AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-10, 23:36   Link #181
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arissa View Post
They just killed one of the main character in the first episdoe (or it is?)
BTW,can't wait for Natsuno's turn,such a hottie brat
i am guessing either she is not the main char or her soul was transfered to the body of another girl

the character designs of the show are quite unique, will check out eps 2
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 08:06   Link #182
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

A fairly solid first episode. A very enthralling mix of macarbe, tense styles in animation and atmosphere. Music themes were alright. It seems to have more meat and spice to it than Higurashi did. I'm fairly cautious though - they've pulled a couple of major twists in 1 episode and potentially killed off the one character they did far more character development for. However, if that OP is anything to go by, being dead may not be an issue in terms of screentime. Wondering if those people in the European house are dead themselves? I want to see where this goes, but I'll need to give this one more time to get a feel for it. I just hope it doesn't make the same mistakes Studio Deen did with Higurashi.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 09:58   Link #183
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Perhaps no one should talk about what happened at the end of the episode. That's a major spoiler.
It's also the beginnning of the episode so to speak. It's been implied what would happen to that girl before the title aired. Not much of a spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I got that feeling too, maybe he was thinking that he should've noticed when she wasn't in her usual spot and that might've saved her. I could see it being used as motivation for him to start poking around to see what happened (and maybe be the next one offed).
My bet is the next victim that is his friend. Her death was more of a removal of an irritation to him and not that meaningful.
Old 2010-07-11, 11:25   Link #184
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I got that feeling too, maybe he was thinking that he should've noticed when she wasn't in her usual spot and that might've saved her. I could see it being used as motivation for him to start poking around to see what happened (and maybe be the next one offed).
I disagree on that for two fronts. One being that he seems to be the main character throughout the repeated references during the OP. The second being his last line at the end was so brutally cold that I don't think he honestly cared if she died or not. It was shown throughout the episode that he thought her an annoyance and his window line demonstrated to me that he was glad on some level that she's gone.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 11:47   Link #185
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I disagree on that for two fronts. One being that he seems to be the main character throughout the repeated references during the OP. The second being his last line at the end was so brutally cold that I don't think he honestly cared if she died or not. It was shown throughout the episode that he thought her an annoyance and his window line demonstrated to me that he was glad on some level that she's gone.
Yeah just like he would never look directly at her or speak to her. Like what you hear characters say in other titles regarding weirdos, "If you don't look at them, maybe they'll go away." To him, she was just a stalker and prob a weird girl at school.
Old 2010-07-11, 11:51   Link #186
LKK

Quote:
his window line demonstrated to me that he was glad on some level that she's gone.
I'm inclined to agree with Jarmel about Natsuno's line. His last line made it clear to me that he was grateful Megumi wasn't stalking him any more. I felt that his double-take after the line fell into one of two categories. Regret for speaking ill of the dead. Or possibly a premonition that something was odd about the circumstances of her death. But I didn't get the feeling that Natsuno thought he could have saved her if he had noted her absense earlier. Assuming we can trust the timeline of events, Megumi's disappearance had been reported before Natsuno noticed she wasn't in her usual spot outside his window if I remember right.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 11:55   Link #187
Joojoobees

Natsuno seemed like a jerk. He's probably the one who kicked over the roadside shrine statues.
Old 2010-07-11, 12:07   Link #188
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Natsuno seemed like a jerk. He's probably the one who kicked over the roadside shrine statues.
Actually now that I think about that, those incidents were probably another foreshadowing example. The vampires might have been getting rid of the religious symbols before arriving en masse.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 14:52   Link #189
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

The only thing that bothered me about the first episode was thet cheated (name omitted) out of his second scene in which he greets Megumi along with (name omitted) and helps the villagers search for Megumi. I think they did it to give that Gackt bastard a larger spotlight.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 16:03   Link #190
orion

Quote:
Actually now that I think about that, those incidents were probably another foreshadowing example. The vampires might have been getting rid of the religious symbols before arriving en masse.
But Jizou is protector of women, children, firefighters, souls that would suffer in hell and travelers. So these vampires are targeting to turn children then?

So someone in the town invited this calamity on it? I heard that a vampire couldn't enter an area without being invited first.
Old 2010-07-11, 16:10   Link #191
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I heard that a vampire couldn't enter an area without being invited first.
I'm pretty sure that detail comes and goes depending on which vampiric lore you're following. And if there's one thing I've learned about the Japanese with regards to vampiric lore, it's that they're footloose and fancy free when it comes to the traditional Western vampire mythology.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 16:12   Link #192
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...It was shown throughout the episode that he thought her an annoyance and his window line demonstrated to me that he was glad on some level that she's gone.
That was his main thought, I agree. She was certainly an annoyance and a weird girl, to him.

But I felt that in the details of that last scene -- the way Natsuno looked searchingly out the window, his little grunt -- the director was trying to show us that he might have had his first twinge that he had been too harsh, and that his harshness might have had something to do with her death (which it did). He might almost have been feeling sorry that he no longer had to close the blinds. We'll see if his future thoughts and actions support my impression. He was certainly feeling unsettled, as well as happy that she was gone.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 19:18   Link #193
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
In the end when the main guy mentioned how Megumi wasn't gonna be stalking him anymore, I expected her to pop up anyway.

Good first episode. Definitely wanna see more.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 20:02   Link #194
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

...I am a bit surprised that no one recognize the art style.
Fujisaki is a big name on JUMP and his quirky design literally is his trade mark.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 20:32   Link #195
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I wonder if that reference to Lady Gaga will get animated?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 20:51   Link #196
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

What vampires? what are you talking about??? How do you know they're vampires?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 21:10   Link #197
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
What vampires? what are you talking about??? How do you know they're vampires?
1. Megumi was anemic with multiple bite wounds before she dies.
2. The old lady was with at least one person who had been dead for 6 days and did nothing.
3. The new neighbors are living in a castle.
4. Mother of the castle came out during dusk. Moving took place at dead of night.
Old 2010-07-11, 22:07   Link #198
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Didn't know castles had anything to do with vampires, but okay. Old lady being with a dead person is plausible, aka shock.

Had no idea she had multiple bite wounds though. When was that mentioned or shown?

Moving at the dead of night, well we don't know for sure they chose to "start" moving at night. It made "plausible" sense to me again simply because if these guys are in a village, at least the feeling I get is if they're moving from the city or something it could be a long drive out, and it's totally possible they got lost and what not.
Old 2010-07-11, 23:08   Link #199
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Didn't know castles had anything to do with vampires, but okay. Old lady being with a dead person is plausible, aka shock.

Had no idea she had multiple bite wounds though. When was that mentioned or shown?

Moving at the dead of night, well we don't know for sure they chose to "start" moving at night. It made "plausible" sense to me again simply because if these guys are in a village, at least the feeling I get is if they're moving from the city or something it could be a long drive out, and it's totally possible they got lost and what not.
Look at her body when they found her. Also the doctor mentions bites.

Episode title is "First Blood". Not to mention that the skull in the OP at the end has fangs. Blood is also flowing thru pseudo-vessels in the OP (such as the trees). The OP is screaming "vampire".

Last edited by orion; 2010-07-11 at 23:20.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 00:05   Link #200
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^ah okay...see I never watch OPs until after the next OP airs or until the series is finished...mainly because it's sometimes quite spoiler-ific. Oh well.

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire