AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-06, 04:14   Link #101
DrewGSR

LMAO man that was so crazy and weird. The OP had be on the ground the second time i watched it. This show so strange, but im definately goign to keep watching it. I was like WTF am I watching but i couldn't stop.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 04:43   Link #102
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Argh, I can't let the 3 colour male kitty go

Here's some more info on how they can happen.

http://messybeast.com/mosaicism.htm

Read about the XY/XY chromosome cat for the real world definition of a super feline.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 04:46   Link #103
sinistral
SOS団

Great anime.. Mikuru's really cute.. and with her seiyuu.. it just screams moe-ness.
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 06:26   Link #104
adamatari

I'll echo nearly everyone else so far in saying this was just BRILLIANT. Though I was spoiled about the film-within-a-film conceit (4chan lol), I think any viewer watching this would pick up on it fairly soon. If the opening doesn't tip you off, then at least very quickly it should be obvious - my god, the song was SO BAD. The false bad production values cleverly conceal ridiculously high ones, though - even the song was done REALLY WELL. Also, anybody else notice the feedback tone at the beginning? The way they imitated bad production values is brilliant in itself (I'm pretty sure the tone was on purpose...).

Honestly, if you got scared off by the first episode you shouldn't watch this show. This was comedic genius. The jokes were all WAY overdone, but hilariously so.

As for the characters... It seems Mikuru is a wimp and ditz in real life. Yuki is one of those "silent but weird" types that seem to be more popular lately (a definite contrast with the earlier Rei type of silent, passive girls). Itsuki is still a mystery as far as I can tell. I think Kyon likes Mikuru - he's way too jealous of Itsuki. As for Haruhi, she instantly reminded me of Tomo from Azumanga Daioh.

I didn't really notice anything weird was up until the cat talked, but after watching again the eyebeam thing seemed to have actually worked for real the first time, accidentally striking down our cameraman...

Even if the rest of the episodes are only half as good this series will be far above average. If they are close to the quality of this first episode this will be a true classic.
adamatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 07:38   Link #105
Deiwos
Tatakau Waitress

Send a message via MSN to Deiwos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
That's weird, aren't her "friends" in the SOS Club all humans?

Just wait for some more episodes and you will find out

Last edited by Deiwos; 2006-04-06 at 11:17.
Deiwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 07:40   Link #106
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, it was fun, I hope it turns out to be a good show.

Yuki (or whatsherrealname) FTW

Loli power
Old 2006-04-06, 07:52   Link #107
ECFNW

I just LOVE the ending theme of the show and how smooth they animated the characters in the dance sequence of it.
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 08:04   Link #108
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamatari
As for Haruhi, she instantly reminded me of Tomo from Azumanga Daioh.

I didn't really notice anything weird was up until the cat talked, but after watching again the eyebeam thing seemed to have actually worked for real the first time, accidentally striking down our cameraman...
Dear God... that's a terrifying thought... an omnipotent Tomo... *shudder*

NEXT EPISODE! NEXT EPISODE!
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 10:09   Link #109
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECFNW
I just LOVE the ending theme of the show and how smooth they animated the characters in the dance sequence of it.
Hee. I know I've done little else but squee at the dance sequence in the ending, but it's just so awesome. I could watch it over and over again.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 10:25   Link #110
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

There were many moments that made me laugh out loud. The AK47 scene was perhaps the funniest of them all in my opinion.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 10:34   Link #111
Katapan
俺様祭り

Best OP ever. I wish they'd keep it for all the episodes ;_; The lyrics are just priceless. Beam attack!
That was by Yuko Goto, right? Who would have thought she could do something like that...

About the episode itself, there isn't much more to be said, easily the most hilarious show out of all the ones currently starting. They really handled all the bad filming points really well imo (especially the time when Mikuru stands still with the man who told her she was working hard, a bike just had to pass by at that moment), and the mikuru beam has the best animation ever made. I'm really hoping the following episodes will keep an equal funny factor.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 10:38   Link #112
lavielove

what so good about the first episode is that when you rewatch the episode after knowing the ending get you more laughters =D
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 13:15   Link #113
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, it was fun, I hope it turns out to be a good show. Yuki (or whatsherrealname) FTW Loli power
Nagato Yuki (loli-witch) is played by Chihara Minori, who was Erika in Lemon Angel Project and Natsume Aya in Tenjo Tenge.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 13:16   Link #114
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Now THIS is what I call good comedy anime.

I do not understand for the life of me how School Rumble could be considered funny, but then again, there are different senses of humours.

I found the comedy very refreshing. I've never really found anime funny, and only the ones which have taken a slightly different approach than norm, such as Hale Nochi Guu and Magikano, have made me literally LOL.

This was great because it wasn't crazy or fast paced, but you had to observe closely to catch the humour, like as someone said
Spoiler:

and when
Spoiler:

Ah, I love this series.
Btw, the blue haired girl in the preview reminded me of Kanna from AIR, lol.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 13:32   Link #115
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
what so good about the first episode is that when you rewatch the episode after knowing the ending get you more laughters =D
Yeah the second time is even more hilarious! I'm getting too excited now. Somehow the premise works like a charm having us watch Haruhi's skewed idea of a movie through the scrutinizing eyes of Kyon (the actual film doesn't include Kyon's voiceover correct?). I can imagine how boring it will be if I'm a student watching the film at the cultural festival without Kyon's monologue, though if I'm attentive enough, I guess there's half a chance that I might recognize and enjoy it as it is... a parody of bloopers, fanservice, overused cliches and nonsensical plot devices!

Scenes like Mikuru stuffing the envelope between her breasts for no reason other than for fanservice, Mikuru's running bouncing 'loop' also for fanservice, the cat falling off Yuki's shoulder, Tsuruya burst out laughing at the cheesy dialogues, Itsuki carrying Mikuru off like a princess whereas Yuki and others 'disappeared' etc... they are all so amusing to watch. The parodies are so blatant and contrived but the effect comes out as totally refreshing and ingenious if you know what I mean.

Mikuru is another winner, who needs ass kicking mahou shoujos/ battle maids/ waitress when the clumsy version is ten times better. Gotou Yuuko's voice as Mikuru is moe~!

PS: The ED dance sequence rocks! Now if there's an enlarged version...

Last edited by Boukenxha; 2006-04-06 at 14:54.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 13:42   Link #116
Ramen89

This was easily the most hilarious episode of anime I've seen in a while, but Im a bit sceptical as to whether the rest of the series can live up to the awesomeness of the first episode, time will tell I guess.
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 13:43   Link #117
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Yeah, the ED dance sequence is cool. What annoyed me though is not just the fact that the size was small, it's also the fact that the dancing was only in short bursts, i.e. it kept on getting interupted by the other clips =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen89
This was easily the most hilarious episode of anime I've seen in a while, but Im a bit sceptical as to whether the rest of the series can live up to the awesomeness of the first episode, time will tell I guess.
Yeah, I wonder what the comedy in the actual series is like, as opposed to the first episode.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 14:16   Link #118
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
Yeah, I wonder what the comedy in the actual series is like, as opposed to the first episode.
Kyon's hard hitting tsukkomis are what I remember the most. Oh, that and watching Mikuru-chan get abused in every possible way by Haruhi.

Besides the comedy though, there are other memorable scenes too. The ____ scene between Haruhi and Kyon in the lockdown dimension at the end of volume 1 was like "kya~~>ヮ<". For a tsundere, Haruhi's dere comes only once in a blue moon, but that's what makes it so good. So Kyoani, don't screw that scene up.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 14:30   Link #119
Zappster

The surprise of the season so far for me. I knew very little about it beforehand(still don't know all that much after the first episode) and I wasn't even sure if I'd be following it, it was on my "maybe" list. Definitely going to keep up with it now though, that first episode was just brilliant. All the little touches that you notice and start laughing at(e.g. the cat, witch supposedly flying out of the window and you can still see her hat popping up, some of the "actors" bursting out in fits of laughter in certain scenes, etc...), and then you have the commentary which is just the icing on the cake. One of the best first episodes I've seen really in terms of entertainment, comedy and getting me hooked on a series.

Voice acting was top notch as well, especially Goto Yuuko(sp?) as Mikuru, who's just awesome and amazingly cute.

I'm laughing just recounting some of the scenes , always a good sign when it comes to comedy.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 14:39   Link #120
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked how Mikuru stuffed the pay envelope into her top, then bowed and bumped her face on it. I also liked the continuity f-up when you see her start running with the envelope there, then it's gone, then it's back again.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen