AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 14:10   Link #401
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 14:47   Link #402
nil
nothing yet..

a trivial matter..
ED's karaoke shows "tukamu made nitte 掴むまでにって". This doesn't make sense. It is apparently "tsukamaete mite つかまえてみて" (try to catch me).
nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 15:11   Link #403
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
I did find a couple sentences on Google that describe the plot...based on this I'm looking forward to seeing it even more, it's an interesting premise:
Spoiler:
Okay, I had to dig way back in this rapidly-growing thread to find a description, but I'm glad I did. Things make a lot more sense now.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 15:14   Link #404
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I'm especially looking foward to
Spoiler:
Well, it's only about 120 pages ahead of where the anime is right now, so we should be seeing it in a couple of episodes? From what we can see so far, the animation has been moving with great fluidity, so I think we can expect the same for the action scenes too.

Until then, just look at that knife extraction shot in the OP and keep on imagining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Base on the name of the books. (I wonder if those are close enough approx. of the translated titles...)
I wrote up a list for the novels (up to volume 7, the latest volume so far). The translations are lifted from a Japanese source, so I didn't write them myself (I would've used different words, like "Disappearance" rather than "Evanescene")

Spoiler for not spoiler, just a novel list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil
a trivial matter..
ED's karaoke shows "tukamu made nitte 掴むまでにって". This doesn't make sense. It is apparently "tsukamaete mite つかまえてみて" (try to catch me).
That's right. And it probably should be "try to catch it" since it's most likely referring to the "yume" (dream) in the next sentence.

Here are the lyrics for ハレ晴れユカイ:
-------
ナゾナゾみたいに 地球儀を解き明かしたら
皆で何処までも行けるね 時間の果てまで
誘惑で憂鬱なこの想いは 何もかもを巻き込んだ想像で 遊ぼう
ある晴れた日の事 魔法以上の愉快が 限りなく降り注ぐ 不可能じゃないわ
明日またあう時 笑いながらハミング
うれしさを集めよう 簡単なんだよ こんなの
追いかけてね(追いかけてね) つかまえてみて
大きな 夢 夢 好きでしょ?
-------
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 15:40   Link #405
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I rewatched the first episode immediately after watching the second. I thought airing a "film within a film" as the first episode was a very clever, very bold move, and I still do. I knew nothing about the "actors" and watched the first episode purely as parody. It worked for me at that level. I thought it was genius, and I was very entertained by the creators' audacity and wit. It was a great parody! After watching the second episode, I knew a little something about the characters, and a number of parts of the first episode took on a different context and become funny for different reasons.

Like when Yuki went off-script and started beating up Mikuru.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 15:46   Link #406
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by melange; 2006-04-12 at 16:31.
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 15:54   Link #407
Julius Firefocht

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is really turning into a phenomenon. The guys at 4chan are absolutely crazy over it. I haven't seen so much excitement over an anime for some time.
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 16:20   Link #408
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The gang of heathens over at the AMC forum in Megatokyo are going nuts as well.

I think the series arrived at just the right time to revive a flagging spirit about anime.
Old 2006-04-12, 16:31   Link #409
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is really turning into a phenomenon. The guys at 4chan are absolutely crazy over it. I haven't seen so much excitement over an anime for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
The gang of heathens over at the AMC forum in Megatokyo are going nuts as well.

I think the series arrived at just the right time to revive a flagging spirit about anime.
Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-04-12, 16:35   Link #410
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I rewatched the first episode immediately after watching the second. I thought airing a "film within a film" as the first episode was a very clever, very bold move, and I still do. I knew nothing about the "actors" and watched the first episode purely as parody. It worked for me at that level. I thought it was genius, and I was very entertained by the creators' audacity and wit. It was a great parody! After watching the second episode, I knew a little something about the characters, and a number of parts of the first episode took on a different context and become funny for different reasons.

Like when Yuki went off-script and started beating up Mikuru.
As others pointed out in spoiler boxes, there is another reason for that. For now, your explanation is good enough.
Old 2006-04-12, 16:45   Link #411
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I disagree with vol.3's translation as 'boredom' personally. I wholeheartedly agree with using 'disappearence' as it's closer to the plot (face value wise both Evanesence and disappearence are valid). Vol6 as Agitation is also good.

Vol5 though I am too sure at all. Bousou (暴走) as 'overdrive' is on the slight iffy side... Revulson doesn't meet it very nicely either as it is not as negative as the choice of word suggests...

(well that kind of translation speculation is premature to dwell on for now. )

ps: Just d/led the 720p version of Haruhi. I am just amazed at KyoAni. There MUST be a 1080p/1080i revision made on Blu-ray!

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-04-12 at 16:58.
Old 2006-04-12, 16:49   Link #412
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
This anime rocks!!! I hope the animators knows how big a hit this anime is, and make more...more..AND MOOORE!!

*dance along to the ending animation*

Old 2006-04-12, 17:02   Link #413
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Vol5 though I am too sure at all. Bousou (暴走) as 'overdrive' is on the slight iffy side... Revulson doesn't meet it very nicely either as it is not as negative as the choice of word suggests...
You mean "berserk"?
Old 2006-04-12, 17:23   Link #414
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

well... Berserk of Suzumiya Haruhi. Something doesn't quite sound fit with that but can't put my finger on it.
Old 2006-04-12, 17:29   Link #415
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Having not read that novel I don't know if this fits at all of not but... "The Recklessness of Suzumiya Haruhi"?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:40   Link #416
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

"fanclub" site

Not sure if this has been posted (21 pages!?!) but there is now a fan club site (Japanese). It's actually more like an official site, to make up for the weirdness of the SOS-dan site (which itself now has more info on it).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:41   Link #417
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
ps: Just d/led the 720p version of Haruhi. I am just amazed at KyoAni. There MUST be a 1080p/1080i revision made on Blu-ray!
I have the 1280x720 version, it's godly. ^^;

Still shots don't do it justice.
------
Quote:
well... Berserk of Suzumiya Haruhi. Something doesn't quite sound fit with that but can't put my finger on it.
There is no good English word for 暴走, although I'd write it as "frenzy" myself.
=====
The official site has been updated!

- There is now an activity log. Which is basically a history of aired episodes.
- There's also an introduction of SOS-dan members. Basically, character profiles.
- Also, an official(?) fansite is now open as well.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:55   Link #418
Oberon

Hmm, I was just about to make an avatar out of the Haruhi walking szene from the opening when I noticed something that might be a layer order error. Here's a pic with the frames from one walking cycle:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/796/haruwalk9cx.jpg

The cycle starts in the upper left corner with Haruhi's left leg in the back position, starting to move forward. Now in the 2nd row, when her left leg should be moving backward again, I think that in the 3 pics marked with an X, the layer order of the legs should be reversed to actually make sense. Anyone else notice this, or did I misinterpret the movement?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:57   Link #419
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I have the 1280x720 version, it's godly. ^^;

Still shots don't do it justice.
I just love that quick scene of Yuki in Snow from the intro.
Old 2006-04-12, 17:59   Link #420
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Wow. I love the animation in both OP and ED. I hope this series keeps going strong and doesn't lose steam!
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen