AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 4 9.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 39.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-10, 19:42   Link #61
v1cious

Is it true that there's two more of these flashback eps before we get back to Akane?
Old 2013-01-10, 19:43   Link #62
kitten320

Looks like Yayoi was far more talk able in the past, wonder what made her silent...
Old 2013-01-10, 19:47   Link #63
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Looks like Yayoi was far more talk able in the past, wonder what made her silent...
good must admit that heroin is Akane and unfortunately it did not team up with Yayoi may therefore have to believe that this is the reason? I think that if it was full of team they have occasion to speak

or simply ... Yayoi is not talkative
Old 2013-01-10, 20:23   Link #64
Elestia

Lost a little bit of respect towards Sasayama as he tried to provoke that guy's coefficient to become high enough so that he could kill him.
Old 2013-01-10, 20:27   Link #65
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Lost a little bit of respect towards Sasayama as he tried to provoke that guy's coefficient to become high enough so that he could kill him.
yes but he did his because this man had a hostage he was going to kill... he probably could not venture to attempt anything
Old 2013-01-10, 20:30   Link #66
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I"m surprised that they're going to another character instead of elaborating more on how Akane was coping with the aftermath.

But Oh well. I'll say more once I see the episode.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:07   Link #67
Shalcker
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Shalcker
You can think of this episode as self-containted story, with everything about Yayoi explained by things happening there.

As such, i think most probable explanation to Yayoi coefficient rising is her jealousy. Strings (music) is what connected her to Rina, so even thinking about them led to her hue clouding. And when she met her and found out she is rebel, it became "if you can't be mine, you can't belong to anyone else". And the only way to satisfy that urge is to become an Enforcer.

And as there was no need for connection anymore, both strings and nail polish got abandoned in the end.

Quite enjoyable episode overall.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:14   Link #68
Kazu-kun

^ That's kinda what I was thinking about, but if that's it, it makes Yayoi an utterly selfish and childish character, and she didn't give me that impression until now. I'm kinda conflicted about her now....
Old 2013-01-10, 21:14   Link #69
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
You can think of this episode as self-containted story, with everything about Yayoi explained by things happening there.

As such, i think most probable explanation to Yayoi coefficient rising is her jealousy. Strings (music) is what connected her to Rina, so even thinking about them led to her hue clouding. And when she met her and found out she is rebel, it became "if you can't be mine, you can't belong to anyone else". And the only way to satisfy that urge is to become an Enforcer.

And as there was no need for connection anymore, both strings and nail polish got abandoned in the end.

Personally I did not understand the history of the guitar string that shows Kougami to convince Yayoi her to be a enforcer ...

strings of this brand are those used Rena? it was a package found on a crime scene?

(have not yet seen the episode in vostfr)
Old 2013-01-10, 21:32   Link #70
kitten320

I'm pretty sure creators are doing it on purpose in order to have stronger effect on audience once we see Akane again.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:35   Link #71
fatalblue
Dancin' and Dreamin'

I'm gonna go out on a limb an assume Yayoi's back story will continue next week hence the lack of clear reason for her becoming an enforcer & how why she became a latent criminal (There has to be more to it then a deep love for music) this ep.

And as much as I want to see the aftermath of ep 11 this is probably a good point as ever to pull any flashback/back story eps needed on the side characters (assuming they can't weave said stories w/in the main story line) so when we do get back to the main story it can run uninterrupted.

Overall this ep was good for what it was. In addition to some back story on Yayoi we got some more PP world building plus got to see Kogami as an inspector & the enforcer who's death lead to his very demotion. I'm invested enough in PP that I can deal with a short series of flashback ep especially if continued to be done well.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:38   Link #72
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Finally, after two weeks. While I'm glad that we get to see Yayoi's backstory, I have mixed feelings about the episode. It was OK, but not as solid as the previous ones. Ep 12 feels like an interlude to me, a break before we delve into episode 13.

I liked how the episode gave us a deeper insight to other aspects of the Sibyl System, such as its control over the music and art industry and the issue of authorized and unauthorized musicians, and their conflicting ways of thinking. It was also interesting to see the MWPSB team three years prior to the series' events, especially Sasayama and Kougami when he was an Inspector.

Yayoi was well-fleshed out this episode, but I'm disappointed that we didn't get a clearer reason behind Yayoi's high CC, and why she became an Enforcer (although Shalcker's explanation makes sense). Rina is also an interesting individual; Makishima's definitely not alone in his movement against the system.

Since we have this episode, I wonder if Yayoi will play a much larger part in the story later on.

On the new OP and ED, hmm, I think 'abnormalize' suited P-P more, but the new ED sounds quite good to me.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:38   Link #73
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

Or...

Yayoi became a latent criminal because of the music she was listening to and playing. She was playing prob revolutionary, hard rock stuff from Rina's. Stuff that Sibyl banned. The more she got into it because it was fun, the cloudier her hue became. She got caught in a check and got put away as a latent criminal like what Gino and Sasayama were discussing in their car.

She found out Rina wasn't just in it for the fun. Rina wanted power, destroying the system and wasn't afraid of killing, maiming people to get it. They both changed. Yayoi did the right thing imo and tried to pull the trigger.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:40   Link #74
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm pretty sure creators are doing it on purpose in order to have stronger effect on audience once we see Akane again.
yes but you can imagine the disappointment if later they put us one Akane in good his head or something that might disappoint us what we really expect such reaction ...
Old 2013-01-10, 21:45   Link #75
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She found out Rina wasn't just in it for the fun. Rina wanted power, destroying the system and wasn't afraid of killing, maiming people to get it. They both changed. Yayoi did the right thing imo and tried to pull the trigger.
I don't think so. Yayoi's character isn't build as someone who has such a sense of moral and whatnot. I don't think she cared that Rina was a rebel; she couldn't care less about the system to begin with. She just got pissed that Rina chose to live as a rebel over being with her and play together. She was jealous, as Shalcker said, and that's probably why she cut ties with her and decided to become an enforcer.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:49   Link #76
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think so. Yayoi's character isn't build as someone who has such a sense of moral and whatnot. I don't think she cared that Rina was a rebel; she couldn't care less about the system to begin with. She just got pissed that Rina chose to live as a rebel over being with her. She was jealous, as Shalcker said, and that's probably why she cut ties with her and decided to become an enforcer.
I like your theory
Old 2013-01-10, 21:58   Link #77
HandofFate

I don't think Yayoi's reason to become an enforcer was based off just yuri tendencies. Well, maybe a little, but mostly the music reason.

Her main motivation to get back out was to be able to play music again and be on stage again with Rina, which was why she kept requesting guitar strings. She still held onto the hope of returning to music which is one of the reasons why she didn't devolve in hue as much as some of the other prisoners are shown.

Then she runs into Rina again, and while Yayoi still just wanted the music, Rina ended up falling more into the terrorism side. Arguements on the sibyl system views aside.

To Yayoi, all her time spent in containment, and she comes face to face with the source of her motivation, and it was a betrayal of her ideal.

Anyway, I'm glad we finally got her backstory. She was one of the more interesting looking side characters with little screentime. Hopefully we get more flashback episodes, especially with that oldcop character.

I'm also going to say, despite his bad demise, Sasayama seems like a bad character himself. Trying to provoke the criminal to higher Cof, just so he could shoot/kill him. Hostage, aside he didn't care. He was willing to take out the hostage as well if her reading got high enough.

Compared to Akane in 1st episode, where she refused to shoot the hostage that gained a high enough CoF to execute on the spot and saving her in the end. Sasayama would have just pulled the trigger with a smile.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:02   Link #78
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I don't think Yayoi's reason to become an enforcer was based off just yuri tendencies. Well, maybe a little, but mostly the music reason.

Her main motivation to get back out was to be able to play music again and be on stage again with Rina, which was why she kept requesting guitar strings. She still held onto the hope of returning to music which is one of the reasons why she didn't devolve in hue as much as some of the other prisoners are shown.

Then she runs into Rina again, and while Yayoi still just wanted the music, Rina ended up falling more into the terrorism side. Arguements on the sibyl system views aside.

To Yayoi, all her time spent in containment, and she comes face to face with the source of her motivation, and it was a betrayal of her ideal.

Anyway, I'm glad we finally got her backstory. She was one of the more interesting looking side characters with little screentime. Hopefully we get more flashback episodes, especially with that oldcop character.
I like your explanation as I admit I by reading to you can understand a little better
Old 2013-01-10, 22:03   Link #79
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
The music is part of their relationship. I don't think you can separate these things. It doesn't matter though. What matters is that she felt that Rina abandoned her, that she chose this rebel thing about her, over their music, you get the idea.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:05   Link #80
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I look forward to their next meeting, Yayoi undoubtedly succeed to capture or worse ...
:s