Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-30, 05:22   Link #161
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
so it will be the return of Turn A's weird elongated proportioned MS & MA on high heels?
What's wrong with that?

*hides CLAMP proportion preferences*
Old 2014-03-30, 06:27   Link #162
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
What's wrong with that?

*hides CLAMP proportion preferences*
i thought CLAMP did design an MS in some magazine, well to be correct a Mobile Fighter variant for G Gundam, what is it called again? "Queen/T-back Gundam"?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 00:09   Link #163
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ah, Queen. One of the most organic Gundam outside of Bio Gundam. And has CLAMP all over it. XD
Old 2014-03-31, 22:37   Link #164
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I've been looking forward to the next proper Gundam series, but that brief preview isn't very inspiring. I'm not feeling the character designs at all. The animation also leaves a lot to be desired, but I realize that's a much easier thing to fix. I don't see the see character designs changing much between now and then which is a shame to me.
Rosalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 00:45   Link #165
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

You guys are hard to please. I'm not a huge Gundam fan (only seen 00/SEED/08th MS Team), but I keep an eye out for each new series... and this looks good to me? It helps that I absolutely adore E7 and its designs. The trailer was only like 30 seconds long, too... I bet this will be great. Definitely will be following updates on this, I had no idea a new Gundam was even coming out!
kresslia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 00:58   Link #166
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFairy View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the storyline. I watched about... 3 or 4 episodes of AGE when I decided to call it quits. It just didn't succeed in holding my attention. And I've been hesitant to watch Build Fighters. The overall concept is just... why? It doesn't sound like Gundam at all. So yeah... Hopefully this one is better.
I would put money on Build Fighters being better than this one.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 05:03   Link #167
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I would put money on Build Fighters being better than this one.
I don't think any Gundam series will ever be better than Build Fighters.
Old 2014-04-01, 14:44   Link #168
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
You guys are hard to please. I'm not a huge Gundam fan (only seen 00/SEED/08th MS Team), but I keep an eye out for each new series... and this looks good to me? It helps that I absolutely adore E7 and its designs. The trailer was only like 30 seconds long, too... I bet this will be great. Definitely will be following updates on this, I had no idea a new Gundam was even coming out!
It does help. I didn't like E7 or its designs very much so . . . yeah. That show definitely has its fans, but I'm not one of them.
Old 2014-04-01, 14:49   Link #169
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Its... giving me Gargantia vibes for some odd reason...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 20:58   Link #170
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I don't think any Gundam series will ever be better than Build Fighters.
Sadly, this statement is very true. The funny part is that GBF, isn't even a true Gundam (Space opera, military, drama), but still trumps all its predecessors in being a Gundam series anyway.

---------------------

I see a bit of Strike in the new Gundam.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Overall body design is similar to Strike's (specifically referring to torso & shoulders), but the new one's body is much more rounded, in contrast to Strike's & all other previous Gundam's sharpness. Makes sense since this is a different universe from SEED & the era after UC to boot. (ie. Technology is super advanced).

Series itself holds some premise since it takes place in the canon continuity. I always prefer to follow the main continuity over the alternate universes, since the whole history of it all is what makes it intriguing. So I'll chance a few episodes before deciding to stick with or drop it.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 23:34   Link #171
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
I've been looking forward to the next proper Gundam series, but that brief preview isn't very inspiring. I'm not feeling the character designs at all. The animation also leaves a lot to be desired, but I realize that's a much easier thing to fix. I don't see the see character designs changing much between now and then which is a shame to me.
The trailer was put together very quickly, in 3 days, according to Tomino.

Considering the fact that this show appears to be animated by Sunrise Studio 1, which is busy finishing up Gundam Unicorn right now it's possible they haven't started working on the actual animation for this show yet. Typical TV anime takes about 3-6 months to finish animating an episode, so they still have plenty of time.

So the trailer animation might not be representative of the final product.
Old 2014-04-02, 02:29   Link #172
monster

Quote:
3-6 months to finish animating an episode
I assume there is some parallelization work involved over multiple episodes.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 02:47   Link #173
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
The trailer was put together very quickly, in 3 days, according to Tomino.

Considering the fact that this show appears to be animated by Sunrise Studio 1, which is busy finishing up Gundam Unicorn right now it's possible they haven't started working on the actual animation for this show yet. Typical TV anime takes about 3-6 months to finish animating an episode, so they still have plenty of time.

So the trailer animation might not be representative of the final product.
Very true. One can only hope!

I do wonder why they didn't spend more time on putting together the trailer if, as Tomino has stated, they cobbled it together in three days. I should think they would care a bit more about first impressions.
Old 2014-04-02, 02:50   Link #174
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I assume there is some parallelization work involved over multiple episodes.
Your assumption would be correct.

The schedule for Bamboo Blade! got leaked before it aired 2007, it started airing in the autumn season just like Gundam RiG.
Images
schedule
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This gives you an idea how long it takes to complete an episode and when they start working on an episode.
Old 2014-04-02, 03:07   Link #175
monster

Nice, thanks for that. I guess the length is also given in anticipation of potential delays.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 05:24   Link #176
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
Very true. One can only hope!

I do wonder why they didn't spend more time on putting together the trailer if, as Tomino has stated, they cobbled it together in three days. I should think they would care a bit more about first impressions.
Maybe they are too busy trying to make the Unicorn deadline? And didn't want to devote too much resources to this project yet, especially if they don't plan on reusing the footages in the trailer.
Old 2014-04-02, 17:24   Link #177
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Maybe they are too busy trying to make the Unicorn deadline?
If that's the case you certainly won't see me complaining.
Old 2014-04-02, 21:18   Link #178
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
No, even if Tomino wants to, Sunrise won't be done with U.C. There are some time hole (like the 6 years between First and Second Neo Zeon War) that could be filled.
Post Unicorn or bust. UC stories have got to stop bumping up against each other. It was cute at first but it's getting sad now. I'm tired of seeing a manga/novel/game/whatever being set in a two month time span between Already Significant Event #1 and Already Significant Event #2, with no more than a month or so on either side.

If you're not showing me what happened after UC0091 (or really, 0093), I'm not terribly interested. What, nothing happened on UC0100?

Also. Has this been confirmed as a TV series yet? I've seen some places try to pass it off as a movie which, with the current animation...
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 07:50   Link #179
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Well, first impression is good in my opinion, the animation style looks different enough and the main Gundam looks nice aswell. Can't wait to get more information regarding this show and how it's going to play out.

As someone mentioned earlier the trailer was tossed together so we can't really expect the animation shown in that one to be top quality.
the high-heel grunt looks fresh and new aswell.

This looks awesome, Awesome!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 08:42   Link #180
John117xCortana

I prefer the animation styles of Gundam 00 and Gundam Unicorn.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote