AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-02, 15:42   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually they stated very clearly why they're fighting (Are they even fighting?) which essentially boils down to climbing the social ladder.

Heivia does it for military recognition which in turn is to get noble family recognition, Qwenser is doing it to further advance his career as an Object designer.

EDIT: You could also see which allegiance their with.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-10-02 at 15:57.
Old 2015-10-02, 15:47   Link #62
askara

So first nuke melted half of the body, why not launch a second one? nuke is far far far more cost effective than building those huge ass Object, also if normal missile is useless why not just build those laser cannon onto of tank or ships?

just wish they design the Object cooler

Quote:
I tried read novels three times, but never got past first episode content because it was too exposition heavy for my tastes and whole that Objects idea ridiculous (even though female commander was both incredibly cool and hot).

Well, anime made it far easier digest, so I am looking forward more Froleytia(?) enough to forgive that princess hogging unreasonable amount of screen time for now.
agree, same thing with To aru index, even though i like the anime, i dont know if the problem of the writer's style or the way the translation is handle,i feel both of his novel is written in a very generic, amateurish and cliche way
Old 2015-10-02, 15:54   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
So first nuke melted half of the body, why not launch a second one? nuke is far far far more cost effective than building those huge ass Object, also if normal missile is useless why not just build those laser cannon onto of tank or ships?

just wish they design the Object cooler
Because nukes can be shot down, and nukes can't be used to do strategic strikes unlike Objects so they have their uses.

As for those huge Anti-Object weapons, you'll need a big ass reactor to power them.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:02   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually they stated very clearly why they're fighting (Are they even fighting?) which essentially boils down to climbing the social ladder.

Heivia does it for military recognition which in turn is to get noble family recognition, Qwenser is doing it to further advance his career as an Object designer.

EDIT: You could also see which allegiance their with.
Not their personal ambitions. I meant what their side is fighting for politically.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:05   Link #65
Kashima
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
That's because as Chaos said, nukes can be easily shut down with any kind of laser weapon or even anti-nukes systems, also why they need to launch a second nuke when the first one is going to leave that territory full of radioactive contamination for hundreds of years?

On HO we have so many details about the objects and how they work so I suggest to the people 2 things (instead of trashtalking without any knowledge about how this world works):

-Read the LN
-Ask on the respective LN thread

Leaving that aside the first episode was amazing, the pacing is good and they leave just minor details out of the equation. There is only one thing I dislike, how they change the names intead of using the ones in the LN.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:08   Link #66
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
On HO we have so many details about the objects and how they work so I suggest to the people 2 things (instead of trashtalking without any knowledge about how this world works):

-Read the LN
I swear there ought to be a "Godwin's Law"-like term for something like this. Because whatever it is, I felt like it was broken at record speed.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:18   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Not their personal ambitions. I meant what their side is fighting for politically.
Oh don't worry, we'll get into the geo politics of the four superpowers soon enough.

Remember though they're not actually in open war, just small skirmishes.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:23   Link #68
bakato

Extraordinary. Exposition was handled well and the important scenes involving character interactions set up future plot and character development.

For those who didn't catch it, the Baby Magnum is affiliated with the Legitimacy Kingdom.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:25   Link #69
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Oh don't worry, we'll get into the geo politics of the four superpowers soon enough.

Remember though they're not actually in open war, just small skirmishes.

That's good to know. The ending did give a Gundam-esque "shit gets real" feeling so maybe it will also force wingus and dingus to reevaluate their priorities and political opinions instead of just being a net waste on the tax payer.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:32   Link #70
askara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
That's because as Chaos said, nukes can be easily shut down with any kind of laser weapon or even anti-nukes systems, also why they need to launch a second nuke when the first one is going to leave that territory full of radioactive contamination for hundreds of years?

-Read the LN

Leaving that aside the first episode was amazing, the pacing is good and they leave just minor details out of the equation. There is only one thing I dislike, how they change the names intead of using the ones in the LN.

are you referring to me trash talking? because i am not, i rather like the anime and i am just rising some question regarding the Object. also this is the anime thread, we are going to judge it by the anime standard and the information given in the anime, with your suggestion, we have no need for this thread since everyone should just read the LN, discuss the plot and ask question over there. and again not every want to or have the time and interest to read LN
Old 2015-10-02, 16:33   Link #71
Arya

Well, not exactly what I was expecting, the heavy comedy slant was a let down to be honest.
Fanservice was unexpected, but I don't mind it. Except for the belt scene, that was terrible, but mostly due again to the comedy
All in all, as Haak, I'll probably stick to the three episodes rule. The characters didn't grab my attention yet, apart from the busty comander, Frolaytia. But it's just the introductory episode.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:33   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's good to know. The ending did give a Gundam-esque "shit gets real" feeling so maybe it will also force wingus and dingus to reevaluate their priorities and political opinions instead of just being a net waste on the tax payer.
Well, I said 'soon enough' but I kinda forgotten the finer details of what would happen next, I only remember the major milestones lol.

But I'm sure they'll make back their money's worth
Old 2015-10-02, 16:39   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Part of the point is that it doesn't really matter.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:40   Link #74
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ And that's what I'm kinda afraid of, so now I'm worried again. XP
Old 2015-10-02, 16:46   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Speaking from an overview, they're probably doing what any superpower would be doing- which is extending their influence and acquiring resources by gaining territories.

What separates the four of them from one another is how each of them runs their show. This is something that is as obvious as their namesake.

Our protagonists are with the Legitimacy Kingdom.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:49   Link #76
bakato

Quote:
Don't be. This isn't gundam. No one, especially nations, is perfect.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:53   Link #77
LazyHunter

Quote:
This is only the first conflict of the series, and maybe it wasn't carried well to anime form, but part of the point is that it's supposed to be just another one of the several small skirmishes for territory between the four superpowers that were mentioned in the initial narration, nothing really big or important politically/strategically speaking.

This is just part of the first chapter, so obviously not all info has been presented to the viewers. Also, you probably noticed that the story opens in the middle of the operation, future ones will have some kind of briefing on the situation.
Old 2015-10-02, 16:57   Link #78
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Speaking from an overview, they're probably doing what any superpower would be doing- which is extending their influence and acquiring resources by gaining territories.

What separates the four of them from one another is how each of them runs their show. This is something that is as obvious as their namesake.

Our protagonists are with the Legitimacy Kingdom.
We probably shouldn't get into it at this point, but I think you're overselling the differences, and their importance.
Old 2015-10-02, 17:13   Link #79
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

THe first thing I saw with those Objects, I was thinking it's SO IMPRACTICAL.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2015-10-02, 17:17   Link #80
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
THe first thing I saw with those Objects, I was thinking it's SO IMPRACTICAL.
The whole setting with the different superpowers requires quite a bit of chewing. But if say an Object was created and demonstrated its dominance against a coalition of 14 nations and a nuke, is it such a big hurdle to think the world would have followed in its footsteps?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, light novel adaptation, mecha, sci-fi