AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-06-04, 13:12   Link #141
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Motteke! Sailor Fuku's vocals put on top of Hare Hare Yukai's instrumentals.
Last part is the same thing done with Saikyou Pare Parade and Hare Hare Yukai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQepXsRmGoI

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 15:47   Link #142
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
Motteke! Sailor Fuku's vocals put on top of Hare Hare Yukai's instrumentals.
Last part is the same thing done with Saikyou Pare Parade and Hare Hare Yukai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQepXsRmGoI
Surprisingly good.

Saikyou Pare Parade + Hare Hare Yukai is just nightmarish WTF.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:45   Link #143
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7xrj_QZEag
Lucky Star meet Rozen Maiden
It's giving an amazing result
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:50   Link #144
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7xrj_QZEag
Lucky Star meet Rozen Maiden
It's giving an amazing result
What ?!! Cute..... Didn't expect to see that ....
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 02:27   Link #145
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Pardon if this' a repost... but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NafAnxhCc
Live action.
Good try, but a bit lethargic ^^

Edit: Ah, so it is a repost after all. ><
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 08:27   Link #146
saphyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
lol all those colors in the background makes the arrows so hard to see
Old 2007-06-05, 08:39   Link #147
FGSFDS
This is FGSFDSPARTAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Pardon if this' a repost... but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NafAnxhCc
Live action.
Good try, but a bit lethargic ^^

Edit: Ah, so it is a repost after all. ><
My eyes... argh!
FGSFDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 02:40   Link #148
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
They went ahead and finished it. Oh god.

I'll call this the full "more scary, more wtf" version.

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1RruVdJavU

Lucky Star x Rozen Maiden. Lotta shortcuts taken in recoloring/drawing though.

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2007-06-06 at 03:22.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 15:34   Link #149
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Can we post original videos of the ED songs?
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 15:00   Link #150
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Valentine Kiss by 国生さゆり (Kokusyo Sayuri). Lucky Star #6 ED. The actual song starts at 1:19.

This is a popular wedding song so it's one of those oldies people still sing in karaoke's. This is her only hit single. In fact the first time I really paid attention to this song wasn't because of Lucky Star, but Japan's #1 TV Show, London Hearts (don't know how many JP-based Otaku would watch LonHatsu though).

The now 40 years old ex-idoru Sayuri-chan has now become a divorced actress-comedian famous for her grumpiness. She's a LonHatsu regular who talk shit about everything but mostly about men. She's actually a classic Tsundere now - sharp tongue but a soft heart. A while back London Hearts gave her a fabulous 40th birthday gift: a surprise concert where she gets to perform "Valentine Kiss" one more time in front of hundreds of fans in her original outfit (they even custom made one for her "current" size). She wasn't told about it until minutes before she show start though. It was pretty awesome to see her looking like a 17-years old again and everyone including us got a bit emotional. I'll tell you Japanese TV has some really good stuff, even outside of Anime.

EDIT: I just found that she has some anime roots too - according to her JP wikipedia page she guest-stared (as Seiyuu I guess) on 2 episodes of City Hunter anime. I found a link to her London Hearts Concert on Youtube but it was deleted. Damn you Asahi Terebi!

EDIT2: I also realized that the LonHatsu concert happened during Jan of '07, right when they're producing the anime. Could this be the reason why they used this relatively obsure song? I heard many of the animators in KyoAni are women, and women is the biggest audience for London Hearts. Why knows, maybe Sayuri fan at KyoAni asked to put this song in.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-05 at 22:24.
Old 2007-06-09, 15:41   Link #151
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

the OP for 宇宙鉄人キョーダイン (Uchu Tetsujin Kyoudain). Lucky Star #1 ED.

Hearing this it appears Konata did a pretty decent job. I have not seen this show, all I know that it was created by one of the most famous manga-ka ever, Ishinomori Shotarou, who drew Cyborg 009 and also created the grand daddy of all tokusatsu shows, Kamen Rider. Kyodain is one of the many tokusatsu show Ishinomori created, including Akumaizer 3. I thought Akumaizer was more popular than Kyodain but I guess KyoAni guys think otherwise... maybe they're just showing off their tokusatsu otaku power.

Speaing of which... here's the Akumaizer 3 OP sang by the original singer, Lucky Star #2 ED.

I can't find original OP clip, but here's some clips showing the awesomeness that is Akumaizer 3. It's one of the shows that's so bad it's awesome. Once you've seen their head-gears you just can't never forget it.

Konata is just so totally dude.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-06-17 at 19:16.
Old 2007-06-09, 15:49   Link #152
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Well remove this if this is off topic:

Kokusyo Sayuri's only hit single, Valentine Kiss.

This is a popular wedding song so it's one of those oldies people still sing in karaoke's. In fact the first time I really paid attention to this song wasn't because of Lucky Star, but Japan's #1 TV Show, London Hearts (don't know how many JP-based Otaku would watch LonHatsu though).

The now 40 years old ex-idoru Sayuri-chan has now become a divorced actress-comedian famous for her grumpiness. She's a LonHatsu regular who talk shit about everything but mostly about men. She's actually a classic Tsundere now - sharp tongue but a soft heart. A while back London Hearts gave her a fabulous 40th birthday gift: a surprise concert where she gets to perform "Valentine Kiss" one more time in front of hundreds of fans in her original outfit (they even custom made one for her "current" size). She wasn't told about it until minutes before she show start though. It was pretty awesome to see her looking like a 17-years old again and everyone including us got a bit emotional. I'll tell you Japanese TV has some really good stuff, even outside of Anime.

EDIT: I just found that she has some anime roots too - according to her JP wikipedia page she guest-stared (as Seiyuu I guess) on 2 episodes of City Hunter anime. I found a link to her London Hearts Concert on Youtube but it was deleted. Damn you Asahi Terebi!
I guess that means that, assuming she doesn't overdose or commit suicide, there's hope for Akira-chan yet.

Maybe.
Old 2007-06-09, 16:35   Link #153
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
I guess that means that, assuming she doesn't overdose or commit suicide, there's hope for Akira-chan yet.

Maybe.
Nah Japanese has-beens aren't as extreme as American ones. Most of the idorus just get married and stay home for the rest of their lives. Some ex-idoru get divorced and has to live as a talento (usually talent-less people who appears on shows to make dumb comments) and some even become comedians just to make a living. LonHatsu has a bunch of these poor women who became famous for their marital failures and now bitches professionally on TV. But most of them would find a rich hubby and start having kids. I mean the most famous idol ever lived in Japan is probably Yamaguchi Momoe, and she retired to be married at the peak of her career. People miss her even today.

I think Akira is more than a parody of idol industry in Japan.. it's actually closer to the truth. Just imagine a girl growing up under the watchful eyes of millions of perverts who memorize their yearly bust sizes while never really having any money and personal life (a boyfriend means yer out of the group!), I think it's not hard seeing them becoming a chain-smoking, doped-up bi-polar.

I'm an Akira fan since she's telling it like it is. I'm so glad my sister decided against an idol life when she's young. Can't imagine what kind of mess she'd be in now (although I really wish she'd do it at the time, just think about the girls I'd get to know.. sigh, oh well.)
Old 2007-06-09, 17:11   Link #154
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

木枯らしに抱かれて (Kogarashi ni Dakarete) by 小泉今日子 (Koizumi Kyouko). Lucky Star #9 ED.

One of her biggest hits (she's no one hit wonder). Anyone grew up in the 80's JPOP culture knows her intimately... she's as big as Matsuda Seiko but with a cleaner reputation. She is still active today, doing commercials and occasional concert/singles. She has been divorced from her actor ex-hubby for a few years now and was even rumored to be with KAT-TUN's super-white hot Kamenashi. At 41 she's still smoking hot, so who can blame the guy.

As a child of the 80's KyonKyon was one of my favorite celebrity; she's always the perfect girl for so many young dudes back then. I had a chance to meet her but never did. Boy this song brings back a lot of memories. I'm quite shocked when they choose this song since it was so mainstream and non-otaku. But back then, everyone was otaku for KyonKyon. Was there any anime/otaku link to this song other than Lucky Star?

Here's a PV of a cover version by girl idol group SpingS. I'm old school so I think the original is better. Plus none of them are as cute as KyonKyon was in her prime.

EDIT: Concert version of the same song, and a Medley of most of KyonKyon's old hits.

EDIT 2: Lucky Star got me all nostagic.. here's a bonus 80's JPOP - the #1 single of 1984, Nakamori Akina's 十戒 (Jikkai, or 10 commandments). I must heard my sister sang this song in her room more than a thousand times.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-05 at 22:26.
Old 2007-06-09, 17:28   Link #155
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Monkey Magic, Op to the original TV dorama, 西遊記 (Saiyuuki). Lucky Star #8 ED.

Watch it and you'll even hear the narration Konata talked about. It did take a looooooong time before you get to the 70's funky English theme song. Surprisingly it wasn't in Engrish...

I've never really seen the show but I do know one thing.. I was really sad when Natsume Masako died in 85.. she was a pretty popular idol who made great stride in becoming a respected actress. It's not easy making that transition but her life was cut short.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-06-17 at 19:17.
Old 2007-06-09, 17:42   Link #156
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

地上の星 (Chijou no Hoshi), by 中島みゆき (Nakajima Miyuki), Documentary プロジェクトX (Project X) OP. Lucky Star #7 ED.

Listen to it and you'll know why Miyuki sang it the way she did. It's really required, not that Miyuki is secretly a manly man.

Project X is considered recommended viewing by school-age children in Japan. It chronicled challenges faced by Japanese innovators and businesses. It was aimed to "regain Japanese competitiveness after the burst of the bubble economy". I don't know how any of this has to do with anime (I've never watched the show), but I guess it's appropriate since anime is one of the most successful Japanese export industry that's fueled purely by creativity of the Japanese. Also Miyuki loved trivial knowledge and this show must be one of her favorites. And the goddess singer's name is Miyuki. I'm pretty this ED threw all otaku's for a loop. Great job KyoAni.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-06-17 at 19:17.
Old 2007-06-09, 20:54   Link #157
DarciisFyer

Quote:
木枯らしに抱かれて (Kogarashi ni Dakarete) by 小泉今日子 (Koizumi Kyouko). Lucky Star #9 ED.

Was there any anime/otaku link to this song other than Lucky Star?
You just answered your own question.

Quote:
Here's a PV of a cover version by girl idol group SpingS. I'm old school so I think the original is better. Plus none of them are as cute as KyonKyon was in her prime.
The second girl is Hirano Aya, Konata's seiyuu. You can tell she's improved a lot in the ED version.
DarciisFyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 21:30   Link #158
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarciisFyer View Post
The second girl is Hirano Aya, Konata's seiyuu. You can tell she's improved a lot in the ED version.
Ah, no wonder. I have no idea Aya's old group's name was SpringS. I was wondering why her name is on the page. That's why they used this song... Thanks for the info. I didn't even watch the PV all the way through.

Damn Lucky Star... I've been listening to 80's JPOP for the whole afternoon now. Didn't realized how much JPOP was in my life back then.
Old 2007-06-10, 07:25   Link #159
Psychotic_Virtue

Dunno If Some One Has Posted This Yet....

But This What Happens When Lucky Star Meets American Wrestling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0UjKt2MvJw

P.V.
Psychotic_Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 08:13   Link #160
migs.
Uninspired

Send a message via MSN to migs. Send a message via Yahoo to migs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWnBeDK8Kpg
guitar version, the guy is good
migs. is offline   Reply With Quote