AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-04-22, 07:35   Link #541
yakumo-chan

guys... which do you think was the best???? Haruhi's God knows or K-on????
Old 2010-04-22, 11:26   Link #542
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They haven't topped "God Knows" yet in terms of animation quality.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:36   Link #543
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
guys... which do you think was the best???? Haruhi's God knows or K-on????
You're asking for a comparison of one song versus an entire album of songs. On that basis, K-On! easily wins. However, "God Knows" was first into this kind of arena, so points for that.

The animation in "God Knows" was still supreme... but mostly because of the duration of the high quality (we only see that level of animation in K-On! music segments a few seconds at a time).
Old 2010-04-22, 19:03   Link #544
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Hi! I made a youtube group that is dedicated to K-on. everybody may join to talk about K-on and the anime in general. It may be about anything you want to talk about such as covers or latest episodes. Please Join by checking my channel. thank you ^_^
You can post your k-on covers to hopefully gain more publicity and subscribers. Although it's small right now I hope it will become big pretty soon.
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:09   Link #545
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
Hi! I made a youtube group that is dedicated to K-on. everybody may join to talk about K-on and the anime in general. It may be about anything you want to talk about such as covers or latest episodes. Please Join by checking my channel. thank you ^_^
You can post your k-on covers to hopefully gain more publicity and subscribers. Although it's small right now I hope it will become big pretty soon.
where? show me the site
Old 2010-04-22, 19:19   Link #546
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
where? show me the site
umm. it's on my youtube channel. on my sig. find the ho-kago teatime group and press on it and join it. thanks.
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 09:10   Link #547
Nerroth
NePoi!

I'm not too sold on the new OP - maybe it'll grow on me. The repeated spinning trick in the video's a bit annoying, though.

The ED's not too bad, but I liked the last one a loooooooooooot better.

But then, the song I'd relly want to hear them try is this, so what do I know?
Old 2010-04-24, 01:22   Link #548
Pachael
原作通り

The OP has grown on me a lot more than the ED has, and I think it's surprising considering the increased difficulty and complexity of both songs compared to S1. The OP singer does have some difficulty adjusting to pitch (of Yui) as well as the (very fast) tempo.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 01:28   Link #549
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering she had to sing "horse" during their first concert, I think she can pull it off as Yui.
Old 2010-04-24, 11:55   Link #550
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Just finished listening to both full 320k ver. of OP and ED (don't ask me where I get it)

OP: well Go!Go!Manic isbasically the full version of what we are listening to in the episodes, and the full version is even better. I didn't take the fast tempo quite well at first but then I started to like it more and more.

Genius: I quite like this style of music, though I don't know how to name it. The bass (or is it guitar) behind is great, with Yui's voice it is very good. The tempo is much slower than OP.

ED: Listen! is very well composed, but my degree of liking is similar to me liking KON! (S1) OP. I like the tunes, but it is overshadowed by the magnificence of Don't say Lazy....

Our MAGIC: a completely different style from ED, slower tempo, the song not really considered as Rock now.....

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....

Last edited by MitsubishiZero; 2010-04-24 at 12:33.
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 13:01   Link #551
Sparvid
*hic*

Thanks for the heads up!

GO! GO! MANIAC - Well, it's more of the same. If you liked or disliked the short version, you'll probably not change your opinion. I found it interesting that the TV version is pretty much the first 1:30 of the song, with minimal editing. I like the instrumental version more, when the guitar and keyboard isn't hidden behind the singing.

Genius..!? - This is certainly a different sound from the A-side, with a calmer tempo and heavier on the guitars. I can't place it, but it sounds... 70's, or something.

Listen!! - Like the OP, it's more of what's on TV, which in my case is great! I wonder if it's Yui or Azusa who's supposed to do that solo. Wanted a longer organ solo though...

Our MAGIC - Now this is just awesome! Really, I'll probably listen to this one the most. Love the keyboard, the guitars, the back-up vocals... "Ooooooh, la la la"
Old 2010-04-24, 13:48   Link #552
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The FV of Go!Go!Maniac! is totally retarded. Really, really retarded. But it sounds so silly that it would make a good ringtone.

And Listen! is like probably one of the more stylish songs instead of musically appealing. The vocals had more emphasis but the notes are quite simple.

@Sparvid : Azusa is doing the solo. She is the support guitar while Yui is the mains.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 13:51   Link #553
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Well, since I decided to look for them as well and found them, I'll share my sentiments too:

- GO! GO! MANIAC: I adore this song. I'm surprised at how complex it is. Instead of your regular verse-chorus-verse2-chorus2-bridge/solo-verse3-chorus setup, this song adds several bridges and no less than TWO solos into the mix and mixes stuff up a bit.

- Genius...: For a slower song than the OP, it's not bad. May need a little while to grow on me, but I reckon that won't take long.

- Listen!!: The ED is growing on me. It definitely has a nice beat and Yoko Hikasa certainly does a good job singing. I'm sure she'll be an instant hit once she starts singing for herself rather than just for anime. She definitely has the voice for it.

-Our MAGIC: This is the only song I don't like at all. I'll give it a few more tries, but I don't think I'll truly enjoy it to the fullest.

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2010-04-24 at 16:40.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 16:31   Link #554
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The FV of Go!Go!Maniac! is totally retarded. Really, really retarded. But it sounds so silly that it would make a good ringtone.

And Listen! is like probably one of the more stylish songs instead of musically appealing. The vocals had more emphasis but the notes are quite simple.

@Sparvid : Azusa is doing the solo. She is the support guitar while Yui is the mains.
Aye... ringtone bits is exactly what I thought of for GGM.

And apparently, they switch off lead/rhythm so its not entirely clear at times (unless one is good enough to recognize the guitar tones).
Old 2010-04-24, 19:33   Link #555
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

Full versions just got leaked.

Go! Go! Maniac - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ3mVf0b6rA
Listen!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9qfZfSnTZY
FENR1Sdesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 20:17   Link #556
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
how i love the full versions! can't wait for the album itself
Old 2010-04-24, 20:46   Link #557
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Our Magic sounds a little like an early 60s or late 50s song with new effects. Almost Beatles like.
Old 2010-04-24, 21:47   Link #558
Peanutbutter

I dig the full ED. Though it pales a bit to the fanmix Niconico users made.

Yoko Hikasa has a very nice singing voice. I would describe it as seductive. Can't stop listening for some reason.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 23:37   Link #559
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Our Magic sounds a little like an early 60s or late 50s song with new effects. Almost Beatles like.
Yeah I noticed that. It's not as appealing as Sweet Bitter Beauty Song (if we're to compare the 2nd songs on the ED singles), but it's still a great song.

Also, Genius is a nice tonedown from the hyperactive Go! Go! Maniac XD
FENR1Sdesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 00:16   Link #560
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

As expected Go go Maniac is one of the funniest musical experiments I've heard in recent years. I would like for more people in the anime industry to be this daring.

Listen is... well, it suffers the problems of when you have a song sung by an amateur singer that takes itself too seriously. The middle third in particular suffers a lot from this.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote