AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-25, 03:39   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Aldnoah.Zero - Anime Spoilers & Speculation

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Aldnoah.Zero anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.
  • Posting preview images or videos. Properly labeled spoiler tags required.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-07-25 at 04:00.
Old 2014-07-25, 18:42   Link #2
Irenesharda

Here's an interesting speculation question. I wanted to think about the titular object known as Aldnoah? What is it really? Is it a mech or something more?

Whatever it is, scared the crap out of Lt. Marito so much that he's still drowning out the memory 15 years later. And what could be so huge that not only do the Earth Forces deny it's appearance, but the Martian forces do too?

I wonder why they would do that? Earth I can understand, but Mars? Isn't Aldnoah and its power sacred to them? Wouldn't they want to revel in the awesome might of it? Why would they hush it up?

How powerful is this thing? If just the "light of Aldnoah" can power ships (the glowy balls of light seen in the castles), can act as ultimate shields that can absorb anything from matter to sound to light, and can even manipulate matter (I'm speculating that the princess' power comes from Aldnoah as well as is actually literally changing her appearance rather than it being an illusion), than what can Aldnoah itself do?

I'm speculating that Aldnoah might just be so powerful and unpredictable technology, that though the Emperor "supposedly" has control of it, it's too powerful even for him and that's why they hushed up the incident 15 years ago, because it would have shown that the royals are not as "divine" as they want them to think.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-25, 21:09   Link #3
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I also believe there are more than one Aldnoah, and the titular Aldnoah Zero might refer to one hidden on earth, maybe discovered during the battle of Tanegashima. This is why UFE hush up the whole thing. There are some massive conspiracies going around.
Old 2014-07-26, 22:16   Link #4
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Aldnoah is either a special power source or a special particle/energy akin to Gundam OO's GN particles. The assasins called the light given off the Trillham's mech the "Light of Aldnoah", so basically, all the mechs and/or all of the Martians tech probably give off this light and use Aldnoah.
Old 2014-07-26, 22:55   Link #5
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I believe Aldnoah is an nonexistent bullshit come up by the Martain's emperor for propagandas and brainwashings the mass thinking that he truly a god. This is why the title is "Aldnoah.Zero", zero is nothing. Hence our MCs will used Kataphrakt, the system that will exposed the true to the world!!
Old 2014-07-26, 23:09   Link #6
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I believe Aldnoah is an nonexistent bullshit come up by the Martain's emperor for propagandas and brainwashings the mass thinking that he truly a god. This is why the title is "Aldnoah.Zero", zero is nothing. Hence our MCs will used Kataphrakt, the system that will exposed the true to the world!!
I think you're merging your series a bit there.

However, I think Aldnoah has to be something. The power in the glowing balls that powers the Martian machines. The light that can flow over objects and become a barrier that absorbs practically everything. And whatever it was that Marito saw that day that's scared him for 15 years.

Aldnoah exists, whatever it is. We just don't really have any clues other than mentions of it right now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-26, 23:14   Link #7
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think you're merging your series a bit there.

However, I think Aldnoah has to be something. The power in the glowing balls that powers the Martian machines. The light that can flow over objects and become a barrier that absorbs practically everything. And whatever it was that Marito saw that day that's scared him for 15 years.

Aldnoah exists, whatever it is. We just don't really have any clues other than mentions of it right now.
The bottom part is just a reference to Valvrave, I really do loved that series. However title is for the most part do foreshadowed a lot of stuffs.
Old 2014-07-27, 10:49   Link #8
Utsuro no Hako

In the story itself, I don't think Aldnoah is any particular thing, but rather the name of the ancient Martian civilization.

As for the title, "Aldnoah" is the name of the overall franchise and "Zero" is the title of this particular season, just like Fate/Zero, /Stay Night, etc., or Selector Infected and Selector Spread Wixoss. Given Urobuchi's involvement, "Zero" is probably being used in the same sense as Fate/Zero.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:16   Link #9
ReddyRedWolf

I'm hoping the aliens come back take their tech from the Martians and kick them off Mars.

Maybe a twist Inaho is an alien.
Old 2014-07-27, 22:45   Link #10
Irenesharda

Here's a more realistic twist: what if the Emperor was behind the whole assassination in the first place? Think of it. What if he too wants to conquer Earth. He would need a cause to go to war and a bunch of supposedly "rebellious" knights to carry it out. So, he secretly gives orders to Saazbaum, one of his trusted knights, to have some Martians spies stage an assassination. His granddaughter and heir is killed, but Mars regains their "birthright" and conquer the Earth. The same Earth that took his son away from him.
As for who would be his next heir then? He can simply delegate the throne to the knight that has gained his favor. Asseylum is too soft to become Empress anyway. She's better served as being a martyr for her people.

Hmm, it's actually a pretty sound theory.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-27, 23:09   Link #11
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
So, he secretly gives orders to Saazbaum, one of his trusted knights, to have some Martians spies stage an assassination. His granddaughter and heir is killed, but Mars regains their "birthright" and conquer the Earth. The same Earth that took his son away from him.
I'm actually expecting that Gillsaia (I think that's how the son's name is written) is still alive, and that he's the one behind the assassination. But Ray being behind it wouldn't be too much of a surprise, either.
Old 2014-07-27, 23:44   Link #12
MeggieMay

My theory about how the Princess and the maid know it's Martians who were trying to kill her. The letter from Rayet's father. Those who've seen the supplementary materials for the show have seen the letter. Maybe the reason we know is that Assylum received the letter at the location she was staying behind at. That would have told her what was going on and could be the reason she and the maid fled.

As to her Grandfather being behind her assassination attempt - plausible but it could go a few other ways. I do think Assylum is way to sure that her Grandfather will support her but if she does make it out of all of this alive she's pretty much proven she's made of stern enough stuff to lead the Empire. BTW, if I remember the supplemental stuff correctly, it wasn't her Grandfather Ray who started the last war but her father. It ended when he died. I think the Crown Prince's death is needing to be looked at closer to explain just what is going on here, on the VERS Empire side of things.
Old 2014-07-28, 00:57   Link #13
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
As to her Grandfather being behind her assassination attempt - plausible but it could go a few other ways. I do think Assylum is way to sure that her Grandfather will support her but if she does make it out of all of this alive she's pretty much proven she's made of stern enough stuff to lead the Empire. BTW, if I remember the supplemental stuff correctly, it wasn't her Grandfather Ray who started the last war but her father. It ended when he died. I think the Crown Prince's death is needing to be looked at closer to explain just what is going on here, on the VERS Empire side of things.
You would be correct. Ray put an end on it and had only wanted the independence of Vers to be recognized.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-07-28, 03:27   Link #14
renuac

Quote:
Agreed about Gillsaia seeming more belligerent than Ray. I've been thinking that the Orbital Knights were probably his companions/aides, which might go some way to explaining why they could disobey Ray's summons back to Mars and get away with it. And I wonder if Gillsaia's death is connected to the battle of Tanegashima that even the Vers empire wiped from official records.
Old 2014-07-28, 07:16   Link #15
Arya

Quote:
My theory about how the Princess and the maid know it's Martians who were trying to kill her. The letter from Rayet's father. Those who've seen the supplementary materials for the show have seen the letter. Maybe the reason we know is that Assylum received the letter at the location she was staying behind at. That would have told her what was going on and could be the reason she and the maid fled.

I like both the theories, Irenesharda's and yours, about the grandfather and the father. Surely so far I sense a lack of serious enemies vibes from the VERS, I mean, I'm not expecting much of an improvement from the knights whenever they will appear. Or at least I don't see them as the real deal. So I can see a twist about what we consider, or should consider a safe zone/point. So this, or the actual cast that will be split to fight against each other due to different views about the path to follow.

I didn't read any supplementary materials, so my thoughts about how the maid and Seylum knew about the conspiracy is that something happened after that the princess "got killed".
Why they were wandering alone around the city. What happened to their entourage? My speculation is that A) the princess' delegation was itself involved in the conspiracy so the moment the parade got wiped out they tried to get rid of the maids, the loli one and the double. That would imply that Seylum is indeed the double, because I suppose all the entourage would have known who was who in these situations, it's a decision that would be taken among the entourage and not just between the Princess and the double. Officially. There is still the possibility that due to a sort of confidence between the princess and the double they decided to keep it secret from the rest of the entourage. Did they do that by chance or did they suspect something? But that would not explain how they knew about the spies, that is a very circumstantial detail.
So B) probably the Terrain conspirators had also planned to get rid of the whole princess' delegation, or just part of it. That could mean that the maid and Seylum saw by chance people of their delegation confabulating with some suspicious Terrains and then some of their entourage getting killed by these people. So they ran away. Again they should have known about the double, here the explanation is the same as above.
And the accomplice part of the delegation went back to confirm the princess death and the events making all more plausible.

Not that these speculations are free from inconsistencies, like if they ran away, why nobody chased them down? But in any case surely something happened.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-07-28, 09:49   Link #16
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
You would be correct. Ray put an end on it and had only wanted the independence of Vers to be recognized.
Hmm, I don't remember it saying that Gil (whatever his name is ) started the war. The only thing that was said about him was in the timeline that said he died in the battle of Heaven's Fall. It did however say that Mars was the one that declared war on the Earth. However, since Ray retired two years previous, his son was probably the one who declared it I guess. However, I can't say that Ray is off the hook just yet. We have to see what he's like to really get an idea of he goes along with the knights or not. The war might have made him angry and bitter, and it wouldn't be the first time a ruler became warped and twisted even though he started out with the better of intentions.

I just think that something really bad is going to happen if and when Asseylum gets in contact with her grandfather. Like she thought it was safe telling him she was alive, but in reality it was a big mistake.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-28, 11:50   Link #17
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Hmm, I don't remember it saying that Gil (whatever his name is ) started the war. The only thing that was said about him was in the timeline that said he died in the battle of Heaven's Fall. It did however say that Mars was the one that declared war on the Earth. However, since Ray retired two years previous, his son was probably the one who declared it I guess.
Indeed, Gillsaia was the reigning emperor at the time the war fifteen years ago was declared, so it would have been him, not Ray, who started it.

And having thought on it more, I really can't buy the idea that Ray ordered Asseylum's assassination. The problem with the idea of Ray ordering his granddaughter's assassination to have a casus belli is that he didn't need one. As far as we know, Gillsaia started the previous war without one and had no problem rallying the knights to his cause. If Ray had wanted to conquer Earth, he could have just called the knights and said, "Sup? Go conquer Earth," and the knights would have jumped at the chance.

Though I do agree with the idea that something bad will probably happen when Asseylum (whether she's the real one or a double) finally manages to contact him.
Old 2014-07-28, 18:02   Link #18
MeggieMay

Quote:
I just think that something really bad is going to happen if and when Asseylum gets in contact with her grandfather. Like she thought it was safe telling him she was alive, but in reality it was a big mistake.
That's a point but that could also play out without the Grandfather turning on Asseylum. We don't know what sort of health he's in or how much real control he has over the situation on Mars. Asseylum is also going to be taking a big chance trying to contact him, when she does, in that the message is going to have to get past all of those Knights to reach him (it takes around five minutes for radio waves to get to Mars, though that's current technology).
Old 2014-07-28, 22:27   Link #19
Irenesharda

Quote:
That's a point but that could also play out without the Grandfather turning on Asseylum. We don't know what sort of health he's in or how much real control he has over the situation on Mars. Asseylum is also going to be taking a big chance trying to contact him, when she does, in that the message is going to have to get past all of those Knights to reach him (it takes around five minutes for radio waves to get to Mars, though that's current technology).
Asseylum seems pretty smart and knowledgeable, at least in regards to her home planet. She's only been gone 3 months. If she believes her grandfather has the authority and power to end the war the moment he knows she's alive, she has to have some idea of the authority he wields and is capable of. By figuring out that the knights may have some play in her assassination, she seems to have an idea of the political climate of her people. If her grandfather had no power than I think she would notice it an wouldn't be so sure about him being able to end the war.

Now of course it's not going to be as easy as she thinks, but I think she should at least know somewhat of how much authority the office she will inherit actually has.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-28, 23:00   Link #20
Thess

Theory: all those promotional images they had in the website are snapshots of events that happened before the episodes or offscreen. I recall Okisuke's picture in episode 4 to be actually part of this.

I suspect these two are also mean to be pictures in universe (I admittedly dismissed them as simple introduction promo, but not anymore, specially after the published material that shows the Vers as a photo).

Meanwhile these four pictures are likely scenes that happened offscreen: Inaho walking into school in episode 1, Slaine getting ready to pilot his plane in episode 2, Asseylum dressing up in her room before meeting Slaine and going to Earth in episode 1 and Yuki showing the new Aerion model.

Then, there is another set that pities mecha vs mecha which could be more metaphorical than precise. One is Vlad in his Arygyre defending Cruhteo's castle and the other one shows three Sleipnir (Inaho's, Calm's and Inko's most likely) protecting a base at the distance.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Closed Thread