A pity, since I am somewhat interested despite my hesitations on the whole online singleplayer. Though it does reaffirm my opinion that the online singleplayer system is a crappy system.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 08:42   Link #1273
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah, but they're still monks and witch doctors. There's really one one person in the world who claimed the title of wizard.

*sigh* wanted to try the beta to see if it'd sway my mind, but I couldn't log in no matter how much I tried these past few days. A pity, since I am somewhat interested despite my hesitations on the whole online singleplayer. Though it does reaffirm my opinion that the online singleplayer system is a crappy system.
Isn't the beta ended like, a week ago? Unless you're invited to closed beta, which is ended yesterday.
Old 2012-05-02, 10:28   Link #1274
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

When did you try to get in?

Open beta weekend ended last week and closed beta ended a day or two ago. Depending on when you tried the open beta you could have hit a little maintenance period. I know for a good portion of Friday they were down. However, at least for me they worked perfectly for the rest of Friday night and well into Sunday night (Eastern Time).
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:35   Link #1275
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Either way it's ended. I played the open beta and wasn't convinced. So you can wait with me for post-release reviews and game play videos

No matter how many petty complaints from me, there's still a diablo I nerd in me that wants this game.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:57   Link #1276
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Got the beta early in the year and was somewhat disappointed. I think I made the right choice of not playing the game ever since then as some anticipation is starting to grow within me again.

I am looking forward to playing the game with some of my old WoW friends!
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 01:59   Link #1277
Aesthetic Shampoo

Can i play this if i haven't played Diablo I or II?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 02:04   Link #1278
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes. There is little direct connection between the stories. At least nothing that the story won't fill you in on as you go.
Old 2012-05-05, 02:32   Link #1279
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

OH MY GOD..... Inferno bosses will have enrage timer.

All you non-raiders better be prepared.
Old 2012-05-05, 02:57   Link #1280
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
OH MY GOD..... Inferno bosses will have enrage timer.

All you non-raiders better be prepared.
Source ?

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler