AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-04, 09:49   Link #24081
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Vita was surprised of the Divine Buster EX range. She thought that she wasn't out of Nanoha's "normal" shooting range.
Old 2008-05-04, 09:53   Link #24082
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh, I know that, but that doesn't explain why she didn't just sidestep such a slow attack. I'd like to think that the attack was faster then what we saw on screen, especially with speed listed as one of its features.
Old 2008-05-04, 09:59   Link #24083
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Rule of anime?

You must stand still and "admire" your enemy awsome attack? :3
Old 2008-05-04, 10:00   Link #24084
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Dwah? Noble famillies are ruling Belka now? Last I checked the church was pretty much in controlm of Belka.
Don't know anything about that. The noble families in question are the Clearwater/Isard/Bachinka lines, not anything mentioned in canon.

Quote:
Geh... this is why I don't like me being the one discussing this, as it may come over rather selfish, but did you check Keroko's profile lately?
Nope. Only checked out a few profiles since I got here, there's just too many to read through all of 'em. Vivio and Keroko weren't the inspiration here so much as Syn was, but I can't seem to find her profile and so used what is probably a severely warped mental image of her.

Quote:
I know that, but drones were an unknown quantity then, not something mass-produced for attacks that have nothing to do with Jail's goals.
The first few chapters of the StrikerS manga have the Aces fighting off hoards of them. When in the official timeline does that take place, exactly?

Quote:
(heck, I'll even edit the image for you).
I would have done this myself, but my Photoshop abilities are zero.

Quote:
Yeah, that was the explanation behind Keroko at one point. Trust me when I say it was nuked back then.
I can't imagine why. Heck, I gave consideration to loli-fied clones of the Aces produced by Jail as side projects. I take it such an awesome idea will immediately be shot down now that I've mentioned it (I want my loli Aces back!!!!).

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-04, 10:32   Link #24085
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Unlike some, I am not afraid to admit someone has a damn good point.
I admit when people have a good point; if they have one frankly you haven't impressed me with one quite yet during this round.

Quote:
AMF was a nice handicap, too bad we hardly noticed any of it when we got past episode 5 -_-;

Limiters... Dunno, they could make for an interesting handicap if used right, but the way they were written out definetely wasn't one of them.
Well my point was that even in Canon they had handicaps even if they did basiclly just start ignoring them as fast as they intro'ed them. -_-;

Quote:
You're right. Screw it, I'm going to see this through!
Yes give into your angry! Embrace the darkside!

Quote:
Whining bores me. I rather find a solution.
Would that everyone was so inclined.

Quote:
Hey, I never said range wasn't an advantage, I merely said that unlike the real world, just having range does not give you an advantage. In Nanohaverse, you need a bit more then just range.
Perhaps, but range is still part of it and while range alone can't make you superiors it's one of the things you need to have to compete seriously.

Quote:
You didn't think I'd give up so easilly, did you? :3
Given how you rolled over before and wouldn't bite at my carefully prepared backlog debate breaker... I thought maybe the fight was going out of you.

Quote:
... It's kinda hard to find propper arguments for that and not sound like an idiot. I'll get back on that one if I find one that doesn't. If I do.
I'll take that a concession on this point.

Quote:
Ahh, but didn't you describe Fate's magic style as bastardized Mid earlier?
IIRC all I said I found it kind of sad that one the Mid styes strongest mages often acted more like a Belka user making the style seem even lamer. Still her style is still classified as Mid and she's been about speed basiclly since the beginning so although she uses her speed rather differently then I would it still proves that Mid has acesses to high speeds if it needs it.

Quote:
Yeah, but like I said, it proves nothing. I could just as well say that it proves the value of knowing melee combat despite being a ranged expert just as easillya s you can use it to proof how idiotic it is to expect a ranged expert to fight propperly in melee. Like I said, it doesn't really prove anything, regardless of whether it a brawl or not.
Meh agreed in this case it's too vague and open to interpretation, but given that I'd advocate a careful approach based on evasion and we see a picture of viscous close combat described as a brawl it just seems rather off from the way I'd envision handling such a thing...

Quote:
Rather able to do something that having a Linker Core crippled to the point where she can't do anything at all.
Like I said it would depend on the risk reward ratio, but still you'd think there might be SOMETHING that could be done about the problem. They can clearly mess with a user magic somewhat given that they can manage limiters. Given how complacent Hayate was about the problem her just opting not to go to the trouble to try and reduce the issue and then have to retrain extensively toward a new type of combat might not be impossible. Was just a random off hand thought though not meant to be that serious.

Quote:
Not to mention Hayate propably has seen enough hospitals that she'd probably try to avoid them unless there really was no other way for her to survive or something.
Another point that could well influence her even if it was possible. Anyway to me the way she described it in the manga really almost made it sound like a diseases or something you'd want to try and fix.

Quote:
Yes, but if you're in a constant retreat loop, you're not exactly gaining ground either.
Yeah but if that retreat loop is slowly sucking the enemies strength and wearing him down by breaking up his formation and exposing him to constant long range sniping and harassing attacks...

Quote:
Also, the manga chapter doesn't exactly contradict that. It merely blabs about how a one-on-one fight is dependant on multiple factors, nothing about the differences between Mid or Belka is ever mentioned.
It's implied to me at least after all if Belka was so clearly a superior one on one style why would they even mention such stuff. They'd have gone "I'd win because Belka is a superior one on one style." or something. Instead they start talking about circumstances and such which to me implies it isn't inherently better.

Quote:
Well, think about it. EW mages severely disrupt squad based combat, so whenfacing EW mages, having units in which individuals can act on their own rather then be dependant on rear support or communication, you would cut of a few of the main advantages of EW mages. This explains why Belkan mages are excellent solo fighters. Add to that that EW mages can disrupt ranged combat, and you also have a reason why Belka mages at the very least use melee.
Well the first thing to know is that while ECM can degrade scans and communications unless one side has a pretty hideous advantage it can rarely acutally defeat it totally. So while counter measures could make the advantages less pronounced they’d still remain to some extent assuming neither side is grossly superior in this area. Also while a Belkans attacks would be less affected then a Mid types the problem has never really been the power or accuracy it’s been getting into place to attack to start with. Also recall that I noted that IMO Mid type magic is just better for most forms of scanning and such (do a focus on remote effects) so in order for the Belks to have comparable EW capabilities they’d have to be using Mid like mages in support most likely.

That said indeed in a very heavy ECM environment a Belkan user would be somewhat less affected. Of course ECM only really began to come about at least to my thinking as beyond visual range and ambush style combat did and that’s only possible with a ranged warfare style. So EW grew up after Mid began to become dominant as a means to try and counter some of it’s lethality and advantages, but it was probably cooked up by other Mid mages. It also hardly means that one should go back to swords or something just like the invention of ECM in real life didn’t bring back fighters armed with a half dozen cannons or the like.

ECM can reduce the effectiveness of enemy ESM, but not make it like it doesn’t exist.

Quote:
In MMO's they're pretty damn essential. Hell, you even have 'off-tanks' (Wing Guard) and 'support-classes' (full-back).
MMOs are also played in many cases by tactical morons that if not corralled into set roles and given only the most basic and repetitive of tasks can be counted on to quickly do something extremely stupid; basiclly an MMO team is at best the equivalent of a barely trained militia unit. We also must consider that ultimately an MMO is a GAME and has rules AI is often extremely predictable and indeed many of those positions you note rely almost entirely on abusing the enemy AI in set specific ways. Indeed the entire concept of “aggro” and tanks for instance is an insane contrivance that started out largely as a result of bad monster AI and is now basiclly continued mostly out of tradition.

PvP my experience tends to be much less neat and allot more of a free for all much like a real battle. While you have somewhat define roles yes that sort of fight isn’t like a football team or a dungeon crawl where one guy can always do X and another always does Y. Real combat just is not that neat you need flexibility and to be adaptable attempting to adhere to a rigid formation or roles will make you predictable and easily exploited.

“No plan survives contact with the enemy” and neither do fancy formations or carefully defined roles in most cases. In fact overly minute planning and specialization tends to cause more problems then it solves as when things inevitably go off the rails and you need to adapt. Those that train to be flexible will adapt those locked into rigid doctrines or positions won’t and they’ll die. As with many things in strategy it’s a balancing act no planning or roles won’t work, but overly elaborate plans and rigidly set roles can be nearly as bad.

So while you can have specialization I’d have focus less on trying to shoe horn people into various positions and more on training them together to think on there feet and utilize there strengths to best advantage on the fly and as the situation demanded. Be flexible and adaptable as the worse thing any fighting force can be is rigid and predictable. Also while favor ranged battle as I've said over and over I favor a well balanced ranged style with a mix of skills so I'd want my guys to be reasonably well rounded on the whole.

Quote:
Right, so we put aside the nice little episode 6 bit?
I'd just prefer the entire scene never happened...

Quote:
Its about as much evidence as 90% of the stuff we have, really.
Dialogue can be useful when we have nothing else (though it's always somewhat weak as it's basiclly the characters opinion or beliefs and these could simply be wrong). That’s not the case here though acutally in this case with have a mountain of evidence that says the Dialogue was bullcrap.

Quote:
I'd like to know where you get the 'brutal ass kickings' part. So far the only thing I recall is Vita almost getting her ass shot to pieces (which is either a case of sheer stupidity or proof that magic in Nanoha is not as slow as it apears. I'd prefer to believe the later).

Signum hardly got her ass kicked by Fate, nor did Zafira get his ass kicked by Arf.
Fine ass kicking was perhaps too strong, but they where hardly winning decisively either and in a number of cases the Mid users seemed to have a clear upper hand.

Quote:
Oh, I know that, but that doesn't explain why she didn't just sidestep such a slow attack. I'd like to think that the attack was faster then what we saw on screen, especially with speed listed as one of its features.
Do explain how shooting spells down could possibly work then given that I’ve already proven that simply trying to hit a baseball going 95 MPH is straining humans to the limits. Also once you start crap like this the sky’s the limit basiclly if you decided that one thing we SEE on screen isn’t true then how can ANY of it be true? How about the next time you try and use something shown in the show as proof I just say “well I prefer to ignore what we see and just assume that what REALLY happened fits my view of things.”

Basically if you’re going to toss out the shit we SEE ON SCREEN (barring blatant effects goofs) then what the fuck can we accept as “true”? This slope isn't just slippery it's made of bloody Teflon and I think we best stay off it.

Anyway I've been awake entirely too long now so I think it's time go to sleep in order to maintain my insanely screwed up hours.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-05-04 at 11:14.
Old 2008-05-04, 11:09   Link #24086
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Don't know anything about that. The noble families in question are the Clearwater/Isard/Bachinka lines, not anything mentioned in canon.
And that's where the problem is. The noble families aren't in charge of Belka.

Quote:
Nope. Only checked out a few profiles since I got here, there's just too many to read through all of 'em. Vivio and Keroko weren't the inspiration here so much as Syn was, but I can't seem to find her profile and so used what is probably a severely warped mental image of her.
Mostly because Syn is still largely an unfinished project, so she doesn't have a solid profile yet.

As for Keroko... follow the link in my signature, and I think you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Quote:
The first few chapters of the StrikerS manga have the Aces fighting off hoards of them. When in the official timeline does that take place, exactly?
The fight from the manga? MC 71

Quote:
I can't imagine why.
Clicheness, and the sheer Mary Sueness of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Dialogue can be useful when we have nothing else (though it's always somewhat weak as it's basiclly the characters opinion or beliefs and these could simply be wrong). That’s not the case here though acutally in this case with have a mountain of evidence that says the Dialogue was bullcrap.
Show me a single page from the manga that contradicts the dialogue. So far all I'm reading is 'many circumstances are involved in the outcome of a battle' which does not contradict Belka being a superior magic style on 1-on-1 combat.

Quote:
Fine ass kicking was perhaps too strong, but they where hardly winning decisively either and in a number of cases the Mid users seemed to have a clear upper hand.
Again, I'd like to know where you get these 'in a number of cases.' Even with her boosted Raising Heart, Nanoha didn't exactly shoot Vita out of the sky immediately. Vita got out of the Axel Shooter deathtrap and back into melee without any damage, leaving you with only the long-range shot. That's one case.

Quote:
Do explain how shooting spells down could possibly work then given that I’ve already proven that simply trying to hit a baseball going 95 MPH is straining humans to the limits. Also once you start crap like this the sky’s the limit basiclly if you decided that one thing we SEE on screen isn’t true then how can ANY of it be true? How about the next time you try and use something shown in the show as proof I just say “well I prefer to ignore what we see and just assume that what REALLY happened fits my view of things.”

Basically if you’re going to toss out the shit we SEE ON SCREEN (barring blatant effects goofs) then what the fuck can we accept as “true”? This slope isn't just slippery it's made of bloody Teflon and I think we best stay off it.
You mean just like how you ignored the Barrier Jackets shielding the fall of the mages and instead went with Ark's unproven shield? Or how you rejected the visual evidence of Nanoha controlling the rounds and went with your 'its the device' theory, despite all the evidence pointing against you? Putting that aside, what about Vita's Schwable Fliegen? Those things go at least as fast as a baseball being hit, and its still viable to shoot them down. Or when mages move faster then normal humans and are still able to accurately hit eachother and block their oponents attacks. Movement, reaction and accuracy already go beyond the scope of what normal humans can do, Tk. Like you yourself said: This is magic, it doesn't work like anything we know by science.

And besides, Nanoha's beam was clearly a blatant effect goof. Slow crawling beam, even a perspective change? Yup, effect.
Old 2008-05-04, 11:37   Link #24087
Jimmy C

Quote:
Oh come on! You call this evidence?! That’s just a fucking boost before combat!
Even if it wasn't a boast, such as when the lone ranged opponent stupidly tries to close the range instead of keeping it open, it shows the best way to tackle them: pincering them while keeping the range open, just like you said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comartemis View Post
MC0071, four years before Strikers. Four years after nanoha got poked by a Type-4. That and ep 6 suggests that that's their "history" with Jail prior to StrikerS.

Quote:
I can't imagine why. Heck, I gave consideration to loli-fied clones of the Aces produced by Jail as side projects.
If you had thought about the implications of ep5 first, you wouldn't even have gotten started. If he can do something like that, why is he still interested in data on the Aces? He'd already have all the data he wants about them if he could clone them.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:17   Link #24088
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Not taking part in any of the current discussion mini-arcs right now, I said my pieces on the IRC, and then there's some more that I don't have the liberty to plow through right now.

So anyway, my long delayed...preview is here. It's split into 3 parts, and involves some OCs I haven't posted yet (it's still on paper manuscript) so it could get confusing.

First person view. Third person can wait for the real stuff.
First try writing a Nanoha fic, so...oh well, nevermind.

Spoiler for Title:

Spoiler for The Forgotten Wanderer:

Spoiler for INTERLUDE: The Hound and the Snake:

Spoiler for Blade of Omen:

Spoiler for Final Lines:

Spoiler for Author's notes::

And...some sleep at last. AFTER this gets on the Fanfic thread. Oh well.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:18   Link #24089
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You know... with the bad translation of A's 3, it got me wondering just what Chrono was saying when he described the Belka style. The subs say 'A magic which focusses on confrontational combat over long distance and wide area attacks' but that would be a description of Mid style combat.

Edit: Geh, ninja post. *goes reading*
Old 2008-05-04, 12:21   Link #24090
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Well great, now I need to screw with the history to get my coup working.

As for Lira, consider her dropped. I went for a nice little walk and thought of someone much better for the role of Steel Mage:

Spoiler for Say hello to Kenno Rihoko!:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:34   Link #24091
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Due to the recent burst of commitments *ahemanitavisitingcough* I've been laid so low on time I can't break much of the backlog, and the more backlog grows the more unlikely I can fire my usuals off in one sitting w/o getting wtfpwnd. So just one lightning fast comment at this:
Quote:
Also, on a different note, I've been rewatching Angelic Layer lately, and I'm hereby reserving Hikaru for future projects. I'm not sure what I'm ging to use her for yet, but I'll let the ideas simmer for a while before drawing conclusions.

0_0

Might be just me, but reserving Hikaru the Angel is practically reserving Hikaru the Magic Knight who in turn, based on Nighty's crack, is used as the image of Midget's young self.

Not to mention Hikaru the Articular Device herself appears in the perma-hiatus Furthera Magica, a middle-aged Nanoha series that I started out with and was in my First Post with the Nanoka & Teresa duo...

By the way, the pair that would've been the new centerpiece Forwards of the future if not for Vivio coming and derailing the entire run-up... >.>

Then again, we'd probably see Captain Subaru working with Lt. Vivio in charge of Teresa's and Nanoka's squad, and saves me from making more OCs... <.<

My Rebuilt timelines are AU to Kerokanon, so I guess we should ignore that.

But do Hikaru justice; she's one of the reasons why Cephirons turned into Alhazredians and then into the TSAB, as according the one of the most potent canon crack from 4chan since Signoha, so it definitely has lots of potential.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:34   Link #24092
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Sailor Senshi and Nanohaverse does not compute.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:36   Link #24093
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Where do you see a senshi in that pic, Sheba? That's just a young Modern Belka mage from Earth who happened to be inspired by her favorite comic books.

Trust me guys, I know what I'm doing here, and I'm not porting the Senshi into Nanoha... not directly, anyways. Several attacks and the barrier jacket are the same as Minako's fuku, but that's where the similarities end.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:39   Link #24094
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Bah, we already have a quasi senshi in Fate anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Due to the recent burst of commitments *ahemanitavisitingcough* I've been laid so low on time I can't break much of the backlog, and the more backlog grows the more unlikely I can fire my usuals off in one sitting w/o getting wtfpwnd. So just one lightning fast comment at this:
I'm calling that a justified reason to be tied down. :3

Quote:
0_0

Might be just me, but reserving Hikaru the Angel is practically reserving Hikaru the Magic Knight who in turn, based on Nighty's crack, is used as the image of Midget's young self.
The former may be based of the later, but I still prefer Angel Hikaru. She has an amazing personallity.

Quote:
Not to mention Hikaru the Articular Device herself appears in the perma-hiatus Furthera Magica, a middle-aged Nanoha series that I started out with and was in my First Post with the Nanoka & Teresa duo...

By the way, the pair that would've been the new centerpiece Forwards of the future if not for Vivio coming and derailing the entire run-up... >.>

Then again, we'd probably see Captain Subaru working with Lt. Vivio in charge of Teresa's and Nanoka's squad, and saves me from making more OCs... <.<

My Rebuilt timelines are AU to Kerokanon, so I guess we should ignore that.
.... Now I'm curious, what's an Articular Device?

Quote:
But do Hikaru justice; she's one of the reasons why Cephirons turned into Alhazredians and then into the TSAB, as according the one of the most potent canon crack from 4chan since Signoha, so it definitely has lots of potential.
I plan to, which is why I'm still thinking of what to do with her exactly instead of acting on half-assed thoughts that will be abandoned and scrapped quickly after posting. *cough*Mandy*cough*

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-04 at 13:06.
Old 2008-05-04, 13:53   Link #24095
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I'm calling that a justified reason to be tied down. :3
>.>

Quote:
The former may be based of the later, but I still prefer Angel Hikaru. She has an amazing personallity.
Quote:
.... Now I'm curious, what's an Articular Device?
It's very new technology, osmething unheard of in StrikerS. The Articular Device is essentially Midchilda's take on the Unison Device, but emphasizing more towards being a magical assistant that is less reliant on the Mage and more autonomous as it has special capacitors implemented to its own mana processor (NOTE: this limited modification only allows it to function like a Linker Core, but it is still dependent somewhat on mage's mana pool). Basically, for when Reinforce II was acting as Hayate's No.2 instead of being unisoned.

This would allow mages to have robotic assistants while no flouting the rules, allowing mages to be less distracted by command, control and communication issues and stay focused on the field. The Articular Device also possessed some combat capacity, and thus functions as a secondary spell platform.

In the future, the TSAB will begin subtly converting Earth's population to become familiar to incarnations of magic, and thus preparing the ground for a possible transition to Administration. One of the approaches was the embedding of magical technologies in everyday life, and the Articular Device was developed based on the amazing technical genius of one Mihara Ichiro. Technology for the devices, codenamed "Angels", as well as the arcane field projectors, codenamed "Layers", were leaked to the 97th development team under close observation.

As the Device had become an toy, it was soon the preferred secondary device for the several counter-Logia First RespONse Teams (FRONTs) embedded in the population, Nanoka included. This was because the Device could be carried and operated in plain-sight and yet be dismissed as nothing out of the ordinary. The toy also allowed the TSAB to discover budding mages very quickly, and reel them in.

The year is MC 0093. With the Arrancar incident settled, the Wind Squad could refocus on the most unlikely champion that emerge from the device arenas: one unassuming Misaki, and her latent Articular Device Hikaru. It was to be a routine recognition and recruitment mission, but something intervenes. Fingers point to the Piffle Princess Group, the 97th conglomerate that introduced the Devices on the TSAB's behalf. While the TSAB is certain that they are in the dark of things, the girls of the Wind Squad think otherwise.

As they break down each obstacle with overwhelming friendship and firepower, there would be no clue as to what awaits them, on the truth of the 97th's magical dearth, on the origins of magic, on the ugly face of a long-chilled revenge, on the other side of the Looking Glass...

Wind 01 Captain Subaru Nakajima
"There's a tale my grandfather told me..."

Wind 02 2nd Lieutenant Vivio Takamachi
"It's so... familiar..."

Wind 03 Lance Corporal Teresa Testarossa
"I'm the daughter of a half-cyborg and a superclone. You're saying it's weirder than me?!"

Wind 04 Private Moriyama Nanoka
"But this is...!"

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoka
~Kagami no Naka Ni~

The biggest conspiracy in human history will now be revealed...

???: ...keikakudoori...

...wtf did I just do?!

Quote:
I plan to, which is why I'm still thinking of what to do with her exactly instead of acting on half-assed thoughts that will be abandoned and scrapped quickly after posting. *cough*Mandy*cough*
Ah yeah...

Last edited by Kha; 2008-05-04 at 14:19.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:50   Link #24096
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
>.>

...wtf did I just do?!
...ow. My head.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 2008-05-04, 14:53   Link #24097
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
...ow. My head.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ahh. Such endearing cries.

Khracky indeed.
Old 2008-05-04, 15:07   Link #24098
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
[ACCESSING TSAB NAVAL ENGINEERING DATABASE...]

[ACCESS ATTAINED: OPENING TSAB NAVAL WEAPONS SYSTEMS FILES]

[COMPLETE]

[UPLOADING NEW TECHNOLOGY]

Spoiler for CLASSIFIED:

[UPLOAD COMPLETE... CLOSING DATABASE LINK]

[COVERING TRACKS]

[MISSION COMPLETE: TSAB Have 'Accquired' Sunstar Naval Weapons Technology ]

<_<

>_>

*ATC slinks away from the terminal...*
Old 2008-05-04, 15:21   Link #24099
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
>.>

It's very new technology, osmething unheard of in StrikerS. The Articular Device is essentially Midchilda's take on the Unison Device, but emphasizing more towards being a magical assistant that is less reliant on the Mage and more autonomous as it has special capacitors implemented to its own mana processor (NOTE: this limited modification only allows it to function like a Linker Core, but it is still dependent somewhat on mage's mana pool). Basically, for when Reinforce II was acting as Hayate's No.2 instead of being unisoned.

This would allow mages to have robotic assistants while no flouting the rules, allowing mages to be less distracted by command, control and communication issues and stay focused on the field. The Articular Device also possessed some combat capacity, and thus functions as a secondary spell platform.

In the future, the TSAB will begin subtly converting Earth's population to become familiar to incarnations of magic, and thus preparing the ground for a possible transition to Administration. One of the approaches was the embedding of magical technologies in everyday life, and the Articular Device was developed based on the amazing technical genius of one Mihara Ichiro. Technology for the devices, codenamed "Angels", as well as the arcane field projectors, codenamed "Layers", were leaked to the 97th development team under close observation.

As the Device had become an toy, it was soon the preferred secondary device for the several counter-Logia First RespONse Teams (FRONTs) embedded in the population, Nanoka included. This was because the Device could be carried and operated in plain-sight and yet be dismissed as nothing out of the ordinary. The toy also allowed the TSAB to discover budding mages very quickly, and reel them in.

The year is MC 0093. With the Arrancar incident settled, the Wind Squad could refocus on the most unlikely champion that emerge from the device arenas: one unassuming Misaki, and her latent Articular Device Hikaru. It was to be a routine recognition and recruitment mission, but something intervenes. Fingers point to the Piffle Princess Group, the 97th conglomerate that introduced the Devices on the TSAB's behalf. While the TSAB is certain that they are in the dark of things, the girls of the Wind Squad think otherwise.

As they break down each obstacle with overwhelming friendship and firepower, there would be no clue as to what awaits them, on the truth of the 97th's magical dearth, on the origins of magic, on the ugly face of a long-chilled revenge, on the other side of the Looking Glass...

Wind 01 Captain Subaru Nakajima
"There's a tale my grandfather told me..."

Wind 02 2nd Lieutenant Vivio Takamachi
"It's so... familiar..."

Wind 03 Lance Corporal Teresa Testarossa
"I'm the daughter of a half-cyborg and a superclone. You're saying it's weirder than me?!"

Wind 04 Private Moriyama Nanoka
"But this is...!"

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoka
~Kagami no Naka Ni~

The biggest conspiracy in human history will now be revealed...

???: ...keikakudoori...

...wtf did I just do?!
Being Kha. And this is tasty Crack indeed.

So why does Vivio find it familiar...

And I certainly don't hope they encounter little Keroko and her Angel Tesla. Oh, the paradoxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
[ACCESSING TSAB NAVAL ENGINEERING DATABASE...]

[ACCESS ATTAINED: OPENING TSAB NAVAL WEAPONS SYSTEMS FILES]

[COMPLETE]

[UPLOADING NEW TECHNOLOGY]

Spoiler for CLASSIFIED:

[UPLOAD COMPLETE... CLOSING DATABASE LINK]

[COVERING TRACKS]

[MISSION COMPLETE: TSAB Have 'Accquired' Sunstar Naval Weapons Technology ]

<_<

>_>

*ATC slinks away from the terminal...*
A new TSAB naval canon? Details!
Old 2008-05-04, 15:25   Link #24100
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
It's my naval guns, giving them to the TSAB... (Considering the only Naval Weapon I've seen are the Arcs, and that's 'point whole ship, wait five minutes, shoot', one yield level only, strategic weapon.)

<_<
>_>

I can do that because I own the Sunstars. ^_^;
Tactical Heavy Cannons FTW!

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1584045/
Closed Thread