AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 21:16   Link #9021
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I've had an idea of Mactavish's character, but never named him. Mactavish seems to fit.

Anyway, why do they get shot?

And does Joshua get inducted into FRACTURE? He could, maybe voluntarily. He'd be a useful asset.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 21:20   Link #9022
Eratas123

@ Rain - Mactavish shoots them. Remember, he'll do anything to accomplish his goal, that includes killing his own allies. He didn't expect the skull suit to be fire proof

Joshua going into FRACTURE? Tempting, but I planned for him to retire once he got better and get a chance at a new life.

Side note - Can you tell me a bit of Ryuu Tokiwa's personality?
Old 2011-11-22, 21:23   Link #9023
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

@Eratas, you finished with my fic? It's been 2 weeks
Old 2011-11-22, 21:25   Link #9024
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: ... You know, I was planning for the guy to be the spy... Wow. Great minds think alike. But mine's probably not so great if I stroke my ego way too much.

Okay, Ryuu Tokiwa... Caring father, brave soldier, hates grapefruit with a zealous vengance, will do anything for his kids, charismatic, is good in bed (as told by Tabane, and the fact that Koyomi exists), etc.

Those are some random quirks I pulled off the top of my head. There's more, I just need to dig a bit deeper.
Old 2011-11-22, 21:33   Link #9025
Eratas123

@ Yachi - Halfway done. It's long and I'm adjusting some of the dialogue.

@ Rain - You know, he kind of reminds me of Joshua to be honest. I was thinkong of pairing him with someone but I don't know if I can write adult romance. Thought of pairing him up with Tabane once but Kyuukai and Irish being brothers would be too much of a meltdown. Yamada as well but the age gap might be a problem (he's late 20's to early 30's)
Old 2011-11-22, 21:37   Link #9026
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Pair him with an OC or an OC stand in. Or you could make him be in his early 20s and have him stick up a relationship with a third year of IS academy.

Oh, and Tabane's devoted herself to be permanently single. Well, until she discovers the virtual imprint of her husband that he made by scanning his brain... Did I just say that?

Meh, to lazy to spoilerfy it.
Old 2011-11-22, 21:37   Link #9027
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

guess no one saw my post Time to work on Riz. Her's is cooler
Old 2011-11-22, 21:43   Link #9028
Eratas123

@ Rain - Problem being I already said that he had a 6 year old kid before he died. His wife and child were killed by an IS so he joined the group. He's a clear anti-villain and looks out of place on the group.

He feels protective of Irish since he's the youngest member and reminds him a bit of his own son. Irish sees Joshua in a somewhat similar manner with his limited understanding of love.

@ Meister - I saw it, thought it was pretty funny. Karon's POV makes me laugh.
Old 2011-11-22, 21:47   Link #9029
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Tabane and the guy could at the very least have a good friendship.

Be back in about half an hour. Gotta clean up a bit more.
Old 2011-11-22, 21:53   Link #9030
Eratas123

@ Rain - That'll work. Though Irish would be a bit peeved that he's becoming friends with the person who created the machines that killed his family. Joshua is more mature than him so he knows how to look past his prejudices against the creator of the IS.

Though he really shouldn't talk since Koyomi's pretty much attached to him as well.

@ Meister - When will you update Vandam?
Old 2011-11-22, 22:08   Link #9031
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

trying to push ahead with the next bit, but may be taking a break tonight. Probably tmr will have another scene
Old 2011-11-22, 22:10   Link #9032
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Koyomi can see Joshua as a father figure, if you'd like.

Say, is Joshua the kind of person who likes kids in a good, innocent way? I've got a perfect idea for his retirement and/or rehabilitation process, while still giving him a good amount of spotlight.
Old 2011-11-22, 22:14   Link #9033
Eratas123

@ Rain - Yup. He's fond of kids and tries to take care of them as much as he could since he feels like it helps him make up for his own kid dying. He's the reason Irish still has morality in him and why he still has lines he doesn't cross.

@ Meister - Looking forward to it
Old 2011-11-22, 22:20   Link #9034
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Good! Because across the river (at least in my fanon), about a block away from the monorail station, is an orphanage. Most are orphans from the Second Conflict, their parents either manufacturers at dissonant companies, soldiers or mercenaries in battle, or just unlucky civilians caught in the crossfire.

Most haven't come to terms that their parents are gone. Kyuukai (well, in later chapters) goes to volunteer there whenever he can. He can take Joshua with him, since he could lend a hand. Joshua could be captured, captivated, heartbroken and empathetic when he meets these kids. He didn't have time to leave a good impact on his son's life. So when he meets these kids who feebly hold onto whatever connection they can make...

He finds a place, a home to build his second chance.

Impactful, and should be carefully written... Maybe too high a criteria.
Old 2011-11-22, 22:27   Link #9035
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Jak: ... I'm pretty sure Kyuukai and FRACTURE would have a WTF/WTH reaction when they find out of your guys' group (if they don't know about it already). I'm pretty sure FRACTURE and Tabane would be pissed at the fact that there are these kids running around with guns. Which would shed more scrutiny on Kyuukai, who would have his proverbial leash tugged much tighter than before.

To the point where he's probably going to metaphorically be strangled to death.
Old 2011-11-22, 22:33   Link #9036
DarkJak2050

That bad huh?...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 22:35   Link #9037
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Jak: Nothing against your characters themselves, but it's their opinions on the whole child soldier concept. Kyuukai will be officially removed from active duty because of this, but he'll still do missions away from public eye.
Old 2011-11-22, 23:01   Link #9038
Eratas123

@ Rain - That's a good idea! He was a doctor who treated people so he probably treated some of their parents.

Side note - Joshua was a good parent. His regret is irrational since how could he have known jos family would get attacked when he went to get supplies? Even if he stayed, the IS would've just kill him.

I'm in class so responses will be a bit sporadic for 20 mins.
Old 2011-11-22, 23:38   Link #9039
Eratas123

@ Rain - Class finished late Anyway, internet is being a dick again so I can't edit

How's Kyuukai's knife fighting skills? And does he have a style of fighting with it?
Old 2011-11-22, 23:45   Link #9040
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: His knife and blade fighting skills are top notch. But in a competition, he's always disqualified for using tactics and moves that could easily maim/kill his opponent, even with a dulled blade.

It's a skill I've learned on my own time. You might be familliar with it, maybe not. It's apparently the deadliest knife fighting skill on earth, according to quite a few people.

Filipino Knife Eskrima. Here's a vid, if you can watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ6-4K27QR0

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest