AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-11, 21:41   Link #21
cdiesel12

Send a message via AIM to cdiesel12
that was good ill be waiting for the next chapters
cdiesel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 21:43   Link #22
Captain_Dope

When will we see the next chapter? I hope we don't have to wait for weeks or months.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 00:14   Link #23
UserName

It was quite good. The art is good in general though the characters can be improved. But that guy did look like Kakashi...

What did you use to make this and how long did it take?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 06:08   Link #24
coash

not bad mate not bad...it's hard to draw characters from different angles - like one of the openings in naruto, where camera spins around that was crazy
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 06:19   Link #25
aznchum
Cool Person

..ok im gonna be an ass about this ...ur drawing could improve..

for example...the various kibas youve drawn don't match, sometimes it looks like him, other times it doesn't....his face is too soft..and youve drawn akamaru way too small...and the body proportions dont really match..like on pg8..hiro looks like a toy there....im not gonna be a prick and point out every little thing but sometimes their legs too wide or too long or too short..and the arms dont look like arms.....oh and that thing on the other guys back looks mad...and again on the next page itz a lot bigger than it was on pg 8...(btw that guy reminds me of jin from tekken)..

and the good things..your shading is damn good, the storyline -its very creative..your ideas are great...and its very kishimotoesque...the way the manga is done....the enviroement and backdrops uve drawn are excellent...

nice work.. :Thumbs up:
aznchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 07:22   Link #26
Satoru

How come Kakashi is suddenly a bad guy in this one?
And Kiba is the main character?
Old 2004-12-12, 07:40   Link #27
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

WOW this was awesome.

better than I thought it was gonna be.
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 12:11   Link #28
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

I'm just gonna answer some general questions people have been asking.

Q. Is Hiro Kakashi/ Why does he look like Kakashi?

A. When I showed people some pages way back when, I got the same question. Truth is, it was just a coincidence. But I believe that while they may look similar because of the mask, everything else is different. I made a quick pic to illustrate the differences:
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...kashi-hiro.jpg

Q. How long did this take you?

A. 1 year and 2 months. Granted I didn't work everyday on it and infact there was a time I didn't work for like a month at all.

Q. What tools did you use?

A. From pages 1-8 I used standard 8x11" printer paper, and let me tell you it's HARD drawing that small. Especially a manga. But luckily my bro bought me some bigger paper so pages 9+ were easier to work with. As for pens, nothing special. Just a .30mm fine tip that ran out of ink. So I had to switch to ballpoint which sucked.

Q. When's the next chapter coming out?

A. I don't know at the moment but hopefully soon. Most manga artists have a team to help them out. But in my case I had to do EVERYTHING (panels, characters, inking, clean up, scanning, comic tone, lettering), so as you can imagine, it takes a while. Not to mention, I have other things to do since this is only a hobby. But I think I know a way to improve my speed greatly...We'll see how things go.

Random factoids:

-This was my first attempt at manga. So it has been quite a learning experience in terms of panels and camera angles. This was also my first time working with ink on such a huge level (I maybe inked 1 or 2 pics before but thats it).

-You guys may notice the art during the beginning pages is WAY different than the later ones. Well, it's because you guys may be under the impression that I did this chapter in like a month or two but it actually took a year
So natually like any artist, my art got better as I continued to draw. That's why Kiba seems to change from page to page (as someone above mentioned)
Once I got to the flashback pages (09+), the art stayed some-what consistent.

-I started this manga in highschool at age 17 and now I'm 18. It was originally meant to be only like, 8 pages long and Hiro and Yume weren't even in it. It was supposed to be only about Team 8 (don't worry they're still a big part of it). Man has it changed....

Phew that was a lot of typing. I think that covers just about everything.

Judging from the comments, I'd say this was a great success since everyone seemed to like it.
Old 2004-12-13, 00:20   Link #29
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good to see you back, Kiva-kun. Can't wait to browse through the pages, especially, after all the good reviews/comments you have been given for your work. Even Elvenpath must be biting his fingernails with envy/jealousy. Come to think of it, yours is the only Naruto-manga I have ever read.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 09:49   Link #30
Palani
///_^

Thumbs up

Only 2 things to say

1:
2: The Art of the Doton-Jutsu, now that's Hot with a captital H
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 18:12   Link #31
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Just read it and...totally awesome dude. Just awesome. I love page 22-23 and 24. They look so nice. The Jutsu's were damn cool too.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 18:27   Link #32
DarknessFox45
Naruto Expert

Send a message via AIM to DarknessFox45
i looks great man, btw did u draw these pics? becuz they are very good. A+++++
DarknessFox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 19:10   Link #33
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I have to say it was pretty good. It was even good enough to lure me back to the naruto forums. Your art work improved a lot during the course of the chapter. Still even the earily pages are better drawn then the latest chapters of HunterXHunter. Still I think you need to work a bit on the chins. In some panels, the characters looked a little bit odd.
I've also read published manga that weren't as good story wise.. The only thing is you may have revealed a little bit too much in the first chapter. Maybe ending it just after the grand cross, and using the next few pages at the start of chapter 2? You have some real potential though. You might even be able to get something published. Maybe you could consider submitting something to tokyopop's rising stars of manga contest?
Old 2004-12-25, 22:32   Link #34
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

I almost gave up on you

PS
I see you edited the "I smell dark chakra" part
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 23:08   Link #35
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words! I really do appreciate it and I'm not just saying that. It really does mean a lot to me. Thank you.

To DarknessFox, yep I drew everything in it. Infact, I did everything by myself.

Quote:
I see you edited the "I smell dark chakra" part
Haha...yeah I had enough time to read the early pages a few times and realized the script was...horrible for them! I'm glad I changed it hehe.

Thank you again, everyone! I'll do my best to get the next chapter out as fast as possible without sacrificing the quality.
And Merry Christmas, all! Your comments were a great present for me this year!