AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-11, 19:46   Link #61
Demonish

what happens Dec 24 2010?
Old 2006-04-11, 21:05   Link #62
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonish
what happens Dec 24 2010?
Nothing much, by the looks of it...

http://blackwings.net/hack/timeline.php

The beta-test game "fragment" was suppose to be released on the month of May, 2007. I won't be surprised if Bandai tries to mimic it in real life with their .hack//:fragment.

"The World" is suppose to be released on October of the same year...

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-04-11 at 21:24.
Old 2006-04-11, 21:16   Link #63
Demonish

mmm. i'm still confused but ok xD
Old 2006-04-11, 21:25   Link #64
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I hope that in this new series the main characters do not take a transgender approach.

Anyway, it has started slow, and as others indicated not with good soundtrack (not capturing the interest enough).
Old 2006-04-11, 22:35   Link #65
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I hope that in this new series the main characters do not take a transgender approach.

Anyway, it has started slow, and as others indicated not with good soundtrack (not capturing the interest enough).
There is no identity crisis with this guy.

it's the women you have to watch out for; as the end of episode one shows, there are male PKers who disguise themselves as inexperienced female characters to lure suckers to their doom.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:38   Link #66
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Just checked out the first ep and I have to say that it makes me beg for more. The animation was the freaking shiznit and I couldn't help but enjoy how the story was, especially when it comes to the main character's understandable plight with him being just a beginner rather than having some overpowered thing.

Definently a contender for best anime for this season. And it leading up to a good manga and game makes it even all the more worth watching.

EDIT: Man, they should put up a warning before each ep stating "Viewing of this material will cause rapid addiction and incredibly high levels of joy."

Last edited by neodrag38; 2006-04-11 at 22:54.
Old 2006-04-12, 02:15   Link #67
iceyfw

i wanna see that badass side and attitude of haseo we see in the game trailers.
Old 2006-04-12, 05:09   Link #68
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
i wanna see that badass side and attitude of haseo we see in the game trailers.
He's got an awful lot of leveling up to do, then... being level 3 just aren't going to cut the mustard.

He is either going to help kill a VERY exp-up special monster during the story, or some sort of power-up had to be received from somewhere... Leeching, perhaps?

I don't think hacking up his data would be a good idea... That might bring Tri-edge onto him.

A newbie at level 3 can't afford to have a bad-ass attitude.

(There most likely is going to be a significant time-gap from anime to the game, in order to make him famous amongst the PKers like the game trailer suggests.)
Old 2006-04-12, 08:01   Link #69
Kikuchi

I've just seen some passages of the HD version release by Za Warudo and it's freaking sweet. It's the first time I watch HD content and i'm truely amazed by the quality.

To bad my comp isn't good enough to run HD at full speed :/ And here I thought 2Ghz would be sufficient...
Old 2006-04-12, 10:07   Link #70
kivine

IS there an error at 19:56 for za-warudo fansubs?

I think it should be :" I will hide this ok?"/"I shall hide this then?"

Instead of "If you pay"
Old 2006-04-12, 10:35   Link #71
subcool
Arienai Co-Founder

Send a message via ICQ to subcool Send a message via AIM to subcool
Hmm although i like the H.264 version that was released by ZW. I don't really like the resolution they chose for it... I have an AMD Athlon 1.83 GHz with 1 Gig ram, and i cant play it properly at this resolution. it lags like hell x_x
and my comp is just 1.5 yrs old now...

But yea, like i said, i like it that they released in H.264, if only at a smaller resolution.
Or using less CPU intensive settings. Good job nontheless, but unforunately i'll be sticking with the XviD version =(
Old 2006-04-12, 11:26   Link #72
amonrei

Wow i really like the opening song by Fiction Junction Yuuka. ZW video quality is superb. The sub is ok i guess. You'll need at least 2.2GHz for Athlon XP to play 720p h264 i think, coz that's what i have and it uses 80-100% of the CPU power most of the time. I'm using CCCP.
Old 2006-04-12, 11:27   Link #73
Vinci
Jailbait Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Vinci
Just finished watching episode one, this and this deffintley has some potential. Animation looks great, already interested in the characteres after the first episode (dosen't happen too often), plot is probably going to move pretty slow but as an avid MMORPG fan I can bear with all the filler. The only thing that irks me (and it did with //SIGN as well) is that I can't play a MMO as developed as The World. This is going to be on top of my fav. list this season.
Old 2006-04-12, 11:34   Link #74
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
This music really wasn't bad like some members have expressed.

The music is not as good as .hack//sign so far, but it's definately isn't bad.

I liked the ending song.

I wonder how he will become a pker when he doesn't seem to like pking that much right now...
Old 2006-04-12, 14:31   Link #75
Kurono-
Gundam Pilot

To the people experiencing lag while watching the 720p version, go to the link below and try the CoreAvc they have listed there. It works very well for me.

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...?title=CoreAVC

For reference, I've got a P4 2.4ghz and 512 ram and I've noticed no lag while watching it under the use of CoreAvc.
Old 2006-04-12, 14:35   Link #76
Durante

Well, nobody likes PK'ing as long as they're still n00bs
Also, I just read up on G.U., and it seems he'll become a PKK which is a big difference...
The opening song has started to grow on me as well, after some initial disappointment. The OST also isn't that bad, though a far cry from Yuki Kajiura's greatness in SIGN. but compared to that, few OSTs are any good...

Anyway, after watching the raw I hoped for a group releasing this show in its original visual greatness (and resolution). Thanks ZW!

For those that have problems playing it: try CoreAVC or, as a last resort, VLC. both should be somewhat faster than using ffdshow on Windows. Also, disable the standard ffdshow postprocessing (but keep h264 deblocking enabled). With those settings, playing it back in MPC takes about 82% cpu here. Compared to that, VLC takes 75%. As I said, the difference is not very big, but it might just be the few percent between stuttering and perfect on your system.

Last edited by Durante; 2006-04-12 at 15:46.
Old 2006-04-12, 15:20   Link #77
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Am I the only one who thinks the ED and OP should be swtiched?
Old 2006-04-12, 15:23   Link #78
Durante

I thought so too after hearing them for the first time, but by now the OP has really grown on me, while the ED starts to sound more and more generic...
Old 2006-04-12, 15:33   Link #79
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Does anyone know what other series Yuki Kajiura is working on now other than Tsubasa Chronical?
Old 2006-04-12, 16:07   Link #80
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Tsh, so much hate on Ali Project... I admit the music clashed a bit, but after .hack//sign, I figure overwhelming & almost innapropriate music is a .hack tradition!
(It's my firm belief that Hack//sign is Kajiura Yuki-sensei's worst job yet... I'm not a fan of her vocal chorus pieces... everything else is great love, though )

I'll definitely be stalking Hack//roots... even though it didn't grip me as tight as Hack//sign did.
(Just so you know, I'm the kinda guy who liked Lain to bits, and who fervently follows Noein and Ergo Proxy, among others...)
Closed Thread