AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 14:00   Link #1821
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yamato2199.net format changed to show news first and split theater and TV releases into seperate pages. Probably so people can avoid spoilers.

Also a section about Yamato Project. The 31 artist that will sing songs for Yamato 2199.

(Also a counter to when the TV series starts....there are 23 days left)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-03-15 at 16:34.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 16:41   Link #1822
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
36 Falcons? This is really a big number. I thought they had only 12 of them and maybe some spares. The other question is of course were they store all the machines.
COSMO FALCONS: Two Wings, totaling 32 (16 planes for each Wing), and four planes in reserve (unassembled). These are stored in the aft revolver hanger on double pallets. The hanger does not have artificial gravity to better maintain, mount, launch, and retrieve the fighters.

COSMO ZEROS: Are stored below the aft gundeck, folded, and then raised on lifts and launched from the aft catapults.

COSMO SEAGULL(S) and T-100s are stored in the bulbous hangers on neither side of the "Third Bridge" below the waterline.
Old 2013-03-15, 18:01   Link #1823
Scherzo09

Shouldn't Kato be like a Lt. Commander instead of just at Lieutenant, First Class then?
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 18:37   Link #1824
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Attrition does terrible things to the ranks. Though there is no assumption that there was another officer for his position on Yamato, unlike the other senior staff that was killed just before Yamato was launched by that Gamilas carrier attack.
Old 2013-03-15, 18:53   Link #1825
Scherzo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Attrition does terrible things to the ranks. Though there is no assumption that there was another officer for his position on Yamato, unlike the other senior staff that was killed just before Yamato was launched by that Gamilas carrier attack.
You'd think there'd be a promotion at least, right? I mean Kodai was promoted from Cadet to Lieutenant First Class.
Old 2013-03-15, 19:01   Link #1826
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Save that Kodai's position was also probably suppose to be a higher rank (that of his brother's, a Lt. Commander). So he still needed to outrank Kato. (Sasumu was an Ensign rather than a cadet in Yamato 2199).

There might still be a need for certain qualifications before one gets some promotions. Though for all we know, Kato is the highest ranking pilot in the UNCF aside from the freshly promoted Kodai. (Kato would be a lieutenant, junior grade to Kodai's lieutenant in Naval terms)

I suspect that if Mamoru Kodai had made it back to Earth he's have been given a promotion to Commander (or possibly even Captain) and placed as Yamato's XO as well as Tactical Officer.

Oh and Minori Chihara (plays Celestera) added to the Yamato Project group of singers.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-03-16 at 00:43.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 01:15   Link #1827
solomon

SO just some noob questions as I JUST READ ABOUT ALL THIS.

Are they gonna release all these movie omnibuses gonna be released concurrent with tv, I mean the REST of em. I guess it'd make sense to do so although if I were the producers, I'd hold off on the finale to ensure maximum TV audience...but then again that's just me.

Also should I just go a head and watch the movies now? seeing as how so much is already out? Cause I wonder if fansubbers are even gonna bother with the TV release schedule.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 01:43   Link #1828
Scherzo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
SO just some noob questions as I JUST READ ABOUT ALL THIS.

Are they gonna release all these movie omnibuses gonna be released concurrent with tv, I mean the REST of em. I guess it'd make sense to do so although if I were the producers, I'd hold off on the finale to ensure maximum TV audience...but then again that's just me.

Also should I just go a head and watch the movies now? seeing as how so much is already out? Cause I wonder if fansubbers are even gonna bother with the TV release schedule.
This show doesn't need to be fansubbed; there are english subtitles with the official release. And these aren't movies; these are episodes of the series repackaged into movies before they air. So what airs on TV will be exactly the same as what was in the movies.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:47   Link #1829
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As far as we know the theater releases will continue as they have been doing so far. The Blu-rays have been coming out roughly six weeks after the theatrical releases. Chapter 5 (episodes 15-18) comes out six days after the TV series starts, and on BD six or so weeks later.

The TV series will start in April and should show pretty much the same material that is on the Blu-rays save for a redone OP with the new Yamato All-Stars group that they are gathering up of both old and new singers. I don't expect to see an OP for episode 1 and 2 as those episodes didn't have an OP on the BD at all...as the OP is sort of spoiler-ish until episode 3.

As for the subbers. Eh. Who knows. We don't even know if anyone is going to pick up this series' license internationally. It could be picked up for Funimation for broadcast for all we know...but there are only about three weeks left before the show airs. (Plus the BD are already subtitled in English to begin with, so subbers are sort of redundant anyway. For English at least).

One thing that is unclear is how they will show the ending four episodes. They should catch up on TV before Chapter 7 releases this Fall. Unless they speed up the release schedule by a month or two, or take some sort of break on TV (split 2-cour anime or something). Or they decide that they don't need the sales of Chapter 7 as badly since the series will be finished already...by then the collectors and movie goers will probably go see it and get the BD/DVDS anyway as 6 of 7 is just no good in those circles. Plus they could always pull something like a special OVA prequel short on disc 7 to increase sales even after the show's been on TV.
Old 2013-03-16, 03:25   Link #1830
Beltane70

I feel sorry for Kato for apparently getting stuck with a Cosmo Falcon. I take it there would have been three Cosmo Zeros if Susumu hadn't wrecked the one he took out without permission. Plus, shouldn't he also outrank Yamamoto since she originally had to get Kato's approval (which, of course, he originally denied) to join the fighter squadron?
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 03:50   Link #1831
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm not sure who was suppose to be assigned to the Cosmo Zeros originally (in story). I get the feeling the prototype would have stayed on Earth (It seems to be a two seater. The other two seem to be single seat fighters)

Kato outranks all his pilots. They are all Ensigns or less, including Yamamoto and Shinohara. Kato is a lieutenant, junior grade in naval terms. In Airforce terms Kato is a first lieutenant, while the other pilots are second lieutenants. Kodai would be equal to an Air Force captain. (Yamamoto and Shinohara have one gold bar. Kato has two gold bars. Kodai has three gold bars).

Kato's fighter is clearly marked and painted like a Wing Commander's fighter (100) and is grey similar to the ones he was operating from Japan. It might be a last minute replacement for Cosmo Zero 00 but since the other Cosmo Falcons in the hanger in episode 1 were all painted like his, I would suspect they might not be fitted for carrier operations like those on Yamato.

Based on the comments in episode 4, the Cosmo Zeros were not assigned originally, as Kato said "borrow them" when the Cosmo Falcon's hanger couldn't be used. However the specs for the Cosmo Zero says it has a barrier system and would normally be assigned as a squadron leader to use the barrier to cover the other fighters in combat. We've not seen this in action yet.

However since Okita assigned Kodai to lead the fighter mission while he and Yamamoto didn't have assigned planes on short notice, they get the Cosmo Zeros. Kodai will likely keep using the Cosmo Zero in combat. Yamamoto might get a Cosmo Falcon, but she wrecked one, and might have to take the Cosmo Zero simply because the other pilots already have their assigned planes. Though they do have some spares and at least one pilot died, so she could still get a plane at this point.

Still. They have a limited number of planes and no indication they can make new ones on their trip aside from the four spares. This also means they only have one Cosmo Seagull presently, and that could be a problem.
Old 2013-03-16, 04:55   Link #1832
macdawson

I believe the TV release will be phased. I read somewhere they'll show the first 10 episodes and then stop. They won't show them on TV before the movie and Blu-Ray releases, that's not how the project works. The episodes for chapter 5 are still in production, almost 'til they come out in theatres. Speeding things up to acomodate a weekly TV release would require a drop in quality that isn't a desireable thing. I long for each release and i do wish they came out at a faster rate, but if the long wait is required for the outstanding quality we've been getting, then i'm glad to ache.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 14:17   Link #1833
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I just though of something. We've not seen the battle carrier yet. In the old series, the original battle carrier was smaller than the three tri-deck carriers, but later versions of it would seem larger than the tri-deck carriers.

Wouldn't it be something to see the new battle carrier to be based on something the size of Dommel's flagship? Still looking more or less like it did originally, but scaled to be huge with the bridge section similar to Dommel's ship. This would kind of match up to the battle carrier in New Voyages with the huge bridge and other special features.

It also give room for the fighter wings and the hidden armaments.
Old 2013-03-16, 14:44   Link #1834
Aqua Knight

There will be TV series too??
For what point? Will they differ from the OVAs or what?
Old 2013-03-16, 15:15   Link #1835
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It will be the same as the OVA/theatrical releases. They decided to show the series in the theater first, sell BD/DVDs after that, and then show it on TV.

It will start with episode 1 on April 7th. The only known difference between the TV and BD versions will be the openning theme song and the addition of commercials.

The theatrical release is slightly different, but only because they string the episodes together and have only a single set of longer credits at the end.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:35   Link #1836
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
There will be TV series too??
For what point? Will they differ from the OVAs or what?
The point? To expand the audience, why else? Yes, there will be a different opening and ending theme songs from the theatrical and BD/DVD versions. Otherwise, they will essentially be the same, but as Chief Director Izubuchi commented recently, the Warp scene in Episode 3 will be different in regards to Yuki, who will now have underwear instead of being naked.
Old 2013-03-16, 19:20   Link #1837
kimpleng
Lurker

If I remember correctly, Yamato 2199 project actually intended to air in TV. But maybe a lot of people not patient enough after episode 1 and 2 at theatre, the committee change the strategy. Episode 1 and 2 showed at theatre for showing to Yamato fans, "here is our work".

From animation quality you cold tell this anime got a lot of budget, need more time to finish one episode and serious people who love working on it. If Yamato 2199 airing in TV, it sure will get attention from young viewer who never heard Yamato. It is like giving sample snack to random people. Maybe that people at first doesn't have interest with the snack. But after eat for free and think it is tasty, they will buy the snack.

I didn't watch original Yamato (1974), but getting hooked and loving Yamato 2199 since the first episode.

About Gamilas language, is that some kind of German language?
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 00:53   Link #1838
August138

@Kimpleg: No, it was all purposely planned from the beginning of production. All of this is fact, fully documented, and witnessed by most of us on this board. No one changed any strategies — this was the strategy from the get-go.

As for the Gamilas language, it is not Germanic, and doesn't sound Germanic to me. It was created from scratch by a linguist.
Old 2013-03-17, 15:55   Link #1839
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
About Gamilas language, is that some kind of German language?
No, it has no kind of resemblance to the German language (I am a native speaker) or other languages which derive from it.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:31   Link #1840
Scherzo09

As far as I can tell I think its just gibberish.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato