AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-04-30, 15:45   Link #1
Falkor

Ore no Imouto - General Discussion

An anime adaptation for the light novel has been announced. See this post

Additional Source: ANN

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-U
Kyosuke Kosaka, a normal seventeen-year-old high school student, hasn't gotten along with his younger sister, Kirino, in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyosuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever. One day, however, Kyosuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime entitled Hoshikuzu Witch Meruru (Stardust Witch Meruru), which had fallen into the entranceway of his house. To Kyosuke's surprise, inside the case, an adult video game entitled Imoto to Koishiyo! (Love with Little Sister!) is hidden.
Light Novel Covers

Spoiler for space:

Light Novel thread.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 15:59   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh... Anime. I've heard about this and thought about getting the novel... a little, but this saves me the money and trouble.

Along with MM's heroine, this one feels like another character who will get eaten up as Kugimiya's role, for some reason... Mumumu...

Still... http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51019932.html
Uwaa... Talk about making fun of people...

Got some grudge against that blog site...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 17:03   Link #3
Jze0
Hmmm...

Just heard the news, thank you god for this announment. I can't wait to see Kirino animated.

Btw, I wonder whos the studio thats going to take the job? J.C.Staff perhaps?
Old 2010-05-01, 07:44   Link #4
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

What's there not to love?
Another one goes into my anticipating list.

Seriously, there won't be the day I can see my sister's cute side.
Old 2010-05-01, 07:52   Link #5
plmko

Ah I remember this title, always happen to see it here and there but never looked into it.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 08:00   Link #6
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Just heard the news, thank you god for this announment. I can't wait to see Kirino animated.

Btw, I wonder whos the studio thats going to take the job? J.C.Staff perhaps?
There's a good chance it may be A-1 Pictures considering for the time of the announcement, it's too late for this series to air during the summer and A-1 Pictures has no anime corrently announced for Fall it leaves it open for them to animate it. Though there's still a possibility it could be animated by another aniplex affiliated studio.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 09:56   Link #7
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Along with MM's heroine, this one feels like another character who will get eaten up as Kugimiya's role, for some reason... Mumumu...
Actually, according to ANN, its going to keep the same cast as the Drama CD. So Azu-nyan and Ritsu's VAs are teaming up again, while Okazaki Tomoya's VA leads the way (would've preferred Kyon, but Nakamura would've been my second pick anyways).

Overall, quite pleased this is going to be animated. Not like I had any doubt, as the question wasn't if it was going to be animated, but when, considering that the content is so obviously tailored towards otaku in the first place. What I'm surprised though is how early its going to be animated; if what people say here is true and its going to be animated at fall, then that's only 2 years since the original started.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 10:02   Link #8
Midonin
Last Engage

Keiichiro Kawaguchi is directing. Hell. Yes. Otaku-focused comedy is his forte, and one of my favorite styles.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 11:44   Link #9
Falkor

if they are keeping the cast of the Drama CD...

Kirino Kousaka :: Ayana TAKETATSU
Kyousuke Kousaka :: Yuuichi NAKAMURA
Kuroneko :: Kana HANAZAWA
Saori :: Hitomi NABATAME
Manami Tamura :: Satomi SATOU
Ayase Aragaki :: Saori HAYAMI
Kanako Kurusu :: Yukari TAMURA

I think Ayana Taketatsu did a great job as Kirino, who is often times a difficult character for me to like. On the other hand, I couldn't help but like/love Satomi Satou as Manami (childhood friend, favorite character) with a more quirky/goofy voice along the lines of Aki Toyosaki. sadly, Kana Hanazawa's voice/character was another miss for me---I wonder if she can try something different every now and then... oh well...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 12:03   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Actually, according to ANN, its going to keep the same cast as the Drama CD. So Azu-nyan and Ritsu's VAs are teaming up again, while Okazaki Tomoya's VA leads the way (would've preferred Kyon, but Nakamura would've been my second pick anyways).
Heh~, that's rare and nice... I guess. I haven't listened to the drama CD before, so don't really know how the voices fits.

Still...
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20100501#p1
When lined up, it really does look like AIC has their hands full... (; -_-)
The amount of recent novel --> anime conversions is amazing too...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 12:38   Link #11
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
When lined up, it really does look like AIC has their hands full... (; -_-)
An unfortunate trend, IMO. With the industry in its current state, it seems that producers are outsourcing more of their projects to lower tier studios like Deen and AIC (who have the capacity to work on many shows but do so at lower cost/quality).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 13:00   Link #12
ZODDGUTS

Man hopefully it's AIC other studios either AIC PLUS, AIC Spirits or AIC A.S.T.A. Funny thing is that those offshoot studios of AIC have done better animation wise than AIC themselves.

Edit: Seems like it's indeed AIC bah. Hope the animation ain't inconsistent like most of their shows these days.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2010-05-01 at 13:13.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 13:36   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

for me this is great news cause I really love this series, it's the only LN I've kept with and eagerly await for more.

While my anime viewing is on hold for now, I'm def be checking this out, won't be able to hold back!
Old 2010-05-01, 16:15   Link #14
Kaguya
an idler

Since KanzakiHiro who is the illustrator of novels is a character designer, I have felt relieved.
It is perfect if an animation director and music are the works by KanzakiHiro=Hiroyuki ODA=HSP.

And I am interested in whether Akiba Blog and MOON PHASE appear under a real name.
In the same way, I am interested about how they express cari●●●●●com.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 01:28   Link #15
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

This is great news indeed. It'd be nice if the anime will air this fall. I've only read the manga and so far, I like the main characters.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 11:09   Link #16
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I've only read the 5 ~ 6 chapters that are out, and I still can't figure it out, is it incest? well I'm looking forward to the anime.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 14:33   Link #17
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I've only read the 5 ~ 6 chapters that are out, and I still can't figure it out, is it incest? well I'm looking forward to the anime.
It's just otauku-oriented comedy. I don't see it turning into incest....anytime soon anyway. Mutual love but no sexual relationship is the very end of line for this one as far as can tell.

I don't know if the anime will be good....the novel kinda thrives on heavy internal monologue. This would actually make a good "Shaft" material o.0, but here's to hoping for the best.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 15:02   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It's kinda hard to tell with only 5 chapters. But the sister gets jealous easily, and the brother seems to be hoping for "more" I dunno. But, we'll see.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 13:32   Link #19
Kaguya
an idler

In the rumor, it started in October and has a length of six-month periods.
Since the volume 5 of light novel is a turning point, I think that volume 1 - volume 5 will be animated by them.

Although this is a comedy basically, it raises the problem about lack of interpersonal relations, or the problem of the new human relations in the Internet era.
Of course, there is also a prejudice problem about Otaku.
It will obtain many viewers' sympathy.

Probably a character design will have an atmosphere like this video.
If Hiroyuki ODA also composes music, it will be suitable just for a closing song.

Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 21:25   Link #20
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

It's already rumoured to be on air for 2 cours? No friggin' way! ^_^

It's so unlike most other LN adaptations, where they usually have only 1 cour slotted. So whoever has the guts to put in the budget for a relatively new series, two thumbs up!

Then again, almost 1 million copies in Japan for volume 1 alone is no small feat, however you look at it. Maybe they're really confident in this one, and have good reason to.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen