AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-02, 12:40   Link #2201
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
Do you remember what Chitoge's mom told Raku about his pretending to be her bf? (page17 chap 63)
That, I must say, is the cliché foreshadowing (actually it's not even "shadow") in this kind of manga, which literally means that "you have feeling for her but not yet realise it"
You may be right about it being cliché but don't look into it too much. He may be slightly smitten with chitoge but he still full on crushes on onodera

You guys talk about the moments between raku and chitoge but throughout the whole thing with her mom they still pretty much hate each other. He's acting like a bf quite obviously the only other moments were when he had amnesia and that's useless to look at.
Fact is since Chitoge realized she was in love with him he's actually had more moments with Tsugumi and even *shudder* Haru then he has with chitoge.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 18:27   Link #2202
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You may be right about it being cliché but don't look into it too much. He may be slightly smitten with chitoge but he still full on crushes on onodera

You guys talk about the moments between raku and chitoge but throughout the whole thing with her mom they still pretty much hate each other. He's acting like a bf quite obviously the only other moments were when he had amnesia and that's useless to look at.
Fact is since Chitoge realized she was in love with him he's actually had more moments with Tsugumi and even *shudder* Haru then he has with chitoge.
That could be interpreted as Chitoge being the "true end". If you look at it from that perspective, then any time spent on Chitoge is actual story progression which brings us closer to the end (and thus to be used sparingly), whereas time spent on other characters is fine because it's just "filler".
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 20:01   Link #2203
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
That could be interpreted as Chitoge being the "true end". If you look at it from that perspective, then any time spent on Chitoge is actual story progression which brings us closer to the end (and thus to be used sparingly), whereas time spent on other characters is fine because it's just "filler".
lets see what happens
Old 2014-02-02, 21:45   Link #2204
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Well yeah, right now Raku is head over heel for Ono (starting now I better call her Kosaki). That's 1 point ahead for her.
But no matter how I look at it, Chitoge is the main girl in term of char progression and screen time. With that advantage, I won't say she'll win for sure but she's last-girl-material just as much as Kosaki.
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 22:11   Link #2205
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

You know... I used to root for the underdogs in some other series (well not many). But series like this, on the other hand, I gotta go for Chitoge this time. Well I'm not gonna say I root for Chitoge because that she's the main girl or first girl win (Chitoge isn't the first girl in this series, I think). It's because the story was set on the so-called couple from two different gang factions get into 'fake' relationship as the only means to make a truce or avert the bloodshed between two parties. And it is inevitable to acknowledge it. However, the real romance part lies with anything relates to the pendant and key. Right now, we got Chitoge, Onodera & Marika as a candidate of the girl Raku met in the past (the 4th is unknown). However, Onodera is likely out of contest, since Raku did say he met her since middle school. But, if Chitoge is the 'winner', then it makes more sense to how the story was started from the first place.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 22:20   Link #2206
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
You know... I used to root for the underdogs in some other series (well not many). But series like this, on the other hand, I gotta go for Chitoge this time. Well I'm not gonna say I root for Chitoge because that she's the main girl or first girl win (Chitoge isn't the first girl in this series, I think). It's because the story was set on the so-called couple from two different gang factions get into 'fake' relationship as the only means to make a truce or avert the bloodshed between two parties. And it is inevitable to acknowledge it. However, the real romance part lies with anything relates to the pendant and key. Right now, we got Chitoge, Onodera & Marika as a candidate of the girl Raku met in the past (the 4th is unknown). However, Onodera is likely out of contest, since Raku did say he met her since middle school. But, if Chitoge is the 'winner', then it makes more sense to how the story was started from the first place.
However it was stated that Onodera chitoge and raku played together when they were younger hence why she had a key. He just doesn't remember all of that
Old 2014-02-02, 22:46   Link #2207
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Well I think Marika would make a lot more sense.

- Key examination: , specifically their top parts - Marika's is the only one having a heart there.
Onodera's has a cross, Chitoge's has a sickle moon and the 4th is unknown

- Marika was the only one who remembered the promise

- Chitoge isn't exactly the girl that would cry because of a sad ending in a picture book, while Marika might have cried because of a similar fate awaiting her due to her condition.

- Marika pestered her father all those years that she wants to see her fiancee (raku)

- Raku's father only 'remembered' Marika

- Chitoge is blonde, the girl has brown or red hair

- Despite her other attempts to make him fall for her she never uses 'that', which is either the truth from back then or her ilness

The only thing that can imho top the Marika hints is that one sentence Raku started shortly before his memory returned, sadly he never finished it so we don't know.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 00:05   Link #2208
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I don't know if anyone has brought it up before, but what if Raku's "memory" of that promise girl was nothing more than a combination of childhood memories from all the current girls he knows? Basically a combination of Kosaki, Chitoge, and Marika, and his head just subconsciously creates the image of one girl who takes a bit of trait from each of those three? In other words that promise girl doesn't really exist?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 00:40   Link #2209
AC-Phoenix
Detective

That would be trolling... Seo style trolling...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 02:24   Link #2210
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I don't know if anyone has brought it up before, but what if Raku's "memory" of that promise girl was nothing more than a combination of childhood memories from all the current girls he knows? Basically a combination of Kosaki, Chitoge, and Marika, and his head just subconsciously creates the image of one girl who takes a bit of trait from each of those three? In other words that promise girl doesn't really exist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
That would be trolling... Seo style trolling...
but.. it would be a rather good sounding theory and make a LOT of sense especially in regards to how young minds think. I mean...honestly... why so many keys for 1 locket? Going under the pretense that it would indeed need multiple keys to unlock, logically tho alliance through marriage of either YakuzaXBeeHive or PoliceXYakuza is pretty sound, tho i'm still an Oondara fan, (tho honestly I rather enjoy all the girls but ya know).
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 10:44   Link #2211
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
- Key examination: , specifically their top parts - Marika's is the only one having a heart there.
Onodera's has a cross, Chitoge's has a sickle moon and the 4th is unknown

- Marika was the only one who remembered the promise

- Chitoge isn't exactly the girl that would cry because of a sad ending in a picture book, while Marika might have cried because of a similar fate awaiting her due to her condition.

- Marika pestered her father all those years that she wants to see her fiancee (raku)

- Raku's father only 'remembered' Marika

- Chitoge is blonde, the girl has brown or red hair

- Despite her other attempts to make him fall for her she never uses 'that', which is either the truth from back then or her ilness

The only thing that can imho top the Marika hints is that one sentence Raku started shortly before his memory returned, sadly he never finished it so we don't know.
It's Chitoge. After asspull with eyes it's obvious it's her. Brown hair? Those are just vague Raku's memories.
Old 2014-02-03, 10:52   Link #2212
ImperialFlameGod8190

Lets wait and see the answer until then speculation is pointless
Old 2014-02-03, 16:16   Link #2213
Death Usagi
Banned

Well, as long as this doesn't end up like those harem series where 1 girl is chosen then the others are all tossed aside (rejected)...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 17:02   Link #2214
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Well, as long as this doesn't end up like those harem series where 1 girl is chosen then the others are all tossed aside (rejected)...
unfortunately it seems that way because right now the only guys of note are raku and shuu. Shuu will probably end up with Ruri if anybody and raku will take the girls. Sadly there's one more terrifying problem and that's IF a 4th girl exists when will she come into play.
Old 2014-02-04, 23:28   Link #2215
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
unfortunately it seems that way because right now the only guys of note are raku and shuu. Shuu will probably end up with Ruri if anybody and raku will take the girls. Sadly there's one more terrifying problem and that's IF a 4th girl exists when will she come into play.
I think there is the possibility that one of the existing girls that are close to Raku actually does have a key just that they lost it long time ago and doesn't remember. Otherwise the author will have to add in a whole new character in, which seems pretty late I think (well not really if you consider Haru's entry into the main story).

But right now I am seriously curious of what Marika's secret is and just what kind of dark secret she has right now. One theory I have is that Marika is actually close to death soon that she is enjoying the life she wants right now before her death. The mood from Chapter 96 and 97 was pretty dark when Mikage asked Marika about "that" and when she also asked Honda about how Marika is. I don't know if the secret that Marika was hiding in Chapter 90 also has do with this.

As much as I love Kosaki as the best girl for Raku, Marika is the second best and I don't want a sad ending for her TAT. I mean she is really dedicated towards Raku. Kosaki is just too sweet of a personality XP (MAKE YOUR MOVE ALREADY!)

It would be kind of boring though if the one to get Raku is Chitoge though...

On another note, I seriously love the reaction faces the characters have in this series. It's just too full of win XD

If I had to rank my favorite female characters for this series, it would be:

1. Onodera Kosaki
2. Tachibana Marika
3. Onodera Haru
4. Tsugumi Seishirou

(Sorry... I don't like Chitoge at all that much...)
Old 2014-02-04, 23:56   Link #2216
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post

It would be kind of boring though if the one to get Raku is Chitoge though...
But it will be Chitoge in the end unless the series gets a harem style ending.
Look, Chitoge is in last place on my list as well but it's easy to see that her being the main character and getting most of the attention only means one thing: She will be the final girl.

For once I wish there was a harem series where the main girl wasn't freaking obvious.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 23:58   Link #2217
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Look, Chitoge is in last place on my list as well but it's easy to see that her being the main character and getting most of the attention only means one thing: She will be the final girl.

For once I wish there was a harem series where the main girl wasn't freaking obvious.
That's what I want too... It is ALWAYS the main girl who wins in a harem series whenever I read/watch any... SIGH...

Seriously if Chitoge is revealed to be the promised girl and such, I am going to seriously feel bad for Kosaki and Marika... =A=;;
Old 2014-02-05, 00:00   Link #2218
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Mashiro Iro Symphony was a good one that fits the bill.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 00:09   Link #2219
Death Usagi
Banned

I wonder how it will turn out if Chitoge finds out the guy Kosaki likes was actually Raku? Actually same goes for all the girls who like Raku right now. I wonder what would happen if like all the girls find out that they all like Raku.

If I had to compare feelings that characters have for Raku, I would say Marika would be first, and Kosaki would be second as they have had the most genuine feelings for him for a very long time.

Let me just say the Onodera sisters are just too sweet and hilarious XD
Old 2014-02-05, 00:17   Link #2220
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Well, well... Even if Chitoge turn out to be the winner, I'm sure Raku don't like to be harsh on the other. Especially Marika, it'll be too harsh for her. She will be like "Why?!? Why it isn't me?!? I'm supposed to be the one to marry you! You said you promised me that! I'll kill you if you don't pick me! I'll kill you if you don't marry me! I really will kill you..." Ouch... I made her sound like a yandere...

Anyway, a somewhat open end would be a bit better, even though Chitoge was likely to be one winning. I'm sure Raku would fulfill their desires and make them happy with a fair share, by one night stand~ hue hue~

Damn, I don't wanna see this to end like Oreimo. :/
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life