AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2012-12-10, 05:20   Link #2681
Azumanga Davo
Chiyo IQ, Osaka Aptitude

Well, definitely keeping an eye out to see what the go is.
Old 2012-12-14, 02:24   Link #2682
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

I was in Japan about a month ago. I tried to go to the LS shrine (it had been on my list), but it's quite a ways out of Tokyo, and I was running short on time, so I had to turn back midway. Oh well, at least I tried...
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 03:09   Link #2683
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
I was in Japan about a month ago. I tried to go to the LS shrine (it had been on my list), but it's quite a ways out of Tokyo, and I was running short on time, so I had to turn back midway. Oh well, at least I tried...
How hard was it to get there? I thought they had great mass transit.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 18:12   Link #2684
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
How hard was it to get there? I thought they had great mass transit.
It wasn't that it was hard; it's just that I was on a tour, I had to meet up with my party again at a certain time, and it was taking longer than I thought it would to get up there (it's probably over an hour out of Tokyo by train).
Old 2013-10-15, 02:42   Link #2685
whattawiseguy

I'm watching the English dub and they keep bleeping in the middle of words like Pokemon... is it for copyright reasons? :O
whattawiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 06:03   Link #2686
kagami77

Here's some pics I took at the Hiiragi Sister's Birthday Event with Fukuhara Kaori (voice of Tsukasa) at the Washinomiya Shrine on Monday. I think it was one of the best anime-related events I've ever participated in.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/ojJNT
Event site: http://www.wasimiya.org/birthday/

I can summarize details of the event if anybody would like.
kagami77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 09:35   Link #2687
Salieri

I've been making my way through the series recently and am liking every bit of it. Thank god for youtube though, since my search for DVDs of the show has been pretty fruitless. Any suggestions?
Old 2015-01-26, 05:58   Link #2688
Notshane
College Member

Oh man, this was an awesome show; haven't seen it in years though. Might pick up a DVD, fortunately a little shack I know of carries anime DVDs for reasonable prices and I have glanced upon Lucky Star a few times.

Given its cheap price of twenty bucks for the whole series, I might just consider buying this little slice-of-life gem again, the only female lead comedy that defines the genre better than all the rest have tried to do.
Notshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 18:07   Link #2689
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Has it really been almost a decade now? I feel old...

I was browsing the episode reviews and smiling at all the descriptions of the various real-life "holy sites", speculation on which matsuri the girls attended to watch fireworks, etc. But there was one bit of trivia which I'm surprised the many American viewers never tried to answer: where in the States does Patty come from?

Welp, according to (Mi)Wiki, Kasukabe's sister city is Pasadena, California, and the chambers of commerce sponsor annual student exchanges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasuka...#Sister_cities

Pasadena's a pretty rich city (home of the Rose Bowl/Parade and some nicely restored 1910s and '20s Craftsman architecture) so yeah, that might explain why our favorite weeaboo likely has so much disposable money.

Then again, there's also a chance that she's from Haddonfield, New Jersey, near Philadelphia, whose high school has an exchange program with the real-life Saitama Prefectural Kasukabe High School.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saitam...be_High_School

Again, Haddonfield is another rather wealthy, historic town...and yes, Debra Hill, co-writer of Halloween, was from there, so she named that setting after her hometown. And it's right next to Voorhees! (If Patty is from there, good thing she didn't tell that to Tsukasa, heh.)

Last edited by andyjay729; 2015-11-15 at 18:33.
Old 2016-08-13, 19:13   Link #2690
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Recently bought the series from Funimation.

This show was the first anime I've ever watched (save for Toonami) in Japanese like 8 years ago, so it has a special place in my kokoro. It was appropriately my "gateway anime" that introduced me to many different shows.

Re-watching it 8 or so years later and I still fuckin love it. The characters are still lovable and the topics and comedy are still relevant. Now that I am a little bit wiser now, I didn't realize how much of a pedophile Konata's dad seems like rofl. The English dub is also pretty decent. It's not perfect and some weird quirks here and there, but the voices match the characters for the most part.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 04:56   Link #2691
RichardFromMarple

I watched it 2 years ago after hearing good things about it.

I really enjoyed it, though at the time it was out of print in the UK on DVD so I had to get an Australian set.

Nice to see Funimation has bought up the rights, with it being released on Blu-Ray.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 07:39   Link #2692
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
It is being released again in the UK, but only on blu-ray which I would consider to be a bad thing since I consider the DVD version of the US funimation release better upscaled on an HDTV then the blu-ray version because it has a massive case of the jaggies.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 23:05   Link #2693
AP24

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...lapses/.135435

Goodbye...
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen