AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-28, 12:35   Link #18761
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What makes Kamachi an effective writer?
My opinion would be complicated thinking. From what I've seen, he's always covered his bases when it comes to the established lore, and it can be impressive how he weaves the different arcs together between Raildex and it still all makes sense in the end.

However, one criticism I would have of his stories is that you REALLY need to pay attention to every detail, otherwise you can get lost down the black hole very quickly.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:10   Link #18762
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What makes Kamachi an effective writer?
I'm trying to determine what you mean by 'effective writer', I'm assuming you mean how he's able to churn out so many stories?

As a fanfic writer I can tell you one thing- You have to really, REALLY love to write. None of that procrastination crap, and secondly you have to really, REALLY know what you're talking about, in order to make the words flow like a river.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:30   Link #18763
ellifeedn
Thinker

What does Kamachi do that makes us want to read his stories and how is he able to consistantly do it?
Old 2012-06-28, 16:32   Link #18764
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
What does Kamachi do that makes us want to read his stories and how is he able to consistantly do it?
Fanservice :troll:

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-06-28, 18:29   Link #18765
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Isn't that more to do with us as the readers rather than what he does? I mean, you could have an Author that writes nothing but uninspiring harem jokes and reused plot material and devices and he would still have people wanting to read his stories, consistently, as long as he hits his target audience.
Old 2012-06-29, 00:15   Link #18766
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Yeah right, if that was all it took to be epic blockbusters Infinite Stratos and Highschool DxD might have overtook Index LNs' sales
Old 2012-06-29, 02:16   Link #18767
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
you should add "great fanfic material" with it

From my experiences with Index and HO (and little bit of things I read about Zashiki warashi), I'd say it's because of his :
-freakishly appealing stories
-complex and detailed settings of his universes
-delicious and interesting female characters
-obsession over advanced technologies, wars and city/country/world-wide crisis that leaves almost no room for the usual boring beach and date episodes
-overpowered loli
Old 2012-06-29, 02:22   Link #18768
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
for me i like Kamachi's worldbuilding and entertaining characters & their interactions. and his plotlines are awesome (e.g. killing 20k clones for a level up).

also i like his drawn-out writing style.
Old 2012-06-29, 02:23   Link #18769
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Yeah right, if that was all it took to be epic blockbusters Infinite Stratos and Highschool DxD might have overtook Index LNs' sales
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
-obsession over advanced technologies, wars and city/country/world-wide crisis that leaves almost no room for the usual boring beach and date episodes

desrtsku's right about one thing though, Kamachi don't really do fanservice well

He had a lot of ingenious 'LOL!' moments, but his fanservice -save for a few- are all relatively uninspiring.
Old 2012-06-29, 06:04   Link #18770
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
also i like his drawn-out writing style.
eh, I heard it was a nightmare for translators ... js06 might be an exception though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He had a lot of ingenious 'LOL!' moments, but his fanservice -save for a few- are all relatively uninspiring.
Exactly, he's really damn good with all those perverted jokes and all, but it's generally ... meh when it comes to real "practice" (though it looks like he's not holding back anymore with Waltraute )

Off topic : is there a Zashiki warashi thread already?
Old 2012-06-29, 06:37   Link #18771
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
eh, I heard it was a nightmare for translators ... js06 might be an exception though.

i also like how he doesn't write in first person in order to show how the characters think. i don't like reading in first person.

i don't think we have a zashiki warashi thread yet.
Old 2012-06-29, 06:39   Link #18772
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Yes there is.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:37   Link #18773
desrtsku
Nympholept

@Hao ha, too bad, I like both but I think that I'm more at ease reading 1st person. It's easier for me to emphasise with the guy, well it's a matter of taste I guess

Quote:
Thanks
Old 2012-06-29, 09:01   Link #18774
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
desrtsku's right about one thing though, Kamachi don't really do fanservice well

His fanservice scenes seem to be awkward and not really rousing... In fact, it's the kind that makes you want to laugh the hell at them and shout "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IT'S SO AWKWARD AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

Though I might be one of the only people who get amused easily even with the lamest things ever.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-06-29, 09:19   Link #18775
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
@Hao ha, too bad, I like both but I think that I'm more at ease reading 1st person. It's easier for me to emphasise with the guy, well it's a matter of taste I guess
Yes it is a matter of taste- But I'm with Hao on this as well

I find first person view rather limiting- You're only seeing things from one perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
His fanservice scenes seem to be awkward and not really rousing... In fact, it's the kind that makes you want to laugh the hell at them and shout "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IT'S SO AWKWARD AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

Though I might be one of the only people who get amused easily even with the lamest things ever.
No, you're right- Kamachi writes better hilarious scenes than fanservice scenes.

I doubt anyone can forget the ridiculously bland ecchi scenes of Season 2's arcs.

That's not to say he should abandon fanservice altogether, he just need to stick to more subtle things like... Causally bringing up that a certain character knows how to pole dance.

Because you know, these things get brought up all the time when people are just chilling...
Old 2012-06-29, 10:34   Link #18776
tsunade666

Kamachi's ecchi scenes are meh and not ecchi at all but funny. Thus people who like ecchi preferred real deal ecchi stuff. SAO's been known for its 16.5 which the heck I've seen all the time when its been mentioned that they first read it because they heard that the mc had sex -_-

I find Kamachi better troll than an ecchi writer. I stay away from waltraute so I'm not sure if he improved on that part. Stupid ecchi stuff is just not my work of reading. Worst is a good example of how good Kamachi as a troll.
Old 2012-06-29, 13:45   Link #18777
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Yes they were awkward, however I didn't mind the small Oriana fanservice that was given. A body like that was nice to see

Reading Volume 2 for the first time, goddamn J.C Staff fuck them, the encounter with Aureolus Dummy was more important than I thought it was.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Last edited by Kenju of the Right; 2012-06-29 at 13:56.
Old 2012-06-29, 14:09   Link #18778
Ashaman

Really. How so?
Old 2012-06-29, 14:18   Link #18779
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Well not really important but it was really cool! And would have been nice to see the fight and scenes with him animated
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-06-30, 11:20   Link #18780
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Funny how time flies, in about 10 more days the July Titles would be out and if there's still not NT 5 announcment... Well, that's that for September as well...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen