AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-16, 17:50   Link #8741
godz

guys, what powers or abilities do you think Ark of the Covenant can have?
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 18:39   Link #8742
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

For all we know, the Ark is part of the system that runs all Sacred Gears.
Therefore, I am perfect.

"Instead of women far away I can't see, I prefer the tits in front of me." Norba Shino
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 19:45   Link #8743
Lucidrago

For all we know, the Ark of the Covenant doesn't even exist in DxD.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 21:04   Link #8744
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
For all we know, the Ark of the Covenant doesn't even exist in DxD.
Then, imagine what skills you can have without affecting the logic of dxd.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 09:52   Link #8745
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: Wasn't Cattleya's power after she swallowed Ophis' snake said to be near base Sirzechs and Serafall's level, who are above Maou-class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 4 Life Khaos Brigade
The magic power given off by Cattleya’s body swelled up, and gave off an ominous aura. A mass that was near that of Sirzechs-sama and Serafall-sama…Just what on earth was that snake she just swallowed…?
She would still be stronger than Azazel in that case even if he is on the same level as the original Yondai Maou, which I think he is because of him probably being equal to Michael.
Old 2018-07-17, 10:24   Link #8746
Lucidrago

When was it ever said that Azazel was equal to Michael? And besides we have no idea how strong Michael is exactly.

Azazel being Maou-class is an assumption at best with nothing in the light novels or any evidence at all backing it up.

Since Shalba used Ophis' snake and said he was at the level of the original Beelzebub. So I would say that Katarea was as strong as the original Leviathan when she used Ophis' snake.

What I mean is that if Azazel was Maou-class would he have such a problem fighting Katarea without Ophis' snake? And would his spears of light just disappear with just a wave of her hand if he was Maou-class?
Old 2018-07-17, 12:43   Link #8747
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think Michael was equal to one of the original Yondai Maou because the Three Great Powers' leaders were likely equal when God was alive. Yondai Maou=Four Great Seraphs=God. The Four Great Seraphs are more powerful than the other Seraphs, who should be about Ultimate-class, anyway.

And it's possible that Cattleya after swallowing one of Ophis' snakes was more powerful than Shalba. Shalba after swallowing Ophis' snakes was said to be equal to the original Beelzebub, whereas Cattleya was said to have power that was close to that Sirzechs and Serafall. And that was Kiba's POV in Volume 4, so Sirzechs' true form wasn't known yet. And he said that from sensing Cattleya's aura, so it's power-level and not overall combat ability (saying that just in case).
Old 2018-07-17, 15:13   Link #8748
Lucidrago

Having an equal amount of demonic power to that of the original Maou is having demonic power neat that of Sirzechs and Serafall(Ishibumi hadn't come up with Super Devils at that point).

Again Ishibumi really hasn't gone into how powerful the Seraphs are.

And in my view, It's most likely the case that not only are the fallen angels the least numerous compared to the devils and angels, the power of their leaders isn't as high as the Seraphs or Maous.
Old 2018-07-17, 17:52   Link #8749
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Serafall, Sirzechs, Falbium and Ajuka are all more powerful than the original Maou. And it was also said in DX4 that Ise and Grayfia are as well. They're said to be "above Maou-class".

Serafall and Grayfia competed for the position of Maou Leviathan and the former won. If Grayfia is above Maou-class, it wouldn't make much sense for Serafall to not be as well.
Old 2018-07-17, 20:40   Link #8750
Lucidrago

Was that established at the time in Volume 4? With all of them being stronger than the original Maou all the way back in Volume 4?

And all it said was Katarea's demonic power was boosted to a level NEAR that of Sirzechs' and Serafall's. There's a reason why it said 'near.'

And Grayfia challenged Serafall for the position of ' Ultimate female devil' not the position of Leviathan.
Old 2018-07-18, 07:18   Link #8751
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, even if it was just for the position of "Ultimate Female Devil", power would still have played a part in it, right? Sot it can mean they're equal in power or that Serafall is more powerful. And with Grayfia being "above Maou-class", it'd make more sense if Serafall is "above Maou-class" as well.

And while Sirzechs' true form wasn't known to Kiba yet at that point, he should still at least have known that Serafall and Sirzechs are above Maou-class.
Old 2018-07-18, 13:48   Link #8752
Lucidrago

Ishibumi hadn't even come up with Super Devils that early in the series yet. I'm pretty sure of it.