Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-31, 20:14   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
The epic subtext made it hard for my face to stay straight.
As I said on another board - OoFuri is what baseball manga would be if it was written by Mafuyu from Seitokai no Ichizon...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 12:13   Link #42
PeterI

I just watched the first new episode on Keyhole TV. It looks really good.

There will be lots of baseball starting next week.

Peter.
PeterI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 14:54   Link #43
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

^Cool. How was the OP? Looking forward to a sub. Hopefully Central Anime will deliver again.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 16:27   Link #44
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

^The new opening is great. I've already heard the full radio rip, but the song itself just really nice to ear (I can't pin point what's so good with this song). The animation sequence is pretty much as the openings before, just the group playing baseball.

Everything is done in high definition and just makes the animation looks better. It's the animation you expected from Oofuri. The whole episode doesn't feel like a new season, it's just the 'next' episode. They didn't spend anytime recapping.

I really should have waited for the sub. I thought I might do okay with an introduction episode with my anime-learnt Japanese. I guess I'll wait for the sub before I make any comment about the actual episode.

Just a random thought. Why aren't there any character singles? I thouhgt series that has a decent fujoshi following tend to have character singles...
Old 2010-04-02, 02:11   Link #45
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Oh hell yes. EASILY the most scientific and in-depth of sports anime I have ever seen coming back.

This especially after Cross Game's severe lack of any in-depth gameplay of baseball.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 07:18   Link #46
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
^Cool. How was the OP? Looking forward to a sub. Hopefully Central Anime will deliver again.
We have a capper getting it to us as I type. First one always takes the longest to get out for us.
Old 2010-04-02, 09:44   Link #47
_gallo_

First episode was what you would expect from Oofuri: pleasant and refreshing, with the usual slow pace. Yeah, actually there's no recap but i liked the way they used to tie the two series with that small flashback. The overall quality is still high with some nice animated moments (i liked the soccer scene). For some reason it seemed to me that the amount of cuteness has increased from the previous season. I dunno, perhaps it was just Mihashi doing all that cute expressions and the new op which looked more sweet and less energetic than the earlier ones.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 10:10   Link #48
tsunade666

I had been waiting for this and still waiting for subs. Among all the baseball manga I read this is one of the type that doesn't really on pure brute speed.

I like this one though I'm stuck on the manga because their is no raw release for this.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 10:18   Link #49
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
For some reason it seemed to me that the amount of cuteness has increased from the previous season. I dunno, perhaps it was just Mihashi doing all that cute expressions and the new op which looked more sweet and less energetic than the earlier ones.
The fact we got so much screentime from the manager girl might have helped, too. And I really like her, so I wish this becomes more common. Here's hoping her character will get some actual development in this second season.

As for the episode, you're pretty much spot-on. That football scene was hilarious, both because it had some very nice animation and because they paid a lot of attention to small details. Note how Mihashi kept running all alone trying to mimic every movement Tajima did, haha. And the way the both of them leave celebrating their perfect play was hilarious! Poor Mihashi.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:00   Link #50
jpwong

Woo, it's finally here. First episode seemed a bit talk heavy, but I already sort of expected that before the show even started, so I wasn't terribly disappointed. It's great to see this series keep going.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:18   Link #51
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 1 of Season 2 feels just right. Like the last TV episode was broadcast just last week or two.

Tajima sugoi!

Except that he really is taking advantage of Mihashi in the football/soccer match. Mihashi is clearly clueless of being taken advantage of. Looking at the both of them, they are totally in a world of their own.

I'm happy that there's a second season and was just grinning from ear-to-ear during the course of the episode. Definitely picking up the R2J DVDs when they are released later.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 12:25   Link #52
tsunade666

reading the reply here. Makes me more eager to see it for myself. I can't find any raws out yet so I can't watch it and this type of show doesn't even helps someone like me who knows only few japanese words. That makes me wait for the sub more......
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 17:51   Link #53
Theowne
耳をすませば

Update: Subs are expected on monday (probably) according to Heibi @ the CA forums.

I only watched the OP sequence. The song isn't exceptional, but the sequence as a whole certainly gets me back in the mood for more.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 19:15   Link #54
firehawk12

First episode felt like a huge recap... but I guess that makes sense.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 20:19   Link #55
Hikari no Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post

This especially after Cross Game's severe lack of any in-depth gameplay of baseball.

coz cross is not about baseball, anything adachi's works are just about love
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 22:13   Link #56
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
And death. Don't forget the death.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 23:31   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And throwing balls at crooks. Don't forget that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 01:10   Link #58
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
I know. I keep getting hoodwinked by Adachi's stuff. But Ookiku is like... the sports anime of the highest caliber. Sorta bewildering if you ask me. I fully expect to get headaches with all the mindgames this show will throw at me.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 01:16   Link #59
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I know. I keep getting hoodwinked by Adachi's stuff. But Ookiku is like... the sports anime of the highest caliber. Sorta bewildering if you ask me. I fully expect to get headaches with all the mindgames this show will throw at me.
Yeah, Adachi's works are about people who play sports, while in my opinion Oofuri is an ode to sport itself - which naturally includes everything that comes of it, such as close friendships and rivalries. After watching Oofuri the sports portrayal of other series took a bit of a hit for me. And I really like how it avoids stuff like convenient homeruns or ace players.

(waiting for sub)....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 10:32   Link #60
Kirarakim

I think Oofuri is definitely better at the sports aspect than Cross Game but overall I still feel Cross Game (with it's wonderful slice of life moments) is the superior series. Not that I dislike Oofuri though, I am really looking forward to the new season.

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports